Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Ettin will never ban me because I know his true name and have bound him with the dark ritual of Sh'remp ahn tee b'aabee, so I have absolutely no problem spoiling the return of the Vong in the third act.

Seriously though, he's probably not going to nail anybody for spoiling a movie, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Dick move though

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm already avoiding half my regular internet haunts because my friends, who scarcely use the internet, don't understand, and aren't trying to find the time until next week or later, I don't want to be avoiding SA as well.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

signalnoise posted:

Dick move though

Well, yeah, but threat from moderation's not gonna stop that anyway.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Posting episode 7 spoilers in star wars threads is too easy. You should post them in other threads where the readers are likely also fans but won't be expecting it. Like the magic or board game thread here in /TG. :3:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Is there really that much crossover between Magic and X-wing? I figure if you're still playing MTG these days, that's sucking up most of your money.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

grassy gnoll posted:

Is there really that much crossover between Magic and X-wing? I figure if you're still playing MTG these days, that's sucking up most of your money.

We were talking episode 7 spoilers. While the people who post in this dead forum are a lot more diehard than most, magic is a lot more popular than it used to be and is popular enough to be known almost anywhere in the US. Not as popular as Star Wars, of course, but there's probably a lot of nerds who play and will watch the new movie.

I will say though that because of the wider appeal and gender inclusion, board gaming thread is probably your best best for dropping good spoilers.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
I saw it! Went this morning with a couple of friends. Dear X-wangers, ep 7 is cool and good and is a proper star wars movie.

Because we had the earliest showing it was in 3D, which I'm not that big a fan of, but it held up more than ok. If you're going to watch it more than one time, def consider 3D. I'll probably head back in january for a second time in 2D. All of my friends enjoyed it, as did the whole theatre.

It's time to forget the prequels for good, because this franchise is back in the best possible way :)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Wowshawk posted:

I saw it! Went this morning with a couple of friends. Dear X-wangers, ep 7 is cool and good and is a proper star wars movie.

Because we had the earliest showing it was in 3D, which I'm not that big a fan of, but it held up more than ok. If you're going to watch it more than one time, def consider 3D. I'll probably head back in january for a second time in 2D. All of my friends enjoyed it, as did the whole theatre.

It's time to forget the prequels for good, because this franchise is back in the best possible way :)

The marathon screening is in 3D and I was upset about that. Glad to hear it holds up decently.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Does Dumbledore die?

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

The marathon screening is in 3D and I was upset about that. Glad to hear it holds up decently.

Yup, the action lends itself really well for 3D. Afrterwards when we were talking about it, everyone was impressed with how gorgeous it looked. Photography on this flick is excellent. When compared to the prequels (which I haven't seen in a while) they just pale in comparison and seem static and dull. Feels like coming home to that universe again, and though much has changed, the background feels familiar and lived-in.

Story's good, characters have actual arcs, and there are little nods to the original trilogy, but nothing too blatant or in-your-face. Lots of funny little moments too, it doesn't take itself too seriously, but retains gravitas when needed. JJ gets star wars.

Dumbledore died in one of the prequels???

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Darth Snape did it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It's true, from a certain point of view.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

"From a certain point of view"? :mad:

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

LingcodKilla posted:

Darth Snape did it.

"No, Luke. I am your sled."

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

See, black potus did the spoil in the magic thread so now, for those of us who don't care, we can see the overlap of people who care and test my hypothesis. :3:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Playing some Epic tonight in celebration.

Couldn't get tickets to the midnight showing though D:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The only thing better than seeing a new Star Wars movie is not sitting in a line with smelly losers then sharing the same close proximity air in a dark dank theater while assholes yell out the lines and laser pointers flash around.

I did opening night for the last cycle and my tolerance for poo poo is much lower now.

I'll try Monday night.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I got a ticket from my buddy, who is the same buddy who got me into x-wang.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
CSI is having another big Star Wars sale. I got a Ep. VII core set and b-wings in their black friday sale, and decided I freaking love Xwangs now. This is pretty much the Great Wallet Welp of 2015 as far as I'm concerned.

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 16, 2015

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Finster Dexter posted:

CSI is having another big Star Wars sale. I got a Ep. VII core set and b-wings in their black friday sale, and decided I freaking love Xwangs now. This is pretty much the Great Wallet Welp of 2015 as far as I'm concerned.

Between X Wang and Armada I have literally spent $250 on star wars poo poo in the last week. I dont even need a rebel transport but it was $33 how can you pass that up?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

ranbo das posted:

Between X Wang and Armada I have literally spent $250 on star wars poo poo in the last week. I dont even need a rebel transport but it was $33 how can you pass that up?

If I had the spare change I'd have jumped all over that. I really haven't had the $$ to throw down on wangs lately, still need to pick up some new core sets too.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

edit: Just everyone get more ties

lenoon fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 16, 2015

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So I played my first Aturi cluster game on Monday (Well first succesful one). Anyways, my y-wing with an ion bomb and TLT survived. With 10 xp. and we won the mission. I am strongly trying to figure out what upgrades I want. I think, esepcially since I am rolling a TLT to bump up to ps3 and get Predator. Thoughts?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

LingcodKilla posted:

The only thing better than seeing a new Star Wars movie is not sitting in a line with smelly losers then sharing the same close proximity air in a dark dank theater while assholes yell out the lines and laser pointers flash around.

I did opening night for the last cycle and my tolerance for poo poo is much lower now.

I'll try Monday night.

Yeah it's terrible. I'll go out with my friend tomorrow to watch the madness but will wait until next week to watch it. Depending on how drunk we get, we might start spouting spoilers and get our poo poo kicked in. If I don't post for a while, you'll know why.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah it's terrible. I'll go out with my friend tomorrow to watch the madness but will wait until next week to watch it. Depending on how drunk we get, we might start spouting spoilers and get glared at real hard by a bunch of wheezing fanboys. If I don't post for a while, you'll know why.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

bunnyofdoom posted:

So I played my first Aturi cluster game on Monday (Well first succesful one). Anyways, my y-wing with an ion bomb and TLT survived. With 10 xp. and we won the mission. I am strongly trying to figure out what upgrades I want. I think, esepcially since I am rolling a TLT to bump up to ps3 and get Predator. Thoughts?

Predator is pretty great in the campaign since you face so many low PS enemies. Just remember it's like double cost to go up a pilot skill and EPTs are double costed too, so to go from PS2->3 you need to spend 6XP and then to buy the 3 point Predator EPT is another 6XP. Or you could just cheat and do whatever haha - I found the intro mission super easy and then the later missions get like exponentially harder until you're lucky to just be able to fail the thing and fly off the map without losing everything you came in with.

EDIT: I do really like being able to fly a B-Wing with Gunner & FCS & an HLC without it taking up like all the points in my list. Working towards Predator and then eventually Keyan Farlanders ability if I can ever get some more games in.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Predator is a massive no-brainer in Aturi due to the high number of PS1 enemies.

I'd take it out if I didn't have ways to absolutely demolish players regardless(I run an ongoing Aturi Cluster game.)

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The guy who designed the Aturi Cluster system plays at my LGS and for the longest time when he played it with other people I thought it was an RPG-style GM driven campaign :downs:

He prints off these cool flyers advertising it that also have the movement dials of every ship on it for reference.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Predator is very good on a tlt y-wing, and will take you all the way up to very high ps when you can replace it with a Horton / experimental interface / marksmanship combo. I can't remember when bombs and modifications open up, but engine upgrade and proton bombs are both super useful. Because the low PS AI tends to follow your tail, you can often catch multiple ties in a proton blast, while EU lets you boost out of firing arcs.

Edit: I remember veteran instincts being a useful add too. It lets you move after the elite enemies, even if your team is staying at equal PS rather than spreading out. Or at least lets you beat elites at odd PS values? Can't remember off the top of my head.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 17, 2015

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I did toss on an ion bomb because I only had 2 points left after the TLT. Now that I have 10 points, I can grab an engine upgrade for 4, proton bomb for 3, and then, R5-P9 for the last 3?

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

I'll try Monday night.

drat! We had a mellow crowd (there was even applause at the end of the show, which never happens round these parts). Didn't even have to bust out the emergency vaporub for smelly nerds and they all shut up when the movie started. Go to a 3D showing, apparently hardcore dorks hate that. Won't stop them bitching online though. Obligatory stormtroopers showed up at the next show, but by then we were all "hip" and "cool" with the new-style stormtroopers, so they could go suck a fart and we didn't deign to give them any attention. So we arrived before the smelly hyped masses, I guess. I do want to see it again in a theatre, but it'll probably have a long run.

I did buy a Jawa plushy to put on the couch :3:

Also, working on a list with new Tie/fo's, I expect a couple of pilot spoilers/new stuff in the next few days. Used the Tie/fo in escalation a couple of times, and it owned. Escalation is a whole nother ballgame to work with, and I tend to stick to fast, evasive ships like Ties that stick around a lot longer than in regular games, funny enough. The fact that it's a free-for-all really makes the evades and arc-dodging shine. Probably because there are fewer ships on the table and nobody focus-fires

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey there, does anyone still have the photos someone posted a while back that shows how/where the rear maneuvering fins on the Satan Wagon detach? Since I was given a 666 for my birthday yesterday (on the day the movie came out too - excellent timing Disney :woop:), and I want to try that 'hold over boiling water' trick that was posted a while back, so that it'll actually fit in my Plano case.
Thanks

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Major Isoor posted:

Hey there, does anyone still have the photos someone posted a while back that shows how/where the rear maneuvering fins on the Satan Wagon detach? Since I was given a 666 for my birthday yesterday (on the day the movie came out too - excellent timing Disney :woop:), and I want to try that 'hold over boiling water' trick that was posted a while back, so that it'll actually fit in my Plano case.
Thanks

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/188383-hounds-tooth-wing-removal-pics/

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

My FLGS had the new T70 and TIE/fo packs tonight.

Omega Leader is amazing. He's easily my new favorite Imperial pilot. Maybe the honeymoon period hasn't worn off yet, but I ran several variations of a Carnor Jax + Omega Leader list and it was just really drat good.

Carnor Jax: Push the Limit, Royal Guard, Autothrusters, Stealth Device
Omega Leader: Juke + Comm Relay

The two come out to 60 points exactly. I tried a few things for the remaining 40.

I tried Whisper, but I think it doesn't synergize well. I felt I needed more warm bodies to take the heat off Jax/OLeader.

Then I tried some more TIE/FOs. I had the other two leaders: Epsilon and Zeta. Ep and Z synergize well. Ep takes the stress off Z, but in the end, I felt that Epsilon just wasn't pulling his weight.

I replaced Epsilon with Howlrunner and gave Zeta Leader the Wired EPT. That seemed to be a sweet spot. Made short work of a Dash + Corran list, and a regen Poe list as well.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!62:18:5:15:M.1;187:152,153:-1:-1:;188:150,-1:-1:-1:;18:-1:-1:-1:

I'm very happy with the Carnor + OLeader core of this list. I think Howl and Zeta Leader round it out well, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Any thoughts?

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

"Epsilon Leader" (19)
Stealth Device (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

All the lambdas use advanced sensors for a focus or target lock and 0 stop. Epsilon leader bumps and removes the stress. It's a fortress except you still get actions. It isn't going to win tournaments and it's definitely not going to win you friends but it is kind of funny.

Your opponent can choose to either never engage or they have to fly in and you get free shots on the way out. Initially I was going to give them all tacticians instead of APL but then I realised if your opponent bumped in the right locations they could potentially get shots on you while you couldn't fire back.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If you drop all other upgrades you can fit FCS/Mangler on every shuttle.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

What would be even funnier is putting Tactical Jammer on the Shuttles "guarding" Epsilon Pilot to make it harder to scalpel out.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
That's not that hard to crack if you run a list with any jousting ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
The leftmost shuttle is the weak point, countermeasures and rebel captive could be funny.

• Locked thread