Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just hosted an awesome Christmas party with my wife where we had a lot of good food and people brought cookies for people to trade.

Of the five people I invited who at least said "Yeah I might be able to make it" none of them showed up so it was all my wife's friends in attendance :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The little rubber o-ring that holds my watch's excess strap broke off at some point, so now the rest of it dangles annoyingly.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I came back to work only to realize I only have to work 4 days because I took a day off for Star Wars.

It's cool but like for a second I went whaaaaaat

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Smartphone app interfaces appear to have been designed for right handed people and as a left-handed person it's really annoying when I press the wrong thing.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The cat used the litterbox and it smells but I'm wrapped up in a comfy blanket and don't want to get up. But it smells bad. And I also need to go to Target but again, I'm comfy, and it's cold outside and I don't want to leave the house :(

I don't really have any excuse to keep laying here either, because I've read all my bookmarked threads. Good bye, warm, comfortable bed :(

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
:corsair: Those daggum hipsters over at the Apple store tricked me into getting a 5s! My 4s's battery died and I couldn't get it to come back on with the "new" fangled cable. (The one that doesn't hook in and unhook when you press the sides in. It just clips in and out.)

They said it was completely dead (probably because all the cables at the Apple store are the newer cables, with no clips) and I need a new phone. Paid upfront for the 5s because gently caress contracts + first world problem, since I have a job and the money to get a new one.

When I got home, I realized "Oh poo poo, this has happened in the past and I vaguely remember bringing the phone back to life, with the old (clip in/clip out) cable, even when the non-clip cable fails to power it on.

Today, I got to work, plugged the 4s into the old cable, with the clips and now it's back on.

I could return the 5s and probably hold out till next fall/save myself a few bucks, when the 7 comes out and get the 5s for less money, then but.... I don't want to. I already went through the hassle of updating the OS, restoring it from the backup point, adding all my email accounts back, re-connecting all my accounts to the apps and all that time consuming poo poo. "New" phone is 4x as fast and the processor really makes a difference. The display is a lot better, etc. etc. and the 4s feels like it has the density of a dying star.

Just the fact that I put myself through roughly 4-5 hours worth of effort what with buying the phone, case, screen protector and then restoring/re-configuring it translates to an hourly wage of what I'd have possibly saved, had I waited until the 7 came out and the older models dropped, in price.

Whatever, now I have a device dedicated to pooping.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

liquorlanche posted:

:corsair: Those daggum hipsters over at the Apple store tricked me into getting a 5s! My 4s's battery died and I couldn't get it to come back on with the "new" fangled cable. (The one that doesn't hook in and unhook when you press the sides in. It just clips in and out.)

They said it was completely dead (probably because all the cables at the Apple store are the newer cables, with no clips) and I need a new phone. Paid upfront for the 5s because gently caress contracts + first world problem, since I have a job and the money to get a new one.

When I got home, I realized "Oh poo poo, this has happened in the past and I vaguely remember bringing the phone back to life, with the old (clip in/clip out) cable, even when the non-clip cable fails to power it on.

Today, I got to work, plugged the 4s into the old cable, with the clips and now it's back on.

I could return the 5s and probably hold out till next fall/save myself a few bucks, when the 7 comes out and get the 5s for less money, then but.... I don't want to. I already went through the hassle of updating the OS, restoring it from the backup point, adding all my email accounts back, re-connecting all my accounts to the apps and all that time consuming poo poo. "New" phone is 4x as fast and the processor really makes a difference. The display is a lot better, etc. etc. and the 4s feels like it has the density of a dying star.

Just the fact that I put myself through roughly 4-5 hours worth of effort what with buying the phone, case, screen protector and then restoring/re-configuring it translates to an hourly wage of what I'd have possibly saved, had I waited until the 7 came out and the older models dropped, in price.

lol sometimes i have too many iphones too, my man. nobody understands

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

liquorlanche posted:

Why did you get a 5S? Do you mean 6S?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

lol sometimes i have too many iphones too, my man. nobody understands

Hence why it's posted in the first world problems thread :downsbravo:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I put on my shoes and went to check the mail (it's been rainy) and I got an orange card in that says COME GET YOUR poo poo, so I got ready and grabbed my wallet and was all set to go, and then I checked a box that was delivered on Sunday and realized THAT WAS THE DELIVERY BOX, so basically I got ready and put on pants and all that jazz for what amounts to no reason :smith:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bradzilla posted:

Hence why it's posted in the first world problems thread :downsbravo:
idk why you felt the need to post this. are you bragging that you know what thread you are reading? is that an accomplishment for you? I suppose in a 3rd world country a mentally handicapped person could be put to death so good thing you were born where u were:)

EDIT: oh maybe u thought i was being sarcastic and thats why u decided to be snarky, but let me assure you i have a drawer containing "a few" iphones and it is fun to have camaraderie on the internet. YOU gently caress. YOU MOTHER FUCKER! YOU FUCKKKCKCKSDFKSLJF:JASHDFJOHAOSIGY

VVV Eyy check out this guy usin his caps lock fuckin crazy out there right guys? never saw that before. guy's probaly LOOPED

bring back old gbs has a new favorite as of 22:23 on Dec 16, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Please take your medication.

E: My FWP, I'm impatient for the Steam winter/christmas sale. Let me throw money at you, Gaben! :arghfist::saddowns:

E2: Walkthrough writers who mix up West and East :argh:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Dec 16, 2015

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I have to avoid Facebook and probably SA until I see the new Star Wars movie because I don't want it spoiled by a few of my jackass friends and/or random trolls. There goes most of my internet entertainment and coordinating things with friends too hip for group texts.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking about going to the 1 am showing of the new star wars tomorrow but I'm gonna be helping my mom shop like ALL day and I'm pretty sure my back is gonna be a wreck after all that.

I didn't think I was this old yet :(

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I want to travel overseas for my winter vacation, but plane tickets are too expensive.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

BrigadierSensible posted:

I want to travel overseas for my winter vacation, but plane tickets are too expensive.

Sounds like a 3rd world problem.

I feel a bit guilty because my project deadline got pushed back after the christmas vacations when my company closes for 2 weeks .The others from my team still need to deliver their stuff before christmas. So I can more or less chill and enjoy the last few workdays instead of being stressed of meeting my deadline.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I put on my shoes and went to check the mail (it's been rainy) and I got an orange card in that says COME GET YOUR poo poo, so I got ready and grabbed my wallet and was all set to go, and then I checked a box that was delivered on Sunday and realized THAT WAS THE DELIVERY BOX, so basically I got ready and put on pants and all that jazz for what amounts to no reason :smith:

Around this time last year I got a red card through the door saying 'We tried to deliver you something but you weren't in'. After two failed attempts to re-deliver (they never even tried) I got two buses on a rainy December morning to the depot because I thought I was getting a Christmas present or something.

Turns out it was a letter from my letting agents telling me my rent was going up. :smith:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I loaned a friend 200 bucks and now she's being all weird and rarely replies to my messages. Why do people get so lovely about money?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My parents asked me what I want for Christmas, and I want a Charge HR but my mom and brother both have one on their lists and I don't want to come across as bandwagoning or that I don't know what I want for Christmas (which is partially true)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend is being all melodramatic about the new Star Wars and saying he refuses to use any social media till next week to avoid spoilers.

The fact the very second someone left the theater and posted on every Star Wars wikia and the main Wikipedia page means nothing to him. BTW dude, the main spoiler was already revealed in an interview when Ford said he wouldn't play Han Solo again.

I want to tear down my old window blinds and just put up stained glass applicas but I don't know if that will block out people looking in and seeing me.

My friend came out as asexual to me earlier this year, which meant nothing to me on an "OMG!" level because cool, you aren't into physical sex and since I don't want that kind of relationship with you, it doesn't affect me. I'm glad you're comfortable now. But every loving week she's posting some new asexual meme or affirmation how great it is not to be bothered by sex and I see more posts about that than anything else. Even loving Star Wars.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Dec 21, 2015

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I opened the Awful app on my phone and instead of going to the bookmarked thread list like usual it loaded the full board list and the FYAD title has changed to a Star Wars spoiler.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
Speaking of Christmas, can I please, for gently caress sake just have one day where I can rekindle a little bit of lost childhood and get The Witcher 3 as a present? Sure, I could buy it myself, but for the first time in my life, I wanna get a goddamn videogame from one of my parents, as a Christmas present. Plus, the best gift of all: Knowing my dad had to go into a Game Stop and interact with a Game Stop employee.

Growing up, I'd always ask for some game for Christmas and the response was always "No, you're not getting a video game! You already have video games and you play them too much!" Ok, fair enough. I was never a nerdling shut-in but I can see why my parents would rather I play with friends than sit inside, on a nice day, playing games.

But now...
-I'm loving 26
-I work MUCH harder and make more money than my mom.
-My dad is retired and does the same thing day in and day out. Wake up, go to the gym, come home, manage his IRA, watch sports and go out for dinner/drinks once a week.
-My last week's schedule was... Saturday: Jim Jefferies stand up show at a theater. Wednesday: Pan Pot at a night club. Thursday: Trailer Park Boys live. Friday: Got drunk (again) and had a bunch of friends over, for an impromptu party.

New Years Eve/Day is gonna be madness. On NYE I'm going to the Bruins/Canadians Winter Classic alumni game, to watch Knuckles beat the poo poo out of some poor, middle aged gently caress. Then I have a New Year's party + my friends got a table that comes with 3 bottles, at some club. On New Year's day, I'm going to the actual Winter Classic game.

I've been burning the candle at both ends. I do more in a week than most people do, in a month. I have a few days off, coming up and god dammit, I'm gonna spend them hole up in my room, in my pajamas, playing video games and watching movies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

My friend is being all melodramatic about the new Star Wars and saying he refuses to use any social media till next week to avoid spoilers.

The fact the very second someone left the theater and posted on every Star Wars wikia and the main Wikipedia page means nothing to him. BTW dude, the main spoiler was already revealed in an interview when Ford said he wouldn't play Han Solo again.

I want to tear down my old window blinds and just put up stained glass applicas but I don't know if that will block out people looking in and seeing me.

My friend came out as asexual to me earlier this year, which meant nothing to me on an "OMG!" level because cool, you aren't into physical sex and since I don't want that kind of relationship with you, it doesn't affect me. I'm glad you're comfortable now. But every loving week she's posting some new asexual meme or affirmation how great it is not to be bothered by sex and I see more posts about that than anything else. Even loving Star Wars.

(Star Wars)
Harrison Ford has been campaigning for Han Solo to die since Empire Strikes Back.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Dec 21, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My FWP is that I opened a FWP thread and had the goddamn movie spoiled. Thank a lot jerk. :mad:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

My FWP is that I opened a FWP thread and had the goddamn movie spoiled. Thank a lot jerk. :mad:

Yeah, that was unexpected and irritating. I'm just going to assume it's a fake spoiler or something, for my peace of mind. :) I'll probably see the movie next week some time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Normally my job is very boring OR very busy.
Today I have just enough work so that I can't goof off much.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I was just thinking how a few months from now it'll be time to update my phone, and I'm honestly a little upset that I'll probably have to catch up to the last decade and pick a phone that uses a touch screen keypad instead of a physical/pull out one which annoys me to no end and I feel like such a dinosaur for it, but my current phone (the photon Q) was kinda crappy from the start and was the best keyboard phone on the market. :corsair:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There are still Blackberries with keyboards, for a year or two until they finally go bankrupt.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm bloated from all the healthy eating lately. Gotta go fart jogging to get it all put.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm sick enough to be in bed and I have a bunch of things I need to get done and now I can't do any of them.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My high school friend, as I remembered him: cool guy, fun to hang out with.

My high school friend, as I met him last night by chance and as he presents himself on Facebook: :freep:

Why :negative:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's been a while since I've played a game that needs it and dammit I don't want to be sitting through this data install. :effort:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
My oven is new, the light doesn't turn on when you open it, you have to press a button. Why? The pizza was a little crisper as a result.

Mikl posted:

My high school friend, as I remembered him: cool guy, fun to hang out with.

My high school friend, as I met him last night by chance and as he presents himself on Facebook: :freep:

Why :negative:

I got this problem like 6 times, also a few friends are all "Jet fuel doesn't makemelt steel beams" and are super serious about it :(

Edit: My phone is an rear end in a top hat.

Brightman has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Dec 22, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For once I have Xmas off but that means I have to see my family :smith:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Brightman posted:

I got this problem like 6 times, also a few friends are all "Jet fuel doesn't make steel beams" and are super serious about it 🙁

Well, to be fair, jet fuel doesn't make steel beams. :colbert:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Well, to be fair, jet fuel doesn't make steel beams. :colbert:

Derp, although the actual statement is true, it's still what it's associated with that's the problem, but I'm sure that's clear. I have one friend whose brother thinks a secret energy weapon was involved :tinfoil:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

this exists

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't find my inhaler and I'm having a just-enough-to-notice asthma attack.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Some rear end in a top hat drove a minivan into my favorite ramen place :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I only have 3 gifts I need to wrap but I have no wrapping paper so I have to go to the store during the christmas rush to buy it :(