Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir John Eh
Feb 27, 2007
They say Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, but I should have that title

MA-Horus posted:

Unless it's a Sea King

Then I would expect it's sheer unadulterated terror

Ehh, its the only thing in the air force that'll survive a nuke. So we got that going for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Sir John Eh posted:

Ehh, its the only thing in the air force that'll survive a nuke. So we got that going for us.

A nuke, sure.

A stiff breeze? Total disaster.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Beef Stroganoff.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Scalloped Ham and Potatoes.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Uh cold omelette with mushroom sauce anyone?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Frozen solid mac and 'cheese'

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I still get nightmares about frozen hashbrowns. After that I started bringing granola so I could eat in the cold.

Anyone doing NANOOK this year?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Omelette in salsa. The Bloody Lung.

I got salmon filet ONCE and it was actually bomb.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I ate most of my rats cold but I had a frozen navarin once with the same consistency of a slushie and it really turned me off.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah except for BMQ/SQ where they made you get out the ol' exploding coleman stove mine were cold, never bothered me much.

Except for that one ex in wainwright where they went out to the costco and bought us bags of bread because we didn't have rats. That was fun.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Hah. Looks like now that I'm out of PRes Sigs, I might end up in Cold Lake - one of the possible practicum postings for my girlfriend's nursing program is up there.

How's the housing market up there? :v:

e: by "out of sigs" I mean the closest I've come to CADPAT since May was seeing a PPCLI Sgt on campus in a recruiting booth

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 10, 2015

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
hahahahahahaha housing "market"

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Don't buy in Cold Lake. After the wheels fall off the bus g-wagen that is the Canadian economy, you'll be able to pick up the whole block for like 30 cents on the dollar if you want to though :v:

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

stevobob fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 16, 2017

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
In INT we put our ration packs on top of the heatahahahahahahaha

just kidding we never ate rations I spent my whole tour eating Snickers Ice Cream bars and throwing darts at the other guy's offices

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 7, 2016

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
Throw your mashed potato powder and enough tobasco sauce in you can make anything taste like cardboard paste. Cold or hot get it in you.

I do kind of miss the ham steak and mustard tho.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
That bread though

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Mederlock posted:

That bread though

Ingredients: PAIN

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Mederlock posted:

That bread though

QFT. Space Bread and the peanut butter and honey in the toothpaste tubes will always be the breakfast of champions.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm pretty sure I could count on one hand how many IMPs I actually heated up properly, not counting the "ROCK OR SOMETHING" heater bags (which never worked for IMPs anyways)

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012
Got told there's only 8 positions opening for MARS all of next year

I though we were getting cool new ships whats goin on :captainpop:

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
I know that Geotechs are an NCM trade but who "supervises" Geotechs? There's no officer GeoTechs so is it because they're just attached to an ASIC/HQ that they just run amock without needing officers?

If so, thats pretty awesome.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

SuperSix posted:

Got told there's only 8 positions opening for MARS all of next year

I though we were getting cool new ships whats goin on :captainpop:

The Royal Canadian Navy; Irredeemably hosed.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Melian Dialogue posted:

I know that Geotechs are an NCM trade but who "supervises" Geotechs? There's no officer GeoTechs so is it because they're just attached to an ASIC/HQ that they just run amock without needing officers?

Hmm. Good question. Which cap badge do they even wear? LOG? Sigs?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
From what I remember they weren't all that different from doctors or any of the other "military trades" that don't really have anything to do with the military. The few we worked with were basically just middle-aged map geeks with high-end alienware laptops.

And I'm pretty sure they had a Sigs cap badge.

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

After doing 10 years with 2 CER and being out for 3 years, I just applied to join the infantry reserve in my town. What am I thinking? I will regret this......

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Some reserve infantry units aren't bad. You get to wear a kilt, or dumb hat, or call yourself a Rocky Mountain Ranger or Forrester or whatever.

I mean, how bad could it be right?

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012

Melian Dialogue posted:

I'm interested in this answer also. I have a GIS/Geography degree and that's the only relevant trade that won't put it to waste...would like to cash in on some Officer pay instead...

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Nothing happen for nothing
Geos do not have a sigs cap badge. They usually fall under same chain as int (hq) for deployments..

It also might sound cool to "not have officers" but what ends up happening is you just work for people who don't know you and can't write you up well.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

mdivi posted:

It also might sound cool to "not have officers" but what ends up happening is you just work for people who don't know you and can't write you up well.

So it's exactly like having officers

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
-

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 7, 2016

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

The only moral junior officer good idea faeries are my junior officer good idea faeries.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Has anyone seen the Petawawa Confessions Facebook yet? It's a bit like Cpl Bloggins was, although hopefully without charges.

Is joining the Legion a worthwhile idea?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

Has anyone seen the Petawawa Confessions Facebook yet? It's a bit like Cpl Bloggins was, although hopefully without charges.

Is joining the Legion a worthwhile idea?

If you're in a small town, they tend to be a better place to drink than anywhere else in town.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Don't join the one in Aylmer, it's being destroyed by people who only want it to be their private little watering hole (and these people aren't even military) and will eventually be shut down by poor management.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Hey, you know what's a cool and good way of doing things?

Changing the locks to several apartment buildings on a base on a friday, not having anyone available after hours to make sure that all the keys were sent/received by the people living in said buildings and then basically telling them "Lol, gently caress you, we'll look into it on monday!" when these people call in to report they can't get inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Was it a CFHA fuckup? That sounds like something stupid enough for a CHFA to do.

Either way, gently caress the CHFA.