Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Jeza posted:

Since so many of their changes are driven by data from MM, and they mention that spraying is far and away the most common way to kill people (on MM), it would be interesting to see what difference there would be on 128 tick. I don't tap as much when I play MM, I find it too unreliable.

Speaking of crouch accuracy, I just looked over SlothSquadron's apparently up to date spreadsheet and while the recovery time has been reverted, the CrouchInaccuracy is worse than it was before for M4/AK, even after the update?

That must be a mistake in his spreadsheet - in the post SlothSquadron made reviewing the changes he calls out that they reverted ALL rifle changes, including the weirdo crouch accuracy nerfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Valve making the decision to roll this back based on a really strong community negative reaction, along with their own data, is not really an "ugh loving reddit :smug:" situation. I guess, sorry if you liked the changes, but valve essentially said "we still want to do this, but we clearly did it wrong, and we need to rethink it", which like.... 90% of people in this thread seem to agree with, as well as people I talked to in MM, and every other comment I saw anywhere about the thing.

Also, please stop acting like a website is beneath you, while apparently reading, and certainly discussing, the content of the site at every opportunity. More posts with graphs and charts, and less about how big your community e-peen is, tia.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

surc posted:

less about how big your e-peen is, tia.

*posts a graph and chart about the size of my e-peen*

surc
Aug 17, 2004

pocket pool posted:

*posts a graph and chart about the size of my e-peen*

drat, there were some major nerfs!

E: Also, great username/avatar/post combo

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

surc posted:

:boom:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

surc posted:

More posts with graphs and charts, and less about how big your community e-peen is, tia.

this is the only cs graph I've got, sorry

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

surc posted:

E: Also, great username/avatar/post combo

It was in desperate need of some spray nerfs. Also running accuracy.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Bohemian Nights posted:

that's a very good graph, quite insightful thank you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Idk about you but I get stuck on Enthusiasm for a while and then when I hit the peak it's usually just unease to despair before I snap outta it

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Bohemian Nights posted:

Same, although "Rank up" as the last stage.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

I pulled off a 5 hp 3v1 clutch today bust lost the match. This accurately describes my situation.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why can't I just play normal loving gungame why do I need to either live with literal valve approved wallhacks or go on a russian server with 500 people in a 10x10 custom map that looks like the simpsons where people drop health packs and it loving screams DOUBLE KILL every 3 seconds

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

BeRandom posted:

I've unfortunately started looking into mechanical keyboards. Maybe it will make me better, but it probably won't. My current keyboard is from 2004 so I think it's time for an upgrade. Luckily I got an unexpected holiday bonus, so I can justify spending money that is basically free.

Right now I'm leading toward a custom WASD with MX Brown switches. Having a background in graphic design, I decided to mess around with the custom design thing they have.

Behold what I have created! The CSGO Rival Fade Keyboard!!

This is way cooler than a plain black keyboard. Right guys?

I ordered a custom keyboard from them and had to send it back twice because of issues.

BeWaRe ThE gHoSt oF kEyBoArD PaSt

OooooOOOOooo

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

surc posted:

Valve making the decision to roll this back based on a really strong community negative reaction, along with their own data, is not really an "ugh loving reddit :smug:" situation. I guess, sorry if you liked the changes, but valve essentially said "we still want to do this, but we clearly did it wrong, and we need to rethink it", which like.... 90% of people in this thread seem to agree with, as well as people I talked to in MM, and every other comment I saw anywhere about the thing.

Also, please stop acting like a website is beneath you, while apparently reading, and certainly discussing, the content of the site at every opportunity. More posts with graphs and charts, and less about how big your community e-peen is, tia.

closet Redditor spotted

But seriously, as a 2004, shouldn't you know that having a chip on your shoulder regarding the rest of the internet is one of the foundations of being on SA?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Glad they rolled back rifle and pistol changes. I'm not saying that they shouldn't make them period, but they should make them either incrementally (i.e. rifles are .01% less accurate then .02% etc) or instead of a whole big patch tweaking literally how every weapon (except smg/shotgun) fires, make changes to a class/group of weapons at a time.

I don't know why they feel the need to change how spraying works, making spray less accurate won't make 70% of your players change how they play, they're still going to hold fire and wildly flail around with the mouse until one of 3 things happens: 1) Enemy dies 2) Silver 1 dies or 3) Gun runs out of ammo.

Tap/burst firing is probably still the preferred method in 55-70% of engagements... Despite their data to the contrary, it's not a problem with the mechanics, it's a problem with poor game choices.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Jeza posted:

Since so many of their changes are driven by data from MM, and they mention that spraying is far and away the most common way to kill people (on MM), it would be interesting to see what difference there would be on 128 tick. I don't tap as much when I play MM, I find it too unreliable.

Speaking of crouch accuracy, I just looked over SlothSquadron's apparently up to date spreadsheet and while the recovery time has been reverted, the CrouchInaccuracy is worse than it was before for M4/AK, even after the update?

Hmmm.. I watch some pro, and 5-10 round bursts are the most common mode of fire as far as I can tell, unless it's a situation where you're trying to hit someone behind cover or ducking behind cover.. I don't really consider the latter case purely bursting, what you're doing is firing what bullets you can get away with before ducking behind cover and resetting, then popping up somewhere else, whereas the former case is using as many bullets could reasonably dink the other player, which is the most common case of bursting/tapping you get in cs:go. Some people might consider 9 rounds a burst, since you'r still doing the pull down and not the right-left compensation, but tbh it's still a bit of a spray. Additionally, they'll often -start- a big spray, but because their aim is good, they'll dink the person within the first few bullets, so it looks like a burst. That's just IMO.

Also I 100% understand why they did the crouch nerf. If you move into a spray, and duck, you can crabwalk to continue spraying and be 100% accurate, that's a spraying related mechanic, maybe that's what they were aiming for.

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 16, 2015

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Personally I can't stand the Reddit web site because it's full of intolerable retarded freaks constantly posting about video games and social anxiety but the bad part is if you capitalize the wrong number of letters in 'SSRIs' you don't get reprimanded by a paedophile.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Just shut the gently caress about Reddit and talk about important issues like mouse sensitivity.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

2@1400

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

2 @ 800

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Copy 1.6 settings, spray patterns, weapons, maps, bugs, graphics, models, sounds, movement speed, wallbanging, flashlight, nightvision, duck peeking, radio commands

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

I am glad that they fixed these stickers so I can (not) put them on my guns and pretend that I am a chicken. Thanks Valve this is important

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Icept posted:

Copy 1.6 settings, spray patterns, weapons, maps, bugs, graphics, models, sounds, movement speed, wallbanging, flashlight, nightvision, duck peeking, radio commands
Negative.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Just update 1.6 with matchmaking and ranks (and stickers)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1.75@500

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i was going to post an ace i got but I don't know how so in lieu of that i will describe it to everyone.

i seized b site, which they had stacked, winning gun battle after furious gun battle. finally, when i twas just 1v1, i repeatedly peeked the same angle over and over until i hit my enemy with enoiugh bullets to bring his hp to zero. I'd done it. I won the round. I typed ace in all chat to finish the process and everyone on my team clapped.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Mousesports have fired gob b in favour of Spiidi and are just in the process of getting brutally owned (lost Mirage 1-16) by CSGL, a second-tier Polish team, in the Road to Vegas quarterfinals.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tevery Best posted:

Mousesports have fired gob b in favour of Spiidi and are just in the process of getting brutally owned (lost Mirage 1-16) by CSGL, a second-tier Polish team, in the Road to Vegas quarterfinals.
Almost as bad as C9 using FugLy as their fifth last night and losing 0-2 to Enemy.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

Tevery Best posted:

Gob b forever.

symbolic posted:

Almost as bad as C9 using FugLy as their fifth last night and losing 0-2 to Enemy.

Enemy isn't that bad, they've beaten C9 three times now... They shouldn't be destroying them like they did last night either though.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

gob b :(

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Dispersal posted:

Enemy isn't that bad, they've beaten C9 three times now... They shouldn't be destroying them like they did last night either though.

Wait, what game was there last night? I'm not seeing anything on hltv.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Smol posted:

Wait, what game was there last night? I'm not seeing anything on hltv.

http://www.hltv.org/match/2299936-cloud9-enemy-eleague-road-to-vegas-closed-na-qualifier

CLG also lost to SPLYCE last night in the same tournament (the ptr/rooroo/stewie2k team)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

e: Beaten to it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Ah okay. I thought you meant that Liquid beat C9, so I was looking for Liquid matches.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Nvm

qhat fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 16, 2015

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
And mouse lose to Lounge after a very nice game on Dust II, where they managed to throw away a 11-4 CT-half lead and lose 16-13. ChrisJ played quite a strong game, he pretty much showcased every available AWP position there is on that map.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Bohemian Nights posted:

Unironically this.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

qhat posted:

Same thing happens when you post in TVIV, what's your point?

Bazinga!!

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Bohemian Nights posted:

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

BeRandom posted:

I've unfortunately started looking into mechanical keyboards. Maybe it will make me better, but it probably won't. My current keyboard is from 2004 so I think it's time for an upgrade. Luckily I got an unexpected holiday bonus, so I can justify spending money that is basically free.

Right now I'm leading toward a custom WASD with MX Brown switches. Having a background in graphic design, I decided to mess around with the custom design thing they have.

Behold what I have created! The CSGO Rival Fade Keyboard!!

This is way cooler than a plain black keyboard. Right guys?

http://www.corsair.com/en/corsair-gaming-k95-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown-be

Idk how much you're spending, but for 229 you can get led lit keys that let you customize each key separately.

• Locked thread