Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

tgijsola posted:

they'll take MTGO seriously

Be realistic.

If anyone from Wizards is reading this: I'd drop money on your online product during this coming holiday season, if its reputation and your apparent attention to it weren't such as they are now.

SoftNum posted:

Isn't their standard diatribe on this sort of thing about how magic players can't possibly understand how complicated mtgo is and how we should all just shut up and be happy with what we have?

Would be a valid point if other programs weren't doing the same thing without being MUCH worse. Yes, XMage doesn't have all the cards (hell I've never even used it), but I don't think it's ever had "You can no longer get these previously-functioning cards in booster packs because something went wrong.", which is just embarrassing. Or even if Wizards was a small up-and-coming company, or if Magic had exploded overnight and they were playing catch-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

i have a bookmark that just takes me to this thread/subforum and SA-Mart.

i can't believe people still read/post in fyad in tyool 2015

I don't, I just travel to the front page by default because I use the Food forum, the Anime forum, the Sports Forum and this one and FYAD is the one on the top and they change its name all the time

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Serperoth posted:

If anyone from Wizards is reading this: I'd drop money on your online product during this coming holiday season, if its reputation and your apparent attention to it weren't such as they are now.

The only reason I would be playing on modo now (if I could) is because I have a bunch of free play points for some reason and the holiday cube is starting.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

netcat posted:

the holiday cube is starting.

Why do you think I mentioned "this coming holiday season"? :)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Re: How everyone views the forum - I just save my SA bookmark to the User Control Panel; it lists all of your bookmarked threads in one spot while also telling you when you have PMs.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

netcat posted:

Great, and here I thought I could play some magic online digital objects for a change

two weeks ago the entire store was down after maintenance. Bravo, Wizards Of The Coast

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

JerryLee posted:

the spoilers here could hardly have been better picked as marquee cards: Kozilek, big new "mechanic," Expeditions. If that doesn't get the target audience excited enough for you, fire yourself.

Expeditions are a huge miss for me, the absurd rarity ensures that if I open any shiny rare land I'll most likely convert it into multiple non-shiny ones rather than holding onto it.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Zoness posted:

gee i hope none of you ever click the link to the main forums page that would show you fyad's title

there is something other than user control panel on this site?

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 16, 2015

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Cactrot posted:

Expeditions are a huge miss for me, the absurd rarity ensures that if I open any shiny rare land I'll most likely convert it into multiple non-shiny ones rather than holding onto it.

Yeah, I draft way too little to ever hope to open one of these. And then if you happen to open one online while spending the same amount of cash then woohoo, I guess.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Speaking of Magic Online being a great service.

quote:

Apparently @MagicOnline cast Time Stop. Reports of frozen drafts :( RIP in pieces in pieces Ripperoni

https://twitter.com/NumotTheNummy/status/677195152243339264

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jassi007 posted:

fyi, i went to report your stupid rear end in a top hat post, but someone beat me to it.

lmao

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jassi007 posted:

there is something other than user control panel on this site?

oh wait you made an even funnier post in the meantime

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Don't report funny posts guys. It's not what Han Solo would have wanted.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

it's really a bitch thing to do

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i want you to click on the link that says SA Forums and then you'll see why reporting that post is laughable and retarded

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

what did you post originally i'm dying to know

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Kraus posted:

Corporations aren't people and can't be victimized. Victimization involves an emotional component, which means it has to be experienced by a sentient being, and a corporation is just a legal fiction, not a sentient being.

I take it you're not a US citizen?

bhsman posted:

Re: How everyone views the forum - I just save my SA bookmark to the User Control Panel; it lists all of your bookmarked threads in one spot while also telling you when you have PMs.

Same but the Awful app only has the option to start from the home page so I've known about Han's death for weeks now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can't believe Kozilek kills Han Solo in the Magic movie

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
HAN SHOuld have puT diamond mana in the FIRST set

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

can we just please keep our nerd anger directed at collectible card games and not other forms of nerd media tia

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
a man using a name like trick professionally in tyool 2015 told us that its a dick move to leak poo poo like this

he might as well have just written a five thousand word essay that is just the sentence 'I am so far up my own rear end that im playing james deen in 'bad choices: the farrah abraham story''

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Dungeon Ecology posted:

can we just please keep our nerd anger directed at collectible card games and not other forms of nerd media tia

One time I was playing the star wars CCG and you guessed it, Han dies in the new Star Wars movie.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I can't believe no one quoted the best line from Trick (!)'s article

Trick! posted:

Will my words here leave a mark on the community? Perhaps, but I can't say for sure.

Will they, Trick?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Kozilek shot first.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JerryLee posted:

To build on this a bit:

If leaks get players excited and lead to overall good sales of the product, the brand should be happy enough. Yes, they might get the wind taken out of their sails, but if at the end of the day all they care about is dolla dolla bills, it shouldn't matter if each $100 worth of nerd excitement was generated by a leak or by an official preview article. Maro might have his principles offended, but ultimately I don't think they deploy the corporate lawyers in order to massage Maro's ego.

The conditions under which the marketing team really gets to :qq: about the leak is if it diminishes excitement about the set. It's easy enough to understand why they'd be disgruntled in that situation. That said, Wizards have only themselves to blame if they make a set such that learning about it causes people to not want to buy it. In fact, if you think about it, this should be sending up major warning flags, as it's tantamount to an admission that if we had information about their product, we wouldn't want to buy it as much.

You're ignoring the fact that this is the internet where everyone races to poo poo on everything more than the last dude. The leaks could've been $50 bills and free bjs and you'd get people bitching about $100 bills being way more powerful and free bjs being a WotC gimmick to try to get people to wash or something.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Cactrot posted:

Yeah man I really hate when I open a really valuable card that I have no problem trading for a bunch of stuff I want. Like wtf WotC, give me my loving basic land!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lancelot posted:

I can't believe no one quoted the best line from Trick (!)'s article

Will they, Trick?

the words of the magic man I do not care about left an indelible impression on my soul

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

JerryLee posted:

What's the "like with this" here? OGW hasn't been spoiled to nearly that extent, or has it?

Eh sorta. All the expeditions plus all but one of the mythics. It's enough to turn the rest of the set in to a wet fart for me at least.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Eh sorta. All the expeditions plus all but one of the mythics. It's enough to turn the rest of the set in to a wet fart for me at least.

Same. Kalitas and the Octopus bounce spell are the most interesting cards spoiled so far to me and while there is room for a few rares / uncommons to be interesting the majority of the cards are going to be standard roleplayers that fit into the existing format / won't be exciting until rotation, and limited filler cards that are never exciting (but can be fun to play). The spoiler season got seriously jacked by this leak.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

But the commons are the best part of the set cause those are the cards that will actually define the draft format

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

i want you to click on the link that says SA Forums and then you'll see why reporting that post is laughable and retarded

not everyone accesses the forms the same way you do?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

alansmithee posted:

Yeah man I really hate when I open a really valuable card that I have no problem trading for a bunch of stuff I want. Like wtf WotC, give me my loving basic land!

Yep, that's exactly it, I want basics instead, ya got me.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I like turning magic cards sideways

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

not everyone accesses the forms the same way you do?

that's cool, you're the one who looks like an idiot for not paying attention to the fact that admins clearly don't care about spoilers

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

that's cool, you're the one who looks like an idiot for not paying attention to the fact that admins clearly don't care about spoilers

i just said it was a dick thing to do.

who cares if it's the headline of fyad. as referenced not everyone access the forums by going to the front page and clicking through each subforum to get where they want to go

if you have to be told that's kind of a weak move to go into a thread that's not related and drop spoilers then you're already too retarded to understand the initial point.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Whoever said the thread is now worse to read than MTG Salvation, you were right.

:ughh:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Serperoth posted:

No joke, I was very close to just dropping $700 and buying into Vintage/Legacy on MTGO. I started grabbing duals, forces and JTMS by liquidating a bunch of my old pauper junk...and then they killed Legacy and Vintage events. So that was nice of them.

I cannot bring myself to put money into MTGO to get into a new format now because I'm less than 10% confident that I'll actually be able to play with the cards I buy. They're handling MTGO as badly as they possibly can.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i just said it was a dick thing to do.

who cares if it's the headline of fyad. as referenced not everyone access the forums by going to the front page and clicking through each subforum to get where they want to go

if you have to be told that's kind of a weak move to go into a thread that's not related and drop spoilers then you're already too retarded to understand the initial point.

no i understand your initial point, i just think you're on the wrong website to be making it

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Hellsau posted:

No joke, I was very close to just dropping $700 and buying into Vintage/Legacy on MTGO. I started grabbing duals, forces and JTMS by liquidating a bunch of my old pauper junk...and then they killed Legacy and Vintage events. So that was nice of them.

I cannot bring myself to put money into MTGO to get into a new format now because I'm less than 10% confident that I'll actually be able to play with the cards I buy. They're handling MTGO as badly as they possibly can.

I can only think they see it as cannibalizing their physical sales or something because nothing else seems logical in how they deal with MTGO. It's been a junk program since I first started playing it 10+ years ago. I understand there's a lot of difficult stuff going on under the surface, but you'd think they'd recognize it's a cash cow and try to grow it. Since I got started playing again I've had to force myself to stay away because it seems there's new problems with it constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

alansmithee posted:

You're ignoring the fact that this is the internet where everyone races to poo poo on everything more than the last dude. The leaks could've been $50 bills and free bjs and you'd get people bitching about $100 bills being way more powerful and free bjs being a WotC gimmick to try to get people to wash or something.

This post would be correct if WOTC didn't just serve up a real stinker of a set due to a change in their development methods.

• Locked thread