Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I've got Walker (vs NE) and Reed (vs Buffalo) for potential TE's. They're projected less than a point within one another. Walker has been good to me this season, and it seems that he consistently beats projections, but NE defense is beastly (4th least points to TEs versus Buffalo's 10th least). Should I go ahead and play Reed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

cool kids inc. posted:

I've got Walker (vs NE) and Reed (vs Buffalo) for potential TE's. They're projected less than a point within one another. Walker has been good to me this season, and it seems that he consistently beats projections, but NE defense is beastly (4th least points to TEs versus Buffalo's 10th least). Should I go ahead and play Reed?

Play Reed. Walker is TEN's best weapon, and NE's MO is to take away their opponent's biggest strength. See DeAndre Hopkins last week for reference.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please don't sit OBJ, come on now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ZIGfried posted:

If you're waiting that long, see if Eifert is playing and if he is, drop Heath. Just make sure you have plenty of options between Sunday night and Monday Night for kickers. If I saw my opponent was trying to pull something like this and he only had one or two kicker options I would think hard about snagging them.

Yeah this is probably what I'll do. I'm not too worried about him grabbing kickers since the benches are so short and no one goes on waivers.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Welp https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/677203456428503040
https://twitter.com/PanthersBryan/status/677202649268117504?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 16, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

RCarr posted:

Fair enough, you guys are probably absolutely right. Thanks for the perspective. Norman just scares me is all, and I don't want to blow it this close to the end against an opponent who's much better than his record suggests.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

I can't believe I'm now deciding between FJax, Bryce Brown, Fozzy, and Turbin for my RB2.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have to decide between Charles Sims, Alfred Morris, and Tim Hightower. .5 ppr espn standard with return yards.

Sims has been reliable for around 4 to 10 points, but is playing on thursday. Morris has been unreliable but finally got a touchdown so maybe he's on an uptick? And Hightower went big last week but you know, he's an unknown quantity really, and also he's a Saint.

I'm leaning Hightower. It's the semifinals and I need this win and due to Dalton dying I'm forced to start Matt Ryan (backup is Blaine Gabbert, argh).

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Alshon Jeffery, I have put up with your poo poo this whole season. Amazingly I managed to still be in first place after all the times you graced the top of my bench.

If you can't just suck up your 294 minor injuries and play this drat game and next week I am never drafting you again.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Ahahahaha, the #2 seed in my league just picked up DuJuan Harris.

Not saying anything.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Looool CMike back with Seahawks, all aboard!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

dphi posted:

:lol: I loving called it

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

dphi posted:

Sounds like my championship's in the bag!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm loving cracking up over here

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My dynasty team has too many TE's.

.5 ppr

Julius vs Atl
Kelce @Bal
ASJ @Stl
Zach Miller @Min

Which one is the best play?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MacheteZombie posted:

My dynasty team has too many TE's.

.5 ppr

Julius vs Atl
Kelce @Bal
ASJ @Stl
Zach Miller @Min

Which one is the best play?

I like MIller

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Picked up both Whitaker and Tolbert for this week, so I'm good to go with whoever starts against the Giants.

This is for a Flex position I'm taking away from Emmanuel Sanders, because I'm going with loving Tim Hightower and Matt Jones in RB slots. :getin:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BonoMan posted:

I like MIller

Thanks, I'm pretty torn at this point on Julius or Miller. Julius has had a great stretch the last few weeks combined with Arob and Hurns drawing coverages, Miller probably has the volume advantage though.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Vargo posted:

Picked up both Whitaker and Tolbert for this week, so I'm good to go with whoever starts against the Giants.

Unless it's Artis-Payne that steals all the carries? I'm leaning towards avoiding the situation altogether.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I've been riding Phil Rivers all year but he's starting to trail off. I picked up Alex Smith. Who do you think would score me more points? Phil vs Mia or Alex vs Baltimore. Also does anyone have any inside info on Edelman coming back?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

dphi posted:

he's gonna eventually hold some kinda record for most teams as a backup without playing a snap.

also lol at everyone else in one league who let me, the #1 seed, get both Denard & Bryce off waivers last night

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I have to wonder if the Redskins were actively trying to trojan horse the Seahawks. They had to know he'd be immediately signed by them with the timing of their release. loving lol.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

dphi posted:

Amazing.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Well I just stashed CMike and Bryce Brown (my opponent sniped both Bolden and Robinson from me last night since he knew I didn't have the FAAB money). I dropped Yeldon and Funchess. Any idea if either of them will be worthwhile starters or is it still too soon to tell?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Hazo posted:

Well I just stashed CMike and Bryce Brown (my opponent sniped both Bolden and Robinson from me last night since he knew I didn't have the FAAB money). I dropped Yeldon and Funchess. Any idea if either of them will be worthwhile starters or is it still too soon to tell?

Too soon for any of the RBs outside of Robinson. I picked up both Panthers and cmike to stop others from using them against me though :v:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sweeper posted:

Too soon for any of the RBs outside of Robinson. I picked up both Panthers and cmike to stop others from using them against me though :v:

I did the same :getin:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My friend's brother's old frat buddy's gardener told him that Bryce Brown is telling friends that he is extremely upset with the signing of Christine Michael. Sources say Michael is in line to start and be the every down back for Seattle. Michael is a SPARX athlete with the testicular fortitude that lead to his loving parents naming him "Christine".

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
A Boy Named Christine

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Trying to decide between Tim Hightower or Denard Robinson for my flex this week.
This season is weird.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Denard Robinson was relevant this time last year too so maybe less weird than you think?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dphi posted:

BRB, I'm dropping Gurley to make room. This guy has potential dripping everywhere.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

BonoMan posted:

I did the same :getin:

I think most of my bench is now dedicated to rostering players I don't want to play against

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
My only regret is that I don't have more late-season waiver dudes to use as potential RB2s

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I really hope that CMike gets either ignored on the wire and/or stashed without sniffing anyone's lineup and then puts up like 150 yards and 3 scores during championship week.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
0 PPR, does this look good? Is there any major swap I should make? Maybe Kearse for Aiken?

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

Vargo posted:

0 PPR, does this look good? Is there any major swap I should make? Maybe Kearse for Aiken?

I like Sanders over Jones but I'm not thrilled about either.

EDIT: Matt, not Julio.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Piggles posted:

I like Sanders over Jones but I'm not thrilled about either.

EDIT: Matt, not Julio.

And then put Whitaker in the RB slot, and flex Sanders? Is that what you're suggesting?

Sanders has just been bad the past few weeks, I feel like he's not clicking with Ostweiler at all.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Vargo posted:

Ahahahaha, the #2 seed in my league just picked up DuJuan Harris.

Not saying anything.

dude this same poo poo happened with the #4 seed in my league

edit: and my opponent started Stevie Johnson against me last week. Should we double the pot next year or something? Yeesh

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The dude I'm playing this week started Rawls and Blount last week.

This morning he had in Fred Jackson and Shaun Draughn, but now he's shifted to Isaiah Crowell and Bilal Powell.

I started the season with Jamaal Charles and J-Stew (and Dion Lewis) and am now starting Tim Hightower and Bryce Brown.

The winner of this matchup will be playinh for $280.

Fantasy football.

• Locked thread