Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

chuggo is BACK posted:

god those things are poo poo

They are. Someone make a comics thread or something if you want to post that crap.

This is good though, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

chuggo is BACK posted:

god those things are poo poo

source your quotes?

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Miccolli has retired.

What a legend.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

beedeebee posted:

Hazard looks hilarious though

AV material right here.

Woodenlung posted:

Miccolli has retired.

What a legend.

From Serie C right? Or did he somehow make it back to A or B with whatever team picked up his mafioso rear end?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Soulex posted:

AV material right here.

From Serie C right? Or did he somehow make it back to A or B with whatever team picked up his mafioso rear end?

That's a Serie A match against Chievo. He then went to the Lega Pro with Lecce, and then to a Maltese team which is the one he retired at.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

That's a Serie A match against Chievo. He then went to the Lega Pro with Lecce, and then to a Maltese team which is the one he retired at.

He was good, I liked him, but goddamn he needed to keep his poo poo together.

I'm also literally shocked he didn't go to Napoli, because he would have been right at home.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Not sure what thread this goes in but lets bash Abby Wambach for this quote

"I think that our society is pushing toward a place where we really start to look to each other as people and not put each other in these boxes. This equality thing is in all. I feel the men get paid way more than the women in soccer, yeah, I understand logically the argument about the ratings and that is more global. But that doesn't mean that it makes it right. Equality isn't something that actually costs anything. I know we are talking about gender pay gap differences. But to treat someone fairly doesn't cost a single cent. It wouldn't cost anything it would be just a decision. When you are in it you don't want to fight too much against it because you want to be thankful for what you are getting."

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cant believe this dumb female is addressing inequality!!!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

oliwan posted:

i cant believe this dumb female is addressing inequality!!!
She makes a very good point, and I agree completely. It makes no sense for us to segregate soccer into male and female halves where the men make way more. We should have a single shared sport for both men and women, with the top athletes paid the most regardless of sex.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

African AIDS cum posted:

She makes a very good point, and I agree completely. It makes no sense for us to segregate soccer into male and female halves where the men make way more. We should have a single shared sport for both men and women, with the top athletes paid the most regardless of sex.

yes, this would unironically be better

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

oliwan posted:

yes, this would unironically be better

This is what we have now in fact

Maybe I shoulda posted that in weekend web or mods could add quotes to the title well I'll leave it up to the moderators i just think its an interesting soccer thing to discuss since shes retired just today or something and shes going around doing media bullshit saying this crap

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Women's football isn't a billion dollar industry though

Even if the leagues wanted to post the same it isn't feasible

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
How much does the best paid women's footballer get anyway? Is it still Samir Nasri?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Chicharito is probably gonna get a new contract soon.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Not sure what thread this goes in but lets bash Abby Wambach for this quote

"I think that our society is pushing toward a place where we really start to look to each other as people and not put each other in these boxes. This equality thing is in all. I feel the men get paid way more than the women in soccer, yeah, I understand logically the argument about the ratings and that is more global. But that doesn't mean that it makes it right. Equality isn't something that actually costs anything. I know we are talking about gender pay gap differences. But to treat someone fairly doesn't cost a single cent. It wouldn't cost anything it would be just a decision. When you are in it you don't want to fight too much against it because you want to be thankful for what you are getting."

I think you could make a counter-argument that if both genders were equally talented, they would draw similar attendances, attention, and fan bases.

I'd like to see a men's World Cup winners vs. women's World Cup winners match.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

Maybe she should have played tennis.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I'm just pulling this out of my rear end, but it seems like individual sports are more equal in the amount that people care, and possibly pay?, than team sports are when you compare men and women.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://crapstrikersappeal.org/

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lmao

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

savage as gently caress lol i love it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

brutal

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Why did they photoshop all the sponsors off but not the puma, nike logos etc

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

No Jerome. Vindicated.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yes!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big Andy's got a game against Swansea coming up. He'll have a merry christmas.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
There's a fair chance someone posted this but I don't care

And just a reminder that this thread is still going strong after two years, and remains the best thing on the internet

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/27-football/852607-mascots-observing-minutes-silences

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Syncopated posted:

I'm just pulling this out of my rear end, but it seems like individual sports are more equal in the amount that people care, and possibly pay?, than team sports are when you compare men and women.

I think the amount of care/pay seems to be relatively constant in women's sports while it varies wildly in men's sports. Like for example in field hockey or handball the pay gap probably isn't that big but that's just because nobody cares about the men's side either.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Can this be a photoshop thread please? What job will Mourniho get next?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Soulex posted:

Can this be a photoshop thread please? What job will Mourniho get next?

He'll go to PSG and win a mess of trophies.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

He'll go to PSG and win a mess of trophies.

Well, obviously. But that's not as fun.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Actually he has a lot of money so he wouldn't need to get a fast food job.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

jyrka posted:

Lol

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

:nms: Sweet Jeebus, that's awful. :nms:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

sign him up, wengy

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

jyrka posted:

is this true, can someone confirm

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I like how Alves seems angry that the dude let his leg fall apart

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Vegetable posted:

Mascots are weird as gently caress, it's just some hairy, sweaty guy in a costume they can barely see out of.

I have it on good authority that Gunnersaurus identifies as female

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

I have it on good authority that Gunnersaurus identifies as female

They said that in Jurassic Park and look what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Wrong thread, but I want you all to suffer with me:

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldChat/status/678147959628910592