Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

I am having a hard time with this one. Is he actually defending Obama? I can't come with a single way to read this comic that's meant to be a burn against Obama. Anyone else? How is the guy calling heart-ripping-out a pussy move not the stupid one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

CONQUER THEIR OIL AND FIND OUT IF SAND GLOWS IN THE DARK! -A nearly verbatim quote from last night

Seriously, these people are loving insane.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I wish Muir would cite the source for literally treason.

Post 9-11 User posted:

CONQUER THEIR OIL AND FIND OUT IF SAND GLOWS IN THE DARK! -A nearly verbatim quote from last night

What was that quote from?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

CampingCarl posted:

I wish Muir would cite the source for literally treason.

Without having any idea what he's on about, I'd bet money that the person in question pledged support for muslim groups like, say, any given mosque, or the CAIR, that are currently being targeted by domestic white terrorists.

IN OTHER WORDS THE DHS IS JOINING THE JIHAD IT'S TREASON I TELLS YA :derp:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Maybe he just said "no, DHS will not round up all Muslims into internment camps" or something. Remember, the DHS is Muir's shorthand for "bad Obama stormtrooper fascist brownshirt thug squad" so it wouldn't take much

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

CampingCarl posted:

I don't know what was said during the debate, but this is what Cruz said a week or so ago.

Ted Cruz posted:

We will utterly destroy ISIS. We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out. And we are going to make abundantly clear to any militant on the face of the planet, if you wage jihad against the United States of America and try to murder innocent Americans, you are signing your death warrant.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Ted Cruz posted:

We will utterly destroy ISIS. We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out. And we are going to make abundantly clear to any militant on the face of the planet, if you wage jihad against the United States of America and try to murder innocent Americans, we will kill you, your family, and countless others who have nothing to do with this. We are monsters and ought to be stopped, and it's your moral duty to strike at us no matter how feeble your attempts may be. We will kill you. We will kill everyone.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Suggesting outlandish stupid ideas is how Ted Cruz can steal some voters from Donald Trump.

Actually, glowing sand could be kinda cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kyP0XsF0zM

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol if you think carpet bombing is a real strategy in 2015

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

alnilam posted:

Oh, don't worry, he explained in the debate that it's a precision carpet bombing that only hits ISIS and not any cities.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

GOP 2016: Pew pew pew!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

Oh, don't worry, he explained in the debate that it's a precision carpet bombing that only hits ISIS and not any cities.

Ah i see, almost like the bombs are... focused on a target of interest? Maybe "guided" is the right word?

If only Obama had thought of executing a focused air campaign of bombing specific ISIS targets :sigh:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lord Hydronium posted:

Well there's only one kind of bomb that would make stuff glow and it's not a precision munition.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

zoux posted:

Well there's only one kind of bomb that would make stuff glow and it's not a precision munition.

He was referring to using infrared, and just looking at the heat signature of the heated sand.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

If you hot sand enough, you can get glowing sand, also glass.

All kids playing minecraft know this.

It don't need to be a atomic bomb.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Tei posted:

It don't need to be a atomic bomb.

But that's not dramatic and sexy. Obama won't use sexy bomb. Why Obama not nuking muslim hordes?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's talking about nukes you pedants.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

zoux posted:

They can't be angry with us or violent against us if they fear us. That's OUR thing.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
But with moderate-GOP-approved plausible deniability. "I was just saying our bombing campaign should be more aggressive in key areas" when the absolute moronic nature of what he clearly was saying is ever discussed.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Is he? He hasn't said so explicitly because he is a coward. Wolf Blitzer tried to push him on it last night.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't care how many of their civilians we have to bomb to deter them from bombing our civilians. The only thing we can do is escalate until they back down.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm wondering if Cruz has already informed the Pentagon of his "target the bad guys" strategy. Seems like a real winner, surprised nobody has tried it before.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

alnilam posted:

It's codeword for airdropping carpetbaggers.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

From Wikipedia:

quote:

After leaving the military, Trudell had become involved in Indian activism. In 1969, he became the spokesperson for the United Indians of All Tribes' occupation of Alcatraz Island. This was a mostly student-member group that had developed in San Francisco. Trudell went to Alcatraz a week after the occupation started. He used his background in broadcasting and ran a radio station from the island through a cooperative arrangement with students at the University of California, Berkeley, broadcasting at night over the Berkeley FM station. The show was called Radio Free Alcatraz. He discussed the cause of the occupation and American Indian issues, and played traditional Native American music. He criticized how "the system today is only geared toward white needs."[citation needed]

quote:

His music draws from a blend of styles, including rock, blues and native beats, pop and political protest songs. He also draws from his own poetry. His music can be both insightful and funny.[citation needed]

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Cpt.Americant posted:

I am having a hard time with this one. Is he actually defending Obama? I can't come with a single way to read this comic that's meant to be a burn against Obama. Anyone else? How is the guy calling heart-ripping-out a pussy move not the stupid one?

The only thing I can make out of this is it's desperation akin to trying to win an argument by laughing at your opponent's valid points and hoping your audience is stupid enough to assume you know something they don't and join in.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Internet Webguy posted:

I'm wondering if Cruz has already informed the Pentagon of his "target the bad guys" strategy. Seems like a real winner, surprised nobody has tried it before.

In fairness, the US Air Force in Afghanistan ought to be reminded that they're supposed to only target the bad guys.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

zoux posted:

Well, it's precise on the city scale.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I love this guy, he always seems so cheerful.

If Trump wins, maybe he can be our Thatcher and usher in an era of great nihilist outsider irony-comics.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cpt.Americant posted:

Obama didn't even suggest tearing the heart out and eating it like a real man. How can we trust someone whose metaphors aren't bloodthirsty enough to suit our disturbing fantasies?!

Internet Webguy posted:

Clearly the only reason that bombs and bullets haven't solved the problem is because we just haven't been using them precisely enough. Cruz shows his tactical genius by pointing this out.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Doc Hawkins posted:

If Trump wins, maybe he can be our Thatcher and usher in an era of great nihilist outsider irony-comics.

He already has a Thatcher-effect where parody/satire only seems to help his image.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

CampingCarl posted:

Pardon me, but last night's "debate" was a fever dream of horrifying invectives. A quick search indicates that it was Ted Cruz that says such (I needed to confirm before posting).

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/dec/16/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-misfires-definition-carpet-bombing-gop-de/

Fiorina and Christie were also horrible, check my responses as I watched, aghast, in the GOP debate thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755964&userid=163370

Spoiler alert: Benghazi, pants, and "I WAS A FEDERAL PROSECUTOR!" was involved. I feel bad for Kasich and his nearly-sensible ideas.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Post 9-11 User posted:

"the power... the devastation is very important to me" - trump talking about nuclear weapons

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Still more afraid of drunk drivers than Terrorism. These cartoons are failing to make me feel unsafe.

Every day my wife walks to the local transit station and every day I'm worried about drunk drivers, tired drivers, distracted drivers or just plain bad drivers running her over when she's crossing the street. Pretty much every week she has somebody have to slam on their brakes because when they were turning right on a red they didn't bother to check the crosswalk for pedestrians.

You know what I never worry about? ISIS attacking her place of work. The people of this country have terrible risk analysis.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

stillvisions posted:

The only thing I can make out of this is it's desperation akin to trying to win an argument by laughing at your opponent's valid points and hoping your audience is stupid enough to assume you know something they don't and join in.

Because it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9y5-Vo61w

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Stevoblunt posted:

Every day my wife walks to the local transit station and every day I'm worried about drunk drivers, tired drivers, distracted drivers or just plain bad drivers running her over when she's crossing the street. Pretty much every week she has somebody have to slam on their brakes because when they were turning right on a red they didn't bother to check the crosswalk for pedestrians.

You know what I never worry about? ISIS attacking her place of work. The people of this country have terrible risk analysis.
To be fair humans in general are terrible at risk analysis.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Post 9-11 User posted:

Pardon me, but last night's "debate" was a fever dream of horrifying invectives. A quick search indicates that it was Ted Cruz that says such (I needed to confirm before posting).

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/dec/16/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-misfires-definition-carpet-bombing-gop-de/

Fiorina and Christie were also horrible, check my responses as I watched, aghast, in the GOP debate thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755964&userid=163370

Spoiler alert: Benghazi, pants, and "I WAS A FEDERAL PROSECUTOR!" was involved. I feel bad for Kasich and his nearly-sensible ideas.

Kasish is discovering that being king of the blind kinda sucks

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
whoa whoa whoa hold the phone, nickelodeon was a place?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

This is incredible, one of the best Bad Reporters in a while. Bad Reporter got poo poo on pretty hard when it first started getting posted in here. It's been pretty remarkable watching it blossom into a perennial thread favorite.

mandatory lesbian posted:

You get one guess as to how much the entrance fee costed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

mandatory lesbian posted:

:eng101: A nickelodeon was a small movie theater where admission was usually a nickel.

• Locked thread