Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Comparing Trump to a tornado, the New Yorker has this to say about the joyful tortoise:

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

My interpretation of what Carson was trying to say was less "We should indiscriminately massacre children in Syria" and more "ISIS needs to be decisively destroyed and doing that will be a messy and painful job." and he isn't really a good enough public speaker to get the analogy he tried to use across in a way that doesn't lend itself to ignorant mocking. Maybe it would have worked better if he'd likened the current approach to dealing with ISIS to peeling a bandage off of a particularly hairy arm, and while yanking the bandage off really hard will cause a lot of pain and peel some innocent hairs along with it, it's a better approach than cautiously picking at it a millimeter at a time.

Yes we should bomb with abandon regardless of civilian casualties. gently caress you.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

¡Jeb! news addendum:

Fantastic work... Just... amazing stuff.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

and this is why some dumbasses on the left will vote for trump, because of the tumblr retards like this.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

My interpretation of what Carson was trying to say was less "We should indiscriminately massacre children in Syria" and more "ISIS needs to be decisively destroyed and doing that will be a messy and painful job." and he isn't really a good enough public speaker to get the analogy he tried to use across in a way that doesn't lend itself to ignorant mocking. Maybe it would have worked better if he'd likened the current approach to dealing with ISIS to peeling a bandage off of a particularly hairy arm, and while yanking the bandage off really hard will cause a lot of pain and peel some innocent hairs along with it, it's a better approach than cautiously picking at it a millimeter at a time.

thats the vibe i got too.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Phlegmish posted:

Once the first guy on the far left started doing it the others basically had no choice.
If you replace left with right, does this explain why all the Republican candidates want to start WWIII now?

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Peachstapler posted:

Ben Carson believes sometimes kids have to die. By the thousands. Only then will their parents and extended families be deterred from spending every single day of rest of their lives preparing to revenge their childrens' deaths via suicide bombings.

I read an article years ago about I think it may have been about Saddam Hussein, not sure, where his chauffeur had a fender-bender with a bus driver, and the strongman's boys went over and killed the bus driver for having the gall to not yield in traffic to him, and then killed his preadolescent son for good measure, and the article went on to explain that it was conventional middle-eastern strongman wisdom that you have to kill their sons too or they would grow up to avenge their father.

Not saying this is true or false, just that he thinks it best that we emulate those tactics. Also, sons who have watched their fathers be humiliated during their childhoods seek to avenge them as adults, as one of the biggest reasons some young men choose to be terrorists. So it's the brutal conventional wisdom of Saddam Hussein or countless other dictators that he and his pals are seeking to emulate.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
If you click here, you can watch a video of Rand Paul speaking intercut with college girls screaming. He is referring to this as an 'epidemic' called

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

SnakePlissken posted:

I read an article years ago about I think it may have been about Saddam Hussein, not sure, where his chauffeur had a fender-bender with a bus driver, and the strongman's boys went over and killed the bus driver for having the gall to not yield in traffic to him, and then killed his preadolescent son for good measure, and the article went on to explain that it was conventional middle-eastern strongman wisdom that you have to kill their sons too or they would grow up to avenge their father.

Not saying this is true or false, just that he thinks it best that we emulate those tactics. Also, sons who have watched their fathers be humiliated during their childhoods seek to avenge them as adults, as one of the biggest reasons some young men choose to be terrorists. So it's the brutal conventional wisdom of Saddam Hussein or countless other dictators that he and his pals are seeking to emulate.

So what you're saying is George P Bush better watch his back?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "The good thing about an executive order — I walk in sign, I don’t have to go through Congress" ~ Donald Trump

He is absolutely going to make executive decisions the same way he chooses carpet patterns

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Bryter posted:

So what you're saying is George P Bush better watch his back?

Rather that he will run for president. Which was likely anyway, but since I Toxxed for Jeb getting the nom, I don't feel so great about my power of prediction any more. It's gonna be hamburger time for ol' Snake pretty soon here.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zas posted:

He is absolutely going to make executive decisions the same way he chooses carpet patterns

gay marriage is legal illegal legal mandatory illegal today

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Cool cancan line.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 22, 2016

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He's been a professional public speaker for over a decade. He doesn't deserve a pass for not knowing how to communicate. And if you've followed his speaking career, you know he's prone to bizarre, unusually-phrased and unforced episodes of homicidal ideation.

There's a reason he bitches about political correctness non-stop - he's sick of getting criticized every time his legit, serious undiagnosed mental illness boils over and makes him say something really hosed up.
There's a reason a now-banned unmedicated schizophrenic poster flocked to Ben Carson like a fly to poo poo.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Zas posted:

So he'll tell a subordinate to do it, tell them it should be "rich, elegant, really rich" and then screaming if he doesn't like the result?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Probably right but I don't think being ignorant is a prerequisite for making fun of the book salesman who only started reading about the middle east when his fake presidential campaign became a little too successful.

I know exactly what he meant and I think he deserves a lot of scorn and ridicule for thinking a few weeks of homework (which his teacher said he's failing on) means he has any ground to lecture America on the good parts of human collateral damage.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Blaze with the story that the ¡Jeb! debate-watch party had WAY MORE than five people at it. Have a look for yourself--there's at least ten people there, not five!

Good to know the Brooks Brothers Rioters are still on call

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Also, Joementum wasn't the only person to notice that every republican's plan for ISIS is exactly what the Obama administration is already doing.

http://www.vox.com/2015/12/16/10296842/republican-debate-isis

I'm assuming we'll get a flood of similar articles this week, and that likely republican voters will not care in the slightest. My assumptions have a 15 to 95% chance of being correct on the Nate Silver scale, with a margin for error of 26%.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

Marco Stumps Trumpman

"State goes easy on son's killer" refers to the fact that Trump is still leading in Florida.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

How have we gotten to a point where this is considered a bad quality in a leader of representative government? What is happening?

The term "intellectual" is probably equated with "liberal elite" in the minds of a lot of the base who resent that there could be people thought of as smarter than them. Who needs anything besides good old-fashioned common sense?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Do It Once Right posted:

Also, Joementum wasn't the only person to notice that every republican's plan for ISIS is exactly what the Obama administration is already doing.

I'm assuming we'll get a flood of similar articles this week, and that likely republican voters will not care in the slightest. My assumptions have a 15 to 95% chance of being correct on the Nate Silver scale, with a margin for error of 26%.

I'm glad that the US is back to the whole just airstrikes and special forces stage of military escalation.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

if there's a serious attempt to push christie then lol

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Yes we should bomb with abandon regardless of civilian casualties. gently caress you.

If it wasn't for TopBunkWanker I wouldn't know what republicans had meant to say. I'm glad they're here.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Peel posted:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Peel posted:

This and iCarly's bumps are pretty obviously artificial and meant as a door opener in case either has what it takes to kill Trump.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
ABC reporter Jordyn Phelps on twitter says Fiorina confirmed she did not misspeak when she said the general (Keane) who retired in 2003 was forced into it for not agreeing with Obama.

:confused:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Pretty clear she doesn't understand what the term Commander in Chief actually means.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Do It Once Right posted:

It's not the same at all. It doesn't include the part where we yell really loudly about how evil ISIS (and Islam generally) are, and that's really the important part. Unless you do the yelling properly, the magic spell doesn't work.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Intel&Sebastian posted:

ABC reporter Jordyn Phelps on twitter says Fiorina confirmed she did not misspeak when she said the general (Keane) who retired in 2003 was forced into it for not agreeing with Obama.

:confused:

I think you'll find that Fiorina is backed up by video evidence of a fully formed General Keane on the table, his heart beating, his legs kicking, while Obama says ‘We have to retire him to harvest his brain'.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Palin plays word association
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBE...7PsxuvrGQnBOUPQ

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Darkman Fanpage posted:

You're very retarded.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

Marco Stumps Trumpman

Where else have I seen a photo of two hands spreading something open, a wedding ring, and a really happy looking fellow?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Montasque posted:

Fantastic work... Just... amazing stuff.

I wonder if the Jeb! campaign has a Do Not Resuscitate clause?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Hasn't her entire public speaking career been barely lucid word association?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

smoke pot and maybe have sex with

(my association)

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

"I did uh-- really well um-- I performed exceptionally well at the debate in the night before yesterday. I really took that Mr. Trump, who I respect greatly to be our next president, to task. Right? Macbook PRO, baby!"

*puts on hoodie*

*smiles upside down*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This is just sad.

• Locked thread