Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wuxi posted:

Alright, new stuff in 2.4.0:
Training has a chance to give extra xp, but gently caress me if I know how that exactly works.

I assume it's just like Puzzle and Dragon, when you are feeding stuff during training and it does that little animation, it'll have a chance to say Super! or Great! or whatever, and you just get a 1.25-2.0 multiplier on Exp gained from that 'training'.

E: Does Gohan(Kid) have a chance to up the super attack of Gohan(Adolescent)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

E: Does Gohan(Kid) have a chance to up the super attack of Gohan(Adolescent)?

No. Only other Gohan (Kid). The farmable STR Gohan from the event right now can up the SA of the SR AGL one though.

Squallege posted:

Oh yeah time for justice!

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm jealous as gently caress.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Got my Saiyaman #2 awakened and leveled. Hopefully I can get enough Bulmas for #1 too.

It seems like the update has broken summoning. Have to pull down, hit the home button, reopen app, then the animation will finish.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Of course, they would add a chance for Super attack up after I got rid of most of the max level SR* (including 2 Videls) I had. At least I kept Resurrection F Gohan and upped the new Gohan SA.

Also thanks for the update about the dragon balls being refreshed, as I did not see that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sweet! I'm 2/2 for Gohans from Piccolo Buu and they're already awakened. Meaning each is a 30 percent shot at a super level for SR AGL Gohan. :getin:

Speaking of which, what medal does Saiyaman need to get to UR? #2 needs Old Kai.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 16, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The R Chichis can already be dokkan awakened but I don't think we can get the required medals at the moment.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

Alright, new account is thing.
If any of you high-level types don't mind a low-level SSJ3 Goku on your friend list, 25222399295 is my ID.

Sent you a friend request. It's the Xeno Trunks

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Which one is Piccolo Buu? Is he wearing the cape or something obvious? So far, I've only gotten matched up against regular Super Buu.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

the_steve posted:

Which one is Piccolo Buu? Is he wearing the cape or something obvious? So far, I've only gotten matched up against regular Super Buu.

Yeah, he's got the cape and is E. INT. He's a total shitkicker if you came prepared for Super Buu.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, he's got the cape and is E. INT. He's a total shitkicker if you came prepared for Super Buu.

I burned 2x Senzu, 2x Ghosts that delay, and 2x orange health drinks on that fucker because I was prepared incorrectly. :(

Now I'm much better situated to fight him though. He did at least drop Gohan. Of note, he drops a fully awakened Gohan (Adolescent), so all those training items I dumped into my Gohan are kind of waste. Ah well. Super Attack Lv. 7, without getting the last free one I get from missions still.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

You're not kidding. I think the only thing that saved me was my friend's E.Int Golden Frieza eating all of the Light Grenades.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

Yep. Build your team INT and PHY for this leg.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Great. Sounds like I'm really doomed unless I spend dumb amounts of stones to clear Buu on Z-Hard for the medals. Not like that is anyones fault but my own.

Did anyone get any Buu medals as drops? I'm so sure I saw people with 4 different Saiyaman after the event first hit Japan (also giving 2 medals each, but only 1 Buu doesn't make any sense)

Squallege posted:

Sent you a friend request. It's the Xeno Trunks

No Xeno Trunks, so I'll guess you're the SRR* Satan? :shobon:
Thanks for all the invites though, really helps.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Great. Sounds like I'm really doomed unless I spend dumb amounts of stones to clear Buu on Z-Hard for the medals. Not like that is anyones fault but my own.

Did anyone get any Buu medals as drops? I'm so sure I saw people with 4 different Saiyaman after the event first hit Japan (also giving 2 medals each, but only 1 Buu doesn't make any sense)

No Xeno Trunks, so I'll guess you're the SRR* Satan? :shobon:
Thanks for all the invites though, really helps.

Yeah, I got a medal each from my first runs of Hard and Z-Hard. Also sent you a request. Probably running SSJ PHY Vegeta (praise be upon The True Prince) today.

Also snagged a new SSJ Adult Gohan. That makes 3 new INT SSRs I have to decide between. Who's better between Teen and Adult?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 16, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I really wish this last data download file would finish downloading and stop erroring out. :mad:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I got a medal each from my first runs of Hard and Z-Hard. Also sent you a request. Probably running SSJ PHY Vegeta (praise be upon The True Prince) today.

Also snagged a new SSJ Adult Gohan. That makes 3 new INT SSRs I have to decide between. Who's better between Teen and Adult?

Nice. So there's still a decent chance to get enough medals for me.

Teen vs Adult is pretty close actually. Not having Saiyan Warrior Race hurts, but Sibling is strong. If you use Kaioken Goku, use Adult for the Sibling link
Teen starts to run away once Mystic Gohan enters the game (+2 Ki leader and another Sibling link), but until then its closer than you might think at first glance.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I wanted to awaken my STR SR Videl as soon as I got the Gohan medal I need but I guess I'll try to boost her super attack with the regular STR N Videls first now.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Nice. So there's still a decent chance to get enough medals for me.

Teen vs Adult is pretty close actually. Not having Saiyan Warrior Race hurts, but Sibling is strong. If you use Kaioken Goku, use Adult for the Sibling link
Teen starts to run away once Mystic Gohan enters the game (+2 Ki leader and another Sibling link), but until then its closer than you might think at first glance.

Yeah, they're really similar. Also, it's not Sibling anymore! It's The Saiyan Lineage.

Also HOLY poo poo. The Ginyu Force has a new link! They got Signature Pose! That +2 Ki one that the Saiyaman cards get.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 16, 2015

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wuxi posted:

Alright, new account is thing.
If any of you high-level types don't mind a low-level SSJ3 Goku on your friend list, 25222399295 is my ID.

Added ( Johennes using Whis ) and you copied your friend code wrong. You have an extra 2 in there, it's: 2522399295

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Added ( Johennes using Whis ) and you copied your friend code wrong. You have an extra 2 in there, it's: 2522399295

Yeah, I'm dumb :downs:

Echophonic posted:

Also HOLY poo poo. The Ginyu Force has a new link! They got Signature Pose! That +2 Ki one that the Saiyaman cards get.

Sooo, Saiyaman-Ginyu Team? It helps with Ginyus not having a good leader. Not like it beats a Freeza or SSJ team, but it sounds fun.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Should we finally break down and do a Google spreadsheets for the friendcodes of who's still playing?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Webbeh posted:

Should we finally break down and do a Google spreadsheets for the friendcodes of who's still playing?

Might be a good idea. I just purged a ton of my friends list the other day of people who haven't logged in for a month+.

Webbeh, I thought you were one of those people?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Yeah, I'm dumb :downs:

Sooo, Saiyaman-Ginyu Team? It helps with Ginyus not having a good leader. Not like it beats a Freeza or SSJ team, but it sounds fun.

I'm definitely trying out Ginyu Force with Great Saiyaman #2. I think she'll fit a lot better than Bardock ever did. Not sure who the weak link in the Ginyu Force is to replace for Gohan. Burter and Jeice are really good together, Recoome is just a monster. I guess Ginyu is an obvious choice, since neither SR is that good. Guldo's a good pick if you're running TEQ #2, but I'm going STR.

Frieza-team got a bump, too. Most forms of Frieza (not EoI, sadly) got Strongest Clan in Space. Big Bad Bosses is also not garbage anymore, it's +25% attack at 50% or below, rather than 10%.

People should also check out the new Mysterious Adventure link that the various demons, Jackie Chun, and Kid Goku have. So many new Dragonball-era characters. SR TEQ Oolong :allears: and SR STR Grandpa Gohan :getin: GT Goku and Pan are in All in the Family, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 16, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Might be a good idea. I just purged a ton of my friends list the other day of people who haven't logged in for a month+.

Webbeh, I thought you were one of those people?

Nah brah, I'm at consecutive day 152 or so.

I'll take care of it this evening.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
This'll do. STR Great Saiyaman #2 is basically SSJ Bardock but way better. +1000 is almost always more useful a boost than +15%.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 16, 2015

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just finished my SSR Max Super Great Saiyaman (STR). Gotta level him beyond 60 still, but I at least finished it.

God drat Super Buu was STILL ruining my poo poo throughout. If I got Piccolo Absorbed Super Buu I was ok, and could soldier through, but regular Super Buu ruined my poo poo.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Just finished my SSR Max Super Great Saiyaman (STR). Gotta level him beyond 60 still, but I at least finished it.

God drat Super Buu was STILL ruining my poo poo throughout. If I got Piccolo Absorbed Super Buu I was ok, and could soldier through, but regular Super Buu ruined my poo poo.

I tried Super Buu to see if I could maybe just throw Dragon Stones at him until he relents, but he oneshot me and I just went "Screw this". I'll just get every other medal and hope that Babas shop opens soon.
Doesn't help that I have literally no Int unit though.

Tournament on the 18th, ends on 23th. So 6 days, which is okish I suppose. Reward for Top 1000 (or 5000, I'm not sure, so I'll go with 1000 for now) will be SSR TEQ SSJ2 Gohan. Not a bad card, he's basically his AGL version, with more ATK and less DEF (also a not-dumb picture)

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
DOKKAN BATTLE signup available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t7036hFytitDVkFKRnv8TRvHZNpihIq-KXpntUqkg10/edit?usp=sharing

LETS BE E-FRIENDS

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is there anything you can do to make Piccolo Buu show up more often? I've been running Z-Hard, and abandoning out if he's not on the map, since I don't want to waste the items beating him (I'm already swimming in medals, I just need Gohans), but I've only run into him once.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Man the new Summon animations are even more confusing than the old way. Now I have to actually pay attention to them instead of ignoring them.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

the_steve posted:

Is there anything you can do to make Piccolo Buu show up more often? I've been running Z-Hard, and abandoning out if he's not on the map, since I don't want to waste the items beating him (I'm already swimming in medals, I just need Gohans), but I've only run into him once.

I just kept running it. Got it 1 in about 4 runs approximately? He was definitely a rarer spawn. :(

Adding myself to the list now.

E: Webbeh just noticed when I tried to enter my Friend Code, it wasn't marked as a text field so starting a number with 0 meant it ignored it. I believe you need to have a 10 digit friend code and 2 of the people in there only have 9 ( including you )

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 17, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

My ID is only 9 numbers. I'm fairly sure it's based on the amount of accounts created, or something.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I just kept running it. Got it 1 in about 4 runs approximately? He was definitely a rarer spawn. :(

Adding myself to the list now.

E: Webbeh just noticed when I tried to enter my Friend Code, it wasn't marked as a text field so starting a number with 0 meant it ignored it. I believe you need to have a 10 digit friend code and 2 of the people in there only have 9 ( including you )

My account's old enough that it only needs 9. You youngins and your 10 digit account numbers. :argh:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Aurora posted:

Man the new Summon animations are even more confusing than the old way. Now I have to actually pay attention to them instead of ignoring them.

Wait do you have to actually follow it? Or, is it more eye-candy randomness now?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Okay well I mean it's not a minigame but the poo poo in it actually means things, at least according to this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3x44tw/glb_and_jp_summon_animation_for_those_who_need/

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

My account's old enough that it only needs 9. You youngins and your 10 digit account numbers. :argh:

Mine's just over the 1 million mark, I'm pretty sure we both started on day one. Day 154 rewards for me today.

It's just more eye-candy. Plus, it's all generated post-hoc based on what you pulled anyway, far as anyone can tell.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 17, 2015

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Got 4 pods, rainbow text, SSJ Goku. Got that SR woman from Bojack's crew. Whatever.

E: the Saiyaman 2 gets me to 1 UR of each type though, so I guess I shouldn't be too bothered.

zelah fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 17, 2015

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Everyone's kinda in the dark what exactly means what. SSJ means SR+, SSJ3 means SSR, Teleport Goku means SSR (can also happen if Goku doesn't go SSJ), anything else no idea.

Game is refusing to give me any Int units, but keeps giving me good stuff anyway. Kinda would settle for any dumb Int R right now though, so I can start building a tournament team.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
So you can only get two new wishes on the dragon balls. And of course I asked for more characters and didn't get any good ones. I'll take 3 straight INT Majin Buu's to max out Gohan's Super Attack though. None of the other Saiyaman characters are drops other than using rare summons right? If I'm lucky I get 21 more Bulma's before the event ends to save just in case.

I will say that other than changing the font, I like all of the updates. I like the character pages showing the character icons now, I like that some skills have been updated (FINALLY Piccolo Jr's Skill has other characters on it! It's a shame they're all bad), and I like being able to use some medals to Dokkan Awaken Roshi and Chi-chi's for their future events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I agree. Yeah, the new font sucks. Everything else is quite nice.

I'm quite impressed with Signature Pose team, they're pretty solid and really flexible if you have some of the R Ginyu Force. I mean, I have like two Super Saiyans of every type, but these guys throw supers like crazy. Plus, I've been using Bardock almost non-stop since I got him, I'm tired of looking at him.

Edit: Welp, thanks to a few story stones and today's Christmas thing, I got a second Whis and Super Buu. So that's all three available Buus. I wish the Buus had better synergy, but Majin's a tough link to complain about and Fat Buu has drat good links with Dabura and Babidi.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 17, 2015