Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

larchesdanrew posted:

Work stories though. I'm Larchesdanrew. poo poo is bound to happen. :getin:

meh, you're no Dick Trauma.. yet.

(I'm so sorry, Dick)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Latino girl, nice.

e: How is is that loving quick?

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

larchesdanrew posted:

Same girl. Stories will probably be boring. She's really chill and we have a lot in common and its going cool and all.

Work stories though. I'm Larchesdanrew. poo poo is bound to happen. :getin:

Well, I'm glad that chapter of your life ended on a positive note. Now, onto the next chapter of The Downfall of Larchesdanrew

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I'm almost certain Larch's new girlfriend is an upgrade from his ex(ish)-wife in every conceivable fashion. I'm kind of hoping his ex-wife gets to meet her so she can fathom just how much she hosed up.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'm almost certain Larch's new girlfriend is an upgrade from his ex(ish)-wife in every conceivable fashion. I'm kind of hoping his ex-wife gets to meet her so she can fathom just how much she hosed up.

Fun fact: One of soon-to-be ex-wife's coworkers told her that new girl is way hotter than her and I definitely upgraded. :feelsgood:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
But now you have to pay child support.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Bigass Moth posted:

But now you have to pay child support.

Nope, we make exactly the same amount of money. Child support, at least in my state, requires that one parent be making at least 20% more than the other

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

larchesdanrew posted:

Nope, we make exactly the same amount of money. Child support, at least in my state, requires that one parent be making at least 20% more than the other

Does that also apply if you later get a huge income increase?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

larchesdanrew posted:

Goon luck with that.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

LOL

Might still wanna kick in.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Bigass Moth posted:

Goon luck with that.

Something tells me she will be unemployed for a long time.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Does that also apply if you later get a huge income increase?

Yeah, if either party gets some sort of pay increase you can revisit the child support option. However, we've agreed that if it comes to a point where either person needs money, we'll work it out without involving the courts.

KoRMaK posted:

Might still wanna kick in.

Oh, I'm already cutting her a check for about $1000 every month out of the goodness of my heart. I don't want my children to do without, and she can keep living in the house. Child support would pay way less than that.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

larchesdanrew posted:

Yeah, if either party gets some sort of pay increase you can revisit the child support option. However, we've agreed that if it comes to a point where either person needs money, we'll work it out without involving the courts.

Oh, I'm already cutting her a check for about $1000 every month out of the goodness of my heart. I don't want my children to do without, and she can keep living in the house. Child support would pay way less than that.

gently caress this. Lawyer up and take zee kids.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
$12000 per year for multiple kids isn't much especially if they are in childcare which is over $200 per week for for one child.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Moey posted:

oh good, let's have this discussion again

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Moey posted:

Eh, I don't want full custody. I love my kids, but being a full-time single parent would drive me insane. Our current deal gives me a week with them, and a week away from them. Just enough time for me to get sick of them, and then just enough time for me to start missing them. And the times I don't have with them I can focus on my own stuff, which I haven't had the opportunity to do in over two years. Raising children is just 100% stress all the loving time and this will be an absolute blessing for my mental health.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

Oh Whoa hey, lets not go overboard here. I was thinking like, I dunno. Maybe like ~$75 a month man. Don't set too high a precedent.

please detect the humor in this post tia

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Bigass Moth posted:

$12000 per year for multiple kids isn't much especially if they are in childcare which is over $200 per week for for one child.

Let's remember that he's in bumfuck United Southern of America where 30k is a good salary that can afford a house with land.

Please document the money you are giving her and have some kind of written agreement that the money is for the kids. If she gets screwed over by her next boyfriend / husband she could hit up the courts and say the $1000 was verbally agreed upon to be to support her shoe addiction and you've never paid anything for the kids ever.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm gonna assume that you've run your plan past a lawyer and leave it at that.

Not vetting your plan with a lawyer is like tying a rope around your dick and handing it to her. (The rope, not your dick)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Not vetting your plan with a lawyer is like tying a rope around your dick and handing it to her. (The rope, not your dick)

This is true. Very true.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

larchesdanrew posted:

Raising children is just 100% stress all the loving time
:cry:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Please yes do this.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

oh good, let's have this discussion again

The thread fixes computers, not itself.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

All of this is being documented and approved by my lawyer. She's ruthless and is leaving zero room for future backlash

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Years of CYA training in IT paying off!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

larchesdanrew posted:

Raising children is just 100% stress all the loving time and this will be an absolute blessing for my mental health.

Not 100% :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Guys

We've already had the back and forth Re: Larch's kids.

Its been handled. Move on.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

larchesdanrew posted:

All of this is being documented and approved by my lawyer. She's ruthless and is leaving zero room for future backlash

That should be enough for everyone. Let's talk about tickets again.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

MrMojok posted:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

All of this is being documented and approved by my lawyer.
Whats her username?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

MrMojok posted:

Doing the needful and reverting

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

It's tough, but there's good with the bad. The unsolicited "I love you"s are the best :kimchi:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
New guy asked to have his VS2015 updated to VS2015 update 1 today.

He already had update 1 installed.

:users:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

MrMojok posted:

Tickets, eh?

Here's one:

Got a call at 4:30 PM today that a client's SSL cert for their Citrix Secure Gateway server was expired. Not expiring, no, that would have been much better...expired. No one can log in. No one knew ahead of time, it seems. Great.

Ended up being a huge rigmarole because the credentials we had for their GoDaddy account weren't correct, they claimed that's what they should be, and even a PW reset wasn't working because their admin's email wasn't getting accepted as the one registered to GoDaddy, either. Called GoDaddy and they wanted either a PIN (client didn't have that, either) ot the last 4 of the credit card on the account (none of the CCs the client swore they used were the right one, either.)

Finally GoDaddy guy said it was easier to just create a new account and generate the SSL from there. That worked.

And I'll admit I don't know a lot about Citrix, but is it normal for the CSG server to NOT be the one hosting the Citrix webpage? The CSG server didn't have IIS, so I had to go to IIS on the XenApp server and saw that that was where the first certificate originated, so I made the CSR from there, sent to GoDaddy, finished the process on the XenApp server, then exported it with the certificate snap-in, import in via the same on the CSG server, and then I could finally install it on the CSG with the management utility.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

By way of apology for being the subject of a thread derail, I offer news of CE.

Sources tell me there's a battle going between him and a new producer over the spelling of her name on both her email and the domain. He seems to be purposely misspelling it because he's a huge dickhead and it's just what he does, but the fun part is this new producer is a little unhinged and takes absolutely zero poo poo from anyone. Apparently, after the 4th time he misspelled her name, she just straight went into his office while he was sitting there, sat down at the domain controller and edited her own information. He got indignant and asked what the gently caress she thought she was doing and she responded "your job" and walked out.

She's all the me I wish I could be :allears:

Bonus: the annual Christmas party is coming up and they do a drawing for prizes like new televisions, fitness bands, and other techy goodies. The GM went to each department and had them draft a list of potential prizes they would want to see. 3 departments listed as their number one choice "Fire CE".

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The intentional misspelling of the name is a dick move, and I though "what kind of rear end in a top hat does..." but then I remembered who we are talking about.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

larchesdanrew posted:

3 departments listed as their number one choice "Fire CE".

:drat:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I forgot to mention, he apparently told her that the way she spells her name is "a gay way to spell it. Like its a gay guy saying it"

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Headsets came in to the chagrin of everybody else in the tech department.

Department heads previously managed headsets for their people. This has lead to half a dozen brands with various models from each and nobody knows how to work / troubleshoot them. Director of IT says sure we'll take them!

Everybody else in tech is bitching that this isn't our responsibility and adds needless burden for us to track who has what and manage warranties. I jumped up since I get one ticket a day if I'm lucky and now I get to do a thing!

Tomorrow I'll spend an hour making a spreadsheet and it'll be done. The senior admin has already spent more time bitching about the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

larchesdanrew posted:

I forgot to mention, he apparently told her that the way she spells her name is "a gay way to spell it. Like its a gay guy saying it"

I must have said this to myself dozens of times reading your posts, but I just cannot imagine any environment where this guy doesn't get fired for cause for any of dozens of different reason. I am really, really glad you finally got out of there. Any place that tolerates that kind of poo poo deserves whatever they get.

And doesn't deserve you.

• Locked thread