Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
AH PISS CUPID SHOT TEN WAIFUS AT ME
Okay song over, got to main menu, picked up my gifts.
Updated my pisspoor pastebin guide.
Will do more later. Right now it's breakfast time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Polsy posted:

Yeah, that's been up for a while as a promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXMQ5htvfJA

e: left to right in the first shot are Fumio, Kokomi, Akane and Chloe (Cool, Cool, Passion and Cute Cool, Cool, Pop and Sweet). Clearly you didn't watch the top-tier anime.

The anime was great because there were no boys except for chloes dad and main girls dad and it seemed like chloe and main girl would be a thing at the end.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

graybook posted:

Nickname field, family name field, given name field, I get that much, but I have no clue what the hell the bottom text says here and kanji-searching is tricky. I guess I'll blunder through it somehow!

I went through that during the couple of hours it was up the other week but if I recall correctly, that's just saying that the real name stuff is there so your waifus will call you by that. Only the nickname is public.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Trap posted:

I went through that during the couple of hours it was up the other week but if I recall correctly, that's just saying that the real name stuff is there so your waifus will call you by that. Only the nickname is public.

Ah, that's good to know. Thanks!

I managed to do a very rough and poor translation of some of the menus in-game. Details are at my Pastebin link in the OP, for anyone else wading into this corner of waifu hell.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

beaner69 posted:

The anime was great because there were no boys except for chloes dad and main girls dad and it seemed like chloe and main girl would be a thing at the end.

It was just a cute girls doing cute things show and they were trying to get through as much of the game's cast as they could but yeah I did still actually enjoy it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
BORING GENERIC LEAD!
BLUE HAIR BRAIDS!
KAREN-CHAN!
BORING BRUNETTE!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Please, Kokomi Shiina likes melonpan and is a gymnast, that's a whole two character traits right there.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Perhaps I'll play more later, but for now I got through the tutorial and did my 11-pull.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Nice SRs. What do the accessories actually do, give a boost to one of the stats?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Well... its looking like a very Maki Christmas this year.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Rhythmical Charm, yeah? I've been getting Rs ready. Should be able to level her skill to 5. Welcome to the team. :mmmhmm:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Can someone post what to type where on gf note? I can't read japanese like a baka gaijin.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

beaner69 posted:

Can someone post what to type where on gf note? I can't read japanese like a baka gaijin.

The OP has a pastebin, but the opening name thing is just nickname, last name first name. I think the first is what other players see you as and the others are for the girls to call you by?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Maki fans doin' good work:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Maki fans doin' good work:

That is fantastic. I just burned 5 gems to MAKE SURE I got Maki before I went to sleep. No way am I missing out on it cause I forget my phone when I go to work or some poo poo.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

iOS Girl Friend Note is up now, just in time for me to be at work where I don't have wifi or enough of a data plan to download the 800MB it says it's going to need. Actually, I don't even have 800MB free on my phone...

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.

Got her!

Worth it, since I'm trying to basically build a full Perfect Lock team. Plus, look how pretty!

EDIT: Also just did the cheap daily roll on Starlight Stage and got the SR Karen Hojo. I'm 1/3 of the way to my dream Triad Primus SR and above team (if only Nao would get a card higher than normal...)

Apathetic Panda fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Dec 17, 2015

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm not sure why I thought there'd be a 10k+ jump in the last few hours, but Medley Festival is fun and I got a Cocoa card from my last run so it all worked out.

My tomato farm is coming along nicely.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh god did I just stumble on the dating sim part of Girl Friend (♪)

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Oh god. The game went down last night literally in my final set to get Maki and didnt count the score. Im pretty not OK with missing it by almost nothing

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Oh god. The game went down last night literally in my final set to get Maki and didnt count the score. Im pretty not OK with missing it by almost nothing

ouch

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That is mad balls. :(

Sidenote - with GF Note, some of the song gameplay graphical elements feel plain - popup text for, like, score increase and accuracy indicators feel too... immediate/choppy, if that makes sense. Maybe it's because I turned 3D mode off.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

graybook posted:

Oh god did I just stumble on the dating sim part of Girl Friend (♪)

Is this the bit where you chat with a center? I donno, because all I understood was the phrase "shutter chance." But hey, it comes with leveling up the dancer, which probably does something, since numbers get bigger :V

That disco ball is pretty distracting, even if I decide to ignore it, its still sliding in.

^^ I don't think they are more choppy without the 3d, although they might seem more abrupt if they're the only thing appearing on an otherwise mostly static screen.

What's the mode at the top of the center settings tab do? It looks like two of the options are light and heavy, but I have no idea what it means.
Well, at least I know I can move the judgment text, but I have no clude what "general effects" size means. Like, the sparkles?

It's pretty nice, though, that even with the 3D on, this hasn't fallen into "suddenly choppy because why not" like SS sometimes does, even on the simplest graphics settings.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

What's the mode at the top of the center settings tab do? It looks like two of the options are light and heavy, but I have no idea what it means.

They're just one-touch quality presets, that's why the other buttons go off and on when you select them.

Zenostein posted:

but I have no clude what "general effects" size means. Like, the sparkles?

Yeah, they're much more subdued on small, just little sparks instead of big note clusters popping out.

e: I'm already missing the fact that Starlight Stage doesn't go 'hey, why don't you friend this random person Y/N' after every game, though I'm aware it's in the minority

Polsy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 17, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

Is this the bit where you chat with a center? I donno, because all I understood was the phrase "shutter chance." But hey, it comes with leveling up the dancer, which probably does something, since numbers get bigger :V

That disco ball is pretty distracting, even if I decide to ignore it, its still sliding in.

^^ I don't think they are more choppy without the 3d, although they might seem more abrupt if they're the only thing appearing on an otherwise mostly static screen.

Well, at least I know I can move the judgment text, but I have no clude what "general effects" size means. Like, the sparkles?

It's pretty nice, though, that even with the 3D on, this hasn't fallen into "suddenly choppy because why not" like SS sometimes does, even on the simplest graphics settings.

Okay, it's not really a dating sim. The big button is just "hey use these resources to increase Good Friend level".
You can dress up your center. I put a pretty bow on Nonoka.
I haven't tried the 20 Secrets game yet though. Probably not a good idea if I can't Japanese well yet.
'Abrupt' was a way more fitting term - thanks, it wasn't coming to mind.
I added a lot of stuff to the guide.

graybook fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 17, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

I added a lot of stuff to the guide.

Couple of notes:

Rarities seem to be N/R/SR/SSR/UR, assuming the order for the last two based on screenshots seen.

- yeah, this is the order in the regular game (minus HN and HR)

favorite girl (star at top-right: not sure how to disable this, still testing this section out)

- you almost certainly can't, since it sets the girl in your public profile, which I think was just my original centre before I did that

Miracle - the premium scouting type; gives R or higher girls, and at least R clothing, reportedly.

- the R clothing part is marked as a one-time only thing so I presume it's not guaranteed after your first 11-pull

Trying to get used to this semi-circular layout, I'm not used to the having my hand touching one note obscuring some of the other note spots. I guess this is another one of those things thumb users don't have trouble with.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Couple of notes:

Rarities seem to be N/R/SR/SSR/UR, assuming the order for the last two based on screenshots seen.

- yeah, this is the order in the regular game (minus HN and HR)

favorite girl (star at top-right: not sure how to disable this, still testing this section out)

- you almost certainly can't, since it sets the girl in your public profile, which I think was just my original centre before I did that

Miracle - the premium scouting type; gives R or higher girls, and at least R clothing, reportedly.

- the R clothing part is marked as a one-time only thing so I presume it's not guaranteed after your first 11-pull

Trying to get used to this semi-circular layout, I'm not used to the having my hand touching one note obscuring some of the other note spots. I guess this is another one of those things thumb users don't have trouble with.

Ooh, thanks for checking my statements. Sorry about that - I didn't mean to imply that the R clothing was given on every pull, just that it was in the pool of possible rewards for doing a Miracle pull.
I'm assuming it'll still be better to be a non-thumb user once we get to see some of the 'very difficult' song charts, though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Ooh, thanks for checking my statements. Sorry about that - I didn't mean to imply that the R clothing was given on every pull, just that it was in the pool of possible rewards for doing a Miracle pull.
I'm assuming it'll still be better to be a non-thumb user once we get to see some of the 'very difficult' song charts, though.

Oh, sure, yeah. Actually to be more specific the one-time only thing is for a R+ dress which I assume are significantly superior to hats and shoes, they're the only things they bother to list in detail if you go to the possible drops page. Though, apparently Yes_Cantaloupe didn't get one so I don't know if they've only just added that. There's a big pointery thing for it.

I made a quick gameplay video if anyone wants to see what they're missing. I was going to translate some missions but new ones keep appearing, it's making it hard to make a complete list.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Oh, sure, yeah. Actually to be more specific the one-time only thing is for a R+ dress which I assume are significantly superior to hats and shoes, they're the only things they bother to list in detail if you go to the possible drops page. Though, apparently Yes_Cantaloupe didn't get one so I don't know if they've only just added that. There's a big pointery thing for it.

I made a quick gameplay video if anyone wants to see what they're missing. I was going to translate some missions but new ones keep appearing, it's making it hard to make a complete list.

I think we can assume that some of the missions will be the same type - "Let's clear {Song}!", "Let's full combo {Song}!", "Let's clear {Song} on Hard!", etc. I have some screenshotted that I was going to attempt translating, but I've got to get ready to head out soon, so I'll probably just do that when I get back home tonight.
This is a fun way to force myself to learn more Japanese.

graybook fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 17, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am having hella fun with Private Wars. Since Afterschool Navigators is not available, it's become my go-to Expert song.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

New time/effort-saver for the standard event in Starlight Stage, a 2x cost/2x reward option for playing the regular songs.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Both of the cards are really pretty this go round, I guess I'm going for both of them (Why are Starlight Stage's cards so pretty!?)

Speaking of Starlight Stage - the last update made it so you can make the pads bigger durring lives, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know where that setting is?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Apathetic Panda posted:

Speaking of Starlight Stage - the last update made it so you can make the pads bigger durring lives, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know where that setting is?

Hmm, did it say that somewhere? I can't imagine they'd put that anywhere other than with the rest of the live settings if they had.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
That's what the reddit was saying. :

■ Update LIVE setting function

Coming flow of the rhythm icon now can be horizontal reversed/mirror (on/off) toggle function.
Space between Tap Area now can be adjusted (normal/wider) toggle function.

I absolutely need them to be less widely spaced so booo that it's not there.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Apathetic Panda posted:

That's what the reddit was saying. :

■ Update LIVE setting function

Coming flow of the rhythm icon now can be horizontal reversed/mirror (on/off) toggle function.
Space between Tap Area now can be adjusted (normal/wider) toggle function.

I absolutely need them to be less widely spaced so booo that it's not there.

Ok, yeah. That's the setting right at the bottom of the live settings, I tried that earlier because I wasn't sure what it did and I still wasn't sure afterwards but I think you should be taking the description literally - the (invisible) space between the areas is wider, not the actual buttons.

I think it's for people with smaller screens who are accidentally hitting the wrong button because the tap area is significantly larger than the actual buttons.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Or people like me with fatass fingers who can't do parallel sliders without losing half their stamina.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.

Polsy posted:

Ok, yeah. That's the setting right at the bottom of the live settings, I tried that earlier because I wasn't sure what it did and I still wasn't sure afterwards but I think you should be taking the description literally - the (invisible) space between the areas is wider, not the actual buttons.

I think it's for people with smaller screens who are accidentally hitting the wrong button because the tap area is significantly larger than the actual buttons.

That's why I need it, haha. A small screen plus fat fingers and small hands. A deadly combination for this game. Since I don't read Japanese at all, it all just looked like gibberish, thanks!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Today I'm adding mission translations to my guide. Polsy, if you feel like it, let me know what I misinterpreted - still working on my micrograsp of the language here. I've got a few more from the 'unfinished' tab I have to do, but I'll get back on those when I come home later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, those look right. I'm pretty sure the verb formations for all of them are of the "let's" variety so you can stick with that.

And like you said it looks like they're going to keep coming, they're not (all) so much the 'learn to do some basic tasks' missions like in some other games as they are general rewards for progress.