Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Has anyone been trying a crit facebreaker build using Rigwald's Curse yet? I was thinking of buying one and trying it once I get a bit more currency, the damage is probably crazy-go-nuts though losing a slot for resistances on your amulet is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Mince Pieface posted:

Has anyone been trying a crit facebreaker build using Rigwald's Curse yet? I was thinking of buying one and trying it once I get a bit more currency, the damage is probably crazy-go-nuts though losing a slot for resistances on your amulet is hard.

This guy: http://www.twitch.tv/mollarigaming was streaming it earlier. It has good damage, but it seemed kind of squishy.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Bugsy posted:

It is, what is your character name? Post it and someone will get an invite to you.

Made a new account, character name is Zaelios.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Some guy figured out that the threshold jewel for Barrage doesn't just add hits to the barrage itself, but also to any projectile that chains off of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCArJWWnZ6A

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Mystery Prize posted:

Some guy figured out that the threshold jewel for Barrage doesn't just add hits to the barrage itself, but also to any projectile that chains off of it

Note: causes more slow down and frame dropping than any cast on crit build ever. Watch this video and LMYA at the game being unable to deal with this.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
If I haven't played in a while (like, pre-Scion days) and wanted to possibly get back into it, is there a relatively simple build that would do ok prior to maps without too much gear/rare gems/etc?

Or can I still just sort of do whatever as long as I pick up enough life along the way?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Magus42 posted:

If I haven't played in a while (like, pre-Scion days) and wanted to possibly get back into it, is there a relatively simple build that would do ok prior to maps without too much gear/rare gems/etc?

Or can I still just sort of do whatever as long as I pick up enough life along the way?

I was basically you a month or so ago. Just came back after a long break.

Easiest build I found is dual fire totem Witch. Will get you to end game easily with minimal gear, but everyone says it is super boring. I didn't mind it honestly. You basically drop two flame totems down and wait for stuff to die haha.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1303239 is a good guide for it. You can also look up guides on how to level with fire totem + firestorm and then switch to a summoner in the late 50s.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Mince Pieface posted:

Not exactly what you asked for, but Angry's been running crit facebreaker Infernal Blow melee splash with Abyssus that's super tanky and mildly hilarious. He walks up to a mob, punches it, and half the screen explodes in gore. I believe he said he's not that interested in Rigwald's Curse for the purposes of his build, though.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Wait, Crit IB Facebreaker? Is he hoping for the IB explosion to crit?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Phobophilia posted:

Wait, Crit IB Facebreaker? Is he hoping for the IB explosion to crit?

Yeah, I'm confused too, he's doing crit Facebreaker without the unique that lets Facebreaker crit? Post-nerf IB explosion can't possibly be enough damage to be worth stacking crit for.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

also hilarious

who needs more than 4k es when you can just 1 shot everything in like a 60 degree arc

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I think he might be one shotting (nearly) everything that has actually spawned. Only seems to really miss stuff blocked by terrain.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

you can't crit without the amulet. abyssus is just for the 40-60 damage.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Please someone invite in the guild my char, name is: Maledizione

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I happened to log on for a little bit while my ISP was not being lovely last night and caught Xavori talking about corrupting an armorer's box, and just then I found a +7 items/+2 sockets box myself so I tried the same thing. Out popped a 6-link BBBGGG evasion body with nice mods. While I'm pretty sure I could sell it for ~3 exalts I've never actually played with a 6-link item before so I'll be keeping that. 10/10 would vaal again :iamafag:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I had my first exalted orb drop last night!

I have no use for it. Most likely I'll end up getting something stupid and useless with it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

theshim posted:

I had my first exalted orb drop last night!

I have no use for it. Most likely I'll end up getting something stupid and useless with it.

Keep it. It'll be worth more as the league goes onward.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Flesh Forge posted:

I happened to log on for a little bit while my ISP was not being lovely last night and caught Xavori talking about corrupting an armorer's box, and just then I found a +7 items/+2 sockets box myself so I tried the same thing. Out popped a 6-link BBBGGG evasion body with nice mods. While I'm pretty sure I could sell it for ~3 exalts I've never actually played with a 6-link item before so I'll be keeping that. 10/10 would vaal again :iamafag:

grats! 6L are always nice, literally any skill becomes viable and playing is a breeze

although those are some weird colors

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

although those are some weird colors

My acro/phase acro EK poison dude would kill for a 6L evasion chest with 3 blue sockets. Added chaos + pcoc + echo + poison + something else green I haven't thought beyond 5 links yet.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Thinking of ways to apply BBBGGG:
Green attack/Cast on crit/4 spells (or GMP/3 spells)
Incinerate/echo/fire pen/gmp/slower/faster
Bladefall/conc/aoe/echo/poison/void manipulation (maybe controlled destruction instead of increased AOE)
e: leaning towards the last because it doesn't require any other gear and bladefall is shiny

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 17, 2015

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

You're welcome!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Can you roll duplicate cosmetics with the winter mystery box? hosed up if so

az
Dec 2, 2005

Can I get an invite for CrushingDisappointment please.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

voltron lion force posted:

Can you roll duplicate cosmetics with the winter mystery box? hosed up if so

You can definitely roll dupes of everything. I got lucky and picked up the wolf pet, the portal effect, hideout snow, and that aurora thing with 60 points I had leftover. My buddy, however, wasn't quite as lucky. I think he got that aurora effect three boxes in a row.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I just dropped into this for the first time since the last big patch. Must have gotten booted from the goon guild due to being inactive.

Invite FoxNewsAnchorWoman please?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

corrupting chest armors has some sort of flat chance to 6link them. Vaaling armorer's boxes is actually a pretty good way to spend Vaal orbs.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I decided to grab a single mystery box. Got an Ice Nova skin.

...just so happens I've been playing an Ice Nova character. Okay then.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
so uh how do I get my snow cat back in the box? it runs around the hidout, but not in levels or town

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
How often do store tabs go on sale?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

The Real Foogla posted:

so uh how do I get my snow cat back in the box? it runs around the hidout, but not in levels or town

Go to edit mode in your hideout, click on the cat and hit the delete key.

Pharnakes posted:

How often do store tabs go on sale?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Daily_Deals#2015
Roughly every 2 weeks.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 17, 2015

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

NecroMonster posted:

corrupting chest armors has some sort of flat chance to 6link them. Vaaling armorer's boxes is actually a pretty good way to spend Vaal orbs.

To be specific, corrupting an item has 4 possible results: Nothing, changing the implicit, turning a socket white, or rerolling the item as a rare. When it rerolls the item as a rare, it has a much much higher chance of being a 5 or 6 link item than normal.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The odds for 6 link are 1/36 if it rerolls as a rare. This is why the Tempest league had such absurd numbers of corrupted 6-link items, and vaal orbing armorer boxes can pay off well especially on mirrored boxes.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

If you posted above and didn't get an invite to goon guild it's because you're in another guild already

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

Oh, I thought it was just fully linking whatever sockets were present but yes the "+2 sockets" mod on the chest didn't really have anything to do with it:

Reroll the item into a rare item with randomized sockets, links and six random affixes. If this result is chosen, there is a one in thirty-six chance the item will have the maximum number of sockets and links.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got my marauder to level 40 or so and I'm following the Cyclone build that was posted a while back...and I don't really like it. Mainly it's the way my dude moves when I use Cyclone - it feels like he's not always going where I want him to, and when there's just a few strong mobs instead of a huge pack it's hard to keep near them because the movement feels so imprecise. Am I doing something wrong or is it something you get used to with the build?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Bardeh posted:

I got my marauder to level 40 or so and I'm following the Cyclone build that was posted a while back...and I don't really like it. Mainly it's the way my dude moves when I use Cyclone - it feels like he's not always going where I want him to, and when there's just a few strong mobs instead of a huge pack it's hard to keep near them because the movement feels so imprecise. Am I doing something wrong or is it something you get used to with the build?

It's not you, Cyclone works differently than you'd expect, especially if you played a Whirlwind Barbarian in Diablo 2/3. In PoE, Cyclone pays the mana cost once per cast, and moves you to wherever you were targeting when it started, as opposed to Diablo WW, which costs mana per second, and tracks the cursor the whole time.

This means that you can either target farther away from your character and be stuck in the cyclone the whole way (you can't cancel it early), or keep the cursor near your character, making a bunch of short casts, which will give you better fine control. The downside is you pay the mana cost each time, which can chew through your mana with a quickness (or your health, if you're running Blood Magic and don't have sufficient life/regen).

I believe they also put in a minimum travel distance, because you used to be able to spin in place, restarting the Cyclone and getting the initial tick of damage way quicker than it does damage during the spin.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh, I thought it was just fully linking whatever sockets were present but yes the "+2 sockets" mod on the chest didn't really have anything to do with it:

Reroll the item into a rare item with randomized sockets, links and six random affixes. If this result is chosen, there is a one in thirty-six chance the item will have the maximum number of sockets and links.

So what you're saying is if you have Vaal orbs and nothing much to do with them might as well use them on Armourer's Strongboxes regardless of other mods it might have?

Also I just noticed that jewels aren't being shown with my item filter, and I have no idea why. The used to show up, but now it seems only unique do (probably because they are unique and get caught by another clause) I have:

code:
Show
Class "Jewel"
SetFontSize 35
PlayAlertSound 3 100
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 
This seems fine to me and comes before any hide command, any ideas why they aren't showing?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Pharnakes posted:

So what you're saying is if you have Vaal orbs and nothing much to do with them might as well use them on Armourer's Strongboxes regardless of other mods it might have?

Also I just noticed that jewels aren't being shown with my item filter, and I have no idea why. The used to show up, but now it seems only unique do (probably because they are unique and get caught by another clause) I have:

code:
Show
Class "Jewel"
SetFontSize 35
PlayAlertSound 3 100
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 
This seems fine to me and comes before any hide command, any ideas why they aren't showing?

Not sure, might consider throwing your whole filter up on pastebin.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Pharnakes posted:

I don't know about it myself but yes this seems to be a popular thing to do, and I'll be doing it myself from now on too on armourer's boxes that have some amount of flat increased quantity mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Lprsti99 posted:

Not sure, might consider throwing your whole filter up on pastebin.

Here:

http://pastebin.com/NguHSghg

• Locked thread