Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
If you remove a mod, it'll complain that it's missing, and things might go wrong, but removing a mod doesn't automatically ruin things. I've added and removed mods and my game is fine. However, should backup and test these things just to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Failboattootoot posted:

This has probably been brought up so sorry in advance, but is fallout 4 set up like skyrim where mod scripts are a permanent part of a save and that save will become unplayable if you remove the mod?

Presumably but no mods have any scripts as is given the lack of the SDK so it's a nonissue for the moment.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Failboattootoot posted:

This has probably been brought up so sorry in advance, but is fallout 4 set up like skyrim where mod scripts are a permanent part of a save and that save will become unplayable if you remove the mod?

unknown since the CK isn't out for fallout 4 yet

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
A tool exists to clean Skyrim saves of orphaned scripts. I imagine even if they haven't improved the scripting system such a thing will be made for FO4 too. No worries.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

LumberingTroll posted:

Why do you keep calling it that? Its always been called the GECK.
Because its funny.

Syndlig posted:

Amstrad, your mod is basically a godsend for helping to making not-lovely-looking marketplaces.

Have you considered using different objects for the different merchants, though, like you did with the clinic? Like clipboards, cutting boards, ammo boxes, etc. so each merchant isn't just standing in front of a cash register.

Yes, this is definitely in plans. I'd like to do a surgical tray and tools for the Tier 3 clinic for instance.
Mostly what I'm waiting on is for NifSkope to mature enough to allow me to cut and paste FO4 object mesh data together like you can for FO3/NV, as currently I'm limited to using only existing meshes.
I'd like to do something a bit more complex than just a clipboard on a table for a store. Cash registers and medikits is really just a proof of concept.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Do you like hats? Do you like Dogmeat? Do you wish that there were more hats for Dogmeat? Then boy do I have the mod for you.

tl;dr: mod of the year, all the years.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Gonkish posted:

Do you like hats? Do you like Dogmeat? Do you wish that there were more hats for Dogmeat? Then boy do I have the mod for you.

Oh wow, you can even put hats on all the other non-human companions.
An example image of Strong in a tricorne makes me think is all we need is a Superman shirt for him and we can have our own Sloth:

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Does anyone else wish that the galleria was a proper settlement? I want to help out those stupid robots by clearing up the galleria and fixing up the place.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You could always put hats on codsworth, just not every hat. Not sure about curie.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gestalt Intellect posted:

About to try this mod out to make armor be invisible http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5511/

It has options to put a crafting attachment on armor to make that specific piece invisible, or craft a specific combat armor-like set that is invisible, or universally make armor of each type invisible with separate options for helmets and hats.

Gonkish posted:

Would either of these corrupt my saves?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

Would either of these corrupt my saves?

They shouldn't. Scripts are what gently caress up saves, specifically scripts from mods that you uninstalled but previously had running in a save. That poo poo will gently caress up a save. It's a moot point, because no one can do scripting without the mod tools.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Gonkish posted:

They shouldn't. Scripts are what gently caress up saves, specifically scripts from mods that you uninstalled but previously had running in a save. That poo poo will gently caress up a save. It's a moot point, because no one can do scripting without the mod tools.
You can kind of do it by reusing existing scripts once you figure out what they do- someone's written a script decompiler and is actually working on a compiler now, which is really neat.

I've spent the last few days banging my head against really annoying Bethesda Bugs.
  • Only one perk that adds an extra activate choice will actually run, even if you add multiple and they all show buttons.
  • The placement ghost for NPCs in the workshop has 1 frame (just as you switch to it) where *all* conditions on effects on spells are ignored.
I thought I'd figured these really neat workarounds for not having dialogues or the script compiler and for weird UI issues with placing NPCs via the workshop, but nope.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

You could always put hats on codsworth, just not every hat. Not sure about curie.

Smh if you don't put Curie into a synth body and give her a beret, lab coat and glasses to wear

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Segmentation Fault posted:

Smh if you don't put Curie into a synth body and give her a beret, lab coat and glasses to wear

I gave her the stylish sunglasses, a newsboy cap, and an armored greaser jacket and jeans outfit. In fact, all my companions (save for Danse) wear the greaser jacket and jeans outfit. I'm setting us up as a rival to the Atom Cats.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd like a mod that named the nameless settlers, pull the names from codsworths recognized name list so my settlements can have Settler Johnny and Provisioner Fuckface.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd like a mod that named the nameless settlers, pull the names from codsworths recognized name list so my settlements can have Settler Johnny and Provisioner Fuckface.
I just wanna know who does what. I don't have any personal relationship with them, so if instead of an actual human name it could be whatever I want, I'd call them Artillerist, Pakker of Stims, and NRA Representative so I can have more Mutfruiters, Tators and Cornists for my precious vegetable starch. That way I have a better idea when I assign someone to something that that won't abandon something I want manned because they were all just part of the crowd of "Settler" that I couldn't tell apart.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 17, 2015

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Friar Zucchini posted:

I just wanna know who does what. I don't have any personal relationship with them, so if instead of an actual human name it could be whatever I want, I'd call them Artillerist, Pakker of Stims, and NRA Representative so I can have more Mutfruiters, Tators and Cornists for my precious vegetable starch. That way I have a better idea when I assign someone to something that that won't abandon something I want manned because they were all just part of the crowd of "Settler" that I couldn't tell apart.

Same. I usually try to toss some unique hat or piece of clothes on to someone so I can remember I already got them to work...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I imagine when the mod tools come out one of the first will be a junk item scrapping overhaul so that you can't make a bed out of 3 cigarettes or create lead lining for your bodyarmor with 5 pencils or get the same amount of steel from 10 tin cans as you can a car.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am sure there will be a myriad of mods to make crafting infinitely more tedious and annoying than it already is and I do not look forward to them clogging the nexus.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It's amazing the things people can do with no CK

This dude made an entire new location:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6178

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Same. I usually try to toss some unique hat or piece of clothes on to someone so I can remember I already got them to work...
If someone is assigned to something, whatever they're assigned to will be highlighted... if it's in your field of view. If it's behind you or behind a building, there's no way to know. gently caress's sake, at least give me a hint. Sanctuary is a big place ya know

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Workshop mode needs random names for settlers (editable of course) and a list that tells you which settler is assigned to what.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Ak Gara posted:

For those on PC that don't know...

First, open console and then click on the workbench you're going to modify, then:

getav 348
getav 34a

these 2 values are your current size usage.

getav 349
getav 34b

these 2 values are your current size limit.

modav 349 x
modav 34b x

Increase by x amount. Enter the values returned with getav 349/34b to double the limit, or simply enter the same value but with an extra zero on the end to 10x it.

Just to be clear on the steps, you open console then click the workbench, then type the commands:

modav 349 2
modav 34b 2

And that would double the settlement item capacity. Correct? Or do you need to do the getav commands?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

El Jeffe posted:

Just to be clear on the steps, you open console then click the workbench, then type the commands:

modav 349 2
modav 34b 2

And that would double the settlement item capacity. Correct? Or do you need to do the getav commands?

When I did this for a few settlements, the values were in the hundreds of thousands range. You would definitely need to getav first, or you'd max out building a fast travel mat.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

When I did this for a few settlements, the values were in the hundreds of thousands range. You would definitely need to getav first, or you'd max out building a fast travel mat.

There are working mods that do this allready.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

When the gently caress does the F4CK

F4CK is a good acronym

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ddraig posted:

It's amazing the things people can do with no CK

This dude made an entire new location:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6178

quote:

Enter the house of dangerous traps full of high lvl raiders, watch your step or you might get blown to up.

Fallout 4 Modding: watch your step or you might get blown to up.

Seriously though these people are dedicated for having no official mod tools.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Soooo, I'm not sure if its mentioned in the other FO4 thread, but I found the answer to my problem : Purified water not gushing out of my water de-dirtifiers : a bug,
Essentially if you are not getting anything from your purifiers after the first lot, clear the aid section of your workbench, & put all your aid stuff in another, seperate container. then go away, probably to another settlement with no water, rinse repeat, after a few minutes of doing this, or however long it takes, return to the original place you started at, you should have all the water minus whats used for settlers, plants, etc. plus some spare plants your settlers decided to stash. again, you need to clear the aid section. but that should net you the water you have been missing.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

El Jeffe posted:

modav 349 2
modav 34b 2

The command is "modav (variable) (amount)", amount is not a multiplier. You need getav to figure out what the variables are at in the beginning, if it returns eg. 200 and you then type

modav 349 200

that will double it (or use a mod if you do this regularly I guess).

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I am sure there will be a myriad of mods to make crafting infinitely more tedious and annoying than it already is and I do not look forward to them clogging the nexus.

I just hope nobody decides to tie this stuff in to any new junk assets they my create. There's so many pieces of crap I would like to toss around my settlement for decoration...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Segmentation Fault posted:

if you change curie from a cool adorable robot into just another human you are subhuman garbage and I'm calling in an artillery strike on you asap

goons are so into making curie a white woman because they can't stick their pretend dicks into the robot version lmao

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I gave her the stylish sunglasses, a newsboy cap, and an armored greaser jacket and jeans outfit.

Congratulations, you've made it onto a baseball team! Which position do you play?

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 17, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I wish someone would make a mod that makes Father look old.

As it stand he looks like he's in his 30s with gray hair, not like a 60+ year old man with terminal cancer

The Institute can't cure the baldness problem plaguing some scientists but it can reverse aging for the man on top, I guess.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

orcane posted:

The command is "modav (variable) (amount)", amount is not a multiplier. You need getav to figure out what the variables are at in the beginning, if it returns eg. 200 and you then type

modav 349 200

that will double it (or use a mod if you do this regularly I guess).

It worked! Thanks guys.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

if you change curie from a cool adorable robot into just another human you are subhuman garbage and I'm calling in an artillery strike on you asap

What? No, don't make her a synth, give her a lab coat and beret. A robot in a lab coat would be adorable.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Babe Magnet posted:

goons are so into making curie a white woman because they can't stick their pretend dicks into the robot version lmao

Yeah, generic white girl is a real letdown. They should line up a dozen synths for you to choose from brothel style

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
I'd like a mod that lets you put Curie into different robot chassis. Like an assaultron Curie would be rad as hell.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

I'd like a mod that lets you put Curie into different robot chassis. Like an assaultron Curie would be rad as hell.

And a Sentry Bot codsworth

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

nurse handy curie is cool and adorable but curie wants to be a human and I can't just say no to her

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
like idk youre making it out like im objectifying her but youre the one that wants to deny her her right to identity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Curie literally one has one choice, though, which happens to be an incredibly attractive (by wasteland standards) synth that is also able to perfectly replicate a French accent despite Curie having trouble breathing without thinking about it.

Jesus that's a pretty embarassing sidequest. It's like they wanted to capitalize on Mass Effect several years too late. Curie as a kawaii French robot was at least slightly original as far as fan service goes, though.

• Locked thread