Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-012-Ch-104--Let-s-do-an-interview-?id=256508

Last Chapter Summary: Shirou Became Shima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
What was I even expecting?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Literally Kermit posted:

What was I even expecting?

Something Wonderful.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
For Aizawa, this was surprisingly :3: Honestly, if Asahi, Akari and Akana couldn't see the cinematic masterpiece for what it was, then the problem's on their end :colbert:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In case you all forgot, Aizawa is cute + dumb.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

In case you all forgot, Aizawa is cute + dumb.

Would that now extend to her planet?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It is a universal constant.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Every panel with Youko in it was amazing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Her poses at the end worked twice as good in the sunglasses. They came off as some dudebro trying real hard to look cool.

This series never disappoints.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is a new chapter up, but it doesn't make any sense.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-012-Ch-105--Let-s-fall-in-love-?id=257123

"Yes, that was the impression I got."

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Figured it was about time I registered an account to say hello.

Hi folks! I'm the Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa scanlation project leader. Nice to meet you folks and glad you're enjoying the manga.

Yeah, I just uploaded 105 about an hour ago. We're aiming to release a chapter around this time every week as you've seen. If you folks have any questions, let me know.

Thanks for reading.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

Hi folks! I'm the Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa scanlation project leader. Nice to meet you folks and glad you're enjoying the manga.

Yeah, I just uploaded 105 about an hour ago. We're aiming to release a chapter around this time every week as you've seen. If you folks have any questions, let me know.

Thanks for reading.

You are doing a wonderful service.

God bless good sir.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Any bets on who the imouto's in love with? I originally guessed Okada based on the silhouette, but given that he appeared with no reaction from her, I might be wrong. (Comedy option is Shima). Also, new male first year might be a match for the Pervert. It depends on what's under his spectacles.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A chapter a week? Hell yes, and thanks for working on this silly and cute manga!

Also, :ninja:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

a kitten posted:

A chapter a week? Hell yes, and thanks for working on this silly and cute manga!

Also, :ninja:

That is the goal. Granted we sometimes fail to make it in time. There were a few weeks where we just completely missed putting out a chapter. Some of you may have noticed that we are about 30 chapters behind the raws. This is by design, as working with published book scans is so much easier to clean and redraw than the poo poo magazine scans. That and trying to put out more than a chapter a week will probably kill us.

But yeah, we loving adore this manga. It's just the right mix of romance and comedy. The author's previous work was horror, and he brings all that he learned to this series in hilarious new ways. And thankfully, it's showing no signs of slowing down or wrapping up. Expect a bunch of new characters now that we've started year two.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy poo poo. The :stare: face on that girl.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
*in the Teen Girl Squad voice* "I have a crush on every boy.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Oh my God, Cute + Dumb Gen 2 is shaping up to be something else :allears:

Tarage posted:

Thanks for reading.

No, thank YOU for translating! :)

EDIT: Wait, I guess there IS something I'd like to ask: In some of the /a/ threads you mentioned a 'redrawer'- what does that person do, exactly? I always thought scanlators just, well, scanned everything, then touched things up in Photoshop or something. Is that what a redrawer does?

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 17, 2015

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Okay, I think I now understand why Kuromine's sister placed higher than he did on the character poll :allears:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Xelkelvos posted:

Any bets on who the imouto's in love with? I originally guessed Okada based on the silhouette, but given that he appeared with no reaction from her, I might be wrong. (Comedy option is Shima). Also, new male first year might be a match for the Pervert. It depends on what's under his spectacles.

No reaction? Sis seemed a little blushy and flustered when Oka appeared. I think it really is Oka.

Perv guy's spectacles are the pervy fortune god specs. They have to be.

EDIT: Oh my, didn't notice the sword. And his hair looks awfully like Rin's...

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 17, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone else notice perv guy had a sword and somehow had seen the Charismatic Pervert?

Also, another great chapter.

Tarage posted:

Thanks for reading.

No, thank you guys for translating.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Tarage posted:

Thanks for reading.

You're doing God's work. Bless you.

Ninja girl might have too much Cute+Dumb power.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Best application of "Senpai... please notice me!" I've ever seen.

I wonder why she has the same style of dress as Rin?

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 17, 2015

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

CommissarMega posted:

EDIT: Wait, I guess there IS something I'd like to ask: In some of the /a/ threads you mentioned a 'redrawer'- what does that person do, exactly? I always thought scanlators just, well, scanned everything, then touched things up in Photoshop or something. Is that what a redrawer does?

I'll post an example so you can see exactly what a redrawer does:

As you can see, there is Japanese text outside of bubbles sitting smack dab on top of Asahi's face. If I were to try to put text over it, I'd have to entirely cover it, and thus cover up even more of the picture. Plus it wouldn't look very good. Likewise, the gradient bubbles would look lovely as well. A redrawer goes in and draws the stuff under the Japanese text so that I can come in and place the text in it's place, often times going vertical instead of horizontal because English is a horizontal language. Incidently I am the typesetter, so I come in after everyone else has done their work scanning/translating/proofing/cleaning/redrawing and put it all together. After that, QC comes in and makes sure I didn't gently caress anything up, and we release.

Apologizes for the zomghueg picture. I wasn't sure how to scale it down for the forum.

Begemot posted:

Okay, I think I now understand why Kuromine's sister placed higher than he did on the character poll :allears:

Actually that was before this chapter. She placed randomly high because people liked the idea of Asahi having an imouto I guess. Needless to say, she shows up a lot more now.

EDIT: Thanks! Now it's not zomgHUEG.

Tarage fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 17, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

For reference, you shrink images by using
code:
[timg][/timg]

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am already liking little sister Kuromine a lot as the straight man in this whole thing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

I am already liking little sister Kuromine a lot as the straight man in this whole thing.

The Kuromines are serious straightmen.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Characters I want to see Shoujo-fied by Yuka falling in love with them:

All the characters.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Characters I want to see Shoujo-fied by Yuka falling in love with them:

All the characters.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

DrSunshine posted:

I wonder why she has the same style of dress as Rin?

Because she is also from the future.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
So, Yuka nearly let slip that she's a time-traveler, and she falls in love with like, every guy she meets...

and her hair color is the same...

Oh god.

I think Yuka is related to Shima.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
Guys please tell me I'm just imagining things. Please tell me that that's NOT THE SAME BELT THAT IS ALREADY WORN BY TWO OTHER CHARACTERS!!!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Tarezax posted:

So, Yuka nearly let slip that she's a time-traveler, and she falls in love with like, every guy she meets...

and her hair color is the same...

Oh god.

i hope he has siblings then

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Is the guy with the glasses the classmate that Shiho brought home once? Need to figure out which chapter that was.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

As you can see, there is Japanese text outside of bubbles sitting smack dab on top of Asahi's face. If I were to try to put text over it, I'd have to entirely cover it, and thus cover up even more of the picture. Plus it wouldn't look very good. Likewise, the gradient bubbles would look lovely as well. A redrawer goes in and draws the stuff under the Japanese text so that I can come in and place the text in it's place, often times going vertical instead of horizontal because English is a horizontal language. Incidently I am the typesetter, so I come in after everyone else has done their work scanning/translating/proofing/cleaning/redrawing and put it all together. After that, QC comes in and makes sure I didn't gently caress anything up, and we release.

Ah, right then- now that you've mentioned it, it does seem obvious :downs:

Tarezax posted:

Impossible, because that would imply that Shima would have procreatAAAARGH :suicide:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Where did she nearly let slip that she was a time traveler?

Is it the "people like you will ruin the future" line? That seemed more rhetorical to me.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

LostRook posted:

Where did she nearly let slip that she was a time traveler?

Is it the "people like you will ruin the future" line? That seemed more rhetorical to me.

when they're chasing our beloved MC she's talking about how everyone from her tim- (she cuts off here and changes the word to hometown) is like her.

cyrus_zane fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Ah, got it. Thanks

• Locked thread