Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pyroi posted:

Universe 6 is the Mirror Universe, that's obviously Mirror Cooler, Mirror Tarble, Mirror Kuriza, and Winnie the Buu.

I'm not really seeing how robot is Robo though.

maybe it's a mirror for the old dbz saga villains

even smaller vegeta, blue frieza, red ribbon robot, post haircut cell, buu except a bear now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I mean it's going to follow the manga inasmuch as they're both going to follow the same plot because neither of them supercede the other as far as what's "canon"

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
It annoys me that they are wasting a spot on Buu. Should have been Gotenks.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Some of the better anime moments are pure filler. Krillin's first death after the 22nd Tournament is way better than in the manga for example, with how they just build up the unease Goku's feeling as he's waiting for Krillin to come back.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Goten and Trunks hide inside Buu; wacky adventure ensues.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Buu has the potential for more interesting stuff than Gotenks. Candy beams, general malleability, childish temper as opposed to childish goofiness, etc.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Buu is a great choice and not just for fighting reasons.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm just glad to see non-Saiyan fighters on our side, personally.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also goten and trunks would take up two slots and are 100% likely to gently caress up and do nothing of worth

buu is super strong all the time and not just for thirty minutes

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Blockhouse posted:

also goten and trunks would take up two slots and are 100% likely to gently caress up and do nothing of worth

buu is super strong all the time and not just for thirty minutes

But Goten/Trunks take up 1 slot as MIGHTY MASK!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe it's a mirror for the old dbz saga villains

even smaller vegeta, blue frieza, red ribbon robot, post haircut cell, buu except a bear now

Maybe Super-Gato was made by whatever ancient advanced society made that Pirate Robot, that thing was pretty strong. Toriyama's really good at remembering lots of old minor details from his work from many years ago, so that's where I'm gonna place my bet.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...am I the only one who sees Winnie the Buuh there as a grown up version of Marumaro from Blue Dragon? Maybe its the red.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

you're the only one that remembered blue dragon

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Can you forget to remember something you've never seen before?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Winnie the Buuh's backstory should literally just be that Japanese baseball flash game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Why is the dragonball there?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ruggington posted:

Blue Dragon is the best, Ruggington.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It had a kick rear end boss theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Blue Dragon is the best, Ruggington.

I do not like being lied to

I've never laughed harder at a video game than when this was the boss theme for shut up and jam gaiden

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Maybe Super-Gato was made by whatever ancient advanced society made that Pirate Robot, that thing was pretty strong. Toriyama's really good at remembering lots of old minor details from his work from many years ago, so that's where I'm gonna place my bet.

Yeah that's not true. He forgets like everything

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kild posted:

Yeah that's not true. He forgets like everything

That is the joke.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ruggington posted:

honestly I wanted to check that game out for quite a while, and just never got a chance to before my xbox shat out on me

heard it was mediocre but JRPGs on 360 were few and far between, especially at the time BD came out (I think it and Lost Odyssey were the only two on the system in America for a few years)

if it ever got a steam port I'd be all over that poo poo

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Didn't Blue Dragon get a port to the DS or something? I remember it coming out on a handheld like two years later for no reason and nobody caring

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I wikipedia'd it real quick to refresh my memory and make sure it was the game I was thinking of, and apparently the DS games are sequels.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Neat ad for the Goku vs. Frieza fight on Toonami:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q7zcy6ZxpM

Covok
May 27, 2013

Raxivace posted:

That's got me more than a bit hype to watch that. It'd be pretty awesome to see a no filler version of that fight.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Stairmaster posted:

and second the filler was never good

Yamcha is stronger than Cell filler is baller.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yamcha is stronger than Cell filler is baller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiGQWupUBsY

I love how Piccolo is the only one in the whole group handling himself quite well.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
How many cell games fillers were there? I know the two eps where goku and gohan meet Mercenary Tao and Commander Red.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Red? Did somebody bring him back to life?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

the culminator posted:

How many cell games fillers were there? I know the two eps where goku and gohan meet Mercenary Tao and Commander Red.

If I remember correctly that's the only filler story arc there (that wasn't Commander Red by the way, just some rich guy that hired Tao) but there are more filler scenes like the army attacking Cell, Krillin throwing that rock at Goku or Cell training in space.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Raxivace posted:

This is pretty good, though hilariously misleading.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

SirDrone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiGQWupUBsY

I love how Piccolo is the only one in the whole group handling himself quite well.

I like that from 1:45 to 3:00 that video is basically this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvm3GixEj4

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Covok posted:

Why is the dragonball there?

unzip your trousers and look down, friend

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Namtab posted:

*gasp*

the four star!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Namtab posted:

Neither Buu nor Winnie the Poo have penises, why would you give their fusion one? It's unnerving.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Covok posted:

Neither Buu nor Winnie the Poo have penises, why would you give their fusion one? It's unnerving.

I don't think we've ever had canon defined wrt buu's penis

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Covok posted:

Fused characters are more powerful than the two alone. Gogeta has 3 penises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Namtab posted:

I don't think we've ever had canon defined wrt buu's penis

Sadly we have.

Buu and Miss Buu rip parts of thier bodies off, mix them together and then shoot them with the Love Love Beam to make a Baby Buu.

• Locked thread