Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
Anyone online to add me back to WoL? or GIRL if it has better GMT playtime possibilities (think i have enough clan mech to do CW)

In game name 'byateammate'

by.a.teammate fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

by.a.teammate posted:

Anyone online to add me back to WoL? or GIRL if it has better GMT playtime possibilities (think i have enough clan mech to do CW)

In game name 'byateammate'

Sent

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Drakes posted:

Hows the grind for mechbays in CW?

Kinda wanna avoid CW all together but need those mechbays.

It's not completely awful if you just go around to every faction and get to rank 2. Takes awhile though since you have to at least sign on for 7 days.

e: Thanks for the refit on the Griffin guys, it is very good.

Xenothral fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 16, 2015

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Vorenus posted:

Any thoughts on this? It's a Streakcrow but with dumbfire SRMs. I don't think I've ever seen one of these, but I think it looks like an amazing facewrecker.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=185&l=c4202ed97426c7b5cac94230a9cbcd9625eb1dd0

It's going to run hot as balls. I run the same thing but with a spl in the head and no artemis. I have a bunch of extra heatsinks and still overheat alot. Usually good for 800+ damage before I run dry too.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

with a spl in the head and no artemis.

What does Artemis do, liek in the context of MWO

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

SoftNum posted:

What does Artemis do, liek in the context of MWO

Tightens the spread, like the choke on a shotgun.

No-Artemis SRM6 might splash all over, but with Artemis you'd be more likely to get all/most of the missiles to hit the same location, or like CT and LT instead of literally all over.

I think it makes LRMs lock faster or something, but who cares aabout LRMs

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Pattonesque posted:

https://mwomercs.com/archer

one of them has nine missile hardpoints

It all makes sense.

Hope you enjoyed the SRMageddon, ladies. Prepare your buttholes for the impending SRM nerfs once the Archer hits c-bills.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Drakes posted:

Hows the grind for mechbays in CW?

Kinda wanna avoid CW all together but need those mechbays.

Anyone feels like doing an effort post on CW? I have no idea how it works, and when I've clicked on it I couldn't figure out how to drop. Do you need 1 mech per weight category to be able to drop? Can you drop everywhere, or only in the areas controlled by your faction? What are the differences between the various planets? What are the rewards?

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 16, 2015

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

WarLocke posted:

I think it makes LRMs lock faster or something, but who cares aabout LRMs

Lock faster and tightens the cluster, which stacked with a TAG can actually get most of the hits right onto the CT. However you will never meet a pubby who packs LRMs on a mech that can keep up with the fight, let alone fight people with direct line of sight and use their own TAG.

After the Legend-Killer, this Tempest paint looks so boring. And as good as the art is otherwise, there's no way it's going to keep that cool look when the arms get locked into the standard pose in-game. :sigh:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

If you're going for mass asrm4 boating on that archer then I guess you are trying to make it a brawler, which means it will need some speed. Which with IS means you will need an xl, which is dangerous with a brawler, especially with one that will probably carry explosives outside the legs and cockpit. So you're stuck with something like a Standard 260-270 on a 70 ton robert. It may be better to forego the artemis, which would free up 9 tons that you really need. Srm4 spread is decent without artemis so it may be doable.

I guess some months from now I'll hear someone confirm/deny that it works.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SoftNum posted:

I was looking at something like that too for my streakcrow but putting one of the -c pod son it and an LPL for poking.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=185&l=8b2c40bc78981f672dbfe132af6bad8ce587db50

I have a 5xaSRM-6 stormcrow. I have no other weapons on it, as it doesn't need any. It's a fearsome brawler that can hang with any other brawling medium, unlike the streakcrow. It wrecks faces, it wrecks butts, it just isn't any good in the open, and no single large laser can fix that.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Finster Dexter posted:

It all makes sense.

Hope you enjoyed the SRMageddon, ladies. Prepare your buttholes for the impending SRM nerfs once the Archer hits c-bills.

I really hate to buy into the level of cynicism required to go down this path, but it wouldn't be surprising. PGI has used gameplay balance as a tool for cash revenue in the past, and this would only be another example.

As always, the Golden Rule of MWO: Never give PGI money. Ever. Many of us have transgressed to varying degrees in the past (myself included) but a lot of you goony nerds keep reinstalling as soon as a good patch comes out and suddenly it's wallets out, forgetting that every.single.time. PGI does anything remotely good they follow it up by making cheesecloth of the playerbase's collective butthole. I'm looking at you, yoda.

Re: Tiers - Solo queue w/pubbies is bad, but after a few nights of dropping with goon groups wow is solo queue like a bucket of cold acid to the nuts.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 17, 2015

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I like running my non-streak crow with 3x SRM6 + 6x SPL. It's a little hot and maybe not quite as efficient, but I love me some wub. It was working pretty well even before the changes.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Vorenus posted:

I really hate to buy into the level of cynicism required to go down this path, but it wouldn't be surprising. PGI has used gameplay balance as a tool for cash revenue in the past, and this would only be another example.

As always, the Golden Rule of MWO: Never give PGI money. Ever. Many of us have transgressed to varying degrees in the past (myself included) but a lot of you goony nerds keep reinstalling as soon as a good patch comes out and suddenly it's wallets out, forgetting that every.single.time. PGI does anything remotely good they follow it up by making cheesecloth of the playerbase's collective butthole. I'm looking at you, yoda.

Re: Tiers - Solo queue w/pubbies is bad, but after a few nights of dropping with goon groups wow is solo queue like a bucket of cold acid to the nuts.

I was about to post the same thing... I love you, man.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Vorenus posted:

As always, the Golden Rule of MWO: Never give PGI money. Ever.

pls add to op

lol buy a mech and its not available to use for hours because reasons

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
kick all pubbies to death in front of their families imo

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
they'll probably cheer you on

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Vorenus posted:

As always, the Golden Rule of MWO: Never give PGI money. Ever.

But they have jpegs that move and shoot disco

I am going to whale grognard the poo poo out of this game

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Banano posted:

pls add to op

lol buy a mech and its not available to use for hours because reasons

As long as you didn't buy the jenner... :ssh:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Number19 make them put in Jamaican horns and a sad trombone war horn.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Vorenus posted:

Try dropping in CW for mech bays and end up with 7 brand new people from Steam, while facing off against a full 12 man that's running all arctic cheetahs (and have it happen 3 times in a row against 3 different groups). You get to hear the most out and out ridiculously retarded things. People coming in from Steam are buying clan mechs, just normal average mechs, for actual money because they think it lets them use it in IS drops. Out of 3 CW matches last night, I've had to tell that to multiple people and the rage coming through VOiP is just...something else, but not unexpected. One guy bought 4 clan mechs thinking that he could use them for his deck. We managed to tell only one person that they didn't need to buy mechs for actual money to take part in CW, and how to find the "edit" button that let's you select your mechs that you want in your drop deck.

I'm thinking about breaking my current contract and just going back to Clan Wolf for a while until some of this settles down...My heart can't take it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Haha the other group running in Beer Warriors teamspeak just started shouting "Oh poo poo it's Word of Lowtax!"

Good job, guys.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
hi thread just wanted to let you know that I played mechs tonight. it was fun but I had to stop playing so I wouldn't hit tier 3. also gently caress clan mechs okay?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
The shooting of the Roberts was fun tonight, call targets in groups and if you do CW nominate a yell boss.

Also, in the new star wars all of your favorite characters die.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

TeeMerk posted:

The shooting of the Roberts was fun tonight, call targets in groups and if you do CW nominate a yell boss.

Also, in the new star wars all of your favorite characters die.

But what if I like the Sith?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
It's nice to know that after all these years, KONG are still bad. We just dropped against an assault lance of them and cap warrior'd River City.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Bait and Swatch posted:

But what if I like the Sith?

They all die too, sorry friend.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

TeeMerk posted:

They all die too, sorry friend.

STAR WARS: ALL YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTERS ARE loving DEAD

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Trying to get into CW kinda has the same problems as it did a year ago, theres way too many zones and not enough players to fill them all. Warframe kinda had the same issue, where it was kinda lovely starting since there'd be no one to join in your missions and you'd have to ask around in the clan often.

Would really prefer to skip CW entirely if it didn't have mechbays attached to it. Which is kinda another thing I've never liked paying just to store stuff that you collect in games, especially here where you need to XP 3 mechs to get the most performance out of whatever you're running.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You can also win free mech bays just by participating in the occasional promo weekend event, which they used to run all the time.

Just need to spam matches, get an ok score and roll the dice on your prizes. Most prizes will be small amounts of MC or C-bills, but I have quite a few free warhorns and cockpit decorations from them too.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

Skoll posted:

It's nice to know that after all these years, KONG are still bad. We just dropped against an assault lance of them and cap warrior'd River City.

hey at least they dont loving cheat. KONG might be a bunch of idiot nerds much like ourselves, but at least i've never suspected them of any bullshit.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Damned by faint praise indeed.

CISscum
Nov 15, 2014
Are Marauders any good?
I like how derpy MAD looks and still have a soft spot for it from playing Mech Warrior.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CISscum posted:

Are Marauders any good?
I like how derpy MAD looks and still have a soft spot for it from playing Mech Warrior.

Yes.

So long as you keep your nose pointed at the Bad Guys and wiggle a bit (basically like a stalker or crab) you roll damage like a champ.

Don't even think about XL engines though. Your arms shield nothing.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
Is the only way to get the marauder in this game to buy that 20 dollar pack on the website?

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Mazreal posted:

Is the only way to get the marauder in this game to buy that 20 dollar pack on the website?

yeah but its only $8 more than buying the amount of premium time it comes with

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
PGI should offer a premium subscription service: for the low, low price of $40 a month you get all the robots released during that month and a point on your "premium rewards card". Premium Rewards Points can be cashed in for MC/EXCLUSIVE PREMIUM CAMOFLAGES and at the end of every calendar year if you have at least six points you get a free skinmech! 12 points on your card means you get a free GOLDEN skinmech of your choosing (except for Clan mechs, we can't infringe on the exclusivity of the $500 skins).

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Dec 17, 2015

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Wales Grey posted:

PGI should offer a premium subscription service: for the low, low price of $40 a month you get all the robots released during that month and a point on your "premium rewards card". Premium Rewards Points can be cashed in for MC/EXCLUSIVE PREMIUM CAMOFLAGES and at the end of every calendar year if you have at least six points you get a free skinmech! 12 points on your card means you get a free GOLDEN skinmech of your choosing (except for Clan mechs, we can't infringe on the exclusivity of the $500 skins).

As we've spoken about in the past, PGI are bad at business.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Nickiepoo posted:

As we've spoken about in the past, PGI are bad at business.

But oh so skilled at exploiting and easing the combined burden of a heavy wallet and childhood nostalgia.

Wales Grey posted:

Or maybe just go with a cheaper/less greedy microtransaction system, which works well when you have a large playerbase.*

*I'll take "Things PGI would have if they'd followed through on promises and avoided a greedy monetization scheme" for $500, Alex. Actually, I'll take that packaged with a gold Limited Supply Timber Wolf for $1000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Vorenus posted:

But oh so skilled at exploiting and easing the combined burden of a heavy wallet and childhood nostalgia.

Or maybe just go with a cheaper/less greedy microtransaction system, which works well when you have a large playerbase.*

*I'll take "Things PGI would have if they'd followed through on promises and avoided a greedy monetization scheme" for $500, Alex. Actually, I'll take that packaged with a gold Limited Supply Timber Wolf for $1000.

Gold timber wolves are sold out.

• Locked thread