Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Krinkle posted:

Donald scratches racism's back and Bigotry jerks him off. A symbiotic relationship cartoon.
:stare: oh. Oh. Now I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
edit; regarding the autist cage case
"Publishing [these photos do] not assist in getting to the truth or add any more insight as to why it was constructed."

Why's this defence becoming so common? I've only seen it in US police shooting cases before. "Publishing evidence doesn't help getting ~THE TRUTH~ out there". Does anyone actually buy this? :rolleyes:

Kirschen:

quote:

According to the LA Times:

A crudely written email threat to members of the Los Angeles Board of Education prompted officials to close all 900 schools in the nation’s second-largest school system Tuesday, sending parents from San Pedro to Pacoima scrambling to find day care — while New York law enforcement dismissed a nearly identical threat from the same sender as an obvious hoax.

The unprecedented districtwide shutdown reflected the tense atmosphere over possible terrorist attacks less than two weeks after two Islamic radicals opened fire at a workplace party in San Bernardino, killing 14.

L.A. Unified School District Supt. Ramon Cortines said he made the decision to order the school closures because he couldn’t take a chance with the system’s 640,000 students. -more

Might as well thow in the Ben:

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 17, 2015

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

sinking belle posted:

:stare: oh. Oh. Now I see it.

At the time I thought I was being facetious but I think that's actual text.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

:eng101: A nickelodeon was a small movie theater where admission was usually a nickel.

I thought a nickelodeon was a jukebox?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Trapezium Dave posted:

Also referencing the Canberra thing of locking autistic schoolkids in cages.

To be fair it isn't just Australia that does that. Happens in the States too. It doesn't make it right but Australia isn't the only country that does that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mr Interweb posted:

I thought a nickelodeon was a jukebox?

No. The song lyric someone quoted a little while back where it referred to a player piano was actually a misnomer.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why does Mary have a mustache?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Picnic Princess posted:

Why does Mary have a mustache?

It'sa Mario.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Trogdos! posted:

Might as well thow in the Ben:

Wait hold on I thought this guy was a libertarian, why is he against wall street fat cats? Or are they not quite job-creator-y enough for Garrison?

E: Or is it that they have more money than him and therefore must have gained it unfairly?

Somfin fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 17, 2015

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
Garrison is an odd duck. He's a bit of a mercenary, but the only opinion I'm confident that he actually holds and was not payed to express is that some nebulous coalition of the Global Elite and Bankers are bad.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Also referencing the Canberra thing of locking autistic schoolkids in cages.

Free translation service:
"Publishing [these photos do] not assist in getting to the truth or add any more insight as to why it was constructed."
=>
"Publishing the photos make me looks bad".

This remind me of a sci-fi story.... Ursula K. Le Guin - "These that abandon Omelas"

*random page that seems to quote the story*
http://genius.com/Ursula-k-le-guin-the-ones-who-walk-away-from-omelas-annotated

The end never fails to give me the feels:

...They leave Omelas, they walk ahead into the darkness, and they do not come back. The place they go towards is a place even less imaginable to most of us than the city of happiness. I cannot describe it at all. It is possible that it does not exist. But they seem to know where they are going, the ones who walk away from Omelas.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Dec 17, 2015

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Somfin posted:

E: Or is it that they have more money than him and therefore must have gained it unfairly?

P. much, since they use their vast wealth to lobby legislators to make laws favoring them.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Did Kirschen ever get around to making a comic about Jonathan Pollard post prison release?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He slapped some new text on an old image, it was very boring.

The MSM is famously shy of giving Trump any coverage. "Donald who?"

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 17, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

He slapped some new text on an old image, it was very boring.

Hey! You don't know how long he's waited to finally be able to slap that new text on that old image!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Did Kirschen ever get around to making a comic about Jonathan Pollard post prison release?

and

The first one is just an old comic with new text on it, that's why it looks so empty. He said

quote:

At last!.
I've waited decades to be able to draw this cartoon. The ability of antisemites to sell Americans (and American Jews) the idea that Pollard was anything but an American/Jewish hero has been and remains hard for me to swallow.
as if he actually drew anything new

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Dec 17, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Niton posted:

This is a stark version of it, but locking autistic kids in closets / empty rooms because "they're misbehaving" is An Accepted Thing among way too many special education providers :smith:

Putting autistic children in a bag is very common as far as I know. I think someone on the forums still has an avatar with a kid's head poking out of a sack from the thread about it years ago.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
How much of this stems from overwork/underpay issues.

Not a teacher wouldn't know.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

"He also said his ancestor Goody Patience Johnson was hanged as a witch at Salem. Yet another magic diaper baby-like Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley & naturally, Potter. It's not the White House, it's a wizard's tower."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

You've posted this before, haven't you? Several times a year starting from 2009, I think.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

Wait hold on I thought this guy was a libertarian, why is he against wall street fat cats? Or are they not quite job-creator-y enough for Garrison?

While libertarians are against most actual policies that would negatively affect financiers, they don't generally like them. They tend to see their success as part of a corporate-government conspiracy in which the Fed plays a central role. Somehow, abolishing the Fed/returning to specie currency (oh, and also scrapping all finance regulations) will strip them of their unjust power.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nenonen posted:

You've posted this before, haven't you? Several times a year starting from 2009, I think.

It's a big mountain you see. We haven't quite hit bottom yet.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The mainstream media is so desperate to constantly be talking about Donald Trump at all times that they would even stoop to thievery to decorate their set with his name. A Good Cartoon.

(seriously what reality is McCoy living in where the media is ignoring Donald Trump :confused:)

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The girl's shoe finished telling its conspiracy theory. Somebody - or something - from under a hill of snow gave out a haunting cry of celebration: "Woooo."

Jimmy stared straight ahead, afraid to acknowledge, his eyes wide with fear.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Niton posted:

This is a stark version of it, but locking autistic kids in closets / empty rooms because "they're misbehaving" is An Accepted Thing among way too many special education providers :smith:

You should never, under any circumstances, lock a child inside anything ever, but don't a not insignificant number of autistic people find enclosed spaces to be calming? I might be misremembering that, and it's not an excuse for teachers doing it to a student, I'm just curious if I'm remembering right.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who What Now posted:

You should never, under any circumstances, lock a child inside anything ever, but don't a not insignificant number of autistic people find enclosed spaces to be calming? I might be misremembering that, and it's not an excuse for teachers doing it to a student, I'm just curious if I'm remembering right.

The creator of the hugbox was autistic herself (drat I hope I remembered that right but oh well). A cage isn't really an enclosed space though now is it?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My love of sleeping Bags is starting to make sense.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

alnilam posted:

The girl's shoe finished telling its conspiracy theory. Somebody - or something - from under a hill of snow gave out a haunting cry of celebration: "Woooo."

Jimmy stared straight ahead, afraid to acknowledge, his eyes wide with fear.

I assumed it was Ric Flair hiding just out of sight.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Jerry Cotton posted:

The creator of the hugbox was autistic herself (drat I hope I remembered that right but oh well). A cage isn't really an enclosed space though now is it?

Yup, she is.

Wikipedia posted:

She regularly takes antidepressants, but no longer uses a squeeze-box (hug machine), a device which she invented at the age of 18 as a form of stress relief therapy,[14] stating in February 2010 that: "It broke two years ago, and I never got around to fixing it. I'm into hugging people now."[15]

That's really cute :shobon:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

So is it the editorial viewpoint of Investors' Business Daily that the interest rate hike is a bad thing? Are you loving sure you're not drawing this because Obama Bad, Ramirez?

Because congrats, you now agree with Robert Reich. Your cunning plan, might not've thought it through.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

loquacius posted:

The mainstream media is so desperate to constantly be talking about Donald Trump at all times that they would even stoop to thievery to decorate their set with his name. A Good Cartoon.

(seriously what reality is McCoy living in where the media is ignoring Donald Trump :confused:)

I don't think he's saying the media is ignoring him, I think he's implying the media is trying to hide that The Donald is a good candidate that many people support. Which is equally wrong, but a different kind of wrong.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

So is it the editorial viewpoint of Investors' Business Daily that the interest rate hike is a bad thing? Are you loving sure you're not drawing this because Obama Bad, Ramirez?

Because congrats, you now agree with Robert Reich. Your cunning plan, might not've thought it through.

That car has been falling off of that cliff for seven solid years, I'm sure eventually we'll start to feel some impact from it

(this will happen, according to Ramirez, roughly two months after the inauguration of the next Republican president, whenever that happens to be)

Kabanaw posted:

I don't think he's saying the media is ignoring him, I think he's implying the media is trying to hide that The Donald is a good candidate that many people support. Which is equally wrong, but a different kind of wrong.

It feels like the same kind of wrong to me

Like, the media, particularly the left-leaning media, is always all "TRUMP LEADS POLLS AGAIN; NATION DOOMED" with a picture of a giant frowny face. They are actually playing up Trump's support base.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure it's just "Interest rate hike? That ain't poo poo compared to OBAMA Driving Our Country Off A Cliff!!!!"

In short,

OBAMAAAAAA!!!:argh::arghfist::911:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I know what Pope is trying to convey, but it's really easy to interpret this cartoon as saying that corporate taxes are too high.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Did Obama actually say anything against the rate hike, or anything about it at all?

I'm confused. Is Obama.... bad? :ohdear:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure it's just "Interest rate hike? That ain't poo poo compared to OBAMA Driving Our Country Off A Cliff!!!!"

In short,

OBAMAAAAAA!!!:argh::arghfist::911:

Ahh, I gotcha.

So the big editorial point concerning the interest rate hike is that Obama = Still Sucks. Hope you're enjoying your money's worth, IBD subscribers.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, isn't it something about trying to prevent or reduce sensory overload (I'm sure I'm oversimplifying things, but)? It sounds cruel, mind, but it may not very well actually be cruel.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

This went uncommented upon, but isn't this literally "Boy, I Gary McCoy, sure do wish we lived in a military dictatorship"?

The fact that our commander-in-chief wears civvies is kind of an important constitutional intention. What I'm saying is "Openly fascist" is a totally accurate depiction of these assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Samuel Clemens posted:

I know what Pope is trying to convey, but it's really easy to interpret this cartoon as saying that corporate taxes are too high.

Uhhh

• Locked thread