Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Shaggar posted:

the news app on my windows 10 phone works great.

is the loving live tile for it still pink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

but hey says it's pretty good!

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

theres a big 'buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut....' at the end

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
the way the live titles keep rotating and moving and shifting text about is disgusting to me

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Mlyp

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
just bought a MacBook Pro 15 inch. shows up tomorrow after I turn in my current MacBook to my old job.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

why is the ios app store so bad. i did a search, left the app, came back 10 minutes later and the search results were all cleared and it doesnt have a history of what you searched for

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jenny Agutter posted:

why is the ios app store so bad. i did a search, left the app, came back 10 minutes later and the search results were all cleared and it doesnt have a history of what you searched for

its pretty bad :agreed:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

works on my windows phone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Tanith posted:

is the loving live tile for it still pink

live tiles use whatever your system color is so if your system color is pink then it would be pink. mines blue. but the live tiles have photos from the articles

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there's a couple things that point to apple's new display tech being 3D

first, it was rumoured some time ago that the 6S would be 3D. further back, apple has been adding 3D features to their interfaces, like parallax in iOS 7 and the app switcher in iOS 9. when announcing iOS 7 they touted the 3D nature of the UI rendering.

qirex posted:

I wish it was an rss reader then I could use it to read my custom curated list of independent content not mainstream garbage like huffpo and salon

feedly pro totally worth it

digg app unironically

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

digg has both a curated news section (it's good) and an RSS reader section. you could even import your Google Reader subscriptions at one point, but they may have ended that due to google not retaining them anymore.

digg now has a "digg dialogs" thing which is basically ad-hoc chat session that fires up about certain stories. you can talk to the authors of popular new articles, for example. they also embedded a stream of the CNN republican debates within the chat so you could watch and chat. they also moderate all messages on the fly to keep it not lovely.

surprisingly good poo poo. yeah, digg hosed up before. but in freakenomics fashion the perceived value of the digg brand (lol) has meant constant investment and innovation into it. it's like this weird oasis of the internet that everyone has written off.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar posted:

live tiles use whatever your system color is so if your system color is pink then it would be pink. mines blue. but the live tiles have photos from the articles

actually I guess they're transparent now or something and u can see the background thru them. its cool. it looks good. unlike ios 7+ which looks like garbage designed by garbage men

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
actually ios is extremely epic and win

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol no. ios is so bad

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
sony has a program called social life which is a good twitter+rssfeeds+news aggregator.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

digg app unironically

feedly already exists and is good and I'm happy to drop 2 figgies to them every year to keep it that way

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

PleasureKevin posted:

there's a couple things that point to apple's new display tech being 3D

first, it was rumoured some time ago that the 6S would be 3D. further back, apple has been adding 3D features to their interfaces, like parallax in iOS 7 and the app switcher in iOS 9. when announcing iOS 7 they touted the 3D nature of the UI rendering.

also, it is well-known that both tim cook and jonny ive occupy at least three spatial dimensions. it would be natural for these 3D beings to create a phone which faithfully represents their dimensional experiences

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Tim cuck would have preferred to call it 4D touch because he loves the extra Ds

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Tim: it's time...4Ds

audience: 4ds!?

Tims: yeah...4ds nuts

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Athletic Footjob posted:

Tim: it's time...4Ds

audience: 4ds!?

Tims: yeah...4ds nuts

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

should have been reggie. oh well

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
my MacBook Pro 15 inch with discrete graphics that I ordered this morning, will arrive tomorrow. thanks timb.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been using newsblur which needs a subscription but it has a web view which is way more useful to me than the app which is ugly but works well

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

haha you actually pay for the news??

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ios 9.2 update eliminated the ios9 interface lag on the best iphone, the stevephone 5. thanks jony.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the best phone is always the latest iphone

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Accidental Tech Podcast
148: Your Feelings Are Real

Managing and understanding negativity about Apple and technology today.

oh boy i can't wait :jerkbag:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

graph posted:

ios 9.2 update eliminated the ios9 interface lag on the best iphone, the stevephone 5. thanks jony.

iphone 5 was a good iphone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zen death robot posted:

What kind of sadsack motherfucker listens to podcasts they hate and tech websites they know they can't stand?

A Yospos Bitch.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

with a bs cs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

with a bs cs

Top 50?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

another good siracusa debunking episode but i think marco edited one siracusa part out after casey talks and it cuts straight to an ad. siracusa probably dumpstered them real hard and marco couldn't handle it cause hes a bitch

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

please ban cremnob for real

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
There are lots of good podcasts, ones solely about tech and video games are not on the list

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
how is cremnob even like still posting, i mean, i am a pretty dedicated apple user, but that poster makes me want to disavow

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

because cremnob is right

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Sniep posted:

how is cremnob even like still posting, i mean, i am a pretty dedicated apple user, but that poster makes me want to disavow

cremnob is a microsoft fifth column :ssh:

much like how shaggar is actually an apple fanatic discrediting microsoft with his antics

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

besides the misogyny i don't mind cremnob that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
there is no such thing as a good podcast about video games.

• Locked thread