Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Anyone else having trouble downloading F4W podcasts this morning? I'm in Downcast, I'm getting errors

Same. Download is failing in iTunes, but the direct link to the MP3 from the board is working for some reason. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the latest observer radio isn't even listed on the website right now so i'd guess they're having some kind of issue with it

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Abyss on the Art of Wrestling reveals that he has always made very dumb decisions turning down good money to fall on thumbtacks in front of nobody.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Abyss on the Art of Wrestling reveals that he has always made very dumb decisions turning down good money to fall on thumbtacks in front of nobody.

It is an old story. But "Don't Fire Eric" era Eric Young was based on Abyss's real life personality. He's really paranoid and insecure.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

"Don't Fire Eric" era Eric Young was based on Abyss's real life personality

I'm pretty sure this is based on the stupid decisions Eric himself made because he's done things as boneheaded as OFFERING to work for half his pay when he was told he was going to be cut.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I feel like "reveals" is not the correct word to use

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Luigi Thirty posted:

e: Jesus, she sounds like a wreck on this. She blames not wanting to be associated with Jim Cornette's racism, MLW being a complete clusterfuck, people sending her death threats because Konnan doesn't like her, people trolling her 24/7 on social media, not liking wrestling, and nobody listening to her political podcast when she stopped talking about wrestling. Of course the answer to all this is "good riddance loving bitch" from rednecks on the internet.

Yikes, I wondered how she made it this long, hearing her trying to play down Jim's rants every week.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Germ Incubator posted:

Yikes, I wondered how she made it this long, hearing her trying to play down Jim's rants every week.

Cornette's latest podcast specifically says the last straw was his latest anti-Muslim garbage.

And then he continued with it today while MSL sat speechless.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 17, 2015

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What are the other good observer podcasts? I listen to WOR and BV, and prefer the former but both are pretty good

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

St Evan Echoes posted:

What are the other good observer podcasts? I listen to WOR and BV, and prefer the former but both are pretty good

Do you listen to the Filthy Tom shows? If not you should.

Edit: Oh hey, the podcasts are downloading again in Downcast. Sweet.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Do you listen to the Filthy Tom shows? If not you should.

Edit: Oh hey, the podcasts are downloading again in Downcast. Sweet.
I don't and I will and hey they're working for me too, just in time for the commute home
:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Is there a contingent of people who don't care for Alice, but also think that calling people the C-word is dumb and bad? Because I'd fall into that category.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Filthy Tom is the best and I'm so glad he's got a show with Bryan. And sometimes Dave.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Is there a contingent of people who don't care for Alice, but also think that calling people the C-word is dumb and bad? Because I'd fall into that category.

I think you can not like her and also think that sending her death threats on Twitter is bad. I don't think she was a good match for Corny outside of trying to rein in his racism but I think MSL is even worse because he's so boring.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 17, 2015

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

St Evan Echoes posted:

I like listening to Alan4L's DKP show, their latest ep featured talk weather ladies, and commentary on various sauced up strangers outside of Lidl, where they were recording said show.
DragonKingKarl is also good for biographies and stuff.

And obv. Filthy Tom shows, he's aces.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Cornette's latest podcast specifically says the last straw was his latest anti-Muslim garbage.

Well it was prob the reason I stopped listening, the entertaining wrestling history/ road stories were fun for a while, but then I realized (re-realized?) everything else he talks about is problematic hot garbage.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

e: Jesus, she sounds like a wreck on this. She blames not wanting to be associated with Jim Cornette's racism, MLW being a complete clusterfuck, people sending her death threats because Konnan doesn't like her, people trolling her 24/7 on social media, not liking wrestling, and nobody listening to her political podcast when she stopped talking about wrestling. Of course the answer to all this is "good riddance loving bitch" from rednecks on the internet.

First off, if she felt uncomfortable with Cornette's opinions, that's perfectly fine and I don't fault her for leaving. That said...

Hahaha, she was upset with all the rednecks wanting to talk about nothing but wrestling on a Jim Cornette podcast? Is she seriously this dumb? Did she think people were downloading it to hear their political commentary.

And "Waaaa! No one was listening to my podcast." What an entitled baby.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Which one is Filthy Tom?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Luigi Thirty posted:

while MSL sat speechless.

If you're not a regular MLW listener, this is pretty fuckin' impressive.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Luigi Thirty posted:

From his Dec 10th show? What exactly did he say about muslims?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
The only reason I care about MLW is because it's the only place that would actually air Talkin Shop

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Super Ninja Fish posted:

From his Dec 10th show? What exactly did he say about muslims?

A 45 minute Bill Maher gone Super Saiyan rant about how they can't be trusted and they all want to kill us.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Muddy Burphy posted:

I kind of liked her, and I feel really bad for her the way some people have talked about her. Though I really wonder how you could devote yourself to a podcast about wrestling for so long if you don't like wrestling.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Luigi Thirty posted:

A 45 minute Bill Maher gone Super Saiyan rant about how they can't be trusted and they all want to kill us.

Hah. Did Alice argue with him or say anything negative about him in that podcast?

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Muddy Burphy posted:

The only reason I care about MLW is because it's the only place that would actually air Talkin Shop
Maybe his nephews can convince Big Dave to pick up the good brothers.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Wonder if you could get Cornette to describe Antonio Inoki as "one of the good ones."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alice sucks. Cornette sucks. Anything not Talk'n Shop on MLW sucks.

It's literally a podcast family filled with insufferable douchebags.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Muslims hate our freedoms. I'm sorry but its a fact

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Dave going way out of his way on WOR to defend the TakeOver crowd. I didn't see a ton of complaints about them, but my only issue was the disconnect between Nia Jax beating the hell out of Bayley while the happy-go-lucky crowd is just singing songs at Bailey.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Muddy Burphy posted:

Dave going way out of his way on WOR to defend the TakeOver crowd. I didn't see a ton of complaints about them, but my only issue was the disconnect between Nia Jax beating the hell out of Bayley while the happy-go-lucky crowd is just singing songs at Bailey.

Even that wasn't bad imo. They'd just do it while she was on the offense, stop when she gets initially wrecked by Jax, and then start again when she starts to make her comeback.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Hace posted:

Even that wasn't bad imo. They'd just do it while she was on the offense, stop when she gets initially wrecked by Jax, and then start again when she starts to make her comeback.

Yeah, it wasn't a huge complaint of mine. They were miles better than the Orlando crowd of late.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

sportsgenius86 posted:

The new Eastern Lariat podcast on there is really good. STRIGGA is a super knowledgeable guy about the current Japanese scene.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Hace posted:

Nah they were definitely singing while she was getting beaten down at points

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I didn't really have a problem with the singing while being beaten down thing. To me, it was fairly obvious the crowd was attempting to rally Bayley, as opposed to being disconnected from the match or whatever. Full Sail does a lot of poo poo for their own amusement, and I'm sure that played somewhat into the London crowd at times, but for the most part, everything yesterday was done in an effort to be a part of the match rather than an attempt to criticize it, so I'm fine with it. Honestly, if Bayley's being beaten down in near silence, I don't know that it would've worked as well for me. That was a very psychological, slow moving match and for as long as it lasted, a crowd in shock would've probably made it drag for me. The constant attempts to get Bayley to fight back added to it IMO.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sportsgenius86 posted:

I didn't really have a problem with the singing while being beaten down thing. To me, it was fairly obvious the crowd was attempting to rally Bayley, as opposed to being disconnected from the match or whatever. Full Sail does a lot of poo poo for their own amusement, and I'm sure that played somewhat into the London crowd at times, but for the most part, everything yesterday was done in an effort to be a part of the match rather than an attempt to criticize it, so I'm fine with it. Honestly, if Bayley's being beaten down in near silence, I don't know that it would've worked as well for me. That was a very psychological, slow moving match and for as long as it lasted, a crowd in shock would've probably made it drag for me. The constant attempts to get Bayley to fight back added to it IMO.

only singing when you're winning is the biggest crime of all.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Which one is Filthy Tom?

If you mean "Which shows are Filthy Tom on?" the Monday Figure Four Dailys are the Tom Shows.

If you mean "Who the gently caress is Filthy Tom?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bclhmIXwDmw

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

sportsgenius86 posted:

I like Alex Greenfield, I like Bauer and Pollock(and suspect that is because of john Pollock), and the Good Brothers. Everything else on MLW radio is awful. I wish I could like the MSL and Sullivan podcasts, but MSL sucks and I hate listening to Sullivan's old man ramble, and the more I hear about Konnan, the more I realize he is a nasty, hateful person.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dsriggs posted:

If you mean "Which shows are Filthy Tom on?" the Monday Figure Four Dailys are the Tom Shows.

If you mean "Who the gently caress is Filthy Tom?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bclhmIXwDmw
Yeah I just meant which RSS do I subscribe to

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

The new Eastern Lariat podcast on there is really good. STRIGGA is a super knowledgeable guy about the current Japanese scene.

STRIGGA's cool and I should def check that out. I just rarely get around to podcasts that aren't on F4W.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Wrestling Observer Radio's up

I thought they were just taking a break after those busy few days

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I can't really remember anything Alice said in any of those podcasts except that one time she talked about sex with Konnan. That had to be three or four years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

rotinaj posted:

I like Alex Greenfield, I like Bauer and Pollock(and suspect that is because of john Pollock), and the Good Brothers. Everything else on MLW radio is awful. I wish I could like the MSL and Sullivan podcasts, but MSL sucks and I hate listening to Sullivan's old man ramble, and the more I hear about Konnan, the more I realize he is a nasty, hateful person.

This is me, I subbed cause of writer's room and I just listen to whatever Greeny shows up on. Alice was good on VIP lounge.

What board is it people are commenting about Alice on? The official MLW forum doesn't seem to have any posts more recent than October.

• Locked thread