Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
Did you guys see that Trump got a key endorsement today:

quote:

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday described US Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump as "talented" and "outstanding," welcoming his stance on Russia.

"He is a very outstanding man, unquestionably talented," Putin told journalists after his annual press conference in Moscow.

"It's not up to us to judge his virtue, that is up to US voters, but he is the absolute leader of the presidential race," Putin added.

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-calls-trump-outstanding-talented-man-agencies-005747627.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Yes that has been posted like five times now.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I wonder how Sanders will vote for the Omnibus bill

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Seems hypocritical since Putin doesn't much care for businessmen in politics.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Democracy for America, the former Dean for America organization, endorsed Bernie today, despite a plea from Dean to support Hillary.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

New Yorker is giving The Onion a run for its money:

Borowitz has been killing it lately.

Chilling Video Terrifies Nation

quote:

CREDIT PHOTOGRAPH BY JOSHUA LOTT/AFP/GETTY
LAS VEGAS (The Borowitz Report)—Authorities were urging people to remain calm on Tuesday night after the broadcast of a chilling video that terrified millions.

The video, which was broadcast nationally on CNN, appeared to show nine extremists glaring into the camera and making a series of escalating threats.

The radicals’ increasingly violent rhetoric and palpable hatred rattled viewers across the nation, sources said.

Carson Announces Detailed Plan to Google Syria

quote:

DES MOINES (The Borowitz Report)—In a major foreign-policy announcement on Wednesday, the Republican Presidential candidate Ben Carson unveiled a detailed plan to Google Syria.

Speaking in Iowa, the retired neurosurgeon told an audience of supporters, “Any responsible policy on Syria must begin with a fact-finding mission, and such a mission must begin with Googling.”

He said that “Google holds the key” to many questions about Syria. “Where is it? Who lives there? How many square miles is it? These are all things that have to be pinned down,” he said.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Property tax is really the only way because it's super easy for the very rich to skirt income taxes.

While it is true that the very rich have avenues to skirt income taxes, that doesn't mean a state cannot fund itself primarily through an income tax. Several do.

Granted, Oregon has some other advantages in terms of retaining affluent residents that are difficult to reproduce in, say, Oklahoma.

Fried Chicken posted:

Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin to gently caress with

Y'know, RZA did tweet a few days ago about giving Bill Murray a ring...and a matter of days later Murray's in New York pulling together students of verse. Coincidence?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

McDowell posted:

The affluenza kid might have violated his probation and fled the country. He should have been executed when he used 'I'm sociopathic' as a legal defense.

Speaking of little pieces of poo poo that should be in jail

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

:patriot:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

zoux posted:

mmmmmm

The one time that the police don't needlessly punch a detained person.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Is it wrong that I would be perfectly fine with one of those cops mistaking their taser for their gun?

Or am I totally broken remembering that the cop that did that only got like 2 years?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oooh here's a whole gallery.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Fried Chicken posted:

Same, but not everyone is as high minded as we are, most of the plebes go to see the pedestrian combat with "lazer swords"

Shut up, lightsaber has totally been in the collective lexicon for a while now. Hell, even autocorrect thinks it's fine.

Also, for everyone mentioning the alleged Bill Murray heist clause in the Shaolin contract- wasn't that proven to be fake?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Maybe he can manage to get shanked in low-security prison. Quite the feat but I think we have the man for the job.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

A Winner is Jew posted:

Is it wrong that I would be perfectly fine with one of those cops mistaking their taser for their gun?

Or am I totally broken remembering that the cop that did that only got like 2 years?

Him dying isn't going to fix anything, I'd much rather him rot in jail for a while, or be forced to work as a low level clerk at the DMV or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's going to happen is he's going to pay a fraction of his net worth in fines and he'll be back antagonizing us on twitter by St. Patty's day.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A Winner is Jew posted:

Also misremembering that the guy wasn't really a cop.

Edit: and I misremembering that that actually happened before :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

zoux posted:

What's going to happen is he's going to pay a fraction of his net worth in fines and he'll be back antagonizing us on twitter by St. Patty's day.

Isn't he in horrible debt thanks to being a terrible fund manager?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Isn't he in horrible debt thanks to being a terrible fund manager?

I dunno he just dropped $2 mil on a vanity purchase to troll the United States of America.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Also, for everyone mentioning the alleged Bill Murray heist clause in the Shaolin contract- wasn't that proven to be fake?

You shut your whore mouth, let us have this

yeah of course it was

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

zoux posted:

I dunno he just dropped $2 mil on a vanity purchase to troll the United States of America.

Yeah but the articles imply he was funding his lifestyle through illegal corporate raiding.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah but the articles imply he was funding his lifestyle through illegal corporate raiding.

Look I hope he ends up in prison or penury but if I've learned anything from the last 10 years it's that the good and right thing never happens.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I still love that one of the potential outcomes here is that he has to hand over the album to the US as a part of his asset forfeiture and then Obama becomes the holder of the Wu-Tang Secret.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wonder how much it'll go for at police auction.

Haha, that disc will disappear instantly lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Kurieg posted:

I still love that one of the potential outcomes here is that he has to hand over the album to the US as a part of his asset forfeiture and then Obama becomes the holder of the Wu-Tang Secret.

Someone's already put in a FoI request for it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

zoux posted:

FTC won't let him. If he is found guilty of any of this, he's going to be a pariah in the trading world, and considering what he is being charged with I doubt any company would touch him with a 9 foot pole.

He's likely going to be blacklisted from trading and be on the Right Wing Radio circuit in no time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

FTC won't let him. If he is found guilty of any of this, he's going to be a pariah in the trading world, and considering what he is being charged with I doubt any company would touch him with a 9 foot pole.

He's likely going to be blacklisted from trading and be on the Right Wing Radio circuit in no time.

But what's going to happen in our timeline, which is the worst one?

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I hope the album is confiscated and the tracks are used as background music on the treasury.gov website.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Look I hope he ends up in prison or penury but if I've learned anything from the last 10 years it's that the good and right thing never happens.

he doesn't have the connections of most of the rich class, he's a gauche outsider

he'll end up in prison just like bernie madoff did

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

He raided a company, short sold trades that undercut others, possibly did a pump and dump on his own company.

Nobody is going to touch him. After this, he likely won't be allowed to make trades unless through another firm, if he's that lucky.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 17, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

Inverse Bruce Wayne, basically

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zoux posted:

Vice President in the Trump administration.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

eviltastic posted:

Y'know, RZA did tweet a few days ago about giving Bill Murray a ring...and a matter of days later Murray's in New York pulling together students of verse. Coincidence?

I will always love this picture.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

zoux posted:

Once you actually get arrested for securities fraud, you're generally in a spot of bother.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Once you actually get arrested for securities fraud, you're generally in a spot of bother.

That's the thing: Almost doesn't matter if they even convict at this point, he's outed himself as a pariah both socially and financially, his previous companies are out for his blood, the FBI arrested him for securities fraud, which likely means they have enough to convict and are confident about it.

He's not going to be trading anymore, and companies are never likely to even let this man near the helm of a company again. Hope he was smart enough to pack away some emergency funds somewhere, because they are likely going to bleed him dry.

They are not bleeding him dry because he's a bad guy, they are bleeding him dry because he called attention to stuff like this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

CommieGIR posted:

FBN should hire him to moderate the next Republican debate.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

They've been investigating him for a year. They don't arrest until they're certain they can convict.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

They've been investigating him for a year. They don't arrest until they're certain they can convict.

Yeah, I remember when he first popped up in the news, even then they'd been investigating him for Fraud for what....5 years?

The idiot was already under the gun and decided to flaunt himself thinking he would come out on top when he should've kept his head down.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, I remember when he first popped up in the news, even then they'd been investigating him for Fraud for what....5 years?

The idiot was already under the gun and decided to flaunt himself thinking he would come out on top when he should've kept his head down.

Impressive that he was only 27 and earned an investigation.

I'm still paying off my Nissan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Fried Chicken posted:

Your $8 will be well spent.

8 dollars? When are you posting from? loving 1999?

• Locked thread