Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

hanales posted:

By the end of it I was sad, because I know that kid is going to shoot up a school.

It ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Straight up though, cutting a babydick is weird in 2015.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

hanales posted:

By the end of it I was sad, because I know that kid is going to shoot up a schoolcircumcision clinic.

Fixed it for you.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

It's not exactly a huge deal, though

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wanamingo posted:

Not quite to the extent of basically going insane on a Silent Hill wiki, no... That was certainly something.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

88h88 posted:

Wanamingo posted:

:regd08:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

https://twitter.com/cymrogav/status/677129406624698368

Dude who has seen Star Wars spoils the hell out of it to a guy who spoiled 3 TV shows for him in the past. (No spoilers visible in the linked tweet.)

yes the best way to spoil something is to make it extremely obvious you are about to spoil it so they don't have to read it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The admins for the entire wikia system got involved, since he was the head admin for the SH wiki, and blocked him from the wikia system (since he'd apparently started spreading his circumcision craziness to other game wikis he was an also an admin at).

At least he saved us the trouble of figuring out what forums he posted to if/when he goes off the deep end in real life, assuming his username is his real name.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Silent hill drives everyone insane eventually

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Brightman posted:

Sounds like it's time for Mr. Murray and the Wu Tang Clan to attempt their heist or caper.

He's actually in my bowling league. I'll let him know the time is right on Monday.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

quote:

When Hillary Clinton tried one more time last month to get him to cut the [drug's] cost, he dismissed her with the tweet “lol.” At a Forbes summit in New York this month, wearing a hooded sweatshirt, he said if he could have done it over, “I probably would have raised the price higher,” adding, “my investors expect me to maximize profits.”

What was this guy thinking? Did he want the extra scrutiny?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mizuti posted:

What was this guy thinking? Did he want the extra scrutiny?

That was secondary to the amount of attention he was getting. Not to mention he's delusional and pretty much an idiot. I can hardly wait to hear just how much money he blew through to pay off his own debts. poo poo like buying that Wu-Tang album for a few million will not help him at all.

He's going to end up in jail because his hedge fund probably ripped off a lot of rich people.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Regalingualius posted:

The admins for the entire wikia system got involved, since he was the head admin for the SH wiki, and blocked him from the wikia system (since he'd apparently started spreading his circumcision craziness to other game wikis he was an also an admin at).

At least he saved us the trouble of figuring out what forums he posted to if/when he goes off the deep end in real life, assuming his username is his real name.

Alex Shepard is from SH: Homecoming, so it's unlikely anyone will find more crazy under that name.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Regalingualius posted:

It was a wild ride from start to finish, but Alex Shepherd is the name of a character in Silent Hill: Homecoming. You'll know when he reregisters because Silent Hill (and Xenogears/Xenosaga) Wikias will start having long, anti-male genital mutilation rants on every character's bio.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think my favorite part of the SH meltdown that people are overlooking is the part where he announced that he knew the underlying themes of the game series better than other people solely because he was only 4 when the first game came out, because there's any logic to be found in that sentence.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Jesus christ did Shkreli have it coming. You make yourself the personification of greed, laugh in the face of people who have real power and flaunt your wealth at every turn while being as despicable a human being as possible. All the while knowing you have a massive fraud case chasing you down -- a case than involves stealing large sums of money from very wealthy people. The very kind of people who have the power and means to prosecute you to the ends of the earth.

Like, he could get a 50-year sentence to a maximum-security prison with the stipulation he be placed in general population and people would be 'good, suits that fucker right'. It takes a special kind of human cancer to draw up that kind of revulsion.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

LawfulWaffle posted:

It was a wild ride from start to finish, but Alex Shepherd is the name of a character in Silent Hill: Homecoming. You'll know when he reregisters because Silent Hill (and Xenogears/Xenosaga) Wikias will start having long, anti-male genital mutilation rants on every character's bio.

I'm at school now (so like hell am I opening that article now), but I could've sworn he was using another username that looked like a real name in that private chat he had with VoidBurger relatively early on in the shitstorm.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Regalingualius posted:

Really, really NSFW due to the subject matter (not any of the actual content), but this is the greatest loving trainwreck in a while: https://storify.com/jasperrolls/the-silent-hill-wiki-circumcision-meltdown-of-2015

I can't believe I read that whole page but god drat was it worth it; I'm not always the most level-headed person but it comforts me in a weird way that there are people like that to make me look better.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Someone get George Zimmerman on the phone, STAT!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

acejackson42 posted:

Jesus christ did Shkreli have it coming. You make yourself the personification of greed, laugh in the face of people who have real power and flaunt your wealth at every turn while being as despicable a human being as possible. All the while knowing you have a massive fraud case chasing you down -- a case than involves stealing large sums of money from very wealthy people. The very kind of people who have the power and means to prosecute you to the ends of the earth.

Like, he could get a 50-year sentence to a maximum-security prison with the stipulation he be placed in general population and people would be 'good, suits that fucker right'. It takes a special kind of human cancer to draw up that kind of revulsion.

I think a big part of his fuckup is that even though he's rich, he's effectively powerless among his peers. He got himself wealthy extremely fast through scams and willingly burns bridges and pisses people off while giving them the finger and daring people to stop him, which means he doesn't have any of the connections or friendships that similarly wealthy people developed. So he pisses off and robs a bunch of people who are similarly wealthy and have connections, power, and knowledge while thinking that he's as untouchable as a Rockefeller or Koch because he has a big bank account.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Not to mention this little snot nose kid sees the big old-money boardrooms play a game of robbing the little people blind by gouging medicine prices to obscene levels and thinks "hey, I can play that game too, all on my own!" Then is shocked when after trying it without the squadron of lawyers and without putting money in congressmen's pockets he gets thrown immediately under the bus by those old money boardrooms he waves his middle finger at.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

That was secondary to the amount of attention he was getting. Not to mention he's delusional and pretty much an idiot. I can hardly wait to hear just how much money he blew through to pay off his own debts. poo poo like buying that Wu-Tang album for a few million will not help him at all.

He's going to end up in jail because his hedge fund probably ripped off a lot of rich people.

Delusional is right, have you read this interview? http://hiphopdx.com/interviews/id.2825/title.martin-shkreli-plans-to-bail-out-bobby-shmurda

I actually came away from reading that thinking sociopath, but I'm far from an expert.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Scarf posted:

Someone get George Zimmerman on the phone, STAT!

:chanpop: :chanpop: :chanpop:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

Not to mention this little snot nose kid sees the big old-money boardrooms play a game of robbing the little people blind by gouging medicine prices to obscene levels and thinks "hey, I can play that game too, all on my own!" Then is shocked when after trying it without the squadron of lawyers and without putting money in congressmen's pockets he gets thrown immediately under the bus by those old money boardrooms he waves his middle finger at.

Snot nosed kid? The guy's 32

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
e: double post

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I think a big part of his fuckup is that even though he's rich, he's effectively powerless among his peers. He got himself wealthy extremely fast through scams and willingly burns bridges and pisses people off while giving them the finger and daring people to stop him, which means he doesn't have any of the connections or friendships that similarly wealthy people developed. So he pisses off and robs a bunch of people who are similarly wealthy and have connections, power, and knowledge while thinking that he's as untouchable as a Rockefeller or Koch because he has a big bank account.

...did I read that right? This dude was basically a trainee at some hedgefond guy's company, decides to start his own, and proceeds to completely fail at procuring any money at all, while covering it all up with bigger and bigger lies. Eventually, he starts imitating that pharmacy price scheme, only he's much, much stupider about it, wastes even more money and brags about it. He gets sued by everyone who holds power, but he keeps bullshitting ahead. Surprise, it doesn't work anymore, now his house of cards collapses.

How the gently caress could it get this far? This sounds like a colossal fuckup at every level. How can a dipshit like this, who manages to lose investor's 3 million almost completely in no time, even scrounge up 3 million to begin with? How did ANYONE ever trust that guy?

I'm reading about this story for the first time, and it boggles my mind. How the hell could a guy like that start out big and keep snowballing? How?! :psyduck:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Torquemadras posted:

...did I read that right? This dude was basically a trainee at some hedgefond guy's company, decides to start his own, and proceeds to completely fail at procuring any money at all, while covering it all up with bigger and bigger lies. Eventually, he starts imitating that pharmacy price scheme, only he's much, much stupider about it, wastes even more money and brags about it. He gets sued by everyone who holds power, but he keeps bullshitting ahead. Surprise, it doesn't work anymore, now his house of cards collapses.

How the gently caress could it get this far? This sounds like a colossal fuckup at every level. How can a dipshit like this, who manages to lose investor's 3 million almost completely in no time, even scrounge up 3 million to begin with? How did ANYONE ever trust that guy?

I'm reading about this story for the first time, and it boggles my mind. How the hell could a guy like that start out big and keep snowballing? How?! :psyduck:

Purely conjecture, but I think that the way he bought things like he had all the money convinced people he had the cash

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
There's a lesson to be learned here. It's ok to gently caress the poor but if you screw over the rich you go to jail.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bum the Sad posted:

There's a lesson to be learned here. It's ok to gently caress the poor but if you screw over the rich you go to jail.

If you're just learning that lesson then I hope your high school graduation party is a lot of fun.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Scarf posted:

He's actually in my bowling league. I'll let him know the time is right on Monday.

Actually I think I saw something saying the fbi seized the album so maybe not the best time for the caper.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I think he raided the funds of companies he was put in charge of and then put the money back at a later date before anyone uncovered the crime.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

MalleusDei posted:

Delusional is right, have you read this interview? http://hiphopdx.com/interviews/id.2825/title.martin-shkreli-plans-to-bail-out-bobby-shmurda

I actually came away from reading that thinking sociopath, but I'm far from an expert.

lol

First he goes on and one about how he doesn't give a poo poo what people think and he's proud of that. Then he bitches about RZA dissing him. He really does seem like a sociopath, like it's genuinely a mystery to him that if you go out of your way to not be liked people will, in fact, neither like nor respect you. They won't even care how you feel about that.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Awesome, and exactly what they'd like.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Turns out I was wrong about that and they haven't seized the album yet:

quote:

Kelly Langmesser, and FBI spokesperson, told a Gawker reporter that there was “no seizure” at Shkreli’s midtown apartment this morning. When asked to clarify that the Wu-Tang album specifically had not been taken, she confirmed that it had not. (It’s possible that the record wasn’t even in the apartment—when Businessweek broke the news of the sale earlier this month, Shkreli hadn’t even heard Shaolin yet, and it’s unclear whether he’s even taken delivery of the physical album.)

It’s also possible that Shaolin will be taken by the feds at a later date. The indictment specifies that property might be seized from Shkreli upon conviction, and he’s only just been arrested this morning.
http://gawker.com/the-feds-didnt-seize-shkrelis-wu-tang-album-this-mornin-1748535589

Edit: VV Yo.

Brightman has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Dec 17, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bum the Sad posted:

You can screw over the rich, too. The problem is that you need your own battalion of lawyers, friends, and greased palms in politics and courts to make sure that you can actually play ball. Shkreli seems to think that the only thing that rich people have that makes them so powerful is money (as opposed to connections) and therefore having money gives him power.

In reality, he got juuuuuust enough power to give him the strength to piss off people bigger than him.

Drone_Fragger posted:

I think he raided the funds of companies he was put in charge of and then put the money back at a later date before anyone uncovered the crime.

That's basically it. He got investors in his hedge fund to give him millions with the promise of getting more in return, but actually spent all the money on himself. He then played a sort of shell game, making agreements and shuffling money and stocks around to try and pay it off. Like he illegally took stock and sold it for cash. In one case his hedge fund made an investment in Retrophin (the biotech company he was CEO of), so he falsely reclassified it as a loan as an excuse for Retrophin to "pay it off", which gave him the money to resolve yet another dispute. He was playing a really dangerous game and scrambling around to try and pretend that money existed when it didn't, and point blank robbing his own company when he had to. It was a fragile house of cards waiting to collapse.

Brightman posted:

Actually I think I saw something saying the fbi seized the album so maybe not the best time for the caper.

They haven't seized it yet, but if he's not able to pay what he owes then the government can seize the album if it has any connection to his ill-gotten gains.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
So just smart enough to get himself in serious, serious trouble with the worst kind of (legal) people, but not enough intelligence to make things work properly. Actually, making things work properly was probably never his goal -- just thought he could build this house of cards to the moon.

I'll give him credit, he made it to his thirties before it all caught up to him. It's rather incredible that someone could be that smart and that loving stupid at the same time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

acejackson42 posted:

So just smart enough to get himself in serious, serious trouble with the worst kind of (legal) people, but not enough intelligence to make things work properly. Actually, making things work properly was probably never his goal -- just thought he could build this house of cards to the moon.

I'll give him credit, he made it to his thirties before it all caught up to him. It's rather incredible that someone could be that smart and that loving stupid at the same time.

That's the impression I got. He had just enough balls and smarts to trick rich people into giving him money, but was too greedy and stupid (and yeah, probably sociopathic) to build on his momentum. Instead he started really obviously loving around and stealing money. Jacking up the price of the toxoplasmosis treatment just to get richer probably did nothing to endear him either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah, the truth is he probably would've gotten away with it for a lot longer without doing that, but media coverage made him a target for subsequent scrutiny, as well as nuked any political goodwill he may have had among the rich and powerful. Because, even IF rich people happened to agree with him, they also understand the important social nature of 'guilt by association', and don't appreciate suddenly being lumped in with pharma douche just because they knew/worked with/socialized with him. So anyone he shook hands with is going to distance themselves, and any power he was gaining is just gone because no one wants to be seen as the person who helps this rear end in a top hat.