Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spellman
May 31, 2011

Spectacle Rock posted:

So, as far as the Wii U goes we've got the following in the future.

#FE
Star Fox Zero
Zelda Wii U

Am I forgetting anything? The big one I'm looking forward to is Zelda Wii U. Give us a freaking subtitle!

I really want Star Fox to be good, but the new controls worry me. They did say we're getting a Peppy Hare Amiibo right? I might just buy the Amiibo because Peppy is the best.
The HD remake of Twilight Princess too. C'mon, Spectacle Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Spectacle Rock posted:

#FE
Star Fox Zero
Zelda Wii U

Am I forgetting anything? The big one I'm looking forward to is Zelda Wii U. Give us a freaking subtitle!

I really want Star Fox to be good, but the new controls worry me. They did say we're getting a Peppy Hare Amiibo right? I might just buy the Amiibo because Peppy is the best.

LoZ: TP HD
Pokken Tournament
Dragon Quest X
And umm a Mario and Sonic Olympics thingy

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Will trilight princess hd have gamepad/pro controls like wind waker hd or have wiimote controls? This will effect my purchase.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Cyron posted:

Will trilight princess hd have gamepad/pro controls like wind waker hd or have wiimote controls? This will effect my purchase.

the trailer showed button prompts for the gamepad/pro controller.

also it's using gamecube version of the world map (meaning left-handed link)

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The video in the direct showed items mapped to x and y buttons, plus Link is wielding a sword left-handed. So gamepad controls, almost definitely.

E:f,b.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Well I am buying trilight princess agian! Never had the gc version and can only handle waggle once per playthough

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

My finger almost slipped and bought Devils Third, but I went and read reviews instead and I feel better.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

good, save the limited supply for the Real gamers

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

fozzy fosbourne posted:

LoZ: TP HD
Pokken Tournament
Dragon Quest X
And umm a Mario and Sonic Olympics thingy

When did they announce that DQ10 was making the jump overseas?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Spectacle Rock posted:

Speaking of Mario, Nintendo posted today that on December 21 we get a free update to Super Mario Maker. We get some new stuff for courses too!

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151217005351/en/Dec.-21-Super-Mario-Maker-Update-Adds

Koopa Flame Car!

:yeah:

They aren't slopes, but those are all good things for an even better game. I'm glad they're supporting shmup levels with that Clown Car. :)

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

When did they announce that DQ10 was making the jump overseas?

Oh my bad, it's probably not

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

super mario maker update posted:

P Warp Doors: Unlike regular Warp Doors, these are only visible while a P Switch is active – perfect for creating truly devious Ghost House courses.

Yesssss... I have a huge boner for making puzzle levels with tons of doors, so this is great, this doubles the puzzle potential...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

on the other hand, i hate them and see myself skipping a lot of ghost houses in the future

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

any time I play a stage where there's a multiple choice door section, I give it one shot. if the door takes me back to the start of dumps me in an insta death cage or whatever, I immediately skip the stage because I don't have time for that bullshit

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Spectacle Rock posted:

#FE
Star Fox Zero
Zelda Wii U

Twilight Princess HD
Pokken Tournament
Persona Fire Emblem Garbage Simulator
maybe some left-field localisation like Taiko Drum Master or loving Just Dance Yokai Watch or something

Miyamoto didn't seem fussed about Amiibo integration with Starfox, just little bonuses for people who already owned Fox/Falco.

Louisgod posted:

DQX too but who cares really.

DQX isn't coming.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

any time I play a stage where there's a multiple choice door section, I give it one shot. if the door takes me back to the start of dumps me in an insta death cage or whatever, I immediately skip the stage because I don't have time for that bullshit

Get ready for the worst feeling ever when they make you find the hidden P switch to activate the door that kills you.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Target has Yoshi's Woolly World for $35: http://www.target.com/p/yoshi-s-woolly-world-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-15752395#prodSlot=medium_1_21&term=wii+u+games

They also have NSMBU + Luigi U for $45: http://www.target.com/p/new-super-mario-bros-u-new-super-luigi-u-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-49173601#prodSlot=_1_9

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
boston is a horrible place to live unless you're white and fat

e: wrong thread, but still true

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 18, 2015

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

boston is a horrible place to live unless you're white and fat

glad to hear you're enjoying beantown :D

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

boston is a good drinking town

also the science museum, aquarium, and fenway park are all rad

other than that its a horrible place to be

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Paper Triangle posted:

please remember this when there all the new characters have gigantic gazongas

kamiya is a legs/rear end man, c'mon dude

Spectacle Rock posted:

I know this was a joke, but could you imagine if Nintendo actually did announce a game with that title? I'd buy it! It'd buy it in a heartbeat.

It'd be great if the game didn't take itself seriously like Paper Mario. Go beat Ganon, AGAIN!

wasn't this basically wind waker

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Raserys posted:

You'd better be talking about Paper Mario 64, I will not tolerate any dissing of TTYD

Snes or gtfo :colbert:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
#FE genuinely looks really good. Anyone dissing it has only seen that dumb trailer I promise you. You people are disgusting.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Both Paper Mario games are better than RPG

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

super mario rpg wasn't as good as The Thousand Year Door, sorry

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

oddium posted:

he's right. because (wait until you get a load of this one, and if you already know what's coming please act like you're surprised): ..... Super Mario Rpg Is Better Than The Thousand Year Door

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Speaking of truth in video game names, a third is about the percentage the game is receiving in reviews

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

oddium posted:

You're wrong and should feel bad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

super mario rpg isn't even as good as superstar saga

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium speaks the truth

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Mario can move and jump faster in SMRPG than any of the others, so it gets my vote

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mario rpg owns

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oddium is extremely correct

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There probably shouldn't be any more Mario RPGs.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like Mario RPG but hardly any of it felt "Mario"

Like there might be a goomba or a boo in a place or two but most of the enemies and poo poo are just out there like Belome and whatever. I like TTYD better and wish I could play it again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There probably shouldn't be any more Mario RPGs.

Yeah there should be Bowser RPGs instead.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

oddium posted:

super mario rpg isn't even as good as superstar saga

While I think we can all agree that #fe will be better than all previous RPG's combined, TTYD just isn't as good as SMRPG.

Sorry you have bad opinions about video games.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can i put nintendont on the same external as all my wii u games

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like Mario RPG but hardly any of it felt "Mario"

Like there might be a goomba or a boo in a place or two but most of the enemies and poo poo are just out there like Belome and whatever. I like TTYD better and wish I could play it again.

You'll be glad to know that Paper Jam follows the Sticker Star edict of "use as many traditional SMB characters and as few original characters as possible".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

SMRPG hasn't aged very well, the isometric view makes the "platforming" needlessly difficult, and the battles aren't nearly as good. This is my opinion but it is also a fact.

• Locked thread