Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
DioDio's Bizarre Adventure looks cool as gently caress.

It's not gonna be good to actually play, but everything else is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The are too many combinations that are missing a DHA, even if it's a pretty low effort one.

There's no way in hell that DIO/Diego's World shouldn't have a DHA. It basically writes itself.

DIO's Time stop > MUDAMUDAMUDA rush to send them flying towards Diego, who does the same and then they play tennis together with a poor dude/she dude.

e: Ice and DIO don't have one either and that could be really simple stuff.
Have Ice jump into his ball, shoot at the enemy, have them move to dodge and then DIO do a time stop trick like on Polly to move them into the path of it or something.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 17, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The PB and SC Dio one is certainly cooler than the others, but it feels like something's missing. I can't really describe what, but something about it bugs me.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I only had time to watch the first vid, but a lot of these feel a little too short, and feel more like 1-2 punches than combos

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Death Bot posted:

I only had time to watch the first vid, but a lot of these feel a little too short, and feel more like 1-2 punches than combos

Wasn’t one of the big complaints about ASB that the specials took way too long? They probably wanted to keep things pretty brief.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A lot of the supers are exactly the same as they were the in ASB right down to PB Dio's even having the exact same voice clips. Some were changed like SC Dio and Jotaro, basically anything that either was insanely long or affected actual gameplay in any way like stopping the timer or making the character transform. For the most part though, this game is reused assets from ASB and most of the new characters all have really simple looking supers because they probably both couldn't be bothered to make anything flashier and/or wanted shorter supers because there are now four characters and stopping all momentum for your dumb cutscenes super is bad especially with how long some ASB ones are.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It can't be worse than J Stars Victory, where there's a long powering up animation that happens twice per round. Then after activating it you can spam your long cinematic super attack a few times in a row.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New JoJolion is out now (basically, give it a couple of hours for the Japanese readers to start uploading it).
Part 4 preview on Saturday

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

wait, what

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Broseph Brostar posted:

It can't be worse than J Stars Victory, where there's a long powering up animation that happens twice per round. Then after activating it you can spam your long cinematic super attack a few times in a row.

Nothing is worse than J-Star not even ASB

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jump Festa, so the little teaser/preview

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh, somehow i'd forgotten about that

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

New JoJolion is out now (basically, give it a couple of hours for the Japanese readers to start uploading it).

Christmas comes early apparently! :black101:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5mHKLu16s

A trailer for coloured JoJolion

Crossposting this

e: and adding this

waifu2x'd

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 18, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Character design pics people are tweeting from Jump Festa.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
So is the zig-zag thing in Rohan's hair a headband or what? In the normal world I'd say obviously but Araki-world is so weird that it could very well be a layer of plastic that grows out of a specific section of his hair.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's one of those crowns you get in a Christmas cracker.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Additional stuff pulled from here

Too bad Oku's blurry but I'll see better stuff soon enough I imagine. I think the nose stuff that a few people were worried about is not gonna be a big deal, this looks good to me (going mostly off rohan and josuke, obviously)

e: here's a better Okuyasu :allears:

Jotaro somehow looks short ahhah

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 19, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Some offscreen of the PV

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm resisting the urge to watch until there's a better quality video but I did see stills of crazy diamond that seem good, too, though I can't tell if it's got the blue or not. Pink and blue crazy d, please.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I'm resisting the urge to watch until there's a better quality video but I did see stills of crazy diamond that seem good, too, though I can't tell if it's got the blue or not. Pink and blue crazy d, please.

Might be a lighter shade of blue but otherwise yes, blue and pink.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke whispering "Kureijī Daiyamondo" even in less than optimal quality is still hype as hell.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Naerasa posted:

So is the zig-zag thing in Rohan's hair a headband or what? In the normal world I'd say obviously but Araki-world is so weird that it could very well be a layer of plastic that grows out of a specific section of his hair.

Obviously.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Josuke's nose seemed a bit off in some shots but otherwise the PV looked pretty good.

Begemot posted:

Obviously.
I was looking for this.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, Josuke's nose is really bugging me. it's one of the few points of detail on his face but it constantly looks off. hopefully later PVs give a better sense of it, since i'm otherwise incredibly hyped.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Shortaro bugs me more than the noses ever would but hey maybe they didn't feel like drawing a 6'4 hulk of a man anymore

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still don't like how the pat 4 anime looks. All of their faces look bad and Jotaro looks really off

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okuyasu looks fine though and look at the Josuke facials it looks a bit better. Something's weird about his loving nose, though.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
The noses do look really weird I agree.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This must be the work of an enemy stand, 「Pa's Nose Fell Off At Breakfast. It Fell Right Into Ma's Coffee And Displaced It.」

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Could be worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Begemot posted:

Obviously.

I've seen this before but it just raises further questions!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hato is gonna reveal her stand to be King Missile and then punch that creepo dude's dick right off

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Naerasa posted:

I've seen this before but it just raises further questions!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The art looks weird when comparing it to the manga, but I think it looks fine on its own. Shortaro is hilarious, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm at the point where i'm just happy that the anime is a guaranteed thing and that it's starting in april. already liking the art kinda helps.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StWQEXH4Iz0

Complete PV off screen with not too much background noise, so you can hear a decent chunk.

Noses look off on some angles and fine on others.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The noses look pretty much exactly like late Part 4 art

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jly_O2F3Oe8

EoH Chapter 1 translated. This dude is gonna do the rest too. They're a bit speed subby though so expect errors.

E: At least one scene cut out early too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Dec 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was bothered by the noses at first, but the more I looked at it, the more I actually came to like it, so maybe it's just something to get used to.