Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Since it is a debuff art does it go of Melee or Ranged Acc/Atk?

It's ranged. Though, I've yet to see any evidence that Skell RATK/MATK affects anything other than autoattacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's ranged. Though, I've yet to see any evidence that Skell RATK/MATK affects anything other than autoattacks.

I had a feeling I was overthinking it but I just wanted to make sure because my current Skell is Melee'ed out and probably would need to throw a RACC augment in to make sure I actually hit with it.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I got a quest to fight this guy early on and every time I swing by he's never there so I'm starting to think the games just referring to me and it just got the name wrong :saddowns:

I found him at night hiding up under the crystal with a group of lv 21 blattas!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TheRevolution1 posted:

You don't get them all to 4 by level 9, you get them all to 4 by level 10.

Of course. I forgot you start at one obviously.

I'm level five now, I maxed out mechanical first, and took one in archaeological because I was running into a lot of level two archaeology ones. Should I split that as I level up or just max it and then move on to biology?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Nah, feel free to leave Bio for dead last.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

horriblePencilist posted:

gently caress Mirror Blattas. I can't believe I'd ever hate Blattas this much.

Step on a high-level on with your Skell and you'll know about it.

Kicking the low-level ones to death without actually entering combat's pretty fun though.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
What part of Rexoskell drops the lightning tentacles because I've certainly never been able to lock onto any of it's tentacles.

Also I'm pretty disappointed with the endgame. I've spent so many days farming and working on my ground gear and all it resulted in is being able to kill a lvl 88 dork in a cave and slicing off roughly 20-25 seconds off Time trials which ultimately doesn't do much because the droprates for materials are still terrible. There are no guides out there to help me understand if I'm doing something wrong either.
Then there's the fact I have to do everything twice because of Skells. I could have replayed Chronicles and fully equipped every character with gems and gear in the time It's taking me to kill any of the endgame stuff in X.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 17, 2015

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
New favorite tyrant name: Sheldon, the Dentally Challenged.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ok, I'm at the end of Chapter 9 and the boss fight is kicking my rear end. I'm running an Inferno and an Urban in my squad and I'm ~34. Is there a recommended place to grind a bit at that range? I know I need more scratch for another skell, but I didn't even get the guy down to half health before I got rolled.

I also wouldn't object to being pointed at a busted level 30 skell weapon.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rework your FrontierNav setup and then do some sidequests once it's somewhat optimised, I was pulling in 25k per tick at that point and didn't have any trouble fielding three Skells for the battle. For the amount of time you'll spend doing side content, it really is worth getting your probe network into the best possible condition at every new opportunity, the extra money you can earn from keeping on top of it makes a tremendous difference in the long run

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Mira is the new world Shulk creates at the end of Xenoblade, that's why Primordia looks like a blown up version of Gaur Plain, the Nopon are one-to-one the same dudes from Xenoblade and the Telethia are still hanging around. Whilst there's no direct evidence for this, given the contents and visuals of the world it seems like a pretty good bet to me

More stuff on your spoiler: If you finish a specific quest by defeating Telethia the Endbringer, the Orphean gain knowledge from their Ovah that said Ovah used to exist in another world as a singular creature, and that it remembers and fears the Telethia from said world.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Echophonic posted:

Ok, I'm at the end of Chapter 9 and the boss fight is kicking my rear end. I'm running an Inferno and an Urban in my squad and I'm ~34. Is there a recommended place to grind a bit at that range? I know I need more scratch for another skell, but I didn't even get the guy down to half health before I got rolled.

I also wouldn't object to being pointed at a busted level 30 skell weapon.

The scythe the Amdusias comes with deals an insane amount of damage, double from behind, and swings twice. You might always want to consider trying to murder Prone Pawns around eastern Oblivia until one of them coughs up a firegun. Constant stream of automatic fire for about 1,000dmg a tick.

I also need a bit of advice on where to go grind, because I'm in the same chapter and the Wrothian's "honorable duel" of twice their number ganging up on us is kicking my poo poo in repeatedly despite my being Level 34.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Rework your FrontierNav setup and then do some sidequests once it's somewhat optimised, I was pulling in 25k per tick at that point and didn't have any trouble fielding three Skells for the battle. For the amount of time you'll spend doing side content, it really is worth getting your probe network into the best possible condition at every new opportunity, the extra money you can earn from keeping on top of it makes a tremendous difference in the long run

I'm getting 35k right now, which is the best I can do, I think.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The scythe the Amdusias comes with deals an insane amount of damage, double from behind, and swings twice. You might always want to consider trying to murder Prone Pawns around eastern Oblivia until one of them coughs up a firegun. Constant stream of automatic fire for about 1,000dmg a tick.

I also need a bit of advice on where to go grind, because I'm in the same chapter and the Wrothian's "honorable duel" of twice their number ganging up on us is kicking my poo poo in repeatedly despite my being Level 34.

I'm saving up for one of those. Figured it'd be good to have one of each class. I have a firegun from the store that I put Thermal Res Down XX on, but a better one would not be unwelcome.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
It's a real shame a couple AMs don't give you clothes. I loved the Forest armors from Xenoblade Chronicles.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Dastardly posted:

What part of Rexoskell drops the lightning tentacles because I've certainly never been able to lock onto any of it's tentacles.

Also I'm pretty disappointed with the endgame. I've spent so many days farming and working on my ground gear and all it resulted in is being able to kill a lvl 88 dork in a cave and slicing off roughly 20-25 seconds off Time trials which ultimately doesn't do much because the droprates for materials are still terrible. There are no guides out there to help me understand if I'm doing something wrong either.
Then there's the fact I have to do everything twice because of Skells. I could have replayed Chronicles and fully equipped every character with gems and gear in the time It's taking me to kill any of the endgame stuff in X.

The true endgame is seeing how fast you can take down the headless milesaur tyrant in Oblivia. :3:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Research probes: Stick them on A/B income nodes, or put them on nodes with 2 sightseeing locations? Which gives more income? Should I care about chain bonuses on them?

I do not like this probe optimization minigame, I just want to punch monsters with lasers :saddowns:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

victrix posted:

Research probes: Stick them on A/B income nodes, or put them on nodes with 2 sightseeing locations? Which gives more income? Should I care about chain bonuses on them?

I do not like this probe optimization minigame, I just want to punch monsters with lasers :saddowns:

Sightseeing is all that matters

edit: My income is 182k now, and I haven't even optimized everything else.

e: add to op tia

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 17, 2015

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Here's my main moneymaker. Since there's no lvl 5 probes on Cauldros, you can do this setup as soon as you get the flight modules, maybe even earlier.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:
Got this as a gift for a non-goon and don't own it myself. OP says to read the manual, does the game not have good in-game tutorials? Is a physical manual included in the disc version or do they have to access it digitally on the Wii U somehow? Anything else I should tell them?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

sighnoceros posted:

Got this as a gift for a non-goon and don't own it myself. OP says to read the manual, does the game not have good in-game tutorials? Is a physical manual included in the disc version or do they have to access it digitally on the Wii U somehow? Anything else I should tell them?

The manual is accessible through the menu screen or the Wii U's home screen, so you can access it during any point of the game. Other than that, he'll do fine exploring the game on his own, although the game can be fishy about item and enemy locations.
Oh, and tell him to pick the blue wire.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

sighnoceros posted:

There's a digital manual (hit the home button in-game). I'd suggest giving it a once-over before playing, and reading it more thoroughly after the third chapter, when the game opens up.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

sighnoceros posted:

The in-game tutorials are bad and basically non-existent, reading the manual is necessary and maybe then even not enough. Tell your friend that the side content is by and large better than the main story, and to not be afraid to explore. There are virtually no consequences for dying unless you are using a skell and are bad at the ejection QTE.

Tell him to kill the pigs. :(

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The battles are practically illegible, but it doesn't actually stop them from being easy. Basically, you select the attacks as they light up and stuff dies. Extra thought and effort can help you optimize this process, but the game is easy enough not to demand it.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Is the Enigmatic Twins fight supposed to be a bit of a non-issue, or did I accidentally (purposefully) break the on-foot game by stealing that swole prones Hattori Hanzo steel?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Is the Murderess a D&D fan or is there a reason why she called her Curio the "Rod Of Brutality +10"?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe she's a Dark Souls fan.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Here's my main moneymaker. Since there's no lvl 5 probes on Cauldros, you can do this setup as soon as you get the flight modules, maybe even earlier.

I've found the hybrid between this and Oblivia is slightly better.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

PRADA SLUT posted:

I've found the hybrid between this and Oblivia is slightly better.

I've got a similar setup in Oblivia, but I'm using the Duplicator and Booster for storage probes in Primordia already. I should get another Duplicator soon, though.

Also, I hit X to view the character profile of an NPC in the Affinity Chart and the game froze. Well, it didn't freeze, but none of my inputs were responding.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Gamepad or pro? Pro doesn't work with the disconnect prompt for some reason, same issue there?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

victrix posted:

Gamepad or pro? Pro doesn't work with the disconnect prompt for some reason, same issue there?

I was using the Pro controller, but pressing buttons on the gamepad didn't do anything either.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
There's a bug that crashes the game in the affinity menu. Save often.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
Has there been any word about a patch at all or if they're even going to? There's just so many small issues that are really keeping this from being GOTY for me but if they're fixed we'll be golden.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
How did you get that many mid-level research probes, though? it looks like you're getting a massive chain bonus which I can't replicate even if I replicate that setup, because i have like 1-2 of everything.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Barent posted:

Has there been any word about a patch at all or if they're even going to? There's just so many small issues that are really keeping this from being GOTY for me but if they're fixed we'll be golden.

Problem is the game has been out in Japan since April, so if there were patches they would have happened well before we got the game.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Problem is the game has been out in Japan since April, so if there were patches they would have happened well before we got the game.

Maybe. If people complain about it enough to the point where the powers that be decide that it is a big enough problem that could impact sales then the development team might be order to develop a patch addressing the top issues. I am not aware of how much people are complaining in the right sort of places that would cause this to happen though. Could be a long shot...

AmewTheFox
Oct 7, 2015

I AM THE STRENGTH

sighnoceros posted:

"Manual" is an option in the menu, though it can also be accessed through pressing the HOME button, too. A lot of the things seem intuitive to people that played Xenoblade Chronicles, but even some things aren't explained. (like, for example, sprinting still works during combat, which makes getting Back Slash a lot easier)

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
You'll be able to manage a game without reading the manual, you just won't be any good at it, and will miss a lot of ways to vastly improve and optimize your combat, income, etc.

It's like playing Baldur's Gate without knowing the AD&D rules. You can do it, it's just going to be a lot harder than it should be.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I dunno, so far I've done about fuckall to optimize my gear or arts or skills beyond 'equip higher poo poo' and 'level up poo poo' and combat is still really really easy

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

victrix posted:

I dunno, so far I've done about fuckall to optimize my gear or arts or skills beyond 'equip higher poo poo' and 'level up poo poo' and combat is still really really easy

Same but I'm only level 17, I bet it makes a difference in the latter levels like it did in the original Xenoblade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

By the way I just remembered a question I have: What, precisely, do Reflect: X augmentations do? Since you can't make standalone augs for it I can't check that way and they can't be upgraded so that's out too. I assume it doesn't actually make you immune to the element, and instead just triggers spike damage when hit by it or something? I doubt you can get the OP version the enemies can get, so I have very little idea what these actually do.

Oh and I just remembered an amusing story. When I first got my flight pack I was flying around Primordia and saw the big world boss flying around at night, stayed well away from it and found a certain hole up in a certain mountain. Went down to explore it, found some tough but manageable high level enemies and minor loot. In the process of the fight, it became morning. Imagine my loving surprise when I tried to climb out of the hole and discovered that's where the big world boss chills out during the day. I panicked so hard I totally failed my QTE prompt to save my Skell.

• Locked thread