Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Subvisual Haze posted:

On the GOP side usually Iowa will favor social conservatives and NH the more business or libertarian crowd. So assuming Trump has NH on lockdown, Iowa does gain importance just to stay alive in your campaign. So to remain competitive with Trump...you need to run to the right of him socially.

poo poo it really is looking like Ted Cruz or bust.

Who woulda thought that Ted Cruz would be the establishment pick against a grassroots candidate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ivor Biggun posted:

Trump / McMahon 2016. YOU'RE FIRED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yddwfQKc1ZA&t=246s

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Thump! posted:

You've never seen police directing traffic at the site of an accident or when a stoplight goes out?

I was going for sarcasm but it just came off as dumb.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mike12345 posted:

Nurgle for pres 2016 - make America fart again.

In your heart you know he farts

In your butt you know he's nuts

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Found Trump's new slogan when he gets tired of his current one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Xenophon posted:

Also, these Rubio super PAC mailers are starting to hit Iowa:

Ah, so now a Republican has a problem with bills with Orwellian names...:rolleyes:

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i know people are suggesting a lot of potential vps for trump to pick, but i have to believe it isn't going to be any of his millionaire business buddies. even if he would pick them, i gotta imagine they turn down the nomination because they don't want to give themselves a massive pay-cut when they have to legally separate from whatever ventures they own that will be suddenly considered a conflict of interest. trump potentially gave up a lot of his income from several of his business ventures to run for president, but he clearly has some deep-seated personal interest in being POTUS; i don't see too many other millionares wanting the vp position bad enough to give up their income, especially when they can just continue to fund other people from the shadows and still get laws passed however they want them to be passed.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Xenophon posted:

Also, these Rubio super PAC mailers are starting to hit Iowa:

PACs don't always makes the best strategic calls, here for instance why include Rand? It blunts the association of Cruz with the Democrats and may persuade Rand's caucus goers to turn to Cruz when they fail to make the viability threshold.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

homeless poster posted:

i know people are suggesting a lot of potential vps for trump to pick,

Oprah is the answer.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

radical meme posted:

Oprah is the answer.

holy crap that would be so beautiful

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Trump won't be losing money, he will be making more, once he is President all Trump hotel rooms will be renamed Presidential Suites and rented out at twice the rate. Eric will do this when he is put in charge.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DynamicSloth posted:

PACs don't always makes the best strategic calls, here for instance why include Rand? It blunts the association of Cruz with the Democrats and may persuade Rand's caucus goers to turn to Cruz when they fail to make the viability threshold.

Also Harry Reid looks like Frank Underwood in that ad.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm desperately hoping that Trump uses a reality TV show to pick his VP candidate.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Dolash posted:

It might also be possible that he attracts a larger share of new primary voters, be they the mythical conservatives-who-stay-home, the newly-minted Ironic Vote, or Democrats who've accepted Hillary will win their own primary and just want to set themselves up the easiest possible cakewalk in November. God knows if I was American I'd be out there supporting "Democrats for Trump".

Pat Brown considered Reagan a joke and did everything in his power to make sure that Reagan won the Republican gubernatorial nomination in '66, notably including slipping Reagan opposition research about his more 'serious' competitor in the primary.

There are seasons in American politics in which it is dangerous to laugh at the 'crazies'. It seems possible to me that this is one of them.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

My Imaginary GF posted:

So Obama quit bombing ISIL today

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-12-17/new-russian-air-defenses-in-syria-keep-u-s-grounded

This wouldn't have happened if Trump were President.

I know this may come as a shock, but I'm beginning to believe that MIGF is not completely sincere in his posting.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm desperately hoping that Trump uses a reality TV show to pick his VP candidate.
You have to write the script for those things, coach the "actors", film all the scenes according to the script, then edit all the footage to create the narrative and the illusion of spontaneity. We don't really have that kind of time before next November.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
I could see Trump picking a disgruntled retired general as his VP to shore up his "tough guy" foreign policy act. He says he'll find the next Patton; why not start with the VP? It would also help his outsider image to select a non-politician as a running mate, yet another businessman would be redundant (especially since he has already discussed employing some as ambassadors).

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 22, 2016

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Jake Tapper: You do?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Have any Mastiffs (i.e. "small dogs") endorsed Jeb! yet?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
WOAH. I panicked when I didn't see this forum after BYOB.

Guess I like you LIEberals more than I thought.

Anyway . . . .

Easy to see why the desparate establishment is starting to whisper about Christie, since Rubio is now in a decline as steep as Carson's.

Also even Ted Cruz is dropping off a bit.

Trump is soaring to even greater heights. Nearing 40%. NOTE: I removed polls of adults. This is only non-partisan polls of registered and likely GOP voters.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...aul,Rubio,Trump

Soon the 7 seals will be opened. Hail Satan.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Who woulda thought that Ted Cruz would be the establishment pick against a grassroots candidate?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TBH the best way for the GOP establishment to kill Ted Cruz's campaign is to openly back him. If they don't realize that, things could get pretty ridiculous.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Peachstapler posted:

You have to write the script for those things, coach the "actors", film all the scenes according to the script, then edit all the footage to create the narrative and the illusion of spontaneity. We don't really have that kind of time before next November.

It's a fight to the death then. That's how Nixon chose Spiro Agnew.

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge
Talked to my 65-year-old mother last night about the election. She started off as a conservative -- voted Republican as soon as she became a US citizen in the late 80s -- but has been consistently voting Democratic for a couple of decades now (though I think she may still vote Republican in local races). Whoever (Joementum?) said that moderate Republicans are now Democrats is spot-on.

Anyway, her takeaway from the last debate is that they're all pretty bad but she could live with one of them as the nominee except Cruz. She said that she believed he was the devil. She can't stand to look at him. She said at least Trump is entertaining; Cruz is a "diablo." She has a visceral reaction to his voice and face.

She thinks Rand Paul is easy on the eyes, but that he looked wrecked the other day ("he has gorgeous eyes"). She also thinks Rubio is hot, but that he's probably missing a bib.

She thinks that Carson is either an idiot savant or just retarded.

She said that she's tempted to vote for Bush in the primary because she feels so loving awful for him. She says that he was clowned so hard in the last debate that her heart went out for him. How can he just stand there and let Trump humiliate him like that? Those were her words.

And then she was like, eh, I'm voting for Hillary in the general though. And Bernie Sanders is a "mensch." We're Jewish and Hispanic. It's confusing.

Foo fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 17, 2015

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Anyway . . . .

Easy to see why the desparate establishment is starting to whisper about Christie, since Rubio is now in a decline as steep as Carson's.

Trump is soaring to even greater heights. Nearing 40%. NOTE: I removed polls of adults. This is only non-partisan polls of registered and likely GOP voters.

Not filtering registered still gives him an advantage. Here he is with just likely voters:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

TBH the best way for the GOP establishment to kill Ted Cruz's campaign is to openly back him. If they don't realize that, things could get pretty ridiculous.

hmmm i could see that. weve seen demonstrated that reality is malleable. imagine mcconnell and boehner and all them suddenly come out in force and in a devastating media blitz praise cruze for his moderate agenda, his bipartisan methods and his willingness to compromise. would the people buy it?

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge

Boosted_C5 posted:

Anyway . . . .

Don't ever leave us Boosted! You are, legit, one of my favorite posters (trolls?)

What's going on with your focus group right now? Are they still on the Cruz missile?

And what do you think is going on re: Rubio's decline? (My guess is that his laziness is catching up to him)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

Not filtering registered still gives him an advantage. Here he is with just likely voters:

Ben "Slow and Steady Wins the Race" Carson

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 22, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 22, 2016

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

he looks better with his mouth upside down. There we go. Now he's smiling!

Someone please photoshop Hannity as the Joker holding a scalpel

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"grimacing in an upward manner" doesnt really roll off the tongue, so for the sake of brevity, its a smile

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Samuel Clemens posted:

Jeb polling at less than 10% in Florida must really sting for him.

Fishmech should have told him that his "Right to Rise" is really more of a privilege at best.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Conservative Twitter has assembled to take down Rubio - they're tying him to Gang of 8 stuff and basically calling him not conservative enough for supporting amnesty. This will be the narrative on right win radio for weeks. Time to build a bridge over the Rubicon, kids, it's Cruz v Trump for the title.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Jewel Repetition posted:

That Trump line looks pretty chaotic. JEB!!! was right, he would be the Chaos President! Any day now JEB!!! is going to come out of his shell and really start kicking rear end and I can't even finish.

Also, liked the dude who posted those Trump memes calling /pol/ Trumps SuperPAC, p funny.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

In this clip, right at this moment, Hannity is saying "Well, you're smiling, so I guess that must mean you had a good time at last night's debate."

This is ¡Jeb! exhibiting his "smile" for us. I'm convinced -- it's obvious he had a great time at the debate!

i love that someone at Jeb!'s campaign has decided that "serious" is the magic word that will rally the voters to the one true nominee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Mike Huckabee is cutting staff salaries. Lindsey Graham is indicating that after NH he's dropping out.

• Locked thread