Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Takara Slipstream is quite a bit more stable than my Hasbro Windblade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Reviews of people who have later revision Windblades and Slipstream say she is identical, but if he doesn't have a later revision Windblade...

And besides: Slipstream is awesome. And I get mine in March. Sob.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, BBTS emailed me and said that Badcube Sunsurge is expected in the next week or so, after I told them I wanted elbows for Christmas of course. I'll have to wait until at least one or two other things hit my pile before I ship.

Expect a report/some pictures in a month or less, I guess?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Huh. MP Ramjet's cockpit section transforms upside-down compared to Starscream's. IE the hinge to open the actual cockpit is down by the groinplate. Wonder how that works.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

TheDK posted:

OK which one of you is "Eric" because I need to know who to thank for the awesome secret santa gifts?! These are awesome! Budora has been on my wish list forever. Thanks mystery goon!

You're very welcome. There is actually a second USPS priority box on the way to you with something I picked up for you while I was in Japan. Hope you like the Grimore kit as well. It's a really awesome model kit.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

You're very welcome. There is actually a second USPS priority box on the way to you with something I picked up for you while I was in Japan. Hope you like the Grimore kit as well. It's a really awesome model kit.
Oh cool! Thanks a ton. I'm going to be putting the model kit together this weekend. Really digging the look on him.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Revolver Bunker posted:

Are you in Japan currently, or did you get back recently?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Anora posted:

Are you in Japan currently, or did you get back recently?

I was on vacation in Japan for about 3 weeks. Got back to the states on December 12th.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Found the 4 Combaticons limbs at Walmart but no sightings of Onslaught any where.

Who ever designed the instruction booklets needs to be force chocked, they are so hard to read, thankfully the figures are easy to transform.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rythe posted:

Found the 4 Combaticons limbs at Walmart but no sightings of Onslaught any where.

Who ever designed the instruction booklets needs to be force chocked, they are so hard to read, thankfully the figures are easy to transform.

I haven't seen any signs of the combaticons at all. Just ultra prime limbs. When is the set suppose to launch?

When I was in Japan there was no signs of any combiner wars toys. Just RID.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think that -technically- the combaticons were early 2016, they're just showing up early as usual.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Revolver Bunker posted:

I was on vacation in Japan for about 3 weeks. Got back to the states on December 12th.

Have you received a Secret Santa gift yet?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I now have every speed planet figure except dirtboss and ransack (both of whom I will eventually pick up) and a goddamn greek chorus of overdrives. During the weekend I intend to pose overdrives as the Supremes. What is wrong with me?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sizone posted:

I now have every speed planet figure except dirtboss and ransack (both of whom I will eventually pick up) and a goddamn greek chorus of overdrives. During the weekend I intend to pose overdrives as the Supremes. What is wrong with me?

Not a goddamn thing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rythe posted:

I know, right? Grey on slightly different grey.

Sizone posted:

You just care so much.

So much.

(It's cool though, I like your pictures.)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Been too sick and busy with work to get much done this week, but I did manage to arrange the perfect "weapon" for a pacifist. Behold, double Dado shield First Aid

Not in the face! Not in the face!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Anora posted:

Have you received a Secret Santa gift yet?

Yes,I think. Got a box in yesterday in the mail. I'll check it's contents to make sure.

Edit:

Thank you secret santa for the bountiful medley of things. Beast wars and comics are really cool. That pez dispenser looking prime is hilarious. They gave him glam rock hair. Thank you for the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards. It'll feed my home designing addiction as I try to get animals color coordinating furniture.

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Dec 18, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
cool, I was having fears of it being lost or stolen since UPS' idea of delivery confirmation is "chuck it at porch, confirmed it's kind of close to the lawn."

Also, there should have been some candy (in a zip lock) with an internet appropriate brand name.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
This is driving me nuts, how do you get Brawl's legs/rear section in place to put him in tank mode? I just can't get them to meet with the front part of the tracks.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

BizarroAzrael posted:

This is driving me nuts, how do you get Brawl's legs/rear section in place to put him in tank mode? I just can't get them to meet with the front part of the tracks.

did you fold up the waist section plates all the way? that was what got me

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Never having owned one before, I am just repeatedly struck by how terrible G1 Sunstreaker is. "Lost" the mold, indeed.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Never having owned one before, I am just repeatedly struck by how terrible G1 Sunstreaker is. "Lost" the mold, indeed.

Isn't he supposed to have been the first realistic-car-to-robot transforming toy? Maybe his lousiness is teething problems.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

Would you say he's significantly worse than the other 1984 molds? It's been a while since I owned them, but I remember Wheeljack and Starscream being just about as bad.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Would you say he's significantly worse than the other 1984 molds? It's been a while since I owned them, but I remember Wheeljack and Starscream being just about as bad.

Definitely. Wheeljack was previously my low water mark for the first year molds but Sunstreaker is on a whole different level. I was like "Finally the Countach brothers can stand together on the shelf" and it was like

:cool: :pram:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
where the gently caress is my RID2001 Magnus at???

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yo Momma's! . . .?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I saw a load of Angry Birds Transformers stuff on the shelves heavily discounted in the Entertainer (UK toy shop) today... who knows, maybe if they'd had it on the shelves when people like me were playing the game many months ago, then they might have actually sold it already.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I bought Brawl today and wow I thought the whining about his waste must be internet hyperbole but nope that's one of the worst TF fuckups I've seen at mass retail. Unlike a lot of TF issues I can't even figure out what they were TRYING to do. Has anyone spotted a reliable fix?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
You all laughed at me when I said I wanted a FoC Bruticus. Who's laughing now?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I bought Brawl today and wow I thought the whining about his waste must be internet hyperbole but nope that's one of the worst TF fuckups I've seen at mass retail. Unlike a lot of TF issues I can't even figure out what they were TRYING to do. Has anyone spotted a reliable fix?
I skimmed over a post where a dude on cybertron.ca took his apart and found the rear end was assembled backwards, he said once you straighten that out, he works ok.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sizone posted:

You all laughed at me when I said I wanted a FoC Bruticus. Who's laughing now?

FoC Brawl is probably worse. Sure you don't have to tab any waist but his feet are horrible.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

I skimmed over a post where a dude on cybertron.ca took his apart and found the rear end was assembled backwards, he said once you straighten that out, he works ok.

Could you post the link?

If you rotate his hips forward about 45 degrees you lose the waist rotation but it does make him a lot more stable.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Could you post the link?
Took me a bit to remember where it was http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=62187

I don't own the toy so I have no idea what this actually does. If yours sets on fire or cuts open your hand, let me know.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Hmm, I bought CW Brawl for my friends 5 yr old, is he going to have bother with it then? I bought Swindle for myself today and goddamn those instructions are annoying as gently caress, slightly different greys with the same tone purple on uncoated paper? The gently caress were they thinking?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ Nobody reads the instructions anymore? It should be fine for that kid, just make sure an adult can show him or her how to transform it.

Spiderdrake posted:

Took me a bit to remember where it was http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=62187

I don't own the toy so I have no idea what this actually does. If yours sets on fire or cuts open your hand, let me know.

The advice is... pop the legs off the ball joint and put them back on the other hip? Doesn't look like anything will catch on fire from that. I'll try it out.

EDIT: Yes, popping the legs off and switching them makes the waist and torso more stable. It's not a perfect fix, as Brawl still loses the ability to swivel at the waist, but the toy feels way more solid now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 20, 2015

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I needed to get my finger in there and push it all the way into place behind the torso, it's hard to describe without actually showing it being done. It's a shame, he looks good in all modes if you ask me. Not opened Blast Off and Vortex yet but Onslaught is probably my favourite torso and I love Swindle.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Some dude on TFW2005 did this to fix Brawl, but while the end result may be more stable, it's not great:

Keldroc posted:

Definitely. Wheeljack was previously my low water mark for the first year molds but Sunstreaker is on a whole different level. I was like "Finally the Countach brothers can stand together on the shelf" and it was like

:cool: :pram:
Just remember Sunstreaker is version 2 of this guy, it helps keep it in perspective.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

Some dude on TFW2005 did this to fix Brawl, but while the end result may be more stable, it's not great:

Man, you have to carve off a healthy chunk of the figure to get that to work. Seems pretty universally agreed upon that somebody dropped the ball on Brawl.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Keldroc posted:

Man, you have to carve off a healthy chunk of the figure to get that to work. Seems pretty universally agreed upon that somebody dropped the ball on Brawl.

DT? Any chance you can ask the design team what everyone is missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I know I posted it a page or less up, but I'll say it again just in case. This is from Spiderdrake's Cybertron.ca info.

If you pop Brawl's legs off of the ball joints, and put them on the opposite ones, you can get a 90% more stable waist than what he is apparently supposed to have. It makes him a bit short in the torso, as it goes directly from tank parts to hip parts, and he totally loses the waist swivel, but he's way more solid. His waist doesn't lock in place, so he can tilt backwards at 90 degrees if you grab him by the legs and shake him hard, but it mostly fixes things.

Knormal posted:

This is what switching Brawl's legs looks like.

On a completely different subject, you know what? I kind of wish they had STARTED the Combiner Wars with Computron, and had Superion be the "remolds". I mean, all the toys in this line were probably all designed very close to each other. With Scattershot being the third Silverbolt redo and Nosecone (probably) being the third redo of a less-than-great mold, I really don't care as much for Computron's possibility as I did at the beginning of this year. Superion, being the more popular character, should have been sold as a gift set like Victorion.