Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's because of kings game scene. I can't think what else it could be. kanji's swearing? idr if he ever drops an F bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I think it's because of kings game scene. I can't think what else it could be. kanji's swearing? idr if he ever drops an F bomb.

Dead people (treated very seriously like real murder) or mild sexuality (shadow rise, shadow kanji, also yukiko's cutscene i guess), i assume. But youre right that kanji also says poo poo. maybe its a combo of all that stuff because none of it seems strong enough on its own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That makes sense

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=33389&Title=Shin+Megami+Tensei%3a+Persona+4 oh duh. The persona's with boobs and penises.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i actually had no idea p4 was rated m

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i played the fan translation of the original dangan ronpa then when i played 2 everyone was dropping f bombs and it blew my mind, even though i knew it was an m rated game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SM64Guy posted:

i played the fan translation of the original dangan ronpa then when i played 2 everyone was dropping f bombs and it blew my mind, even though i knew it was an m rated game

are you saying the official translation of 2 had that? cuz i dont remember that at all

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

are you saying the official translation of 2 had that? cuz i dont remember that at all

yeah dude every other word out of the tiny dudes mouth was gently caress this or gently caress that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh that guy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

when is game of the year

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i got carded buying my PS4 ffs

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

its not a kiddy system like the wii u

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Probably so you wouldn't make bombs with it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

elf help book posted:

when is game of the year
i was gonna say next week, but they have a quick look scheduled, so maybe last week of the year?

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
goty starts monday after christmas and ends on new years eve or day

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPJH_ouYoPE

Geoff is alone in the dark playing games.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yes. YES!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's alone in his cardboard box fort, playing old games in the dark. It's paradise.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yeah.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Blackheart posted:

He's alone in his cardboard box fort, playing old games in the dark. It's paradise.

yessss

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Oh hell yeah.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
Just a warning though: If cheating in old SEGA games is against your personal gamer code, then this is not the stream for you.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I love it when emulators have that cheat search thing. You can do a lot of stuff from simple infinite time / lives to some really weird poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

he finally plays valis

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Blackheart posted:

I love it when emulators have that cheat search thing. You can do a lot of stuff from simple infinite time / lives to some really weird poo poo.

it blew my mind when i realized my DS flashcart came with a cheat sheet for nearly every single game, and if it didnt have one you could check online and download it from the menu

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
I wish they would make this exact thing the permanent format for unprofessional fridays.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't watch live, but the next time he asks for a game, can someone ask him to play through Shinobi III with cheats. Ive never seend the ending

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

He's playing bugsy II

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm watching from the beginning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jeff: [dies for the 12th time on Stage 3 of Action Fighter where he cheated himself infinite lives, turns towards the camera, where he sits poorly lit in a tower of boxes] Uhhh. Maybe we could try to make Mario invincible...?

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
Glad to see Jeff finally put Sonic 3 in its place

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
have a new appreciation for jeff gerstmann now knowing that he likes trackmania a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

have a new appreciation for jeff gerstmann now knowing that he likes trackmania a lot

his love for track mania is well documented on the site. he ran a track mania server for years after it had any traffic, and there's a lot of videos of him checking in and adjusting his dubstep playlists for the server music

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
vinny encouraging jeff to drive over the trackmania horizon and into another mania game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

his love for track mania is well documented on the site. he ran a track mania server for years after it had any traffic, and there's a lot of videos of him checking in and adjusting his dubstep playlists for the server music

aw, i wish id known

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think shoot mania is the game that made Jeff give up on modern games. Personal theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My prayers are answered.