Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

McDowell posted:

This is a terrible attitude.

that's okay Russia's at a terrible latitude

:rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Nonsense posted:

Russia is an enemy, period.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Nonsense posted:

Some of america's allies include:

Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan
Afghanistan
Iraq
United Arab Emerates
Turkey

But Russia? that's totally out of the question

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

You can leave into the arms of America's enemies if you so choose bolsheviks

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Nonsense posted:

Carly Fiorina account spotted.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Russia is actually pretty cool and I can't wait for trump and Putin bff relationship to blossom

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i'll never get tired of americans loving putin

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

katlington posted:

I mean he only nationalized the banks, healthcare, and education; much like what Bernie Panders wants to do.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Immortan posted:

I mean he only nationalized the banks, healthcare, and education; much like what Bernie Panders wants to do.

Honest question: do you actually think things like "Bernie Panders" or "0bummer" are clever witticisms? Do you think you're really getting one over on them DUMBocrats (do you see what I did there?)?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Immortan posted:

putin nationalized none of those things

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i'll never get tired of idiots loving putin

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

hey sheng-ji, I don't get that post in the sticky - you're saying something like it's ok to post non-election stuff in this sub-forum? but why? I mean then it's just like d&d but different? Maybe I misremember.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Trump, STUMPED!
http://www.conservativeoutfitters.com/blogs/news/80578433-video-woman-asks-trump-weird-question-will-refugees-remain-celibate

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Honest question: do you actually think things like "Bernie Panders" or "0bummer" are clever witticisms? Do you think you're really getting one over on them DUMBocrats (do you see what I did there?)?

hes really dumb, im afraid. its terrible to look at.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mike12345 posted:

hey sheng-ji, I don't get that post in the sticky - you're saying something like it's ok to post non-election stuff in this sub-forum? but why? I mean then it's just like d&d but different? Maybe I misremember.

Then it is more like that which shall not be named, don't ruin it with your pestering questions.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Yeah, he's calls it something else.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

yes hello i am american patriot i love comrade putin :911:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Immortan posted:

Yeah, he's calls it something else.

Sberbank, the largest bank in Russia, is privately owned. I guess if we define "nationalize" as an empty term with a definition of *farts loudly*, we could say it has been nationalized.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

katlington posted:

yes hello i am american patriot i love comrade putin :911:

id ride a horse shirtless through a mountain stream with him any day of the week

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Nobody can ever top Baquack Obamailure in terms of political nickname. It just oooooozes resentment

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

It is funny though how the pundits after the GOP debate the other night said "Jeb has all the endorsements - but that doesn't really matter" while the narrative on Bernie is "Hillary has all the endorsements - there's no way he can win"

jeb!'s got 26 reps and 4 senators endorsing him

clinton has 145 reps, 38 senators, and 12 governors endorsing her

the narratives are different because the situations are different

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-endorsement-primary/

538 leans on this as a predictive model for the gop nomination way too hard and i think their line graphs on the bottom illustrate why - practically none of the republicans have endorsed yet. i'm guessing they're waiting for jeb to drop out so they don't have to piss off the bushes too much by going against him

but on the democratic side hillary has already picked up probably a majority of the elected representatives in her entire party

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

This is amazing.

Trumps reaction to that question is pretty much exactly the same as how a liberal reacts to anything he says.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

oystertoadfish posted:

538 leans on this as a predictive model for the gop nomination way too hard and i think their line graphs on the bottom illustrate why - practically none of the republicans have endorsed yet. i'm guessing they're waiting for jeb to drop out so they don't have to piss off the bushes too much by going against him

but on the democratic side hillary has already picked up probably a majority of the elected representatives in her entire party

The model is fine as long as you realize that it presently depicts a completely divided and undecided GOP.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Putin loves Trump:
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/17/future-bffs-putin-calls-trump-bright-and-talentet

quote:

WASHINGTON - Russian President Vladimir Putin and U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump praised each other on Thursday, saying they would welcome an improvement in the now-icy relations between their two nations.

Trump - who holds the lead in opinion polls in his bid for the Republican nomination and was dubbed the "absolute leader" in the race by Putin - said that by working together, the United States and Russia could work toward defeating terrorism and "restoring world peace."

The billionaire businessman's remarks were in stark contrast to his Republican rivals' rhetoric. Republicans have frequently taken to bashing Putin and have used his rocky relationship with Democratic President Barack Obama as evidence that the administration lacks strength in international affairs.

Obama has been critical of Putin, and called for sanctions after Russia annexed Crimea. In recent months, the two countries have split on how to fight Islamic State in Syria. Putin has backed Syrian President Bashar Assad, while Obama has called for Assad to step down.

Trump, who called Putin "highly respected," has frequently argued that his business background and ability to negotiate deals would allow him to improve relations with Russia, as well as other nations.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Trump would absolutely destroy on foreign policy.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Can Trump stump the nation's top diplomat?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

HUMM are they brothers

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Does Trump use tanning lotion?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Honj Steak posted:

Does Trump use tanning lotion?

No, he grinds up Circus Peanuts and applies the resultant powder liberally.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

katlington posted:

We feel that we deserve to suffer

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

No, he grinds up Circus Peanuts and applies the resultant powder liberally.

You'd think elephants would love him more if that were the case.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Thump! posted:

You'd think elephants would love him more if that were the case.

:golfclap:

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

oystertoadfish posted:

Uh after the first debate Nate Silver wrote a whole article about how Jeb looked like an idiot and had just lost any hope of winning the primary. They're more bullish on Cruz than Jeb.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

a cop posted:

Trump would absolutely destroy foreigners with his policy.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
yes mike please explain to me how you and I are muslim

Also the man has been a millionaire for 12+ years now and he still hasn't utilized the infinite resources available to him for weight reduction lmao

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Immortan posted:

Also the man has been a millionaire for 12+ years now and he still hasn't utilized the infinite resources available to him for weight reduction lmao

Neither has Trump.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

shiksa posted:

i wonder how much itd cost to get michael moore to cut an ad for trump

okay, so, probably "a lot"

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

From Facebook

Trump posted:

ISIS is making $400M per year off of oil. I have been saying for years we need to bomb the oil!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

mike12345 posted:

From Facebook

Trump posted:

ISIS is making $400M per year off of oil. I have been saying for years we need to bomb the oil!

i thought before he was all in favor of killing everyone the bad guys over there and then taking the oil for our use? is he now advocating we just destroy it so no one can use it?

that's the most progressive stance i've seen a republican take regarding slashing US dependence on petrol. this must be his round-about way of coming out in favor of renewable energy!

• Locked thread