Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
I opened my care package finally, and much to my surprise here were the contents:

Awesome! The Schwalbe Graze will hopefully look awesome painted up and assembled, and those Raptors will slot in quite nicely in my Daemonkin army. I'm going to have my kids help me put the PVC together for the pipeline.

Thanks so much, boom boom boom. This is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

boom boom boom sent you PVC pipe?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I got both of my Lightning Round 2 gifts, fyi!

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Leperflesh posted:

boom boom boom sent you PVC pipe?

I asked for terrain stuff, that qualifies.

edit: it's also at an appropriate scale for 40k

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 17, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spincut posted:

I got both of my Lightning Round 2 gifts, fyi!

Oh! Ok, cool thanks. For some reason I only had one down.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Oh! Ok, cool thanks. For some reason I only had one down.

Yeah, I'm just wrestling with the post office for my Lightning Round 1 gift currently.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Lightning Round 4 Away! Monday ETA (shipping in two boxes, both arriving the same day).

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

NovaLion posted:

Oh hey, you got it all at once! I had ordered you the Seraphs only at first, but MM said that they were a pre-order when I called about it not shipping very quickly. I didn't realize they had sent it out already! Happy Holidays!

Thank you so much! This is seriously one of the most extravagant gifts I've ever received, let alone from a Secret Santa kind of thing.

I didn't have any Akalis before, so now I'll have to build a new army around them. That was I can be fully Sikh :v:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Lightning Round 4 gift deployed!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My Lightning Round 4 gift is away! I got it expedited so hopefully it'll show up on my santee's doorstop soon!

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Woo! Thank you, TGSS. I actually got this stuff on Sunday but have been super busy until today.

What might this be? The catte is uninterested.

A note sheds some light; I sympathize with my Secret Santa as I don't know what to get the Little Man either.

Two thoughtful choices for the future, though! That's Love Letter (which will probably not be played with the Childe until he's quite a bit older; gonna put that conversation off as long as I can) and Space Alert (which WILL be played with him sooner, I hear it's awesome!).

In closing, we put on our wizard hat:

Thanks, Secret Santa, whoever you are!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Here's that list of aussie retailers, although it would appear it's no longer needed:
https://www.thecombatcompany.com for a wide range of popular miniatures and some board games
https://www.gamesempire.com.au for miniatures and board games
https://www.thegamescapital.com.au for board games
https://www.milsims.com.au for board games and minis
https://www.goodgames.com.au for board games
https://www.joedodgy.com.au for board games
https://www.gamesparadies.com.au is a good store, but they're very slow to ship and even worse during holidays and sales, so not great for a lightning wave 4 venue
https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au is good for more general hobby stuff like model kits, some gundams, etc
https://www.eurekamin.com.au has some eclectic minis lines, majority aimed at historical gaming

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Cover blown! Kai_Tave please check your PMs ASAP because there has been a hiccup in your delivery.

PM sent, sorry about the difficulties.

I haven't heard anything from my other two Santas so I'm assuming that their gifts have actually made the delivery transit and simply need to be picked up out of the clusterfuck that my local postal situation has become. I'll be going and checking the office that mail is being routed to today and if I receive anything I'll be sure to update ASAP.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

PM sent, sorry about the difficulties.

I haven't heard anything from my other two Santas so I'm assuming that their gifts have actually made the delivery transit and simply need to be picked up out of the clusterfuck that my local postal situation has become. I'll be going and checking the office that mail is being routed to today and if I receive anything I'll be sure to update ASAP.

One of your three other Santas indicated they shipped you a gift. One is incognito, and the third has not shipped yet (probably shipping today). So you may have from zero to two gifts in transit or waiting for you at wherever your mail went.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

One of your three other Santas indicated they shipped you a gift. One is incognito, and the third has not shipped yet (probably shipping today). So you may have from zero to two gifts in transit or waiting for you at wherever your mail went.

And if I have any sent, they may not have been moved from my local PO to the alternate one, or simply not arrived yet. Honestly it's a mess and though I didn't exactly cause the drat flooding, I'm nonetheless sorry about all this.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lightning round 4 gift ordered, they guaranteed delivery by xmas for any order placed by the end of today with the shipping option I picked, so be it on them to get cracking

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

Leperflesh posted:

Hi there TGSS nerds! LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 4 emails are awaaay!

It's too close to christmas to run another round, so that's gonna be it for this year. All told, when everything is delivered (and there are no grinches), we'll have exchanged 115 gifts! Awesome!

It's time to start putting a fire under a few goon's butts, though. Today is Thursday, December 17th (unless you're in australia, in which case it's already friday the 18th). You have about one week to get your gifts delivered to your Santees. If you haven't already sent them, you probably can't send a gift using ordinary basic postage any more. You can still get stuff delivered on time using Amazon Prime, or using an upgraded shipping option. Check your shipper's special holiday schedule, and then realize that the dates they give are not contractual promises, just estimates, so add a little padding to that!

Here's the info for the USPS, who say that standard post will not get there in time; you can use first-class mail through the 19th (so add a day or two to that and get first class shipped TODAY), Priority Mail shipped by the 21st (call it the 20th), and Priority Express shipped by the 23rd (call it the 22nd, and for gently caress's sake don't leave it that late). Costs for something bigger than an envelope skyrocket as you climb up the priority ladder, but that's on you for waiting so long, procrastinator!

Here's UPS's shipping calendar for the US
Here's the last days to ship for FedEx US

I'm listing every goon whose status isn't "delivered" below. If your name is in bold, then I want to hear from you pronto. Otherwise, this is a bookkeeping exercise and you're probably OK.

Main Round
NTRabbit - ordered/shipped 2/2
WereJace - received 1/2, 1/2 still in shipping?
Galaspar - santee received but not at home to verify for a couple weeks
Namenlos - partial shipped, waiting on the rest?
NeoAnjou - shipped
Sion - shipped
Antivehicular - shipped
Deadgame - no info
EatinCake - no info
El Estrago Bonito - shipping midweek
Felime - construction of gift in progress
LoG - shipped
Mr. Maltose - shipped
MySwan - no info
Niemat - is sending today
Rhjamiz - no info
Selachian - shipping delayed to the 16th (did this go out yet?)
TheSoundNinja - no info

Lightning Bonus Round 1
Kai Tave - shipped, package stuck in-city, post office must be subdued
Babylon Astronaut - no info
LLSix - 2 packages sent, santee hasn't posted receipt

Lightning Bonus Round 2
Spincut - 1/2 received, 1/2 still in transit?
Niemat - is sending today

Lightning Bonus Round 3
Dr. Clockwork - shipped
Loxbourne - shipped
WereJace - ordered

Lightning Bonus Round 4
just got started, all goons presumed in progress.

If your name is in bold, then I want to hear from you pronto.

Reporting in-Still no word on the second half of my main round gift, thanks Canada Post. My Lightning Round gift shipped on Monday and has an ETA of December 23.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

WereJace posted:

Reporting in-Still no word on the second half of my main round gift, thanks Canada Post. My Lightning Round gift shipped on Monday and has an ETA of December 23.

I think the main round gift is me? I checked the office again today - nada.

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
OMG!

Secret Santa I love you. Thanks for all the gifts! They're awesome!

How are people posting photos? What's the best way to get an image online these days? 😊

Cheers.

Neil.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

NeoAnjou posted:

OMG!

How are people posting photos? What's the best way to get an image online these days? 😊

Cheers.

Neil.

I've just been using imgur, it's fast and easy.

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

LLSix posted:

I think the main round gift is me? I checked the office again today - nada.

Indeed it is, I'm sorry it hasn't shown up yet!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NeoAnjou posted:

OMG!

Cheers.

Neil.

Congratulations on your 365th post on Something Awful! We don't sign our posts here.

Take a photo with a digital device, such as a smartphone or a camera. Get it onto your computer, or phone. Go to Imgur, and choose the option to upload your image. Then, choose the BBCode link that it gives you, and paste it into a post.

IMPORTANT STEP

change the [img] tags to [timg], with a t, or you might post a gigantic high-resolution image that breaks the tables.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Thirded, Imgur is good. Don't use Photobucket it's a piece of bloated poo poo that tries to install malware on your computer.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
My gift was sent (to a distant land) the other day. Not sure how long it will take to get there, depends on the vagaries of the warp.

I received my gift. It is awesome and ostentatious, a rare space marine captain festooned with eagles and skulls. I will be painting it up as a heresy Alpha Legionnaire (nevermind the fact that errant armor didn't exist then) very soon and will post images then. I'm not joking about the skulls on this thing. The sword: crusted with skulls, the cloak covered in them. Huge eagle shoulder pad. It's completely over the top and awesome, thank you secret santa.

Edit: The bolter even has skulls on the magazine. THERE IS NO MODEL MORE GW THAN THIS.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 18, 2015

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I shipped, should be delivered sometime between the 19th and 23rd.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Ack! Sorry Santas I haven't checked in with photos before now--tis the season to get slammed at work for me. :gonk: I timg-ed each of my photos, because there are so many--they aren't particularly big, but click to make bigger!

MAIN ROUND SANTA:
What's this? Gifts??

Gray cat, are you going to inspect these?? ...ok, thanks.

Sage advice.

What do you think, gray cat? Can we complain?? :v: (No, we can't... 7 Wonders is great)

Ohhh, mannn!!

Oh, nice! This looks like a game I'll love, Santa! Thanks!! :D

...are you loving kidding me? That was on the floor for MAYBE five minutes!

The packaging continued to be loved the next day:

Thank you, Santa thegodofchuck!! :D I love 7 Wonders, and I'm always excited for a new game with a peaceful aesthetic!

BONUS ROUND SANTA:
You'll notice your gifts merited inspection by the far more lazy inspector... and he loved your choice of shipping container.

What do you think, yellow cat? Does it pass the sniff test? ...ok, thanks?

...ok, this one passes inspection right out of the box!

No, there's nothing left for you to rub your face on, you jerk

Oh, nice!! :D

I didn't know this existed!! (And it doubly passed inspection, apparently?)

Thank you, bonus Santa!! Again, I'm a huge fan of 7 Wonders, so I can't wait to try out the new expansion, and a two player version sounds amazing!!

Leperflesh: my main round gift has been sent! I sent you an email about the bonus round gift.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Just got back from shipping part 1 of my main round gift, and I got email confirmation part 2 shipped yesterday. The race is on!

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
Cheers for the Imgur info guys, old-man NeoAnjou remembers back in the days where you used to have your own web-space to host images! It's nice you don't need to have an account or anything.

So here everything is delightfully wrapped (gotta love the muppets wrapping paper):

And all unwrapped!

I apologise for the absence of any cats.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

NeoAnjou posted:

OMG!

Cheers.

Neil.

Glad they arrived safe and you like them! Hopefully the board games fit nicely into your collection. You had a fun Amazon gift list too; I actually bought doubles for my family :)

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Just dropping in to soothe a santee who hasn't gotten their present yet- I'll be mailing mine out this weekend! Took a bit longer to finish it than I'd initially hoped. Chin up, good things coming your way, santee. :D

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

BonHair posted:

A mailman appeared right when I was doing nothing at all! He brought this:

A present! Sadly I have neither pets no minis, and I am not fit for human viewing myself.

A note was included, leaving me slightly worried, because I do like my boards:

But a great game emerged! Thank you! I was secretly hoping it would be Dominion, because after some initial reluctance, I really like it, but I still need to convince the girlfriend. Hopefully she will be forced to like it now :D

Edit: I am literally floating around in happiness, and the rotation is to match my viewing angle :colbert:

I completely missed this post somehow, and have been worried for days that the package was mis-delivered! I'm glad you like it and hope you can get your girlfriend to enjoy it :) I haven't yet been able to get my fiance to try any of the 'real' games my group plays, so I'm hoping she'll eventually get around to trying this at home!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Special Request:

A Goon is requesting a list of good nerd shops to shop online at, situated in Australia. I think someone posted something like that, but I can't remember who or when.

Board Game Shopper lets you price check most of Australia's stores.

I usually shop from Games Empire, the prices are good and they're run by excellent people. (They're closed December 25-11 Jan so the goon might want to order fast?)

If they don't have what you need: I've had good experiences with Good Games, OzGameShop, Mighty Ape, and Games Paradise, but price check first because they're usually more expensive and have different shipping rates. I've heard good things about Mind Games, Milsims and Advent Games but I haven't tried them. Everything except Mind Games is on Board Game Shopper.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 18, 2015

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Lichtenstein posted:

PS. Actually, there is one more thing to be anxious about : potatocubed, I'd appreciate it if you dropped a word on whether the trip to deli was successful, as those guys, while friendly, are a bit of a pain to coordinate poo poo with.

Unsuccessful, I'm afraid. I showed the ticket to the girl on the counter and she was all "???".

Is there someone specific there I could show it to?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
In an hour and a half from now it's gently caress This poo poo O'Clock and I'm on holiday until January. On Tuesday I'm flying to Switzerland and won't be back until the 4th January so any gift that arrives after tonight is likely to sit on my desk until the new year.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

potatocubed posted:

Unsuccessful, I'm afraid. I showed the ticket to the girl on the counter and she was all "???".

Is there someone specific there I could show it to?

:sigh: Can't say I'm surprised. Try asking for Mr. Michał (read: Mikhau, or Mikhal), who I presume is the owner, as he handled most of this stuff. You might try also just explaining you're that guy supposed to get a remote order from Poland.

It'll probably be the best for your sanity to google their telephone number, ask for Mr. Michał, explain the poo poo, and then go to the place and ask for him again.

They're apparently not the sharpest operation around.

[edit] You should be ok pestering them over the weekend.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 18, 2015

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Cheer dispatched. Unfortunately was not able to handmake a cool thing for my santee, but I think I did ok anyways!

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

I got called out of town. My gift will have to wait for me to get back on the 26th.

Sorry, Santa. I promise pictures when I get home, though.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I just got a package from Mantic, so I assumed I was finally getting one of the many things that I need replaced because Mantic isn't all that swell about fulfilling their Kickstarters perfectly. The customs declaration said "Cards" so I thought oh, finally my AI deck for Deadzone, about time, I've only been promised it twice now. $32 is kind of a high declared value though.

Hm, this isn't an AI deck at all? How'd they mess it up like this?!

Oh! I bet this is from my Secret Santa!

Thanks Secret Santa!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

thegodofchuck posted:

I just got a package from Mantic, so I assumed I was finally getting one of the many things that I need replaced because Mantic isn't all that swell about fulfilling their Kickstarters perfectly. The customs declaration said "Cards" so I thought oh, finally my AI deck for Deadzone, about time, I've only been promised it twice now. $32 is kind of a high declared value though.

Thanks Secret Santa!

Oh, thank God, it finally arrived! I ordered this back in November, because I'm not a minis person and didn't know Mantic had a... reputation. Now I do.

You're welcome! I saw you had an interest in unusual decks of cards/card games on Kickstarter, and when I found that on the Mantic page, I figured you might enjoy it. It can be used as a stand-alone game, a Tarot deck, or a standard card deck. I hope you enjoy it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

EatinCake posted:

Just dropping in to soothe a santee who hasn't gotten their present yet- I'll be mailing mine out this weekend! Took a bit longer to finish it than I'd initially hoped. Chin up, good things coming your way, santee. :D

Be sure to select an appropriate shipping option that will definitely get the gift to its destination on time, please.

Helen Highwater posted:

In an hour and a half from now it's gently caress This poo poo O'Clock and I'm on holiday until January. On Tuesday I'm flying to Switzerland and won't be back until the 4th January so any gift that arrives after tonight is likely to sit on my desk until the new year.

Your gift shipped very recently, so it's probably going to arrive while you're away. Someone will be there to receive it and put it on your desk or something, right?

thegodofchuck posted:

Thanks Secret Santa!

Need to hear from whoever sent this - here or privately - becuase thegodofchuck has multiple inbound gifts, so I'm not sure who to mark off as complete!

• Locked thread