Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
who loving cares goddamn just do whatever you have to do

the marines will look fine with bolt pistols and chainswords gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
My immersion is a delicate thing, don't ruin it.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Recoome posted:

who loving cares goddamn just do whatever you have to do

the marines will look fine with bolt pistols and chainswords gently caress

My immersion > Your convenience. Check your pattern-privilege.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

As long as the other guy is mad I don't give a poo poo what their toys look like.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

What is the cheapest way to convert the tac marines in the BoC boxed set to assault type marines? Anyone know if just general 40k ccw and bolt pistols work well?

They'd physically fit just fine, the kits are interchangeable with other Marine kits, but the weapons are the wrong mark. I guess this sort of set would help you along your way, but it'd get pricey quick:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legion-MKIV-Power-Weapons-Set
For jump packs, you'd have to go third party.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hixson posted:

Another batch of dudes ready for basing!

drat.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Not gunna lie, the new leviathan arm looks kinda badass.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
The new leviathan just makes me want to run a death guard army with as much phosphex and grav as possible........drown the board in templates!!

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Why does the girl on WarhammerTV paint things backwards? It's really weird.

Why would you paint the trim before the base color?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I do that if the trim is in metallics/dark and the base is yellow, red or white. Easier to fix.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That leviathan weapon looks like a bunch of vehicle exhaust pipes taped together.

The Forge-Master didn't get what the troops meant by "something new to smoke out the enemy".

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Looks like a 6 short barreled laser destroyer array like on the vindicator.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I used that ironclad drill bit for my contemptor too. The normal dreadnought chain sword works too.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
Question: I am going to start getting Calth models put together today after work, and I am not sure the ideal way to equip the following:

Night Lords Contemptor
Night Lords Legion Terminators

Neither figure largely into my plans, but it would be nice to get them together and sprayed. Any suggestions from 30k vets?

On the plus side, I'll soon have 10 Night Raptors, 10 Destroyers, 30 Terror Squad members and a squad of 20 regular marines. Still unsure with the last 10 marines.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OhDearGodNo posted:

Why does the girl on WarhammerTV paint things backwards? It's really weird.

Why would you paint the trim before the base color?

I miss Duncan. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

overthefalls posted:

Question: I am going to start getting Calth models put together today after work, and I am not sure the ideal way to equip the following:

Night Lords Contemptor

Neither figure largely into my plans, but it would be nice to get them together and sprayed. Any suggestions from 30k vets?

On the plus side, I'll soon have 10 Night Raptors, 10 Destroyers, 30 Terror Squad members and a squad of 20 regular marines. Still unsure with the last 10 marines.

If you go mortis then dual melta, kheres, autocannons, or lascannons are good options depending on what you want to do. If you go regular old dreadnaught then CCW with melta/grav/plasma blasters

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

LordAba posted:

I miss Duncan. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing.
He was there like yesterday. I think they just do a few at a time.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

overthefalls posted:

Night Lords Contemptor

Support marines drop podding/Rhinoing in with either Flamers, plasma or melta, can also be used to great effect in Zone Mortalis games.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Killer_Bees! posted:

Support marines drop podding/Rhinoing in with either Flamers, plasma or melta, can also be used to great effect in Zone Mortalis games.

No dedicated transports in Zone Mortalis games. (You might realize this already given your comma placement, but I want things to be as clear as possible for people less familiar with the absolute best 30k/40k format :shobon:)

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I strongly feel like Raven Guard would be the best Zone Mortalis army.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

Sulecrist posted:

Zone Mortalis games the absolute best 30k/40k format

This truth needs to be spread around more. Shits tight and more fun than 99% of any 40k match I have ever had, and with 30k its the business.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I strongly feel like Raven Guard would be the best Zone Mortalis army.

Yeah, I agree.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 17, 2015

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
If only the board weren't a loving thousand dollars.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Honesly I just make a ZM labyrinth by using books and poo poo like that. Sorry if it breaks ~your immersion~ but we aren't all made of loving money and I have a life so I can't actually afford to do it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also cardboard + blu-tack for doors

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

We're making an asteroid field ZM board at my local club. Uses 15 boxes of promethium relay pipes and 5 plasma obliterator terrain pieces so far. Also 1.5 of those giant boxes of GW gothic city terrain.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Recoome posted:

Honesly I just make a ZM labyrinth by using books and poo poo like that. Sorry if it breaks ~your immersion~ but we aren't all made of loving money and I have a life so I can't actually afford to do it.

You should speculate in risky penny shares like I do. When(if) you win buy way too much poo poo from Forge World. When you loose you got some tax deductions.

Edit: Is it stupid to buy a Zone Mortalis set when you only have three people who are willing to regularly play it with you?

krursk fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 17, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Friend made a ZM board out of a bunch of 1x1 squares, casted pillars and formed walls, it's pretty rad since we can do any design we want. Lacks the cool features of the more permanent boards though. Can't wait till he finishes his fists so we can play 30k on it.

Let's you do entertaing stuff like this though.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Recoome posted:

Also cardboard + blu-tack for doors

Hell, just buy a bunch of Jenga blocks, spray paint them gray or silver or whatever. Arrange as needed

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Here is a terminator I did as a test mini for the Alpha Legion project.

I need to get some medium to thin the glaze a bit, to make it easier to control...but even a slightly messy application still looks kind of cool.

Yeah, I decided to go with lightning claws + heavy flamer on the squad. It may not be very practical, but lightning claw cataphractii look bad rear end.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

DeadGame posted:

I need to get some medium to thin the glaze a bit, to make it easier to control...but even a slightly messy application still looks kind of cool.

Yeah, I decided to go with lightning claws + heavy flamer on the squad. It may not be very practical, but lightning claw cataphractii look bad rear end.

Loving the Alpha Legion bro really nice deep green/blue you have there, I love how every time I see someone do them its a new take on them. I am sorely tempted to do up some but I have a gently caress load of World Eater to do yet once my Night Lords are done.

Speaking of Night Lords, Sevatar is 90% done and once he is finished can move onto doing it scenic base thingy.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

DeadGame posted:

Lightning claw terminators are way better in 30k than 40k. I have a bunch of lightning claws on mine.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Close Combat in general is much better in 30k due to no ATSKNF and its easy access to AP3 and 2.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Lightning claw cataphractii are indeed the poo poo. Just look imposing. The 40k terminator helmets look poo poo

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Master crafted rending power claws are even better.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Lord Twisted posted:

Lightning claw cataphractii are indeed the poo poo. Just look imposing. The 40k terminator helmets look poo poo

I like the old terminators, but lately the tartaros mark terminators have been growing on me.

The only drawback to the Cataphractii design is no good place to put prominent legion markings. I decided that for the Alpha Legion terminators, they wouldn't wear personal arms on their service shields and instead would have a very simple aleph-null. It seems more than any other legion, the Alpha Legion would tend not to have personally identifying markers of any kind.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
oh my loving god

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Paging Hixson come in Hixson

I wouldn't call them exceptional, but they are solid

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It's good stuff for the rank and file. It feels s bit weak compared to, say, the Ultra stuff, but it's a good start.

I don't get why they didn't do the fancy trims or the more classical helmets from the artwork though. Still getting 30 mk4 tho.

e. That Command Damocles fits like poo poo, wow. The whole drat thing would require green stuff to make it fit without gaps all over. it's the Fire Raptor all over again.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Some of those toros are awful. :(

The bottom left one in particular looks like someone squashed a ball of putty with the end of a tool and then made the three lines with their finger nail. The scarab legs on the centre one are similar, the top right leg they haven't even aligned at the corner.

That is the most phoned in bullshit FW have ever produced :stare:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Damocles has just been dry fitted for the photo. In the first one the front plate has slipped down. It's in the right place in the others.