Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

You be the Jesus, Komatsu. You be the Jesus.

Edit: Actually this is more like Food Buddha. Foodha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Green Intern posted:

You be the Jesus, Komatsu. You be the Jesus.

Edit: Actually this is more like Food Buddha. Foodha.

Komatsu shall be one of many Gourmetsattva

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Chiyo :unsmith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Same

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Appetite Demon Soul World Cruise Liner is some wacky poo poo that could only exist in Toriko and it's amazing. Shame we didn't get to see some food-demony transformations for the other chefs though, just Komatsu's "Air-Cooking" form. Which was still neat.

Seriously, I thought it was a restaurant. Silly me.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Toriko 350 is out

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
what is this thing:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Was That Frhoze's Spirit there at the end?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

AtomikKrab posted:

Was That Frhoze's Spirit there at the end?

I think so. It was the same spirit Komatsu briefly encountered a couple chapters ago.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

i flunked out posted:

what is this thing:

Just your average food spirit. It hungers for melon and sausage, mostly.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it's interstellar

brotato
May 14, 2013
I like another looking at komatsu with big shiny kawaii eyes while they're all talking about cooking it.

Also this flashback is extra fun if you imagine this is komatsu describing all these events over the phone to toriko while wolf king guinness patiently waits for him to hang up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

brotato posted:

I like another looking at komatsu with big shiny kawaii eyes while they're all talking about cooking it.

Also this flashback is extra fun if you imagine this is komatsu describing all these events over the phone to toriko while wolf king guinness patiently waits for him to hang up.

Guinness can probably hear the call, and he heard komatsu is bringing some another, wolf king wants some of that for himself.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Chapter 351!

I thought this was a really good chapter! Seeing Chiyo finally get closure was wonderful considering how far she had fallen because of her son. She was diabolical when she first showed up. Don Slime giving up on Ichiryuu makes sense seeing as it completely kills its host. I know Ichiryuu is going to show up again so I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Reiche posted:

Chapter 351!

I thought this was a really good chapter! Seeing Chiyo finally get closure was wonderful considering how far she had fallen because of her son. She was diabolical when she first showed up. Don Slime giving up on Ichiryuu makes sense seeing as it completely kills its host. I know Ichiryuu is going to show up again so I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve!

Don Slime couldn't do it to The Pres could he? couldn't annihilate him to revive, so he's going out with a vengence.

Remember when we thought the series was gonna end cause of the weird poo poo?

Nah, shits just about to START going down.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I guess that Ichiryuu was aware of this plan and did some complicated thing to keep himself safe after death, so Don Slime has just gone for a less than ideal choice.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://readms.com/r/toriko/352/3124/1

Maybe it's because I'm skimming the chapter, but I have no clue what happened KOMATSU NOSE IS BACK

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Huh, apparently Neo ate the Whale King. That's disappointing; guess we're not getting that encounter. Though, I guess they got Another without facing off with him. Still, though, I wanted to see Moon in action.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Joie/Joa/Wheeler pulling his best "OK" face there.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 18, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

pinegala posted:

http://readms.com/r/toriko/352/3124/1

Maybe it's because I'm skimming the chapter, but I have no clue what happened KOMATSU NOSE IS BACK

Jirou and Midora are going to die in the next couple chapters, it's gunna be awesome.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
seriously someone explain what happened to this manga since the Bambino arc

and more seriously what any of this had to do with Komatsu's nose

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

pinegala posted:

seriously someone explain what happened to this manga since the Bambino arc

and more seriously what any of this had to do with Komatsu's nose

They explained everything there was the explain about gourmet cells and the demons that come with them. Komatsu got sort of a character redesign in the last couple chapters and I guess now they've decided to change him back.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hey, it seems like double demons like Toriko has going on has happened at least a couple times before :toot:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This cracked my poo poo up.

Also did not expect Moon to get taken out, I thought Moon took it out immediately.

Also Toriko is the best manga because I read Moon as the actual satellite of earth Moon and did not skip a beat. "poo poo Acacia ate the moon? I thought Don Slime broke it. I wonder why.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Am I reading the same thing as you all? The page clearly says That damned Moon ate it, meaning the whale ate neo and that is why all the soul demons were freaking out. Neo did not eat Moon.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Batmasterson posted:

Am I reading the same thing as you all? The page clearly says That damned Moon ate it, meaning the whale ate neo and that is why all the soul demons were freaking out. Neo did not eat Moon.

Don Slime talks in slang, he's saying that moon "bit the big one" or "ate it", thus his killer, Acacia, is now on the move.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Batmasterson posted:

I think MS did one of their "upload the unproofread version, make corrections over time" things here, because I checked the pages again and those lines were definitely different when I read it earlier. That, or I'm crazy. One of the two.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Jirou and Midora are going to die in the next couple chapters, it's gunna be awesome.

Why would Jirou dying be awesome?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

sharktamer posted:

Why would Jirou dying be awesome?

Everyone's gotta go sometime, and Ichiryuu's last battle was badass as hell. :getin:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Also, for the sake of the story, I think it's very likely Jirou, Midora and Don Slime would lose, otherwise the main characters got gently caress all to do.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Everyone's gotta go sometime, and Ichiryuu's last battle was badass as hell. :getin:

But he wasnt even trying in that one.

Now we have Jirou going full battle crazy mode and that will be awesome.

brotato
May 14, 2013
Glad I'm not the only one feeling this.

Now that this is over maybe we can catch up with the other Kings, see what they've been up to.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That got a good belly laugh from me. I love this manga.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

But he wasnt even trying in that one.

Now we have Jirou going full battle crazy mode and that will be awesome.

I think the odds are stacked against the heroes this time, with Jirou facing down all of the blue nitro at once, and Midora going toe to toe with Joa might not work out well for Midora if he can't pull the trigger because Joa looks like Frozhe.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I think the odds are stacked against the heroes this time, with Jirou facing down all of the blue nitro at once, and Midora going toe to toe with Joa might not work out well for Midora if he can't pull the trigger because Joa looks like Frozhe.

Y'all crazy if you dont think Jirou is going to literally eat a few nitro.

[e]:REMOVED DOUBLE NEGATIVE

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 18, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Actully he is only fighting 5 of them. Their are 8 in total with 1 dead having been eaten by NEO. (The dead one Air is also the same one that killed Ichiryu.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Y'all crazy if you dont think Jirou isn't going to literally eat a few nitro.

Hell yeah he's gunna take a bunch down with him I hope!! It looks like he's already deep into the fight too.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actully he is only fighting 5 of them. Their are 8 in total with 1 dead having been eaten by NEO. (The dead one Air is also the same one that killed Ichiryu.

They're pretty tough, remember that time that one nitro evaded Midora after trying to eat Ichiryuu?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Don Slime talks in slang, he's saying that moon "bit the big one" or "ate it", thus his killer, Acacia, is now on the move.
Moon's stomach is connected to the soul world. Moon ate the neo-thing, so it ended up in soul world, and Don Slime saw it before being revived. That's the only way his dialogue makes any sense: "right before I arrived, something quite remarkable flowed into the soul world. Moon must've eaten it. I'm sure of that."

Not that making sense is a big deal for this story arc.

Btw did the release schedule change recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Moon's stomach is connected to the soul world. Moon ate the neo-thing, so it ended up in soul world, and Don Slime saw it before being revived. That's the only way his dialogue makes any sense: "right before I arrived, something quite remarkable flowed into the soul world. Moon must've eaten it. I'm sure of that."

Not that making sense is a big deal for this story arc.

Btw did the release schedule change recently?

I see. That makes slightly more sense than what I had thought. This chapter was confusing.

• Locked thread