Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Have you been to Sylvanum yet? Very bad Burning Crusade memories :negative:

Seriously; do not take your Skell to Sylvanum :cripes:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I'm level 22 and I have 848k of money to spend. Except that all the higher weapons/armor that's for sale in the store is only available at a higher level for me. So I don't really know what to spend my money on.

I feel dumb but what do I spend all this money on?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'm level 22 and I have 848k of money to spend. Except that all the higher weapons/armor that's for sale in the store is only available at a higher level for me. So I don't really know what to spend my money on.

Save it for an Amadusias Skell at level 30.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I don't know if it's just the AI being crap at survival or what, but my Urban seems drastically more survival than my teammates Amdusias and Mastemas. Mostly due the whole not getting hit thing.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seriously; do not take your Skell to Sylvanum :cripes:.

Sylvanum survival tips: If something looks like it might pop up and kill you, it will. If nothing looks like it might pop up and kill you, something is directly above you about to kill you.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So what's the easiest way to make money? I'm out of Skell Insurance and either i go buy another Inferno or i spend 250k everytime it blows up and i'm thinking it's easier to just to buy another Frame

Daigurren Mk2 i guess he'll be called :(

If you're out of insurance just strip all your equips sell your skell and buy another one then reequip everything.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TurnipFritter posted:

Sylvanum survival tips: If something looks like it might pop up and kill you, it will. If nothing looks like it might pop up and kill you, something is directly above you about to kill you.

While fighting something that you know can't kill you, a giant, silent, robot is slowly floating up behind you to kill you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RoyalScion posted:

If you're out of insurance just strip all your equips sell your skell and buy another one then reequip everything.

Yeah, this. Don't give it to an AI player, they'll trash it and you'll have to pay repairs still.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

While fighting something that you know can't kill you, a giant, silent, robot is slowly floating up behind you to kill you.

I became EXCEEDINGLY good at hearing their floating sound effect.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
So many of these game plot crisis could be avoided if Lin just died at the start of the game.

Or at least if she was locked at home the entire time.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

PRADA SLUT posted:

So many of these game plot crisis could be avoided if Lin just died at the start of the game.

Or at least if she was locked at home the entire time.

If Lin died at the start of the game you'd never get the flight pack. And that's terrible.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
It's really weird finding pieces of the Lifehold but you can't do anything with them yet because you haven't reached that part in the story yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

It's really weird finding pieces of the Lifehold but you can't do anything with them yet because you haven't reached that part in the story yet.

Yeah, I get why but I really wish they'd done something to avoid the "there's a piece RIGHT THERE" issue.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'm level 40 with 8.6mil and I can safely say you'll want a lot more once you start getting more skell access

Also I just tried fighting a level 39 tyrant for a Tobias quest and um this thing has way too much loving health

Looper fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 18, 2015

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Finally hit 50 and can grab a new skell so...Inferno, Mastema, or Amdusias? I want to say grab the Amdusias and make some accuracy augments?

And is there a map out there for the plans for the lv50 weapons? I'd love to try some AOE base destroying :v:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

H.B. posted:

Superior Trash Talk!

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Looper posted:

I'm level 40 with 8.6mil and I can safely say you'll want a lot more once you start getting more skell access

Also I just tried fighting a level 39 tyrant for a Tobias quest and um this thing has way too much loving health

I had to get a level 50 Skell before I could beat that Tyrant. The size modifiers to health and damage are no joke.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Fhqwhgads posted:

And is there a map out there for the plans for the lv50 weapons? I'd love to try some AOE base destroying :v:

The plans are only for the superweapons. If you wanna nuke bases, go to the base near FN 406 and grab yourself a nice 450 Phoenix.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Christ the plot writing just gets worse and worse as time goes on

lol @ the ending cinematic with Lin driving on the "open road" as the camera pans up, which is just the short-rear end new LA road going nowhere

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 18, 2015

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Having completed the game, this is my review:

I recommend this game if you're really into cutscenes that focus on someones rear end or Lao's package.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sorry bud game's not over until you beat the endbringer it's kind of his name y'know

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Only if the drop table contains new tank tops

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I need Skell augments for the chapter 10 boss. What's the best way to farm up a bunch of mechanoid slayer augments?

Also, do character stats matter when fighting in Skells, or is it just the stats of the Skell itself?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got some Scythe back weapon for my Skell, and its Art does two strong hits that deal more damage if I'm behind an enemy, and my ability to kill things above my level has shot up insanely. Still, it's hard to believe I'm nowhere close to endgame, and seeing you all talk about it is spooky.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Do the Chapter 8 bosses deal beam damage? They pull out beam swords, so I was wondering if it'd be worth upping my beam resistance before taking them on. Focusing on Evasion up augments might be more practical though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

HB is a treasure.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

Pollyanna posted:

I need Skell augments for the chapter 10 boss. What's the best way to farm up a bunch of mechanoid slayer augments?

Also, do character stats matter when fighting in Skells, or is it just the stats of the Skell itself?

Beat up puges in oblivia's little southern base next to the giant hole in the ground, the poo poo little buggers that go down in one hit. Any puge will work, they all drop standard cranks.

Anyone know where I can find Oc-serv SOUTHERN crests? I've never encountered an Oc-serv that drops one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I get why but I really wish they'd done something to avoid the "there's a piece RIGHT THERE" issue.

I think they should've had some lesser pieces that're "okay" to find to offset that, like minor lore-stuffed databases or whatever. The big important pieces? Rammed right into a mountain/crevasse and needed excavating to even find, or whatever.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Have you been to Sylvanum yet? Very bad Burning Crusade memories :negative:

I've got almost 60% of mira surveyed, and almost 60% of cauldros surveyed, so yes.

My burning crusade memories is actually Cauldros, first time stepping into there felt like first time stepping into Hellfire Peninsula.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I've got almost 60% of mira surveyed, and almost 60% of cauldros surveyed, so yes.

My burning crusade memories is actually Cauldros, first time stepping into there felt like first time stepping into Hellfire Peninsula.

The very first time I stepped in there, I still didn't even have a Skell, I was just wandering around for the hell of it. I aggroed something at the very edge of northern Sylvalum I couldn't kill so I decided to rush into Cauldros to try and lose the aggro. Except the goddamn Meteor Storm weather was going on at the time, so my instant reaction was basically just "nope not doing this no way" and immediately ran back into Sylvalum.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What's the big Storage Probe configuration with 8 probes?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I finished the game finally, of course it would leave the one thing I was hoping for open as a cliffhanger :colbert:

Ended up buying the heaviest level 50 skell and replacing my rabbit one with it and it made such a huge difference.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If I beeline to the end of the game, would I miss any side quests or can I do everything in postgame?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

bloodychill posted:

If I beeline to the end of the game, would I miss any side quests or can I do everything in postgame?

Postgame

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Nope. Game pretty much expects you to beeline most content, honestly. The gating in this game is kind of frustrating, so now I'm just doing the minimum requirements to get through the story.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Some of the side quests get a hell of a lot easier with skells / flying / a few extra levels / etc. You won't optimize things like your income or AM's since you won't have all the probes and sites and quests, but you'll make it up fairly easily.

1) What's the best power leveling spot at 60?

2) How do you get Elma into her chapter 12 clothes again?

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 18, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

What's the best power leveling spot at 60?

Either do the last EXP Support Mission or make a bunch of Insectoid Slayer XX skell augs, two claymores, Phoenix and G-Buster and repeatedly beat the poo poo out of Joker and the other blattas inside the flower at the north of Noctilum.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You're playing Xenoblade Chronicles X wrong if you're not putting Force Awakens spoilers in your online greeting.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
vader is lukes father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bloodychill posted:

As far as I know, the only thing you can miss is (post chapter 9) heart-to-hearts with Lao, but they don't affect survey completion so it's not that big a deal

• Locked thread