Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hartley for captain? Things were looking up for England for a brief moment there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

HappyCamperGL posted:

Martin Johnson was just as much of a thug as Hartley is.

And he turned out OK as skipper.

Martin was a oval office that the refs liked. Hartley is a oval office that calls refs cheats.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Irish version of Hartley got a two week suspension for kneeing a player in the face as the player was getting up from a ruck. I think he'd make excellent captain material too.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Vaders Jester posted:

Irish version of Hartley got a two week suspension for kneeing a player in the face as the player was getting up from a ruck. I think he'd make excellent captain material too.

The gently caress is with Irish player citations anyway? It's like they have a tenth of a normal penalty.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Plucky Brit posted:

The gently caress is with Irish player citations anyway? It's like they have a tenth of a normal penalty.

He was apparently judged to have done it accidentally...

Except it's Cian Healey so it was definitely not accidental.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Plucky Brit posted:

This time the citing commission made a bit of a mess of the whole thing. They cleared Healy of the offence he was cited for (which I cannot understand for the life of me) and then found him guilty of a different offence that he hadn't been charged with. He'll miss the Toulon match but he may end up getting off on some technicality.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Vaders Jester posted:

He was apparently judged to have done it accidentally...

Except it's Cian Healey so it was definitely not accidental.

His record is Hartley-ish, but nobody seems to look at it.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Ah good Bath remember to be poo poo again. 33% of own ball won ffs.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
A bunch of supporters realised that The Ospreys clubhouse is open to the public and has a 5-star chef, so I guess this is where I watch every rugby match, ever, from now on.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

thegasman2000 posted:

Ah good Bath remember to be poo poo again. 33% of own ball won ffs.

Was not a fun game to watch. I have no idea what's going with our scrum :(

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Ulster winning 25-16 in Toulouse, :getin:

Probably still not qualifying but a win in France on top of last week's 5 pointer is a nice little bonus.

E: 23-25 loool hope I didn't speak too soon

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 20, 2015

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Stuart McCloskey is a beast, I can't wait to see him playing for Ireland. Himself and Henshaw would be a fairly huge centre pairing

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

We're coming down with centres at the minute with McCloskey breaking out, Cave and Marshall coming back into form and Olding (who looked special before back to back ACL injuries so fingers crossed he's not crocked) on the books.

Henshaw-McCloskey would be a seriously beefy partnership though, hopefully he gets a chance for Ireland sooner rather than later.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Watching Exeter get pummelled is sad to see. They are truly rudderless.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

thegasman2000 posted:

Watching Exeter get pummelled is sad to see. They are truly rudderless.

Ospreys made Clermont mad :{

Edit : REALLY mad :{

Tyma fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 20, 2015

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Cross field kick coming off too. Some times it's just not your night. Hope Exeter don't take too many negatives away.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Poor exeter, so much hope and so much disappointment. Clermont are scary when they're firing off though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Two yellows in ~two minutes feels like it should have bigger ramifications.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Holy crap, The Sunwolves have the worst kit in professional rugby. Did they go to the same designer as all those 7s Pub Teams who cover their shirts in garish colours and Las Vegas showgirls?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Best name though.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Merry Christmas Goons!

Hope you all have a good one and it's been cool hanging out with you all this year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Vaders Jester posted:

Merry Christmas Goons!

Hope you all have a good one and it's been cool hanging out with you all this year.

Yup, happy Christmas all. One final bitter drink raised to the success of Plan 'Ruin it for the English'

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

tarbrush posted:

Yup, happy Christmas all. One final bitter drink raised to the success of Plan 'Ruin it for the English'

I will crack open one of my good Christmas beers to such an excellent plan. Merry Christmas all, one day Ireland will progress past the quarter-finals.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Here's to another promising Scottish build up and then the Wooden Spoon.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Merry Christmas, it's been a great year for rugby and following this thread has made it all the more enjoyable

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Merry Christmas everybody, we made it through a world cup that was designed to turn the north against the south and an implosion that could've turned the English against everyone.

We made it, let's hope 2016 is as good as the last.

and Ulster and Ireland win everything in it

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Merry Christmas all, here's to a great year of rugby and the hope of many more to come!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The annual Scarlet vs Ospreys war is on at 2. It's about 50\50 as to whether Hanno Dirkssen or Liam Williams gets sent off first!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Also looks to be on BBC Wales for those who don't have other plans and can't get to Llanelli.

As an aside, I've suckered myself into playing for the very first time in the New Year for a team who want new players (it wasn't offered at my school when I was younger, and I figure it's now or never to play it). I'm buying boots and a gumshield on Monday, but is there anything else kit-wise I should definitely get? I've got history of knee ligament issues so ideally I'd rather not blow a lot of money if I'm going to end up crocking myself straight away.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
How big are you? If you're 'a big lad' I'd recommend some shoulder pads, but they're not vital.

Have you got proper rugby shorts? Being pantsed on your first day cause you're wearing normal athletic shorts will stick with you if traditional rugby culture holds.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I'm 6' and 170 so not what I'd think of as a big lad, I guess. I'm suspecting that I'll be thrown at the backs, but obviously happy to do whatever I'm told to do. And thanks for the shorts tip: I hadn't even thought about that so I'll pick some up.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:lol: at the Scarlets supporter giving the "V" to the Ospreys supporter next to him live on national television.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

What was Ball binned for? The refereeing looks poo poo without any context :(

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

:lol: at the Scarlets supporter giving the "V" to the Ospreys supporter next to him live on national television.

The scarlets mascot keeps getting heckled by ospreys suppoters when he walks near the short touchline.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

What was Ball binned for? The refereeing looks poo poo without any context :(

Late tackle into the back of Biggar while Dan was on the ground. Pretty fair as Ball had enough time to pull back and not hit him.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

fallingdownjoe posted:

I'm 6' and 170 so not what I'd think of as a big lad, I guess. I'm suspecting that I'll be thrown at the backs, but obviously happy to do whatever I'm told to do. And thanks for the shorts tip: I hadn't even thought about that so I'll pick some up.

A baselayer is pretty handy, warm or cold weather. Also worth bringing a warm top if you're subbing.

You'll have a blast, I started when I was 27 having never played before and not done any real exercise in a decade. I really don't remember how I spent my Saturdays before. Only downside is that I can't watch Leicester Tigers live as often.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

O.K. The Cardiff Blues get a penalty try from a crooked line out, I've seen everything. End rugby.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Ultragonk posted:

O.K. The Cardiff Blues get a penalty try from a crooked line out, I've seen everything. End rugby.

Oh and they can have a pen. for nothing. O.K. let's let the laws fall away and the refs can just do what the gently caress they want.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Ultragonk posted:

It sucks watching Patchell win the big derby match for a team that can't wait to shovel him out the door :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Ultragonk posted:

Am on a train so missed this game. Sounds like I'll have to watch the highlights :) until then, I'll continue to struggle to figure out how you can get a penalty try from a not straight line out :confused:

stavros880 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 27, 2015