Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

Can somebody give me any reason why the gun skins are perceived as a bad thing, other than "THEY LIEEEEEED"

I feel like the whole "stat boost" thing is obsolete because this is a goddamn PvE game who gives a poo poo if the skins give you +3 damage to your loving rifle that already does 80~ damage

this is payday 2: where the points dont matter

People seem to finally be settling down. Even Redditors started calling their complainers total loving babies, and when I uploaded a Payday video, one of the suggested tags after "Payday 2" was "salt." Political movements have realized this, but you really can't maintain that type of without making everyone but your most die hard supporters sick of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

Can somebody give me any reason why the gun skins are perceived as a bad thing, other than "THEY LIEEEEEED"

Because 1) change is bad, so :cry: and 2) Overkill did a really, REALLY bad job of presenting things initially that caused bad blood that could have been avoided. And I guess maybe 3) the pricing structure is kinda dumb given the rest of the game's, but that's mostly because they copied it directly from CS:GO.

So basically, nothing legitimate.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It doesn't really matter now as the skins are being bought by the people that hated it the most on steam and life goes on.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Are they though? I know I'm speaking anecdotally here but pretty much everyone on my friends list that was against the skins (and largely more opposed to the rebalance) stopped playing entirely since Crimefest. I lost a lot of people that I could have invited to play with me; the people who are still playing and also have skins weren't vocally opposed to begin with and they sure as gently caress aren't gambling for them.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Anyone want to do dumb stuff when I'm home in a while? I keep forgetting I'm on a forum that has Real People I Could Be Grouping With.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/deiterbomber

Aqua_D fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 17, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Demitri Omni posted:

Anyone want to do dumb stuff when I'm home in a while? I keep forgetting I'm on a forum that has Real People I Could Be Grouping With.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/deiterbomber

I'd be happy to, but also note that lotsa folks here meet up using the Payday 2 Goons steam group, and with the Camping the Stairs mumble channel.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

I love this new achievement already even though I haven't done it yet.

it's going to be magical

you can probably stealth at least part of it on day 1 even with scrub detection, but why

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Are they though? I know I'm speaking anecdotally here but pretty much everyone on my friends list that was against the skins (and largely more opposed to the rebalance) stopped playing entirely since Crimefest. I lost a lot of people that I could have invited to play with me; the people who are still playing and also have skins weren't vocally opposed to begin with and they sure as gently caress aren't gambling for them.

I'm sure a lot of people slowed down or quit out of frustration but it's hard to narrow it down to a single reason. I'm sure part of it is that a lot of people have been playing payday 2 for a long time and are just done with it and definitely not interested in relearning how every gun works. I think they really underestimated how bad the rebalance would gently caress people up even if all the changes weren't negative, which is why I wrote "reverted to Update 78 stats" a lot last month.

I'm also sure they picked up a number of new players and that some of the complainers are right back to playing anyway so who knows. As long as it stays over a minimum threshold to populate crime.net the pub game won't ever die even if the numbers fluctuate from month to month, and the nice thing about 4 player games is it doesn't take much to keep it 'alive' for you and your friends forever.

or, in short, it usually doesn't take me long to browse the saltiest PD2 negative reviews and find someone who has a status of IN GAME: PAYDAY 2

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

You could have a shot at this with your safes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm going to assume this update broke the hell out of Goonmod / customizer because it's adding a new stat option in the menus?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Psion posted:

I'm going to assume this update broke the hell out of Goonmod / customizer because it's adding a new stat option in the menus?
I'm not noticing any problems. Weapon Customiser just happily lists my Baby Deagle's concealment boost (bought with 1 gage coin) as a thing to paint all over, not that it does anything.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I'm a giant loving nerd and want a Hackers inspired heist. We have land crime, air crime, maybe some eventual sea crime, but what of CYBER-CRIME.

In my fantasy of the heist you have to use some computer or like, hacking-hat and shoot cyber-cops and complete objectives inside a lovely 90s VR world while also popping out to shoot cops and complete objectives in the real world.

It would come with a laser-gun, because, why not?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Hurray, an uncommon skin. Hurray, another loving battle-worn skin.

Christmas is cancelled.

OK, Christmas is back.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Boost drops seem surprisingly plentiful all things considered.

Naturally, I haven't gotten one yet.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I did the Monthly with a friend and 2 bots and it didn't complete. Welp.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

watho posted:

I did the Monthly with a friend and 2 bots and it didn't complete. Welp.

Super important piece of information re: the new challenges and achievement - you have to make sure everyone activates their armor bag. Otherwise you're not completing the job with the HBV, you're completing it in a suit, so it doesn't count.

It may or may not be a bit loosey goosey in that you can get away with not doing it on the first 2 days, but you definitely need to on the third. Realistically, there's nothing stopping you from activating it at the very end of the day before you jump in the van, if you're trying to run Rogue or Grinder or something.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 18, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
1: Boosts can go on anything, even unskinned guns
2: Each gun or type of gun has different boosts available
3: :siren:You can Gagecoin the boosts:siren:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

Super important piece of information re: the new challenges and achievement - you have to make sure everyone activates their armor bag. Otherwise you're not completing the job with the HBV, you're completing it in a suit, so it doesn't count.

It may or may not be a bit loosey goosey in that you can get away with not doing it on the first 2 days, but you definitely need to on the third. Realistically, there's nothing stopping you from activating it at the very end of the day before you jump in the van, if you're trying to run Rogue or Grinder or something.

So it was that. We absentmindedly forgot about the armor bag on the first day so that must've been what caused it. I really don't think he'll be up for trying that again. :sigh:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Shima Honnou posted:

I hope Wilko's doing all right-this is either really good or really bad. :ohdear:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Shima Honnou posted:

1: Boosts can go on anything, even unskinned guns
2: Each gun or type of gun has different boosts available

Better jump on that bandwagon before its too late.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Any reason why you shouldn't be able to GageCoin the boosts? I mean, if they're available as a card drop, why not?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

isndl posted:

Any reason why you shouldn't be able to GageCoin the boosts? I mean, if they're available as a card drop, why not?

As they're available as card drops and aren't paid items, I'll probably keep them being unlockable using coins, but I'll be upping the price on them since 1 GC is a little low.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I got a concealment boost in my card drops. Except I don't know what the gently caress I can use it on. I can't apply it to anything I have, it seems, and I can't just go look at the boost itself to see if it lists the weapons it's good on. What the hell?

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Just earned the Christmas safe and drill, but upon opening it the game crashed to desktop. I got no skin either. Would that be a trouble ticket to steam? :qq:

On another topic, is it worth modding a Chimano into an accurate but weak gun for those monthly achievements? Running Judge was hilarious for most of Framing Frame. I just don't know if I can rely on such a weak secondary.

Blight Runner fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 18, 2015

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

lol there's a negative accuracy boost for the steakout

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tulip posted:

almir hates shotguns and people who like using them

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tulip posted:

All shotguns have a +4 or -4 accuracy booster. It's actually really good. Being able to fine-tune accuracy with shotguns is surprisingly helpful.

Of course the boosts are super minimal so it won't matter a LOT, but hey.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I got a concealment boost in my card drops. Except I don't know what the gently caress I can use it on. I can't apply it to anything I have, it seems, and I can't just go look at the boost itself to see if it lists the weapons it's good on. What the hell?

Slap it on the Judge and get it to 30 concealment. Or there's a +3 one for the Bernetti 9, which can take it to 33 concealment.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tempest_56 posted:

Slap it on the Judge and get it to 30 concealment. Or there's a +3 one for the Bernetti 9, which can take it to 33 concealment.

I can't.

I literally don't know what gun it goes on but it sure as hell isn't anything I've checked.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Broken-in MP5 skin. :sigh: At least I bought up every boost I wanted before Goonmod gets updated.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The FAMAS, the PPK, the Bernetti, P90, and the Bronco all have a unique concealment mods if that helps narrow it down.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Plan Z posted:

The FAMAS, the PPK, the Bernetti, P90, and the Bronco all have a unique concealment mods if that helps narrow it down.

It does! I don't use any of those and that goes a long way to explaining why I couldn't find what it worked on.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I have intermittent reports of flamethrowers no longer instantly destroying turrets after today's patch. Can anyone confirm?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Tulip posted:

All shotguns have a negative accuracy one. It's probably among the best along with the flamethrower's damage one and ammo capacity one.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Shotguns like low accuracy, since only one pellet has to hit to do damage, so you might as well spread that poo poo out.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Elliotw2 posted:

Shotguns like low accuracy, since only one pellet has to hit to do damage, so you might as well spread that poo poo out.

:agreed:

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
After playing for several hours tonight I discovered that a team exp boost will only work when applied to a skinned weapon. Lame.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Skins with statboosts still exist, right? Could you potentially get a +1 damage skin for the flamethrower and equip it alongside a +1 damage boost and get +2 or are they exclusive or something now?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The statboost mods override statboost skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

DISREGARD I CAN'T loving READ DESCRIPTIONS.

But what I can see is the fact that those two scope-like things on the Legendary Crosskills skin? They're actually lasers. The kind you toggle on and off.

widespread fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Dec 18, 2015