Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Well for one thing, it's a crime. Secondly it's like stalking except on a mass scale and with political motivation. Imagine if everyone started putting together registers like that, what would happen to public discourse in this country?

Persus would start throwing polttopillus at literally everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Nenonen posted:

Well for one thing, it's a crime. Secondly it's like stalking except on a mass scale and with political motivation. Imagine if everyone started putting together registers like that, what would happen to public discourse in this country?

Sure, it's a crime, and a lovely thing to do. I hope he gets the fine that he has earned. But why are we talking about this?

If you compile a list of two million people, more than a third of the population, that can hardly be called "stalking" anymore. Personally I'd be far more worried to be on a list of a hundred people than one of millions.

What is the political motivation and how has it been demonstrated? If it turns out that someone has been harassed or intimidated because of that database, I will of course change my entire opinion about it.

It is more than likely that all kinds of less-than-legit people have lists like that. I don't even want to know how many lists I am on.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

vuohi posted:

Sure, it's a crime, and a lovely thing to do. I hope he gets the fine that he has earned. But why are we talking about this?

If you compile a list of two million people, more than a third of the population, that can hardly be called "stalking" anymore. Personally I'd be far more worried to be on a list of a hundred people than one of millions.

What is the political motivation and how has it been demonstrated? If it turns out that someone has been harassed or intimidated because of that database, I will of course change my entire opinion about it.

It is more than likely that all kinds of less-than-legit people have lists like that. I don't even want to know how many lists I am on.

Which is why our government should not be making any of this information easily accessible. Keep it public but keep it the way shareownership is, i.e. accessible only with a reason on a specific computer and ban the newspapers from making lists about it that can be tracked later.

No one has to my knowledge been hurt by this yet and I don't know what the political motivation is, but I'm not sure having the addresses of people posting in "controversial" Facebook groups (keep in mind this is not easy to see on Facebook and is almost impossible to wipe out) being easily downloadable will ever be a good thing. There's nothing good that CAN come out of it. Like why is that information something anyone would need to have? You only need one person to abuse it, luckily Finland is incredibly safe now but things can change. Can you imagine this sort of list in Britain or the US for example?

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004
Sorry, but even if I try, there's no other way that I can read that except "ban phone books, at least in electric form". Privacy is very important to me, but that's going too far. Yes, we have to live with the risk that some rear end in a top hat will try to combine the phone book with people's embarrassing but public facebook group memberships.

If there are two million people listed, there's no way that someone has manually combed through their "controversial" posts. What little can be seen in those screenshots is groups. If I am wrong, I'll mention in advance that I know nothing about this except what has been posted ITT.

Keeping a database like that is of course very creepy (unlike some, I don't use that word lightly) and altogether very unfortunate. Even if it is always good advice not to attach your name to dumb poo poo online, there's no reason to blame the victim if someone gets abused for that. Also facebook is terrible in every way. The amount of online tracking they can do with their omnipresent embedded scripts is just absurd. Google ads is primitive when compared to how well personalized my facebook ads are. It will be one hell of a day for everyone when all that poo poo leaks one day.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
tuskinpa se enemmän pahaa saa sillä listallansa aikaan kuin zuckerberg tai lowtax

Pussy Noise
Aug 1, 2003

http://www.thelocal.no/20151216/give-finland-a-new-highest-peak-norway-campaign posted:

A Facebook campaign has been launched for Norway to give their flat Finnish neighbour a mountain that would become its new highest peak as a gift for the centenary of its independence.

The campaign, “Halti as an anniversary gift” has won the support of the head of the Norwegian Mapping Authority, and been warmly received in Finland where one commentator claimed the gesture "would be remembered for a thousand years”.

:unsmith:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

They didn't get the info from Facebook. They looked at posts in Facebook groups and got your name. Then they matched your name to publicly available sources which have your address and phone number. If they scanned an old veropörssi, they could match it to income as well. Rekisterilaki didn't do poo poo in this case, except when it was already too late.
What are these public address and phone number sources? I haven't been paying attention.
Laws in general cannot prevent crimes from being committed, only deter them.

quote:

Ideally the system would be on a "you need a reason to do this search" (or, you need to pay to do this search, as with phone numbers) instead of just being able to mass search for people's addresses, incomes and whatever.
"I want to check myself because I don't trust the reptiloids that run the mainstream media/ministries/whatever" is a sufficient reason. Like you said, there's no reason to include addresses in the database. Income, net worth, stockholdings and taxes paid should be enough.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Herman Merman posted:

What are these public address and phone number sources? I haven't been paying attention.

Puhelinluettelo kai...?

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Ligur posted:

I called it guyz, one day he will wake up in the middle of the night on the roof of an empty building and scream "NOOO! I AM HIM, I AM THE LIGUR!!!1" and then look for an imppu to end it all.

edit:

Yeah.

Would you seriously be totally chill and explain it with reddit or whatever if the police found out Suomen vastarintaliike -guys had beheading and infidel (ok, lets say communist) massacring pictures on their phones? Would you say "well, the most important thing is to integroida nää jätkät yhteiskuntaan, ei tässä oo mitään hätää, tai ihmeellistä, tää on ihan ok juttu, turha huolestua natseista" or are you loving fooling yourself and everyone else that bad?

Okay, point taken. But it's analogous you accusing someone of burning a refugee center just because they have pictures of a burning refugee center on their phone. It's not clear proof of anything.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Oldsmobile posted:

Okay, point taken. But it's analogous you accusing someone of burning a refugee center just because they have pictures of a burning refugee center on their phone. It's not clear proof of anything.

I think filming of a burning refugee center compared to a beheading of a human is rather apples and oranges at this point.

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

If you think that's bad, check out his speech. It's on his twitter.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

<uusi>koulu</uusi>
*slashes the gently caress out of education*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They just copied the jeesusarmo bridge picture from rippikoulu :shittypop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I love the Ligurs in the pit under the bridge though :newlol:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

What are these namby bamby wind farms and solar panels? Where's my Russian nuclear power plant?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriously though I love the "heikoimmista huolehtiminen" when obviously troubled people in need of help have been banished to a pit secured with barbed wire. Also, instead of actually helping the dreamers across the gap by extending a hand, the bravery people are just standing there taunting them. A GOOD CARTOON.

Oh and they're going to destroy the Eiffel tower after enveloping it in carbon dioxide :vince:

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004
Now now, you don't want to be THESE GUYS, do you?

Pussy Noise
Aug 1, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

Seriously though I love the "heikoimmista huolehtiminen" when obviously troubled people in need of help have been banished to a pit secured with barbed wire. Also, instead of actually helping the dreamers across the gap by extending a hand, the bravery people are just standing there taunting them. A GOOD CARTOON.

Oh and they're going to destroy the Eiffel tower after enveloping it in carbon dioxide :vince:

The nice lady is offering them a ladder, they just need to bootstrap themselves up to the first rung :)

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

vuohi posted:

Now now, you don't want to be THESE GUYS, do you?

Certainly not, being shut in a concentration camp Iike that must be pretty nasty.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Especially when all the other inmates are Ligurs :madmax:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Pussy Noise posted:

The nice lady is offering them a ladder, they just need to bootstrap themselves up to the first rung :)

actually she's burning it

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:pusheen:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

But seriously though Immonen isn't a nazi because

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

...well, because Ligur says so I guess? Can't think of anything else.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
ur problem is, jerry, that you don't actually know what nazis back then did or said or wanted. even thu u could google it up pretty easily. well, you are not the only poster with that issue...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They wanted to kill people, just like Olli Immonen.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Then there is the thing that actual fascists or nazis (think SVL) don't have any problems saying that is what they are out loud. But because there are so few of them, and people have a burning need to oppose "fascists" the lable is - and hey I know this is a humour forum, and I'm not taking most of you guys that seriously - the label is slapped on just about anyone or anything someone doesn't like hard enough.

It kind of has taken the "edge" away from shouting that someone is a fascist or nazi or a racist or whatever.

You can usually just deduct "oh, this probably pretty center-left or center-right person just said something some other person with a sjw syndrome didn't like".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"A pissbaby nazi isn't a nazi" - A nazi supporter.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Also :newlol: Finnish politics.

You could replace the blue in that picture with red, and it could very well market either SDP or LA.

Or green, and it would be Green party.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ligur posted:

Then there is the thing that actual fascists or nazis (think SVL) don't have any problems saying that is what they are out loud. But because there are so few of them, and people have a burning need to oppose "fascists" the lable is - and hey I know this is a humour forum, and I'm not taking most of you guys that seriously - the label is slapped on just about anyone or anything someone doesn't like hard enough.

It kind of has taken the "edge" away from shouting that someone is a fascist or nazi or a racist or whatever.

You can usually just deduct "oh, this probably pretty center-left or center-right person just said something some other person with a sjw syndrome didn't like".

Gulagin arkkipelaagissa kaikkia poliittisen pykälän saaneita kutsuttiin fasisteiksi. Tähän ryhmään kuuluivat mm. natsien vangeiksi ottamat neuvostosotilaat. Natseja vastaan tapelleet veteraanit olivat Neuvostojen ihmeellisessä maassa fasisteja. Funtsi sitä.

Vähän samaan tyyliin Pariisin rauhansopimus legitimoi suomalaisessa keskustelussa kaikkien inhottavien ihmisten haukkumisen fasisteiksi. Tästä sitten jonkinlainen kehäpäätelmä onkin jo helppo tehdä, ja Jerry tod. näk. sydämessään uskoo Persujen suunnittelevan polttouuneja. Koulussa sanottiin että a) ikävät ihmiset ovat fasisteja b) fasistit polttivat ihmisruumiita uuneissa. Ergo, tuo Kirkko & Kaupungin pilakuva. Ei tässä mitään ihmeteltävää ole.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Anneli Auer is now officially not guilty of murdering his husband, after the high court rejected all complaints. (And that stupid new "evidence" the prosecutors tried to pull from the emergency call tapes.) Now Auer is filing damages for unjust jailing for a decade or so. She's also trying to reopen the Satanic pedo cult verdict that landed her and her "accomplice" in jail.

Personally I'm glad that poo poo is starting to unfold, it's one of the biggest gently caress ups by the Finnish judicial system.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Why did the Auer thing turn into such a poo poo show?

Pussy Noise
Aug 1, 2003

doverhog posted:

Why did the Auer thing turn into such a poo poo show?

Because the prosecutor knows she did it, god dammit, but the police hosed the investigation up so badly that it's very hard to prove in court.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004
The Auer thing is an absolute disgrace for the judicial system, but the one single most sad/hilarious thing about it was this:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/200805177666153_uu.shtml

Short version: CSI Ulvila arrested and held an innocent man for several days probably because... check his picture and you will understand. I'm sure it is perfectly reasonable to suspect him when the killing was done with a knife.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I'm not saying we should convict people due to their appearances, but I dare anyone of you to tell me that Auer doesn't look like a goddamn psychopath.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

SnowblindFatal posted:

I'm not saying we should convict people due to their appearances, but I dare anyone of you to tell me that Auer doesn't look like a goddamn psychopath.

You can't tell that from someone's picture.

But of course she did it. It's always the spouse, a drunken friend, or the butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

vuohi posted:

You can't tell that from someone's picture.

Our evolution has developed us to see the madness in other people.

E: Sorry for your autism.