Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Pharnakes posted:

So what you're saying is if you have Vaal orbs and nothing much to do with them might as well use them on Armourer's Strongboxes regardless of other mods it might have?

Jewelers boxes are another good target for spare vaal orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah I've done a lot of jeweler's boxes too, six-mod jewelry can sometimes come out pretty awesome.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

No idea, that's weird.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Add:
Rarity >= Normal

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1519496

quote:

The spawn chances of Stone Circles have been increased. They have a 100% chance to spawn in the Western Forest, the Hedge Maze, and the Dried Lake. The Ledge has a 100% chance to spawn one in Cruel and Merciless. The Imperial Gardens have a 60% chance, the Hedge Maze has a 100% chance, Kaom's Dream and Stronghold have a 35% chance. The Belly of the Beast areas now have a 20% chance in Normal, up to 30% in Merciless. The Dread Thicket is now always 50%. All non-unique maps now have a 35% chance to spawn a Stone Circle as well.
wtf

quote:

Fixed a bug where the Volley Fire Jewel would incorrectly add extra projectiles when it chained or forked.

Short lived, but probably still really good, just not bugged to be insane.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

More talisman mixing stations are good though?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

jjac posted:

More talisman mixing stations are good though?

Yeah just surprising they added a way to do it on demand whenever you want, in the highest volume farming areas in act 1 and 4.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I like that change, the bottleneck should be the talisman drops themselves, not the altars while you have a stash tab fill up with talismans.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

think ima do some ledge runs to clear out this dumb stash of taliscraps

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

There's zero challenge in finding a ring, while there is challenge in both killing a mob with a talisman on it, and killing the result of a ring, so the rings should definately be as common as what this patch changes them to.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

quote:

The Blood Worms created by the Deadhand Talisman now deal substantially more damage when they explode.
Welp, that was fast.

Still should be worth it for ranged characters, though.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

quote:

Fixed a bug where you could not get stunned while wearing the Skyforth boots with the Blood Magic Keystone allocated.
Hahaha, 500% of 0 = 0

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I hope the 35% stone circle spawn in maps doesn't affect monster density. I haven't played enough this league yet to see whether circles spawn more mobs in the vicinity (like shrines), less (like masters), or whether it doesn't affect it at all.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Vulpes posted:

I hope the 35% stone circle spawn in maps doesn't affect monster density. I haven't played enough this league yet to see whether circles spawn more mobs in the vicinity (like shrines), less (like masters), or whether it doesn't affect it at all.

Doesn't seem to affect it at all, monsters are often on top of the circles but definitely aren't spawned to 'guard' it.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Changed Bladefall's targeting behaviour to bring it in line with other skills. It will now cast at its maximum range if you target a location outside its maximum range while holding the "Attack in place" key (bound to Shift by default).

Awesome!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Started a 2h marauder, was going to go cyclone, but picked up a frost blade and have been loving that. Cyclone is ok, but I really want to try frost blades with GMP and fork. That would be hilarious imo.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
You're all glossing over the most important change:

quote:

You can now Ctrl-Click talismans into stone circles from your inventory and back again.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hamburger Test posted:

You're all glossing over the most important change:

Nope that was the first change I copy pasted into chat or wherever. Immediately followed by the item tier being in the text description.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Some of us have to sleep, ok?

Tier description should have been there from the start - but I can recognize the art at this point anyway so it no longer matters to me.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Well GGG changed my character BanAllMuslims to RenameSPBA, free speech has offically died.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

MannersPlease posted:

Well GGG changed my character BanAllMuslims to RenameSPBA, free speech has offically died.

No, they are just getting rid of the real loving stupid ones.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

MannersPlease posted:

The amount of bitching you did about it made it into a funny name after all, so well done good job.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
I'm glad we can all agree that it's a great freedom to be able to be an offensive dick when criticizing someone else, unfortunately GGG does not feel the same way :(

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
You're actually upset about it lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dear lord, you're being pretty dumb.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Now im sad they only changed your name. The banrage would have been awesome.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I tried to make "MakeWraeclastGreatAgain".

It was already taken.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
oh but if i make banallwhites that would be fine right? they should call that country like new pcland, p cealand. aupckland. pchristpchurch

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Important questions being asked in here.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
getting kinda poe's law up in here

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

oh but if i make banallwhites that would be fine right? they should call that country like new pcland, p cealand. aupckland. pchristpchurch

How fitting, you are quite banal

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They need to allow numbers in names so I can play a Templar named PraiseAllah420

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
they also need to allow to rename characters imo

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
For serious jokes aside no one take banallwhites because i really want that now

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

The Real Foogla posted:

they also need to allow to rename characters imo

:yeah:

I was drunk when I named my talisman character

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Solution: play hardcore.
Tons of opportunities to rename your character.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
If I want to level one master (specifically Tora) is there a good way to do that beyond daily missions? Or do I just have to take pot luck?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

They need to allow numbers in names so I can play a Templar named PraiseAllah420

I have BigFartsFourTwenty, I can assure you that the lack of numbers does not make the name any less funny.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I need some help with this tornado build from Neversink. The "regular" skilltree looks like this and the final phase of the levelling progression for the same, or at least supposedly same, looks like this.
Basically, they have a couple weird differences. The "regular" has Will of Blades, Aspect of the Lynx and Weapon Artistry while the levelling progression build finishes with Depth Perception, Sniper and possibly some other changes I can't spot. Is one of them an older build or am I missing some subtle reason for the changes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
The levelling tree has not been updated and is literally impossible since there are disconnected notes a couple of places half the tree is dicsonnected.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 18, 2015

• Locked thread