Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

nonentity posted:

Yes, I can.

But should I? That is the question.

What if they're a regen item where the animation is them slowly sliding down from the top of your head, onto your eyes?

I think that then the answer is "absolutely, you should make them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Medullah posted:

So I dunno if this is a bug or "Working as intended" to discourage it, but if you take a set of gear that's legacy bound with a set bonus and transfer it to another toon, it loses that set bonus until you take the armorings out, and then put them back in. So 15k per piece you want to share set bonus on. Grrr.

Quoting myself to say that this doesn't happen if you mail the legacy items, only if you place them in the bank. So mail between alts sharing sets, don't use legacy bank.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Verranicus posted:

There sure are a lot of people on the official forums treating this Rakghoul thing as Bioware actively sabotaging their own game so a new one can be made. It is lovely of them to release a bugged event, refuse to fix it and say "do it next month" but still.

While I won't buy into the whole conspiracy nonsense, that is incredibly lovely of them. The fact that one of the companions is locked behind that event is even more lovely.

Hulk Smash! posted:

What if they're a regen item where the animation is them slowly sliding down from the top of your head, onto your eyes?

I think that then the answer is "absolutely, you should make them"

Seconded. That would be incredible.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Quoting myself to say that this doesn't happen if you mail the legacy items, only if you place them in the bank. So mail between alts sharing sets, don't use legacy bank.

You can also just log off and on or change zones.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Iron Tusk posted:

You can also just log off and on or change zones.

Grr wish I would have tried that prior to spending 15k an armoring to get my sniper's set bonus to my gunslinger. :(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also yeah not gonna be at Raid as 7:00 star wars showing is in my future.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I'm up to the heroic missions at the end of the macrobinocular and seeker droid missions. Does anyone else still need to complete these? I'd like to put a group together to run through them some night.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Dexo posted:

Also yeah not gonna be at Raid as 7:00 star wars showing is in my future.

Not that it matters to you, but for anyone else reading this, raid's at 8:00 tonight. We're of course down a few tonight, so I'll just do a quick check to see if we're at seven or more people and call it if not.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

araeris posted:

I'm up to the heroic missions at the end of the macrobinocular and seeker droid missions. Does anyone else still need to complete these? I'd like to put a group together to run through them some night.

I need them on one of my characters. I may start them on another, just because.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What -are- the macrobinoculars and associated things? I think I passed a droid with quests associated with it on the fleet but never stopped to talk to it.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Verranicus posted:

What -are- the macrobinoculars and associated things? I think I passed a droid with quests associated with it on the fleet but never stopped to talk to it.

It was a series of rather annoying quests put in at some point during RoTC. Basically, you get macrobinoculars and a seeker droid and have to travel all over the galaxy searching for various things.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

It was a series of rather annoying quests put in at some point during RoTC. Basically, you get macrobinoculars and a seeker droid and have to travel all over the galaxy searching for various things.

Should be added that the actual story is one of the coolest in the game and there are some really unique mechanics during the quest line. Sadly, they're mixed in with horribly redundant and boring mechanics.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Medullah posted:

Should be added that the actual story is one of the coolest in the game and there are some really unique mechanics during the quest line. Sadly, they're mixed in with horribly redundant and boring mechanics.

Sorry, you're right. The memory of the annoyances outweighed the memory of the actual storyline.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can the quests be solo'd?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Verranicus posted:

Can the quests be solo'd?

All the way until the final stage, where it's a [HEROIC 4].

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

Grr wish I would have tried that prior to spending 15k an armoring to get my sniper's set bonus to my gunslinger. :(

This bug has been in place since they introduced the legacy bank. The set bonus is still there, just isn't visible until you zone or log. It's purely gui issue.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

prefect posted:

All the way until the final stage, where it's a [HEROIC 4].

And that's [HEROIC 4] in that the mechanics actually require four people. Should have been made soloable a long time ago.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Verranicus posted:

Also should be noted that the seekers and macrobinoculars have a few uses outside of their quests, I usually start the questline on alts just to get them (they get put in your mission items inventory tab and can then be hotbarred), you don't have to actually finish it (although Medullah's right it is cool).

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Also starting the seeker droid quest gives you access to two of the coolest legacy armour sets in the game, but assembling the set is long, frustrating and grindy, like obtaining HK-51.

http://tor-fashion.com/dreadseed/
http://tor-fashion.com/star-forager/

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

araeris posted:

I'm on the second last of both, IIRC -- I could tag along but I don't know how much time I'll have to spare in the next few days what with last minute Christmas running around like a headless chicken.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Oh my god. Go watch The Force Awakens. It's so good.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

bonds0097 posted:

Seriously, holy poo poo. Abrams knocked it out of the park. Also thank you goons for keeping the thread spoiler free for those who aren't seeing it until later.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
Testing the waters to see if there's any interest in getting a group together to try the Fleet Datacron stuff. I'd like to get that done at some point but I know it's a bit of a pain in the rear end to do. Maybe if there's enough interest we can schedule a time to just do the damned thing for those that may want/need the Fleet 'crons.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Corzen posted:

Testing the waters to see if there's any interest in getting a group together to try the Fleet Datacron stuff. I'd like to get that done at some point but I know it's a bit of a pain in the rear end to do. Maybe if there's enough interest we can schedule a time to just do the damned thing for those that may want/need the Fleet 'crons.

I would like to participate in this. Although I don't even have all the datacrons for the planets, yet. :blush:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So I re-upped because I'm feeling Star Wars again and everything is real different from the last time I played. I did my "introduction to group finder" mission when I got to the fleet and was dumped into a False Emperor run on Ilum. At level 12. Is that how it works now? Because that was not fun at all with no tools and still re-learning how to play the game. Either my group was real bad or it just sucks trying to do instances with no real abilities to speak of.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Westy543 posted:

Seriously, holy poo poo. Abrams knocked it out of the park. Also thank you goons for keeping the thread spoiler free for those who aren't seeing it until later.

Eh.... I thought it was very fun and enjoyable in the theater, then fell apart completely once I started thinking about it on the drive home. Typical JJ Abrams in that regard. Worth seeing, but no masterpiece.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

Dammit I've got 36 hrs to go.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Eh.... I thought it was very fun and enjoyable in the theater, then fell apart completely once I started thinking about it on the drive home. Typical JJ Abrams in that regard. Worth seeing, but no masterpiece.

Lol who thinks about movies? Nerd!

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I don't know if it's because I was the tank on both occasions but the last two FPs I did (Athiss and Mandalorian Raiders) were the smoothest runs I've had in, I think forever. With a full random pub group too. No one aggroed the whole map. No one stood in AOEs. Everyone spontaneously took turns interrupting and using cc.

I was a Christmas miracle.

The only smoother run I've had recently was that run of Hammer Station with TNG people where it took roughly 47 seconds to complete it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cythereal posted:

Worse than Trek 2009 for me. :shrug: It's no Phantom Menace, but yeah...Cythereal is right in that the more you think about it, the worse it gets.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

For gently caress's sake, how hard is it not to talk about a movie the second you've seen it? Reviews might not technically be spoilers but this still isn't the thread for that poo poo.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Levantine posted:

So I re-upped because I'm feeling Star Wars again and everything is real different from the last time I played. I did my "introduction to group finder" mission when I got to the fleet and was dumped into a False Emperor run on Ilum. At level 12. Is that how it works now? Because that was not fun at all with no tools and still re-learning how to play the game. Either my group was real bad or it just sucks trying to do instances with no real abilities to speak of.

Yep, all non-HM FPs are either tactical (role neutral) or solo now. Theoretically any group can complete it since there's bolster, but 4x DPS can be rough unless everyone is leveled and on point with their CCs and such. Usually people just decline the GF invite until there's a healer or at least a semi-leveled tank.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

For gently caress's sake, how hard is it not to talk about a movie the second you've seen it? Reviews might not technically be spoilers but this still isn't the thread for that poo poo.

Good Lord, "movie was good!" and "movie was fun as long as you don't think too hard" are not spoilers.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Corzen posted:

Yeah, I need to do the fleet one as well. Fleet and Rishi are the only ones I have left.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Good Lord, "movie was good!" and "movie was fun as long as you don't think too hard" are not spoilers.

it's still 10000000% unnecessary in this thread which is about a video game and not about the movie you just saw which other people have not. Politely gently caress off with that for a while.

And i'd like to do the fleet datacron if you guys can get a run together Saturday sometime that isn't later at night or something if possible.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Hearing people say "movie was great!" will get my hopes up for an inevitable let down.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Spot the goon who is salty about sold out theatres.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Let's talk about SWTOR

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Verranicus posted:

Hearing people say "movie was great!" will get my hopes up for an inevitable let down.

It's JJ Abrams, so I am fully expecting lots of flashy set pieces, lens flares, and mediocrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Ainsley McTree posted:

Let's talk about SWTOR

Yeah, but please don't say things like "IA story was cool" because that's a spoiler

• Locked thread