Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

I have intermittent reports of flamethrowers no longer instantly destroying turrets after today's patch. Can anyone confirm?

Negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
GoonMod update going out, somebody try out the new National Guard and let me know how badly it fucks your computer and connection

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/patchnotes/goonmod/24 posted:

- Updated compatibility to 1.46.x
- StatBoost weapon mods now cost 5 Gage Coins
- Excessive Force and National Guard Response mutators now updated spawning methods
- Warning: The updated mutators will cause extreme slowdown on slower computers

You can also put gimmeaboost in the Redeem Codes screen in the GoonMod options (if you've not changed all your prices) and it'll give you 5GC for free

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Did you just push a BLT dll update, cause it just broke the gently caress out of my game.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Elliotw2 posted:

Did you just push a BLT dll update, cause it just broke the gently caress out of my game.

Not a DLL one, I pushed two to the BLT lua to add localizations though. What broke?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

widespread posted:

DISREGARD I CAN'T loving READ DESCRIPTIONS.

But what I can see is the fact that those two scope-like things on the Legendary Crosskills skin? They're actually lasers. The kind you toggle on and off.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Everything became "ERROR:UPDATE_LATER" and the like, and when I did the update it asked for after that, the game just instantly crashed to desktop.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Localisation for English is a litttle... flawed. Looks kinda like this:

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Dec 18, 2015

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Yeah wow that ain't right. That's the error when localization files don't load. Any errors in your log files about it? I'm trying to recreate it now

e:
Seems to be a problem with the unzip after the download, it's not creating the localization files

e2:
Found the problem, fixing now

Wilko fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 18, 2015

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:siren: :siren:
Ok double post, but if you're having the having the same problem as above and it's crashing then you'll have to redownload this version: https://github.com/JamesWilko/Payday-2-BLT/releases/download/1.07/Payday2BLT_r11_r5.zip
There'll probably also be a mods/mods/ folder which you can delete, since it was being created mistakenly

If you're just having the error: base_mod_etc problem then you can safely update again now

Basically, don't push updates when you're sick because you'll gently caress it up

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
All the monthly jobs as well as We Do It Live have been changed. Instead of using the HBV, we're to use suits. I guess this is to fix some confusion with armor bags? I'm not sure why they would do it otherwise. Weapon specifications remain unchanged, Platypus/Judge for We Do It Live and AMCAR/88 for the monthly jobs.

I'm glad I can switch from Muscle to Grinder, personally.

e: I guess it's cool that the monthlies, which are all about nostalgia, are now achievable at level 0.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 18, 2015

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

All the monthly jobs as well as We Do It Live have been changed. Instead of using the HBV, we're to use suits. I guess this is to fix some confusion with armor bags? I'm not sure why else they would do it otherwise.
It must be. Many people didn't even know that you wear a suit at the start when you take the armour bag.

It's taken away the only reason I'd ever use Ex-President and I think that is quite sad.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 18, 2015

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Also puts them in line with Tabula Rasa, which really should be shifted to a monthly challenge if it hasn't been already.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

John Murdoch posted:

Also puts them in line with Tabula Rasa, which really should be shifted to a monthly challenge if it hasn't been already.

I don't know why this and We Are Rockstars On This Job weren't added to the rotation, either. As of 93.1 it's the exact same thing as the other monthlies.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

maswastaken posted:

It must be. Many people didn't even know that you wear a suit at the start when you take the armour bag.

It's taken away the only reason I'd ever use Ex-President and I think that is quite sad.

I always thought ex-presidents was budget grinder but last night when someone told me (and then I confirmed) that every single time your armor breaks your entire health regen battery is drained - even if you didn't take health damage. Now it's not just budget grinder, it's poo poo. I thought the "complete drain for any amount of health regen" was somewhat obnoxious but at least it made some degree of sense. The battery draining even on armor break and 0hp damage is just stupid.

Anyway we did both Firestarter and Framing Frame last night to knock out the achievement and monthly and it was fine. The only part which was really bad was forgetting how truly bad bag-moving is at level 0: slow to pick up, slower to walk, you can't throw for poo poo...with paintings it's not a big deal, but weapons? servers? :negative:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

called this last night when I saw the Crosskill image and I'm super pumped to have those on guns I don't own and probably never will.

Speaking of which, I got a battle-worn Soft Flake Sig 40 skin. anyone want to trade that for something out of a Christmas Safe I might actually use? I'd love a Blue Tundra for the Saiga or Big Present for the M249, common to common. Not gonna ask for the rare Lebensauger one :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 18, 2015

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
:stare:

:stonk:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

They're waiting for you, Dr. RPG, in the Taser Chamber...

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Discendo Vox posted:

I have intermittent reports of flamethrowers no longer instantly destroying turrets after today's patch. Can anyone confirm?

Nope, did a Deathwish Beneath the Mountain and mine took out the ceiling turret with alacrity.

DW Beneath the Mountain is surprisingly manageable too, once we figured out that it's best to move together to blow up each radar rather than scattering. ie, basic teamwork :v:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

You get what you deserve

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Psion posted:

called this last night when I saw the Crosskill image and I'm super pumped to have those on guns I don't own and probably never will.

Speaking of which, I got a battle-worn Soft Flake Sig 40 skin. anyone want to trade that for something out of a Christmas Safe I might actually use? I'd love a Blue Tundra for the Saiga or Big Present for the M249, common to common. Not gonna ask for the rare Lebensauger one :v:

Sorry man, I just got my new IHZMA skin, and, uh..I think i'm gonna be using a bad shotgun for a while :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
After some discoveries by redditors, it turns out that Beneath the Mountain got about 80% of the way through production as a map you could also stealth. This explains a lot about the layout of cover in the place and some of the weirder tasks. The only really interesting stealth features appear to have been getting a hostage to a retinal scanner in the starting area and a countdown timelock on the interior airlock.

King Gonorrhea posted:

After playing for several hours tonight I discovered that a team exp boost will only work when applied to a skinned weapon. Lame.

Huh, work fine for me on any kind of weapon. Are you sure?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Tactical Reload

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 18, 2015

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Psion posted:

I always thought ex-presidents was budget grinder but last night when someone told me (and then I confirmed) that every single time your armor breaks your entire health regen battery is drained - even if you didn't take health damage. Now it's not just budget grinder, it's poo poo. I thought the "complete drain for any amount of health regen" was somewhat obnoxious but at least it made some degree of sense. The battery draining even on armor break and 0hp damage is just stupid.

Anyway we did both Firestarter and Framing Frame last night to knock out the achievement and monthly and it was fine. The only part which was really bad was forgetting how truly bad bag-moving is at level 0: slow to pick up, slower to walk, you can't throw for poo poo...with paintings it's not a big deal, but weapons? servers? :negative:

Actually ex-presidents is pretty rocking hth. If you have aced bullseye and a suit, you can instantly restore your armor by shooting a cop. I've been doing solo DW with it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dr Cheeto posted:

Tactical Reload

How long did it take to clean the poo poo out of your pants?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

Actually ex-presidents is pretty rocking hth. If you have aced bullseye and a suit, you can instantly restore your armor by shooting a cop. I've been doing solo DW with it.

That's a pretty specific build for a perk deck theoretically designed for both dodge and armor, though. I'd also argue Grinder is still better because in DW the important states are "have any armor" against "have no armor" and bullseye works the same in both situations.

I mean, I'm glad to see it working for you but Shittier Budget Grinder still seems applicable. The one thing I do like is that your teammates can help charge up your health battery, but the bad part of that is you still have to break your armor to get the regen to fire. On DW that can be more than a little dangerous in a suit + low health (say you just got revived by a helpful GET THE gently caress UP)

don't inline 19MB gifs

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 18, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Plan Z posted:

Or you could

Equip sociopath, katana/ice axe, get bullseye, ICTV, and be a walking powerhouse of health regen and armor regen

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

Psion posted:

don't inline 19MB gifs
Install an extension that converts gif links to gifvs, it will reduce your download time and CPU usage while improving quality. SALR for Firefox will do that for example.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Dr Cheeto posted:

Tactical Reload

This could have been badass if you weren't panic-firing at the end. Just one clean headshot would have done the trick.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

Or you could

Equip sociopath, katana/ice axe, get bullseye, ICTV, and be a walking powerhouse of health regen and armor regen

That, too. I just like to get creative with my murder. I know Ex-Prez isn't especially wonderful, but it's at least a different way to play the game. I don't know how people could stomach only CAR-4 and Loco for two years.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

isndl posted:

This could have been badass if you weren't panic-firing at the end. Just one clean headshot would have done the trick.

Without skills or specialty ammo, the judge can't kill an overkill cloaker in one shot. This was a "We Do It Live" run.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Alereon posted:

Install an extension that converts gif links to gifvs, it will reduce your download time and CPU usage while improving quality. SALR for Firefox will do that for example.

oh I've got that taken care of on desktop but it's still a lovely thing to do for someone on a phone or are in some sort of situation where they can't/won't install extensions.

The fun part is Cheeto was nice enough to edit his post but the two quotes still have it. Can't win for trying :laugh:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Your Judge lacks an American flag. Are you a Communist? :crossarms:

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Edit: Got it. It's not actually that hard with Grinder...making me think Grinder is pretty OP. Oh well.

Isaacs Alter Ego fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Dec 19, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Steam messaged a payday 2 modder friend with an innocent question, find out they won't be able to answer until they get back from their all expenses paid trip to visit the Overkill offices. I didn't ask what he was there for, but it sounds like some sort of offer was potentially in the works. (He also played with their QA team, outperformed all of them in kills, and got whomever's account he was on a couple achievements).

My pipe, it fattens.

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Does anyone want to help me get this new christmas safe achievement? Pubbing it feels impossible and I refuse to do stealth, for stealth involves not clicking cops.

I'm game in a few hours- gotta finish some work first. I recommend getting on mumble and joining the payday 2 goons steam group.

edit: Earthmoving update: sadly, it doesn't seem easily possible (except maybe with a rocket launcher..hm...) to get the globe past the metal detectors on FWB. On the bright side, its location is asynchronous, so you can have all four heisters standing in the air in different parts of the lobby.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 19, 2015

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I'll lend a hand too - but yeah, totally pop into mumble/chat, that's what it's there for.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Why does the Tazer kinda look like Mac from It's Always Sunny without his helmet on?

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I touched the stove again.

Overkill difficulty Aftershock. Join in with the pubbies milling about failing to even locate the trucks. I do this for them.

We open the first truck and they pull out the safes. Then start wandering around with them on their backs. I find the second truck for them.

Then they start removing the safes from the train, for some reason. I tell them to leave the safes in the train. They eventually do.

I go and get the C4 for them, then go and retrieve the truck when I find them trying to move the safes one at a time instead of waiting for the truck to come to them. I show them what to do.

I figure, hey, they're dumb, but we'll finish this. Then at the end all they had to do was get in the loving truck and they couldn't even do that. We failed out of the match because they wouldn't get into the loving truck. They just looked at it.

Now I remember why I stopped playing so many months ago!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wrr posted:

I touched the stove again.

You stupid god drat idiot just climb into the loving stove next time.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I managed to get Euro Bag Simulator done yesterday and it was a lot more fun than I imagined it would be. That heist is really well designed and fun so I really don't mind playing it for an hour. One thing that happened though was that I blew up the swat van with my flamethrower but it only blew up for me, didn't that get fixed a while ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

You stupid god drat idiot just climb into the loving stove next time.

i have touched the stove many times and have had fun

jump into the stove