Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Klaus88 posted:

Trolling mad whiteys by suggesting they need a safe space is the best trolling.

I said that to some mad Trump supporter because he was deeply offended that he was considered a racist just because he supported Trump (and the idea of kicking all Muslims and mexicans out of the US), and he came back saying "I've got more guns that you can count and I'm coming for you". To which I responded "thanks for proving Trump supporters are dangerously unbalanced".

Its anecdotal, but if you look around, most students complaining about offensive material tend to be more right wing than left. Lots of Christians bitching about Evolution being taught, or Christianity taught as just another religion rather than the one true faith and so on. Often when someone complains about triggered students, what is going on is really obvious racism and sexism that should not be accepted by a right thinking person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

twistedmentat posted:

I love #nationaloffendacollegestudentday. You know who's the most easily offended thing skin whiners? Right wing fucks. You suggest any of their ideas might be even a little stupid, or racist or whatever and they get more hurt than the most triggered tumblrite.

"People are so easily offended these days!" = "I am ashamed of being called out for saying things I would never utter in a public space but I am defensive about it."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

"People are so easily offended these days!" = "I am ashamed of being called out for saying things I would never utter in a public space but I am defensive about it."

The best part is when they want to compare themselves to 'big strong men who would never be offended by anything' like Vikings. I'd say knights too but I can't remember if they would A) duel people to the death for impugning their honor B)Actually did any of that stuff or if that's just media making things more interesting

With vikings it's really loving funny considering their whole poetry contest thing.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Outside of war, Vikings were considered to be real dandies in certain respects. They were typically clean and well-groomed, shared more rights with women (not all, it wasn't perfect, but relatively good), and supposedly litigious enough that internet tough-guys would complain about their cases in the same breath as whining about McDonald's coffee lawsuits (yes, we all know the "WELLLLL ACTUALLY" to that case).

It's why I've really only relegated myself to SA as far as internet discussions. There's still goobers, but you can at least mess with the weirdos too obsessed with Ohio Chili around here without getting probated every time you're reported (especially since Eggplant's gone). Anywhere else now half of the content is summed up by "Political Correctness run amok" or "SJWs ruining everything." I just get so little satisfaction from shadowboxing with strawmen. It just feels like the most empty existence you can possibly have.

Plan Z has a new favorite as of 08:00 on Dec 18, 2015

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
e: This is an awful post I made. Apologies to everyone who had to read it.

Here it is:

I do think people need to lay off calling things offensive just a bit, since a lot of assholes are super smug about being able to offend someone.
Plus coming up with alternatives is fun, like: "Critically misinformed", "unrelentingly stupid", "thin-souled", "awfully manipulative", "a rally cry for the idiot army", "feeding farts", "spitting out Satan's jizz", "goo-goo garbage", "political snake-oil", "soul smegma", "not-so-fresh", "feeding the dogs", "indecent exposure to junk", "perversely opportunistic", "about as annoying as having a rat gnaw on your anus"
The key is to tell people they're poo poo without giving them power over you at the same time, I suppose.

AtomD has a new favorite as of 09:45 on Dec 18, 2015

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

AtomD posted:

I do think people need to lay off calling things offensive just a bit, since a lot of assholes are super smug about being able to offend someone.
Plus coming up with alternatives is fun, like: "Critically misinformed", "unrelentingly stupid", "thin-souled", "awfully manipulative", "a rally cry for the idiot army", "feeding farts", "spitting out Satan's jizz", "goo-goo garbage", "political snake-oil", "soul smegma", "not-so-fresh", "feeding the dogs", "indecent exposure to junk", "perversely opportunistic", "about as annoying as having a rat gnaw on your anus"
The key is to tell people they're poo poo without giving them power over you at the same time, I suppose.

The gently caress is this poo poo?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

On the one hand, I do think people are leaning on the one specific word 'offended' too much and could do with adding some variety. On the other hand all of

AtomD posted:

A possibly stroke expressed through words?

that is erring too far in the other direction.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

kazil posted:

The gently caress is this poo poo?

AtomD posted:

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
Well, I really made a terrible post. I'm sorry.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AtomD posted:

Well, I really made a terrible post. I'm sorry.

Get some sleep/ take your meds/ imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Here are some recipes I found. And by recipes I mean fried sausages coated in cheese and bacon. Nom nom. I'm an obese adult who thinks quality cooking is fried chicken slathered in cheese served on wonderbread.

http://imgur.com/gallery/TFMV9

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Borden posted:

Here are some recipes I found. And by recipes I mean fried sausages coated in cheese and bacon. Nom nom. I'm an obese adult who thinks quality cooking is fried chicken slathered in cheese served on wonderbread.

What's mo7mo7?

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

twistedmentat posted:

"I've got more guns that you can count and I'm coming for you". To which I responded "thanks for proving Trump supporters are dangerously unbalanced".
:sbahj::owned::vince::boom:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh god I hate that 2am chili recipe comic so so drat much.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's mo7mo7?

That loving chili recipe makes me so mad. Why do you need to shake your spice mixture!? Why are you just putting the exact spices that are in that spice packet in!? You're not even adding like something new and interesting. You are not a bad rear end because you can make chili. Add in waffles and scrambled eggs and you are a grill away from being a Midwestern dad.

And there are like three vegetables in that entire album: some bell peppers, what amounts to a spring in the crunchwrap, and tomatoes. They're all getting scurvy.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Half those recipes have a really lovely choice of text colour just thrown over the top of the images too, although I suppose that makes it less likely someone will actually cook and eat that trash.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Eponine posted:

That loving chili recipe makes me so mad. Why do you need to shake your spice mixture!? Why are you just putting the exact spices that are in that spice packet in!? You're not even adding like something new and interesting. You are not a bad rear end because you can make chili. Add in waffles and scrambled eggs and you are a grill away from being a Midwestern dad.

And there are like three vegetables in that entire album: some bell peppers, what amounts to a spring in the crunchwrap, and tomatoes. They're all getting scurvy.

don't forget the green beans in the chili

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
http://imgur.com/gallery/ESRbt

This guy isn't necessarily an idiot (though I haven't looked at every single image to see if they're all correct) but does anyone know why a poison tree frog is associated with academic Latin phrases now? These memes are becoming indecipherable.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

CommunistPancake posted:

Canned green beans, no less. Satan's vegetable.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CommunistPancake posted:

I'm not even a Chili Chiang Kai-shek but that's hosed up

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
"I saw star wars off to downvote all the spoilers because its my imgurian duty guys upvote me"

-every second post right now

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CommunistPancake posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3746906&perpage=40&pagenumber=49#post453998096

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Eponine posted:

Canned green beans, no less. Satan's vegetable.

Agreed. I grew up being fed that tripe and I can't stomach it at all anymore.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
http://imgur.com/gallery/wHvZMMu

Be sure to read the comments! :)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

It's funny because having an opinion that was just validated in front of your eyes is reason for violence!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Video games make youth violent: the comic.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

I like the Ctrl+Alt+Del under bite. Very meta.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

quote:

As an introvert, I wonder just how much "feminism" is caused simply because guys have a more challenging mode of speaking.

You can feel the autism

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

posted by TittyQueen

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

SandwichCommando via iPhone1 point : 11 days ago reply

So going by this logic, women are just short, angry men minus the dangly bits?

Sees right past the artist self insert, this guy is sharp.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh god I hate that 2am chili recipe comic so so drat much.

The worst part is the spice mixture. DON'T USE THAT STUFF IN A BAG WE DO IT LIVE. Followed by a picture of spices in a jar that these days amount to colored salt that's probably in that spice packet already. Thankfully, most times it goes to the frontpage, most people make fun of it, like they now do those "yummy" recipe gifs or whatever.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Looked at the author's deviant art page. She is 32 years old and drawing furries and video game girls.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Eponine posted:

Looked at the author's deviant art page. She is 32 years old and drawing furries and video game girls.

First thing I see, Five Nights At Freddie's. Of course.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ESRbt

This guy isn't necessarily an idiot (though I haven't looked at every single image to see if they're all correct) but does anyone know why a poison tree frog is associated with academic Latin phrases now? These memes are becoming indecipherable.

Well, most tree/dart frogs are called by their (presumably) latin name, so maybe that's it?

Who knows why imgur people do anything though.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

quote:

I was subjected to stupid looks by employee when I said I wanted Fallout4

STDH, considering that 90% of the people I know who are way too excited about Fallout are women and it's one of the most widely appealing titles of the year.

quote:

Why does all the "IM NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS"-comics all look like they were made in 2003?

LOL

e:

Borden posted:

I can't believe I didn't see this before. It even has the classic "BAM MOTHERFUCKER" sadfat chili.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Dec 18, 2015

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I, also, wear giant work gloves when I go shopping for video games at Glaucoma: The Bookstore

e: also

Aesop Poprock posted:

posted by TittyQueen

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Dec 18, 2015

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Why be so critical of women on the Internet? I thought SA POSTERS supposed to be supportive of woman who uses the Internet and has interests in video games? But all I see is the nitpicking and casting of stones, I feel this is beneath most of you.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Shayu posted:

Why be so critical of women on the Internet? I thought SA POSTERS supposed to be supportive of woman who uses the Internet and has interests in video games? But all I see is the nitpicking and casting of stones, I feel this is beneath most of you.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Shayu posted:

I can't tell if you are a bad troll or the densest motherfucker ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014

kazil posted:

I can't tell if you are a bad troll or the densest motherfucker ever

I feel that it was a normal comic and unfairly attacked by posts.

• Locked thread