Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm glad that psychotic bunny costume was so short-lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think he still has it, it's just been in repairs and he's using the gym uniform for now?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
He still has it, he just hasn't worn the actual cowl and mask on it much.

I kinda think Horikoshi hosed up including that and realizes it. We need to be able to see his face so he can express emotions but it's kinda hard when he has the whole getup on and looks like a demented rabbitgoblin thing. He should probably just have had him put his cowl on and had it get blasted off a few more times before he decides to just leave it off his costume for good.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm glad that psychotic bunny costume was so short-lived.

It somehow looks even worse than I remembered.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm not sure what Deku can do during this training that isn't just more of the same. The concept of strengthening his quirk doesn't really apply to him; he just needs to continue strengthening his body so that it can handle One for All. I would say that All Might would pull him aside, but it's already been pretty established that All Might isn't that good at training Deku.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not sure what Deku can do during this training that isn't just more of the same. The concept of strengthening his quirk doesn't really apply to him; he just needs to continue strengthening his body so that it can handle One for All. I would say that All Might would pull him aside, but it's already been pretty established that All Might isn't that good at training Deku.

Deku already got this training from Gran Torino. While he'll be working with what Gran Torino said on his own the rest of the class will now also be doing exercises along a similar path.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Fabricated posted:

He still has it, he just hasn't worn the actual cowl and mask on it much.

I kinda think Horikoshi hosed up including that and realizes it. We need to be able to see his face so he can express emotions but it's kinda hard when he has the whole getup on and looks like a demented rabbitgoblin thing. He should probably just have had him put his cowl on and had it get blasted off a few more times before he decides to just leave it off his costume for good.

In a way, it sorta works. It's similarity to All Might's silhouette is a symbol of him still trying to be All Might. Getting rid of the mask is the first step in becoming his own type of hero.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kuroyama posted:

In a way, it sorta works. It's similarity to All Might's silhouette is a symbol of him still trying to be All Might. Getting rid of the mask is the first step in becoming his own type of hero.

It also reflects his immaturity at the point he made it. The symbol of peace can't wear a mask. It's the difference between Spider-Man and Superman.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Chinese spoilers are out and (not really a spoiler) it doesn't really provide an answer to what the kids with quirks that can't be "trained" can do to "strengthen" their quirks.

We do finally get one of the most token shounen cliches though!

(actual spoiler)
The "villain group doing their badass pose on a ledge overlooking the goodguys".

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Ytlaya posted:

Well, I mean, you could technically use that as a plot point. Ie, Deku has to find something else to do, or has minimal returns, because the proposed method just doesn't really apply to him - which also gives the others time to catch up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Most of Midoriya's gains are going to be epiphany-based I imagine. He discovered how to limit his power when he took a swing at Noumu, I imagine his next big fight will have him learn something else.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, i don't think anybody's going to be complaining too hard if midoriya doesn't increase his output by much. the boy's a veritable walking wmd already, any increase in power is just gravy

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
But Aizawa said that they will be doing both strength & stamina training along with developing their quirks? Won't the strength & stamina training help Deku?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Mineta is a terrible character.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

sharktamer posted:

Mineta is a terrible character.

:yeah:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

But Aizawa said that they will be doing both strength & stamina training along with developing their quirks? Won't the strength & stamina training help Deku?

Stamina, sure. But physically his reason for toughening up is to ensure he can use the power without accidentally atomising himself.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Everyone is going to end up super jacked.

And yeah Deku needs to start shooting steroids or something to have enough mass to contain OFA.

Think like
Like the captain tsubasa timeskip to the worldcup.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 18, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy loving lol those proportions

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And yeah Deku needs to start shooting steroids or something to have enough mass to contain OFA.

Think like

What the loving hell are those loving abominations?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was a little disappointed that shirtless Deku actually looked a little less buff than he did immediately after following All Might's exercise plan. While he was still in good shape (and I'm sure some of it can be attributed to him being pumped immediately following exercise in the earlier shot), it seems like he would have put on some more muscle mass if he had continued exercising diligently. I mean, they obviously can't have him get too buff since it would alter his appearance too much, but he still looks pretty skinny.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I identify with the captain tsubasa cast as I too am more leg than man

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Think like

:eyepop: The fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ytlaya posted:

I was a little disappointed that shirtless Deku actually looked a little less buff than he did immediately after following All Might's exercise plan. While he was still in good shape (and I'm sure some of it can be attributed to him being pumped immediately following exercise in the earlier shot), it seems like he would have put on some more muscle mass if he had continued exercising diligently. I mean, they obviously can't have him get too buff since it would alter his appearance too much, but he still looks pretty skinny.

Hellish exercise to him before would be real loving easy for him now. He needs to start benching bulldozers and poo poo now to have the equivalent resistance.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ytlaya posted:

Depends on what he's training. Getting super swole is something you've got to work toward and is usually less effective if you're fighting. Double especially since at 5'5" he's probably only like 120ish-130ish pounds and getting super big would be hard. He should probably look like what a pro Flyweight looks like.

Remember that, in comparison, All Might is like 7'3" and weighs something like 563lbs.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gyges posted:

Depends on what he's training. Getting super swole is something you've got to work toward and is usually less effective if you're fighting.

I'm pretty sure the whole "more muscles slow you down" thing is only true in anime logic*, and building muscle mass isn't exactly hard if you lift weights (even if it takes a while).

*within reason, obviously looking like a bodybuilder isn't that effective for the purpose of fighting

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty sure the whole "more muscles slow you down" thing is only true in anime logic*, and building muscle mass isn't exactly hard if you lift weights (even if it takes a while).

*within reason, obviously looking like a bodybuilder isn't that effective for the purpose of fighting

Yeah, I'm talking looking like a competition bodybuilder. How you lift affects how you look, going for strength and endurance is going to look different than going for bulk and definition. Not that things are 100% mutually exclusive, but you're going to be doing a whole different thing if you're training for physical villain fighting vs training to look awesome. Also putting on massive amounts of "pretty", bulk muscle is probably a lot harder for a kid most likely getting ready for a growth spurt. At least I really hope so, 5'5" is kind of slight for the next #1 world wide hero of justice.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Think like

It had been a while since I had seen this. Thank you.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Gyges posted:

Yeah, I'm talking looking like a competition bodybuilder. How you lift affects how you look, going for strength and endurance is going to look different than going for bulk and definition. Not that things are 100% mutually exclusive, but you're going to be doing a whole different thing if you're training for physical villain fighting vs training to look awesome. Also putting on massive amounts of "pretty", bulk muscle is probably a lot harder for a kid most likely getting ready for a growth spurt. At least I really hope so, 5'5" is kind of slight for the next #1 world wide hero of justice.

more muscles = more badass = stronger

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Ytlaya posted:

It's more an issue of what and how you train. Just building muscle mass will initially improve speed as well, but after a while you'll need to include running into your regimen or else you'll plateau on your speed. Eddie Hall isn't setting speed records anytime soon, just like Usain Bolt isn't gonna set a powerlifting record.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I want to see him chump the normal course in front of everyone. He shoved cars around in sand while gimmickless.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Look at the boys.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait I thought Bakugo had white/grey hair.

EDIT: It might be really light blond I guess.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The mangastream scans are out. Looks like poo poo is about to get real again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Dabi still looks creepy.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Brad King is supposed to be Blood King, but Mangastream sucks.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
They even had Blood in the same line, weird.

That was a pretty good chapter, set a lot of things up even if it didn't advance much.

Tiger is great.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Brad King is supposed to be Blood King, but Mangastream sucks.

No, it's another cheesy pun. His name is ブラドキング. Burado King.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Vengarr posted:

No, it's another cheesy pun. His name is ブラドキング. Burado King.

Oh really? Never mind then, I suck. Shoulda looked for the raws first instead of assuming.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's another Mangastream goof. They really should have made it clear with a translation note.

The big mistake they made this time was with Deku's little speech. He starts out saying "I...no, a friend of mine...was born without a quirk." He goes on to talk about himself in the third person, "He tried every day to breathe fire or move objects..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Oh my god, The "Kinda like poop" and subsequent panel loving slayed me. So perfect.

Looking forward to the poo poo going down!