Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Do we honestly think it was "Technical Difficulties" as cited by the Earwolf twitter account?

Was it Hayes' unavailability working on the East Coast?

Did Engineer Codybody gently caress up again?

Or was this, somehow, for some reason, the work of that dastardly Sprite Fox?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm catching up on The Grinder. In an episode Sean Clements wrote there is a character who doesn't own a television and isn't that interesting?

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Engineer Codybody

I like this hot new take

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

JethroMcB posted:

Do we honestly think it was "Technical Difficulties" as cited by the Earwolf twitter account?

Was it Hayes' unavailability working on the East Coast?

Did Engineer Codybody gently caress up again?

Or was this, somehow, for some reason, the work of that dastardly Sprite Fox?

According to the best show it was even supposed to be another cody/hayes/scharpling en :(

Hayes is on today's best show at least

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I thought we would get a new HH but turns out I'm the one that's ehhhh wrong. :(

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Womp It Up is fun this week. I could listen to Jon Daly do his Pittsburgh accent for hours.

I think I just miss Pawnsylvania from Kroll Show. Earwolf should make that a weekly show.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Listened to Little Esther's ep of HH. She's the best guest by miles and miles in terms of 'getting it'. A lot of female guests seem to play "no, nah" which is boring AF for half an hour.

Edit: I've been mostly listening in order so it's been her, Grace Hellwig (the ultimate warrior's daughter?) and Stephanie Allen.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 18, 2015

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Are Women Funny?

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

noted woman mary holland was the best hh guest actually

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
all of the wild horses were pretty great imo even if erin kept trying to drag everything back to her incredible thirstiness for husbands/sons

really the only lady dud i can think of is tracey wigfield but it wasn't for lack of trying...

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
Yeah disagree. I listened to Nicole Byer's episode again and she joined in the nonsense fantastically. And Cody's homemade water.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

erezaka posted:

noted woman mary holland was the best hh guest actually
he's trying to mansplain you, isn't he honey?

e: Also gotta throw a bone for Betsy Sodaros ep. She's hilarious and also that ep has a ton of classic HH bits. Write Stuff for Casablanca which in turn had a ton of engineer ribbing.

"Rick fills his glass [with bourbon] and drinks it quickly. His face is entirely expressionless."

Okay, that's impossible. We're supposed to believe he's not reacting at all? He's gotta be making a pee-yew face. That's stuffs strong!!!

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 17, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I wasn't sold on Sodaro because I found her voice grating and her filthy gypsy character unfunny, but then her instinctive A to the Q "what's the funniest reference" was "uh... 9/11"

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Nicole Byer is up there with Dave Thomas for GOAT in my opinion

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it gets kind of overlooked but the Jes Macallen episode is one of the best IMO

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
In a discussion of "Would you take money to sponsor an evil company like Monsanto" on this week's Best Show, Hayes says they read the Cards Against Humanity ads for "Like, $30. That was worse than Monsanto."

Zsinjeh posted:

e:
"Rick fills his glass [with bourbon] and drinks it quickly. His face is entirely expressionless."

Okay, that's impossible. We're supposed to believe he's not reacting at all? He's gotta be making a pee-yew face. That's stuffs strong!!!

Also we've established that all the lights are off, so who knows how we're seeing this.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

They got like 300$ worth of comedy from that 30$ ad too.
Hey fat cats and big CEO people that are lurking in this thread: I, a consumer, never skip the ads on Hollywood Handbook and actively look forward to them. Out of the way too many podcats I listen to - because I am a 20-something nerd - this is the only one.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Nicole Byer is up there with Dave Thomas for GOAT in my opinion

Speak on that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Zsinjeh posted:

They got like 300$ worth of comedy from that 30$ ad too.
Hey fat cats and big CEO people that are lurking in this thread: I, a consumer, never skip the ads on Hollywood Handbook and actively look forward to them. Out of the way too many podcats I listen to - because I am a 20-something nerd - this is the only one.

That's a good point. As a company guy it's important to me to know that listeners are paying attention when the hosts I paid to read copy call my product lovely and stupid for five minutes straight.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think they mostly only call the product lovely + stupid when the product is lovely + stupid

cams
Mar 28, 2003

dear fat cats and ceo's

i listen to podcasts because they are free and i don't buy anything

hth

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Help Im Alive posted:

I think they mostly only call the product lovely + stupid when the product is lovely + stupid

Norm McDonald making fun of the man grill is the funniest thing in podcast history but man grill probably shouldn't have given him a bonus for all the extra mental real estate he created for their product.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tarranon posted:

really the only lady dud i can think of is tracey wigfield but it wasn't for lack of trying...

i'd rather think she was making a conscious choice not to play along with those bits because i was in tears that episode

Work Friend Keven posted:

Norm McDonald making fun of the man grill is the funniest thing in podcast history

this is canon

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnjQKZpmRC0

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

dear fat cats and ceo's

hth

word

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I once bought a dildo with a coupon code from Dan Savage, podcast advertising works.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Poopy Palpy posted:

I once bought a dildo with a coupon code from Dan Savage, podcast advertising works.

I literally bought a pair of MeUndies because of Bill Burr's song.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I bought the game Threes for my phone ebcause when never not funny was advertising it they'd just talk about it for 15 minutes straight during their show.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
They bought the factory.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I hate the post office!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

cams posted:

dear fat cats and ceo's

also 90% of your poo poo isn't even available where I live

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Drunkboxer posted:

I hate the post office!

Scam.com

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sounds like it's more misadvertisement than scam, the people who use it for business seem happy while people who just want a few stamps are outraged.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
(Matt Besser enters a funeral parlor. There is a small casket at one end of the room, surrounded by bouquets, wreaths bearing "WE WILL MISS YOU BRANDON" and "OUR ANGEL" banners, and framed portraits of a small child. A young couple, clad in black, stand weeping in front of the coffin, her head buried in his chest. The man has a hand resting atop the coffin, and he is muttering "My son, my son")

"So what's this about"

Nemo posted:

I think I just miss Pawnsylvania from Kroll Show. Earwolf should make that a weekly show.

Kroll Show was great all around but man, if they had done a season 4 that was nothing but Pawnsylvania I would've had no problem with that.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I love Wengert on I4H, once he gets going there's no stopping him.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Kroll Show was great all around but man, if they had done a season 4 that was nothing but Pawnsylvania I would've had no problem with that.

I'm kind of glad Nick Kroll ended it on a high note, you could tell he didn't want to repeat characters or let them get stale, like the too much tuna guys have. Me and my wife still quote/imitate the ghost bouncers and wheels ontario, but had they overdone them I could see it getting repetitive and boring.

I really love Jon Daly though Pawnsylvania was great. I loved him on the christmas womptacular too, probably the best part. "I'm a racist"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Illinois Smith posted:

I love Wengert on I4H, once he gets going there's no stopping him.

stingrays sketch was best of material

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ElCondemn posted:

I'm kind of glad Nick Kroll ended it on a high note, you could tell he didn't want to repeat characters or let them get stale, like the too much tuna guys have.

I agree, except for that bit about Oh, Hello getting stale. I can't get enough of Gil and George's cranky old man antics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, Oh Hello is wonderful and it's good that the characters still live outside of the show.