Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I sincerely believe Carly Fiorina is the candidate most likely to start a nuclear war.

Any corporate CEO, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

I sincerely believe Carly Fiorina is the candidate most likely to start a nuclear war.

If elected, yeah, but factoring in chance of election rather than presuming election as a given, Trump by a mile.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
The US Senate received the tax/budget bill from the House today. It included some unpalatable things for both sides. Rubio said that the Senate should try to slow it down with procedural motions, but eventually it went up for a vote. Cruz, Paul, and Sanders all voted "no." The bill passed 65-33. One of the two missing votes? Yep, Rubio!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I know PP got funded, what other unpalatable things did both sides find?

GOP is obviously annoyed because Paul Al-Ryan didn't let them shut down the government for Christmas

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
man it took, what, three months for ryan to get the congressional jihadists baying for his blood? thats got to be a record

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

paranoid randroid posted:

man it took, what, three months for ryan to get the congressional jihadists baying for his blood? thats got to be a record

This is a victory for Ryan in my opinion. It could have gone very bad for him but this is about the best possible outcome for him.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If elected, yeah, but factoring in chance of election rather than presuming election as a given, Trump by a mile.

agreed

Drastic Actions posted:

The followup is pretty good too, IMO.

Yeah, PPP tricked them into saying yes to bombing a country they have never heard of, that does not exist.

I'm going to the new Star Wars movie in a couple of hours, but I already know that this image is the perfect capstone to my week. Thank you.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Basically the bill continued a series of tax cuts that Democrats didn't like (especially one for companies that allows them to devalue new equipment more quickly) and a series of government funding for agencies that Republicans didn't like (especially Planned Parenthood); it also prevented Republicans from adding riders that would counter some of Obama's policies (USA Today says on, e.g., wetlands rules, armor piercing bullets, etc.). Republicans also win on removing the crude oil export ban (which is a relic anyway) and preventing Obama from shutting down Guantanamo Bay; Democrats win on deferring the deportation of the children of illegal immigrants. Etc., etc., you win some, you lose some - the usual way politics is done.

Mitt Romney posted:

This is a victory for Ryan in my opinion. It could have gone very bad for him but this is about the best possible outcome for him.

This is an excellent point, though. He was expecting to get around 100 Republican voters in the House and enough Democrats to pass the bill, but he wound up with a 316-133 vote. And considering how Boehner was forced out, Ryan should feel like he's in the cat bird seat. Pelosi is really happy about the spending portion, though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

agreed

I'm going to the new Star Wars movie in a couple of hours, but I already know that this image is the perfect capstone to my week. Thank you.

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't go more topical and ask if the strike on Alderaan was justified.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't go more topical and ask if the strike on Alderaan was justified.

http://static.politico.com/95/ec/03f71a894b8a85ae06b729dfda72/global-strategy-group-star-wars-survey.pdf

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Xenophon posted:

The US Senate received the tax/budget bill from the House today. It included some unpalatable things for both sides. Rubio said that the Senate should try to slow it down with procedural motions, but eventually it went up for a vote. Cruz, Paul, and Sanders all voted "no." The bill passed 65-33. One of the two missing votes? Yep, Rubio!

At first I was in the camp that though Rubio had some dark skeletons that were preventing him from really takin the spotlight but now I'm beginning to think that the entire reason for Rubio's lack up surge is solely because he's just too loving lazy to be arsed to do anything. He can't really use his campaigning as an excuse for his absence in the senate because when is he ever campaigning? His laziness makes me hate him more because what an entitled little poo poo. He thinks he can just land some prewritten zingers during the debate and walk into the White House the next day?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Boosted_C5 posted:

OF COURSE weak liberals would have a problem with bombing a suspicious, swarthy, likely terrorist who has access to the ultimate weapon of mass destruction, a magical being who can and WILL grant his EVERY desire. Just one little request and he could unleash a rain of fire murdering every good white christian in America.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

The phrasing of those questions is all off though.

"Alderaan was suspected of being used by a radical terrorist organization for the production of weapons to be used against Imperial forces, while those rebels were using the civilian population as human shields. Is the destruction of the planet unavoidable?"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

2016 Republican Primary: White Pride and Prejudice

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Xenophon posted:

Jeb! Feel the excitement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enVtvLyF2wI

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Good Citizen posted:

Glenn Beck has been vocally against Trump and for Cruz since day one. Months ago he explicitly said that if you were against Obama but for Trump then you're just a racist.

Does Glenn Beck still play with his poop?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

nachos posted:

This is kind of interesting

Given the choices of just Ben Carson, Donald Trump, Marco Rubio, and Ted Cruz who would you support for the Republican nomination for President?
Carson 10
Trump 40
Rubio 20
Cruz 22
Not sure 9

Given the choices of just Donald Trump, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and Ted Cruz who would you support for the Republican nomination for President?
Trump 40
Bush 12
Rubio 19
Cruz 21
Not sure 7

Bush picks up all the Carson support and then some while Ted Cruz actually goes down-ish

After finishing dinner, Joe Sixpack decides to order dessert. The waitress tells him he has two choices: apple pie and blueberry pie. Joe orders the apple pie. After a few minutes the waitress returns and says that they also have cherry pie at which point Sixpack says “In that case I'll have the blueberry pie.”

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

is Gampy Sr. still undefeated?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I bet the number would be higher if they'd asked about Chicago or Detroit instead.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Grey Fox posted:

I bet the number would be higher if they'd asked about Chicago or Detroit instead.
wow, hivemind joke

not that I'm mocking you, you've got a point

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

:chanpop: Nature is on his side...

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

It's as if he was engineered to be some sort of... Ubermensch

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

It all begins to make sense

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 22, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Turns out the Golden Ratio wasn't just in reference to his hair or skin

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Donald Trump seizes the first napkin

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

"Why, and if those people are outside screaming and gettin' stabbed and shot by other folks, why, I think we should just turn that second deadbolt and start carpet bombing the neighborhood."

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Pretty low energy sign IMHO.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Dispatch from the Twitter war:

I swear Trump is getting attacks from this thread. Don't we joke about this?

2 minutes later, Jeb tweets:

As expected, the responses are mostly calling him beta and a cuck.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 18, 2015

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Isn't his last name "!"?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

William Bear posted:

I swear Trump is getting attacks from this thread. Don't we joke about this?

everyone does since it is pretty apparent why he isn't using it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

memy posted:

Isn't his last name "!"?

lets turn the clock back to ~2002 and have a big ol argue about how you pronounce an exclamation point

personally, i think its "chk"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
yet if there's one thing Jeb!'s campaign has accomplished this cycle, it's popularizing (for a certain value of that term) his dumb acronym non-name

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 22, 2016

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

zeal posted:

yet if there's one thing Jeb!'s campaign has accomplished this cycle, it's popularizing (for a certain value of that term) his dumb acronym non-name

I did not realize Jeb! was actually J.E.B.!

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

DARPA posted:

J.E.B.: An enternal jolden braid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

DARPA posted:

Jeb! Bush is actually John Ellis Bush Bush

• Locked thread