Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

phosdex posted:

Welp just over 6 weeks they finally replied and denied my refund. Pretty much the exact same as the previous image that was posted.

If I didn't just get permanently banned from asking questions in the twitch chat, I'd ask them if it was true they were denying all refunds on your behalf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Crash74 posted:

Serious post: How is this dude able to reach around to wipe his own rear end?

Bidet?

Crash74
May 11, 2009
^ do they make one that is rated for that kind of mass?

Xaerael posted:

We've been over this a few times. Apparently there's some sort of aide you can buy which is essentially a stick with a grabby hand on the end. Someone posted a commercial of it a long while back when I asked this same question.

I was thinking it would be something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ38PGV_3wg where they have an unpaid intern hose him down when the stench gets to bad.

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 18, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3xa06l/referrals_for_30_package_not_credited_as_recruited/]

:laffo:

Do those cheap fuckers think Chris can afford to give you a virtual fishtank for $150 in referrals?

$225 minimum you lousy bastards.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

G0RF posted:

This just happened-- wording is imprecise... Tracy was talking about their PG plans- lakes, animal life, forests, alien life, whatever..

Tracy: "Procedural generation? Yes, we're working on what we call our..." (thinks about it, smiling)... "well I won't say what our internal code name is for it..."

Ben and Lando nod in a 'yes, it's best not to say that on camera'...

Let me guess, "Elite Killer?"

Based on the cluelessness displayed yesterday, they've probably called it Chairman's Folly and felt fairly safe in never having it reach the executive level. Today, they're just not in the mood of having two days of… ehrm… “precipitous lay-offs” in a row. :haw:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Crash74 posted:

I was thinking it would be something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ38PGV_3wg where they have an unpaid intern hose him down when the stench gets to bad.

https://youtu.be/LYhT6FHEpwY?t=25

Sorry, I couldn't resist that opportunity.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

G0RF posted:

This just happened-- wording is imprecise... Tracy was talking about their PG plans- lakes, animal life, forests, alien life, whatever..

Tracy: "Procedural generation? Yes, we're working on what we call our..." (thinks about it, smiling)... "well I won't say what our internal code name is for it..."

Ben and Lando nod in a 'yes, it's best not to say that on camera'...

Let me guess, "Elite Killer?"

What the gently caress, they're making No Man's Sky now?

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Xaerael posted:

Put that one on your resume bud!

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Xaerael posted:

"Now he's packed into a pachyderm"

Sounds about right

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Employees were told to dress "Business Casual" today. And many of them did.

Here's a rumor. They were having visitors from a potential investor / acquirer and need to look sharp.

Here's a fact. Lando is very annoyed to have someone talking a lot more than he does.

Here's another fact. Ben is falling asleep on camera.

FatherChristmas
Nov 9, 2012

'Tis the season

Karl, fucketh thyself.

Warcabbit posted:

One of my best 3D people came from Zynga. I believe the stories are all/largely true.

That being said, one of my plans is, since we're all about remote development, with collaboration without physical plant, to hire people out after their section of the project is over, becoming a freelancing office for our workers we don't currently need, as well as maintaining a flow of effort of various types of programs, allowing for rotating from project to project easily.

I like that plan, honestly, because one of the most dreaded things I have is having to go job hunting again. If I ever feel the need to go elsewhere I may hit you up if you're looking for talent. I'm just happy where I'm at for the moment.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

I think Ben just legitimately needs to rest his eyelids. Because they are so fat and heavy,

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

G0RF posted:

Here's a rumor. They were having visitors from a potential investor / acquirer and need to look sharp.

Here's a fact. Lando is very annoyed to have someone talking a lot more than he does.

Ben looks like he's having a Stroke. And not the fun kind. 34% higher risk for obese men is real.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Waitasec, am I crazy or does Ben look like substantially thinner? And his arms actually look reasonably proportioned?

What the gently caress happened after the livestream? :ohdear:

EDIT: Took a look at the livestream and the t-rex arms were there. Must be something about that clip.

I think it is that he is looking at you straight on but his body is turned. Look at those nice d cup boobs.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BMan posted:

What the gently caress, they're making No Man's Sky now?

No mans sky is a pleb game. CIG will make it faster just like they've made planetary landings faster than e:d

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Eonwe posted:

No mans sky is a pleb game. CIG will make it faster just like they've made planetary landings faster than e:d

No Man's Sky is gonna be a real boring and lovely game that people will be incapable of shutting the gently caress up about imho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bolow posted:

No Man's Sky is gonna be a real boring and lovely game that people will be incapable of shutting the gently caress up about imho

Nobody will talk about it because CIG will do it and do it better

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bolow posted:

It might be fun for a few hours but then the repetition and grind will set in. This generations Spore but without the amusing dick monsters.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Has procedural generation been part of the plan the whole time? I thought it was all supposed to be handcrafted?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HexDog posted:

Has procedural generation been part of the plan the whole time? I thought it was all supposed to be handcrafted?

It's whatever the person who asked about it at that time wanted it to be

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

HexDog posted:

They handcrafted the procedural generation algorithms.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
honestly though

it really is whatever they thought the person asking about wanted

CIG is notorious for that.They will promise anything at any time. Birds? gently caress yeah, of course.

Procedural generation? Why not.

Handcrafted? Yeah sure. Cool.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Sarsapariller posted:

Wow, they're getting 2.1 out today? Unexpected but good for them. I look forward to bumming around somebody else's Freelancer.

Awwright, PM me, let's set this up.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Has anyone asked Chris if Star Citizen with have dating simulation? The BDSSE should have waifus

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

illectro posted:

Technically I play games professionally. I also write code professionally. But those are both very separate.

I am curious about the first. Streamer? Wait, are you Scott Manley or something? (vague memory kicks in)

Duude. Manley got to sit in the Megabot - there's video on his twitter.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 18, 2015

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Warcabbit posted:

Awwright, PM me, let's set this up.

I'm home in a few hours, I'll message you if it's actually available to the public.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

looks like someone when down to the local goodwill and bought him a tent sized shirt that actually fits / not going to explode. Not letting someone in front of a camera who looks like a monster from "the thing" when you are trying to get millions of dollars from suckers, what a good idea. So bravo for that i guess.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm home in a few hours, I'll message you if it's actually available to the public.

The Khartu is also a 2P ship, I got one of those too. Let's see if we can get seasick on it.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Crash74 posted:

looks like someone when down to the local goodwill and bought him a tent sized shirt that actually fits / not going to explode. Not letting someone in front of a camera who looks like a monster from "the thing" when you are trying to get millions of dollars from suckers, what a good idea. So bravo for that i guess.

That's a generous definition of "fits" with two top buttons undone. They're gonna need a bigger tent.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Warcabbit posted:

I am curious about the first. Streamer? Wait, are you Scott Manley or something? (vague memory kicks in)

Duude. Manley got to sit in the Megabot - there's video on his twitter.
He is Manley. But sadly his smoky Scottish accent doesn't come through in his posts.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

G0RF posted:

That's Wulf in the way back right? Dick pic guy?

Crash74
May 11, 2009
illectro you get any crazy hate mail from that kind of lackluster stream you did? I would think you would have the crazies foaming at the mouth when you were like "meh.."

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
You know when I was typing the subtitles for the Hitler video I put in "news van ship" because I saw someone else in the thread had called it that; I figured it was just a humorous derogatory name for a bad idea. I just now found out that "news van" is literally on the CIG site as their actual description of it.

:gary:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Amarcarts posted:

You know when I was typing the subtitles for the Hitler video I put in "news van ship" because I saw someone else in the thread had called it that; I figured it was just a humorous derogatory name for a bad idea. I just now found out that "news van" is literally on the CIG site as their actual description of it.

:gary:

Aren't you excited to be a space reporter and get a sarcastic yet secretly vulnerable space reporter waifu like Piper from Fallout 4?

She will call you "Green" because money

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

HexDog posted:

Looks like him to me, would need to see the fingernails to be sure.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
David Braben is asking us to be gentle.

quote:

Landing on planets seems to be ‘the new black’ as they might say in marketing circles… You can do it now anywhere on the surface of countless 1:1 scale simulated planetary surfaces in Elite Dangerous: Horizons and landing is coming in the future in No Man’s Sky, Star Citizen (as I heard just now – a major new future feature they announced last night), Infinity: Battlescape and many others. This is a great thing, as open world space games have now truly come back with a bang, and I look forwards to playing them – and also huge congratulations to Chris and the team for raising $100M for Star Citizen!

What both Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous are trying to do is very hard indeed. Both games are incredibly ambitious. I am proud and excited about what we are doing, but what they are doing is ambitious too, and I am looking forward to playing Star Citizen when it is finished. What we are both doing is new; we are trailblazing. The scope of both is vast and quite different, and neither have been done before, so there is no right answer for either of the approaches. It is frustrating to see some of the criticism of Star Citizen online. We should applaud when someone tries something that is hard, that hasn’t been done, not discourage them.

Game development is hard, with a great many independent components to get right. The very best development looks easy, but this is because of a great deal of careful planning by very experienced people behind the scenes working hard to make it happen. Like a swan, there may be frantic paddling of feet underwater, out of sight, but the view on the surface is one of serene beauty with barely a ripple. We are very proud of what we do, we have an incredible community supporting the game, and we have an amazing future.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=214169&p=3278592&viewfull=1#post3278592

Part of me hopes with him that we're just seeing the symptoms of trying to do something very hard indeed...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Berious posted:

I think this is the moment Chris realized his game was a piece of poo poo and a failure

https://youtu.be/ZWq8ynUq7wM?t=1061

I think I've seen that look before. Oh, yeah, I remember now.

Rick McCallum at initial screening of the first edit of The Phantom Menace

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

HexDog posted:

:aaa:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

Looks like him to me, would need to see the fingernails to be sure.

I thought dickwulf had a mullet and liked to pose with a big sword like out of highlander. Or was that a different hilarious whale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

XK posted:

I think I've seen that look before. Oh, yeah, I remember now.

Rick McCallum at initial screening of the first edit of The Phantom Menace

I really wish I could have been the fly for this one.

• Locked thread