Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Brightman posted:

Actually I think I saw something saying the fbi seized the album so maybe not the best time for the caper.

now we know why they did it, they just wanted a listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

So, if I understand this right, his grand scheme goes about like this.

• Lie his way into a position of power.
  • Cheat and rob some very rich, very powerful people.
  • Draw as much attention to himself as possible.
  • Piss off everyone.

loving amazing.

Don't forget the last point

• Publically dis Hilary Clinton

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Absolutely savage. I love it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

chitoryu12 posted:

So I found a video that compiled the 20 oldest YouTube videos still on the site, and found that even these first nascent steps into becoming the world's second largest search engine included schadenfreud clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uImk2RgCq_U

OMG the Backdorm Boys, forgot all about those guys. Didn't realise they were on YouTube right from the beginning. Their goofy mime-alongs to popular tunes made them early YouTube superstars. Seemed like fun dudes. I guess the real scootyfruit is that today's YouTube megastars are almost universally utter cocks?

Odd to think that site is only ten years old. Trying to find a place online to host even short videos before that was hellishly difficult. Back then I paid a ton of money for a giant camera that most budget smartphones piss over, it was a constant case of fannying around with codecs to compress the hell out of the video just to reduce filesize. Even just getting it onto the computer in the first place was a chore. Now we have kids uploading 1080p videos that are 10 hours long.

My lawn, uphill both ways in the snow, used to be nothing but trees around here etc etc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Those were hard times indeed! I have like 5 CDRs somewhere in storage with tiny pre-youtube video clips I collected from around the web. Also realmedia, good god that was pure shi*buffering*

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Nitrox posted:

I think they're just expect drivers to be complete ignoramuses and once that car out of the parking lot, it's no longer their problem. Drive though oil places make money by volume, and "techs" get paid accordingly. The incentive is to finish asap, no matter what

So why not just literally do nothing, which would have been both faster and overall more beneficial to the customer in this case?

Like, they clearly put a fair bit of work into loving up here

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

• Piss off everyone.

loving amazing.

You know, notwithstanding how many people this guy has hurt, and what a colossal douchebag he is, I can't help but feel sorry for him. I mean, he must have something wrong with his head; megalomania, sociopathy, whatever. I guess I wish it were possible that his head could be fixed and the damage he's done be undone. Though I guess that applies to all criminals. :unsmith:

And obviously this aint the right thread for that

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I feel more sorry for people his actions and greed has hurt.

Shrek-li also liked to do boring livestreams of himself. Here's probably the FBI trying to call him on-stream :v: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-4D6yj-cR4&t=1h22m4s

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Nah, that's a common pre-recorded prank call thing.

It looks like he's no stranger to those.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

spog posted:

Don't forget the last point

• Publically dis Hilary Clinton

I forgot about that. I wonder where pissing off the most powerful, vindictive woman in America fell in to his master plan.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

The first picture of him I've seen where he doesn't look like a smug douche.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

veedubfreak posted:

The first picture of him I've seen where he doesn't look like a smug douche.

He looks like he's being arrested for eating his mom's rear end

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

He looks like he's being arrested for eating his mom's rear end

That's oddly specific :stare:

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Powered Descent posted:

From the bitcoin thread:

I knew it. As soon as I heard "massive financial fraud" combined with "massive fuckups" combined with "complete rear end in a top hat", I just KNEW bitcoins were going to factor into it one way or another.
Matt Levine at Bloomberg has a line he always uses that I love:
"any sufficiently advanced criminal enterprise is indistinguishable from a bitcoin exchange"

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElGroucho posted:

I forgot about that. I wonder where pissing off the most powerful, vindictive woman in America fell in to his master plan.

I don't follow politics, what did Hilary do that was vindictive?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Nitrox posted:

I think they're just expect drivers to be complete ignoramuses and once that car out of the parking lot, it's no longer their problem. Drive though oil places make money by volume, and "techs" get paid accordingly. The incentive is to finish asap, no matter what

In addition, modern engine packaging is getting really compact / complex and I'm pretty confident that oil change businesses train these minimum wage workers using job aides that show 70's era imagery. "oil plug here, fill hole here for *most* cars :words:" /picture of generic nondescript engine. So customer pulls up in his 2015 Audi and the underside basically looks like a loving moon buggy to these guys and they bungle gently caress it good because the boss' only directive is MOAR CARZ FASTER.

I'd be willing to bet most oil places aren't even looking for mechanically inclined people to employ on the front lines and their jobs are mostly work flowed to hell and back and any deviation from the work flow causes all kinds of problems. I had a span of time I didn't have the ability to change my own oil and used a few of these places. Made me nervous but hey, what could possibly go wrong as long as I give it a quick once over before I leave.

#1 - Jiffy Lube, screaming deal on Mobil 1 synth change. They finish. I check the oil level, it's fine and clean. I look under the car, no leaks but I immediately notice the wrong oil filter is installed. Manager drives to dealer to get the correct filter, changes the oil again. I don't get mad because my car is an oddball and takes a bigger filter than the standard model but the standard model oil filter still screws on. All is corrected and I leave.

#2 - Same Jiffy Lube, same screaming deal on Mobil 1 synth change. They can't gently caress it up twice, right? I drove to the dealer first to buy a filter. Take it to the oil place and tell the tech "There was a problem last time with the wrong filter. Here. I brought you the filter I want you to use." They finish, I check the car. Wrong loving filter installed and the one I brought is in the trash can next to the pit. Manager fixes issue, tries to give me 5 free changes to make me less mad. I don't want them, just give me my money back.

Shame on me for the second time but Jesus Christ.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

She killed Vince Foster and Vilerat with her bare hands.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And then emailed about it, but used like the wrong email or something.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Turtlicious posted:

Had a vagina

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

Serious answer, she wants really hard to repeal citizen's united because the case that decided it was over somebody trying to air a movie length attack ad against her.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

Serious answer, she wants really hard to repeal citizen's united because the case that decided it was over somebody trying to air a movie length attack ad against her.

Not to turn this into D&D but even if that is the reason Citizens United was a Real Bad Supreme Court Decision and it should be overturned.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

gvibes posted:

Matt Levine at Bloomberg has a line he always uses that I love:
"any sufficiently advanced criminal enterprise is indistinguishable from a bitcoin exchange"

:master:

Alter Ego posted:

Not to turn this into D&D but even if that is the reason Citizens United was a Real Bad Supreme Court Decision and it should be overturned.

Yeah. This. And I honestly don't see how Hilary's reaction makes her any more vindictive than any other politician would be in her position. Anyone else holding or seeking public office would do the same if some Super-PAC gave them as much poo poo as she's gotten.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alter Ego posted:

I'm sure it's not the ONLY reason she wants it overturned, but yeah it'll be good to get rid of it

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Clintons are known for being very tribal and having an "our people vs. their people" kind of mentality, even within their own party. It's why the 2008 primary between the Clinton loyalists and Obama's Chicago upstarts got so nasty.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
The real freude is going to be when Hillary becomes president because every single republican running is a complete idiot.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

veedubfreak posted:

The real freude is going to be when Hillary becomes president because every single republican running is a complete idiot.

Far and away the dumbest guy the RNC put out there in 2000 won their nomination and ended up as president for eight years. Granted, not everyone in the 2000 primary was as stupid as all of them are now, but my point is never underestimate the American people's ability to elect the seemingly unelectable.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not really schadenfreude but still fun:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Cats are masters of stealth:

http://i.imgur.com/Pa2yPSp.gifv

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

• Piss off everyone.

loving amazing.

He's like Dunning-Kruger personified. He has just enough competence and balls to bullshit his way into power and convincing people to give him money, but it only extends that far. He got greedy and tried to take advantage of the money and power to live like a king, and when he realized that it was unsustainable he tried to play a shell game shuffling everyone's money and assets around to make X pay for Y which pays for Z which pays for X which......

He'd have been better off if he just let himself fail and go back to being a nobody. If he admitted that he hosed up and got taken out of power, he could have spent his life rebuilding to at least living comfortably in that sector. Instead, he thought he was some brilliant scammer running rings around everyone and knowing every loophole to let him thumb his nose at the people he took advantage of.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cats are assholes. :allears:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

chitoryu12 posted:

He's like Dunning-Kruger personified.

I'm just counting down to his inevitable Puppet Master claim, it's gonna be glorious.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wanamingo posted:

Good, that ruling was bad bad garbage.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm just counting down to his inevitable Puppet Master claim, it's gonna be glorious.

A lot of his tweets come real close.

ETA: Holy poo poo this guy is such a loving baby.

Depressio111117 has a new favorite as of 21:09 on Dec 18, 2015

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Didn't he already claim that when he faked getting so angry that he punched a fridge and broke his wrist?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
http://i.imgur.com/NdLba9X.gifv

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

The rare 90 Axle Stall into Oh poo poo Dog Please Don--Come Oooon. 600 points in THPS, I think? But I forget how combos multiply.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zakharov posted:

I cannot possibly emphasize enough how important it is that you click this link.

yeah thanks for that. Hooooooly gently caress it just wouldn't end

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Does anyone have the one of a cat stalking a bird (a pigeon, I think)? The cat gets really close, but then the bird flies off and the cat collapses in shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

Does anyone have the one of a cat stalking a bird (a pigeon, I think)? The cat gets really close, but then the bird flies off and the cat collapses in shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaXPOValTqQ