Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Arus eating bombs like a boss before his second Sabetha kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

What a heroic stud :swoon:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Sabetha is actually large enough that you can sometimes read her animations. This is breaking my immersion terribly and I hope they fix it.

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

Per Illu's request:

Naked and on fire.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mizuti posted:

If you don't want to keep it, then I'd be happy to buy it. No listing fees, and the trading post wouldn't take a cut. Interested in making a deal?

Sure, I just PMed you my game details and such.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Continuing my attempts to get better at pvp and derailing the thread from its rightful birdchat origins, is there any way to activate Dragonhunter trap stacks as Thief without just getting completely mauled by them? I had a game earlier where I walked onto a point at ~12k HP and promptly died to Dragon's Maw + Procession of Blades before the knockdown from Dragon's Maw had even ended. The freaking Dragonhunter wasn't even there, he ran back after the traps had downed me to stomp me :mad:

Also is it cool if I keep asking dumb baby pvp questions? Goons seem more or less like they know what they're doing and this stuff is crazy hard

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Some upcoming changes for wvw

anet posted:

Objectives upgrades will no longer be automatic based on time. They will upgrade based on dolyaks that reach them. Smaller groups can now prevent an objective from upgrading by preventing dolyaks from reaching that objective.

Supply cost for all catapults are being reduced by ten supply. The layout of the Desert Borderlands map has increased the number of catapults required to take some objectives. We agree with your feedback that also increasing the cost of catapults pushed the balance too far towards defense so we are tuning that more towards offense.

Points per kill will be turned on and kept on. This is to more directly recognize the contribution that fighting other players adds to the success of the world.

The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from five to one.

Players will also no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat. You still will be able to revive downed players while in combat. Both of these changes are designed to help fights resolve and to give smaller, more skilled groups a better chance against larger groups.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/World-vs-World-Holiday-Sneak-Peek

It's not much, but its something. Kinda.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 19, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

OH GOOD and it only took them half a god drat year. Of course this is also assuming they don't yet again say they've added it and then go ahead and not actually add it.

edit: Seriously this isn't even a balance issue that needs to wait for a big balance patch, it's a long outstanding bug that could and should be easily rectified. Even if they plan to completely rework it in the balance patch they can still change it in the mean time to whatever it was actually supposed to be when they increased its cooldown.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 19, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Of course this is also assuming they don't yet again say they've added it and then go ahead and not actually add it.

:q:

Magres posted:

Also is it cool if I keep asking dumb baby pvp questions?

I suspect the answer to your other question is 'no, don't fight dragonhunters if you are a thief,' but I am not sure. I can however tell you the answer to this question is yes :)

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Generic Octopus posted:

HoT was more disappointing than anything; it just didn't add much, and a lot of what it did add was sorta poorly thought out. Masteries are sort of a hassle, but you don't really need to get too deep into any of them. The Elite specs are either really good or suck profoundly depending on your class. Gold rewards got stripped from dungeons, so if you ran those for money you're sol. Otherwise the game is much the same.

The base game is f2p, HoT is not. It's not worth $50 to me, it'd probably be ok at 20-30.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone still playing thief is a masochist.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Thief is really fun, it's just really bad

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I really like my p/p daredevil. I just think it would be a lot more fun if he wasn't hilariously ineffective.

Yeah this. I love D/P thief and have a good time playing it, I just don't do anything useful ever because the mobile roaming 1v1 class can't 1v1 anything in the game unless you badly outplay them. I play it in Unranked to blow off steam when I'm frustrated with Ranked.

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 19, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
I really like my p/p daredevil. I made quip just for him. I just think it would be a lot more fun if he wasn't hilariously ineffective.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

hilariously ineffective.

Yea that's kinda the whole reason I stopped playing my thief.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I was doing daily pvp capture in a hotjoin and a revenant jumped me. Heh joke's on him I got away because my class can run really really fast

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I absolutely love my staff/shortbow daredevil to the point where I've stopped playing and only play my chronomancer and berserker when I specifically need them for something.

Sure, maybe it isn't great for pvp, but it's a monster in pve and I'm by far the fastest class in the game.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Visidan posted:

I love how Arus ended up with more raiding experience in HoT than most goons.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Magres posted:

Continuing my attempts to get better at pvp and derailing the thread from its rightful birdchat origins, is there any way to activate Dragonhunter trap stacks as Thief without just getting completely mauled by them? I had a game earlier where I walked onto a point at ~12k HP and promptly died to Dragon's Maw + Procession of Blades before the knockdown from Dragon's Maw had even ended. The freaking Dragonhunter wasn't even there, he ran back after the traps had downed me to stomp me :mad:

Also is it cool if I keep asking dumb baby pvp questions? Goons seem more or less like they know what they're doing and this stuff is crazy hard

It wouldn't have helped you in this case but i use the rune set that spawns a rock dog so it triggers traps.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Lonk posted:

Fridge raiding, maybe

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Lonk posted:

It's good to see that Anet finally respects the needs of casual players with two legendaries that full clear raids and are guild leaders.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Vargs posted:

Fridge raiding, maybe

:drat:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

ItBurns posted:

It's good to see that Anet finally respects the needs of casual players with two legendaries that full clear raids and are guild leaders.

He's even playing how he wants with his dumb shield

Even if we all had to eat the most expensive foods to make up for it

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Some upcoming changes for wvw

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/World-vs-World-Holiday-Sneak-Peek

It's not much, but its something. Kinda.

These are good but guild catas need to go back to what they used to cost with how much the game pop has died since the expansion came out.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Kenshin posted:

Sure, maybe it isn't great for pvp, but it's a monster in pve and I'm by far the fastest class in the game.

Good sir, do you have a moment to listen to the word of our lord and savior, Shiro Revenant?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So is the bird staff only craftable through the new collection method?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Yes. This is in direct contrast to the old method of getting a legendary which didn't require collecting anything.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

AmericanGeeksta posted:

The new big stuff like the orchestra and legendaries are yeah. Can't use just gold anymore

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Magres posted:

If you know where the trap is, (you watched them drop it) you can roll through it to trigger it. Otherwise, no. I've lost track of the number of poor thieves I've oneshotted with dragon trap+blender trap+fire trap. This is called "balance".

edit: Also mesmers. Honestly, I think dragonhunter traps are the best weapon against mesmers. They just walk onto the wrong spot and it's *CHOMP!, ignite, blendblendblenddown :fuckoff:

Sjonnar fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 19, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah having played some Chrono I think their defensive tech is really proactive and not good once you're on the back foot, so if they step into a trap blender they're pretty hosed.

Otoh there's like no reason for them to die to traps. Just put up the (incredibly long) evasion well on a point as you go in if there's a DH on it

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 19, 2015

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Speaking of casual raiding. Here's the video from a Gorseval kill. Cletus is explaining the fight mechanics as we go along because it was one person's very first time facing the boss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge1rpoycRcE

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
John lightnings a real piece of poo poo, usually when someone does that for the first time they fall off a cliff so I was very surprised.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

shrach posted:

Speaking of casual raiding. Here's the video from a Gorseval kill. Cletus is explaining the fight mechanics as we go along because it was one person's very first time facing the boss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge1rpoycRcE

Oh hooray, I'm in this video :)

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

One day I would like to do the raid, but I live in a Bad Timezone full of Bad People and thus cannot play at normal times, when people do content.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mesmer Asura and dreggon have apparently been busy in the guild hall with...

An Arus Snowman

A Burning Man Snowman

The Cloud (offices for all sfd's IT workers)

Amazing :allears:

e: oh and a goddamn loving ice moose

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 19, 2015

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I did my first GW2 raid today.

It was a pug raid.

It went fine.

Raids are good.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Magres posted:

Yeah having played some Chrono I think their defensive tech is really proactive and not good once you're on the back foot, so if they step into a trap blender they're pretty hosed.

Otoh there's like no reason for them to die to traps. Just put up the (incredibly long) evasion well on a point as you go in if there's a DH on it

The evasion well is only 3 seconds and it now causes you to not be able to contest the point, so if you are arriving on time (i.e. as it is being de-capped/capped and not after) this is a bad strategy. That being said, you do not need to use Mesmer defense proactively in order to be very hard to kill. Sword/shield has more than enough defense to survive a trap blender after you've unwittingly set one off. The key to keeping your defenses up is to fit very small pauses between your active defense skills when you can and keep alacrity up as much as possible so that they recharge quickly.

ApeHawk posted:

I did my first GW2 raid today.

It was a pug raid.

It went fine.

Raids are good.

Between people learning the raid and me doing Fractals and figuring out the Revenant DPS rotation is actually really simple, I'm starting to get excited for raids again after basically giving up on them after the first week.

ExHumus fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 19, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Are you upset about the insane grind of 10,000 christmas drinks to get your dumb dandruff shoulders? Well thanks to our friend Gaile here the achievement will be active all year long! So if you got that tree in your home instance that gives you a present a day, and if you log in every day, you'll get your dumb snow aura in just a bit over 30 years!

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Are you upset about the insane grind of 10,000 christmas drinks to get your dumb dandruff shoulders? Well thanks to our friend Gaile here the achievement will be active all year long! So if you got that tree in your home instance that gives you a present a day, and if you log in every day, you'll get your dumb snow aura in just a bit over 30 years!

Register a second account immediately and cut that down to 15 years. You can thank me later (half as soon as you might expect ;) )

kater
Nov 16, 2010

ItBurns posted:

Yes. This is in direct contrast to the old method of getting a legendary which didn't require collecting anything.

By new collection poo poo, we mean the 4th tier of the Tyria mastery right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I suspect the answer to your other question is 'no, don't fight dragonhunters if you are a thief,' but I am not sure. I can however tell you the answer to this question is yes :)
DD vs. DH is essentially a 1-9 matchup in fighting game terms, so yeah... just go elsewhere if you see one.
7 months to change a hotfixable heal ratio that was ostensibly listed as already altered in patch notes.

Not bad! I look forward to trying the P/P revamp sometime in 2019.

Amante fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 19, 2015

• Locked thread