Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
LOL Goldberg? He would have to high as a hundred hippies to even entertain the thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Guys TNA will totally get AJ Styles and Christian and Roman Reigns and John Cena and New Day and CM Punk and Randy Savage's ghost and

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Remember when Christian was forced to go back to TNA due to a deal WWE made?

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah and he looked miserable, like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world at that moment

So of course he'd be happy to come back

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Me and a couple buddies were the first ones at the last ROH event in our town a while back. We got the Young Bucks autographs/pictures, and then ended up just shooting the poo poo with AJ Styles for a while, as he was waiting for people to file in to come to his table, and the Bucks were the main draw this time around as they weren't here last time and he was. Anyway, TNA came up briefly and his thoughts on it were basically "gently caress TNA."

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

On what planet are these people living? There's being delusional, and then there's being downright insane.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

bobkatt013 posted:

And apparently HHH had to promise him that there would be no blowback on him if he did it because he was terrified doing it would be the end of his career.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Skinty McEdger posted:

And apparently HHH had to promise him that there would be no blowback on him if he did it because he was terrified doing it would be the end of his career.

That lying son of a bitch! Now we know why they won't let him come back. Well that combined with "Keep Roman strong" of course.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The funniest part of that is Christian was supposed to do the TNA HALL OF FAME ceremony also., and didn't do it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is everyone as stoked as I am for the return of Amazing Red in 2016 TNA

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

There's 900000 TNA fans just waiting for it to be back on a good network, the prestigious TV Guide channel will bring TNA into the future. You'll see.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

bobkatt013 posted:

can someone give me a quick primer on this? i'm picturing some double agent style shenanigans but i'm sure it was much dumber than that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hoss Corncave posted:

On what planet are these people living? There's being delusional, and then there's being downright insane.

The best part is if they get kicked off a third network in 3 years, they'll be even worse. Every year the hole gets deeper

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sir Plus posted:

can someone give me a quick primer on this? i'm picturing some double agent style shenanigans but i'm sure it was much dumber than that

WWE wanted Ric Flair to be at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony but he was under contract with TNA at the time so TNA agreed to a trade where Christian would show up at a TNA PPV and induct Sting into the TNA hall of fame (I think?). He showed up and cut a very uncomfortable promo. He looked like a prisoner of the Taliban begging to be brought home

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

oatgan posted:

WWE wanted Ric Flair to be at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony but he was under contract with TNA at the time so TNA agreed to a trade where Christian would show up at a TNA PPV and induct Sting into the TNA hall of fame (I think?). He showed up and cut a very uncomfortable promo. He looked like a prisoner of the Taliban begging to be brought home

thanks! it'd be a hell of a thing if they went back to the wwe drafts but tna got selections as well. wouldn't need to fake the nervous backstage segments.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sir Plus posted:

thanks! it'd be a hell of a thing if they went back to the wwe drafts but tna got selections as well. wouldn't need to fake the nervous backstage segments.

WWE doesn't own TNA. Nor will they ever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

WWE doesn't own TNA. Nor will they ever.

I'm sure Vince will give the Carters his pocket change for the video library and IP when it finally goes bust.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Cesar Cesaro should win MITB and then cash it in for the NXT title.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

goc posted:

Cesar Cesaro should win MITB and then cash it in for the NXT title.

It would, indeed, shock me. So he's right there I guess

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Having someone cash in MitB for the NXT title isn't an awful idea but that would be a terrible way to do it. It would have to be someone who's already been called up from NXT who is mad at whoever the current NXT title holder is for not being "good enough" or similar, and then it would have to just end with the guy he cashed in on getting called up and them finishing the story on main WWE programming.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Christian had to quietly retire due to mounting injuries and now has a cushy gig hosting a goofy comedy show with his childhood best friend so of course he's gonna leave for TNA

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Dr. rear end posted:

Christian had to quietly retire due to mounting injuries and now has a cushy gig hosting a goofy comedy show with his childhood best friend so of course he's gonna leave for TNA

Wait what show? I've never seen it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I don't think it's started airing on the network yet.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

And right before the years end, we get one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen for 2015. God bless you BCB.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Still a better idea than the end of Survivor Series, though. :v:

If only Sheamus cashed in against Vacant. That would have been hilarious.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

I'm sure Vince will give the Carters his pocket change for the video library and IP when it finally goes bust.

Vince would buy tna just to bury the tape library and pretend it never existed.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Optimist with doubt posted:

Vince would buy tna just to bury the tape library and pretend it never existed.
This would be a big face turn

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Buying the tape library would be admitting they existed in the first place. They buried Low Ki for the phrase "total nonstop action" on early NXT (and other things, admittedly), where 15 years before they were directly acknowledging they were at war with WCW and had an ECW invasion. Jarrett would be more likely to hang onto it while he tries to grow GFW.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Jarrett would be more likely to hang onto it while he tries to grow GFW.

this would also be an opportunity to monetize because it seems like an ott/streaming might be the only way they could make any sort of money.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

global force wrestling is dead already

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was impressive how shortlived that hype train was

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

sticklefifer posted:

Buying the tape library would be admitting they existed in the first place. They buried Low Ki for the phrase "total nonstop action" on early NXT (and other things, admittedly), where 15 years before they were directly acknowledging they were at war with WCW and had an ECW invasion. Jarrett would be more likely to hang onto it while he tries to grow GFW.

They acknowledged WCW because they were actually competition. TNA has never been anything but a poo poo retirement plan for guys too old or too lovely to cut it in WWE's eyes. It's not that they don't know who they are, but that they don't care. If they wen't under Vince would buy the tape library even if only to use it as the "look how bad they were doing" section on DVDs because he's petty and because there is at least some value in it, especially when combined with the rest of the WWE tape library.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

global force wrestling is dead already

All that TV they taped will air any day now and propel GFW to a huge 2016

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I do remember around this time last year or so when it was announced that GFW was promoting Wrestle Kingdom and such and everybody went crazy over that. It's a shame that was the most substantive thing to come out of GFW.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

it wouldn't surprise me to find out JJ started GFW just to appear in NJPW for one show.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

super macho dude posted:

it wouldn't surprise me to find out JJ started GFW just to appear in NJPW for one show.

don't forget the gfw invasion

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

super macho dude posted:

And right before the years end, we get one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen for 2015. God bless you BCB.

Eh, no, not really.

I mean, that list of "big names who aren't working directly for WWE right now or are 100% retired" is basically the same list I'm sure they've written on a whiteboard in TNA as people they WANT to have. And all the indy names would actually make sense. The only question is, does TNA have the money to pay any of those people who aren't already in TNA?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

does TNA have money

No

Wow! That was easier than the 2 paragraphs could have led us to believe!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If TNA doesn't have any money then how are they going to get that Superbowl commercial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

If TNA doesn't have any money then how are they going to get that Superbowl commercial?

CBS will give them a spot for free