Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

That game where they replace a word of a movie title with Jawa is just as fresh an entertaining now as it was at launch. Yessir.

Are they still playing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Are they still playing that

Yup. I see it about every 2-3 weeks or so.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
This game's general chat is better than WoW's but worse than FFXIV's.

None of them are any good, of course.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

It's worse Republic side. Over there, they periodically get bored and play a game where they insert the word "Jawa" into a film or TV show title over, and over, and over...

E: F,B

I will never understand the fascination with that. It was the same thing in WoW with "murloc". Thankfully the whole "Anal [abilty/item]" thing hasn't cropped up. Whenever I see that I always picture the person typing it as a drooling adolescent with Downs. Then again, that's rather insulting towards people with Downs.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Do you guys cycle companions in and out while questing to keep levels decent, or tend to favor one above the others?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Verranicus posted:

Do you guys cycle companions in and out while questing to keep levels decent, or tend to favor one above the others?

For characters I did the story on I generally chose one as my main.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The tutorial for this game keeps on mentioning that questing up to level 60 has been streamlined to focus on my personal story. Is this a sign that I can/should only focus on main story missions, or are they just boasting about how great this particular MMO is?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
You have to do the Class story and the main planetary story on each planet.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Dexo posted:

AKA the ones with the purple icons.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Well, you don't have to do the planet quest chains if you don't want to. Your class story alone isn't quite enough to keep your level up-to-date, but if you mix in the occasional heroic quest or flashpoint you can easily skip the planet chains if you prefer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dexo posted:

Actually right now for some amount of time I don't know offhand you CAN just do class quests since there's double XP.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
So apparently despite not being in the guild anymore, my Jugg is still on the guild ship from when I last logged out. If somebody could invite Boogers that'd be cool. :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So Non-Entity, how long until you are forced to shoehorn in get the privilege of adding a claymore saber to the game?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

So Non-Entity, how long until you are forced to shoehorn in get the privilege of adding a claymore saber to the game?

Please, you'd have to trust a disney-insider big-gun with a high priority project like that

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Medullah posted:

I would pay quite a few coins for a BB-8 style companion

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Jedi posted:

I will agree with you that it's a cesspool, but I don't find it as bad in SWTOR as in other games. Plus, it's really helpful for putting together world boss kills and ops.

Every now and then you get a winner going off in chat who more than makes up for the general not too atrocious in chat types. So far over the past month or so I've seen the Biotruths argument over how white people are genetically and intellectually superior to all others complete with freeper type links posted for proof, the female body types offered are fat shaming argument because body type 4 for men is large but apparently the women 4 option is normal size, and the other day or so was the big "is the President the commander in chief on militias' argument that went into debate over the right to bear arms and posse commitatus. Not to mention the earlier posted one from JC whining over the snowballs taking away a player's autonomy.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

Every now and then you get a winner going off in chat who more than makes up for the general not too atrocious in chat types. So far over the past month or so I've seen the Biotruths argument over how white people are genetically and intellectually superior to all others complete with freeper type links posted for proof, the female body types offered are fat shaming argument because body type 4 for men is large but apparently the women 4 option is normal size, and the other day or so was the big "is the President the commander in chief on militias' argument that went into debate over the right to bear arms and posse commitatus. Not to mention the earlier posted one from JC whining over the snowballs taking away a player's autonomy.

Does johnny mad dog still hang around pub chat?

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Medullah posted:

Day one purchase

So is companioncaust finally over? I took a break from playing last month because I let my sub lapse (whoops), and the game isn't worth playing to me without a sub.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Medullah posted:

Actually right now for some amount of time I don't know offhand you CAN just do class quests since there's double XP.

Do we know how long this is lasting for? Should I drop everything and blitz through some class quests?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Westy543 posted:

Day one purchase

So is companioncaust finally over? I took a break from playing last month because I let my sub lapse (whoops), and the game isn't worth playing to me without a sub.

Companions are fine. Heroics take a little while to solo but it's designed to reward you better and move faster if you do it with a partner. Soloing Heroic star fortresses is quite a challenge and not worth the reward.

Empress Theonora posted:

Do we know how long this is lasting for? Should I drop everything and blitz through some class quests?

Til January 1st.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Medullah posted:

Companions are fine. Heroics take a little while to solo but it's designed to reward you better and move faster if you do it with a partner. Soloing Heroic star fortresses is quite a challenge and not worth the reward.

Cool, that's about where they should have been.

For those planning to do the fleet datacron, are all y'all doing it imp side? I'd need to level up there but I'd be dtf (down to fleet-cron).

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Alter Ego posted:

It's worse Republic side. Over there, they periodically get bored and play a game where they insert the word "Jawa" into a film or TV show title over, and over, and over...

E: F,B

Sounds fun. I'll start. How I Met Your Jawa.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alright so I now have one of each advanced class on both factions :downs:

New additions are a Gunslinger who honestly looks more like a bounty hunter but whatever:

And my Sentinel who looks like a Street Samurai from Shadowrun (thanks to a black/black dye from a cantina crate) with CGA coloured lightsabers because hey, why not:

The more I use the attenuated sabers, the more I like them and they look really great with crystals that have a really bright core in particular. Really great work there, Nonentity.

Also as an aside for Medullah, I've sent Blukakke the stuff to make a 220 hilt and a barrel. Can you please send them to Lanero once you make them? I can't remember if I included that in the mail I sent or not.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mercurius posted:

Also as an aside for Medullah, I've sent Blukakke the stuff to make a 220 hilt and a barrel. Can you please send them to Lanero once you make them? I can't remember if I included that in the mail I sent or not.

I'll send it off tonight.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

jabro posted:

Sounds fun. I'll start. How I Met Your Jawa.

My Big Fat Greek Jawa.

I liked the game better when the swap word was "penis", not "Jawa". :q:

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Westy543 posted:

For those planning to do the fleet datacron, are all y'all doing it imp side? I'd need to level up there but I'd be dtf (down to fleet-cron).

I'd like to do it Imp side with TNG.

Mercurius posted:

And my Sentinel who looks like a Street Samurai from Shadowrun (thanks to a black/black dye from a cantina crate) with CGA coloured lightsabers because hey, why not:

Hot drat that looks fantastic!

Corzen fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 19, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mercurius posted:

Sent.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cheers. I've got a bunch of stuff up for sale on the GTN right now so if enough of it sells I'll probably get you to make me a few more.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

Does johnny mad dog still hang around pub chat?

Jonny transferred to a different server, he hasn't been seen on JC in a long time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mercurius posted:

Cheers. I've got a bunch of stuff up for sale on the GTN right now so if enough of it sells I'll probably get you to make me a few more.

Remember you can always put it in a legacy weapon to share with other people.

Legacy Blaster Pistol - Merc, Powertech, Scoundrel, Gunslinger
Legacy Blaster Rifle - Operative, Vanguard
Legacy Lightsaber - Juggernaut, Marauder, Sorcerer, Guardian, Sentinel, Sage
Legacy Double Bladed Saber - Assassin, Shadow

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oedzi, Pub guild is full if you could log on and clean it up. Or give me the ability to do it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Jan posted:

My Big Fat Greek Jawa.

I liked the game better when the swap word was "penis", not "Jawa". :q:

Leave it to Jawa.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

jabro posted:

Leave it to Jawa.

Don't do this poo poo.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
It's like I'm getting the authentic SWTOR general chat experience, right here in the thread.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Medullah posted:

Remember you can always put it in a legacy weapon to share with other people.

Legacy Blaster Pistol - Merc, Powertech, Scoundrel, Gunslinger
Legacy Blaster Rifle - Operative, Vanguard
Legacy Lightsaber - Juggernaut, Marauder, Sorcerer, Guardian, Sentinel, Sage
Legacy Double Bladed Saber - Assassin, Shadow
I know you can but until we get weapon cosmetic slots I won't be doing this. How can I pretend to be a fashionista if my weapons don't match my outfit?!?

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Mercurius posted:

I know you can but until we get weapon cosmetic slots I won't be doing this. How can I pretend to be a fashionista if my weapons don't match my outfit?!?

Welcome to the endgame, my friend. This game isn't about flashpoints or operations or even story. It's about massing a small (or not so small) fortune so we can all continue to play Space Dress Up.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I really need to stop reading the forums with threads like this being the current norm: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=860896

EDIT: I've also logged in to a mail in-game of someone chewing me out for undercutting them repeatedly by 1 credit on the GTN. Makes me miss FFXIVs system of using a separate NPC retainers name when listing stuff on the auction house.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 19, 2015

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Verranicus posted:

EDIT: I've also logged in to a mail in-game of someone chewing me out for undercutting them repeatedly by 1 credit on the GTN. Makes me miss FFXIVs system of using a separate NPC retainers name when listing stuff on the auction house.

What do they feel is an appropriate amount to undercut by? I'm pretty sure I do the same thing you do, sort by price, then post for 1 credit less.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Jedi posted:

What do they feel is an appropriate amount to undercut by? I'm pretty sure I do the same thing you do, sort by price, then post for 1 credit less.

Or just match their price. When you sort by lowest price it shows the newest item added to the GTN first. I've been doing that since launch and never have trouble selling things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jedi posted:

It's the right thing to do, they're just whining about someone competing with them :capitalism:

• Locked thread