Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Just watch the antisemitism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I don't play white because I'm an antisamite :v:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Caleb (best non-Pro Tour content creator) with some fun Legacy ban list thought experiments.

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-legacy-ban-list-what-should-change/

With the exception of killing wasteland, which I think is a bad idea because then the manabases have no constraining forces, I do like the notion of "kill all the existing T1 decks with major collateral damage and see what happens" as a concept.

I don't think it's good for legacy but it's fun to wonder if that brings Goblins or whatever bad pet deck that used to be good you like back into the meta.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I think they should make a format where the ban list is "literally every card over $10 TCG mid" and see what happens.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Yawgmoth posted:

I think they should make a format where the ban list is "literally every card over $10 TCG mid" and see what happens.
Would play the poo poo out of this format.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yawgmoth posted:

UR pauper smashing storm forever

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

As soon as the format gets popular cards that are good in it will get more expensive and thus ban themselves out of play, then drop as a result, going in infinite cycles of rapid banlist changes.

It would be fun as gently caress but you'd basically have to build a new deck at least once a week.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

GoutPatrol posted:

UR pauper smashing storm forever

Grapeshot and empty are banned :(

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Shortest Path posted:

As soon as the format gets popular cards that are good in it will get more expensive and thus ban themselves out of play, then drop as a result, going in infinite cycles of rapid banlist changes.

It would be fun as gently caress but you'd basically have to build a new deck at least once a week.

Get on your phone during sideboarding and buy out your opponent's win-con on TCG.

Game 2, game loss for the opponent for banned cards.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
They could use the idea of "claiming" from horse and car races. Basically, as a condition of entering the tournament, you agree to sell your deck for a fixed amount. At the end of the tournament, anyone can enforce that agreement and buy your deck from you, and you can buy anyone else's deck. There are quite a few practical hurdles to actually implementing this, but a $200 claim Legacy tournament would be interesting.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i'm mad with power and maked a format: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756523

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i promise that neither star wars, harry potter, swap.avi, nor any other goon darlings have been spoiled in that thread

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Having a way to draw cards and shut down flyers in the ramp deck seems cool. It's a bit awkward that it doesn't work with Shrine of the Forsaken Gods but that deck may be packing some extra colorless lands after OGW anyway.

How does it not work with Shrine?

Shrine makes 1 or 2(can only be spent on colorless) colorless mana, Endbringer is colorless, Endbringer costs colorless, Endbringer's abilities cost colorless.

I guess you can't activate it's draw ability off just a Shrine but that's probably not a huge loss anyway since you already have 7+ lands and I imagine a deck that's playing him is running more than just Shrines as colorless sources.

You can use a Hedron Archive to activate it though.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Some BuddyFight player threw a card over his shoulder and it hit me right below my eye. The gently caress is wrong with people? The store instantly told him to get out and banned him for a week. I'm so glad next Friday is Christmas, dealing with the riff-raf at my LGS has me on edge lately.

Casaval
Aug 25, 2003

Newtype
Does anyone know if any seattle area stores are doing 2HG prerelease?

I am aware that it is unpopular but i figure might as well, I'm just in it for the sweet sweet wizard scratch tickets. C'mon wasteland!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

BJPaskoff posted:

Some BuddyFight player threw a card over his shoulder and it hit me right below my eye. The gently caress is wrong with people? The store instantly told him to get out and banned him for a week. I'm so glad next Friday is Christmas, dealing with the riff-raf at my LGS has me on edge lately.

Sounds like you shouldn't have tried to steal his Stax deck

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

BJPaskoff posted:

People play buddyfight?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

People play buddyfight?

2hg is a common prerelease option, so in my experience, a bunch of people do play buddyfight. :v:

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Casaval posted:

I am aware that it is unpopular but i figure might as well, I'm just in it for the sweet sweet wizard scratch tickets. C'mon wasteland!

Terracrux in Tacoma usually runs their mid event as 2hg. Starts around 3 each day of prerelease weekend. Not sure if that is too far out of Seattle for you though.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
can y'all post me some of your best magic raps

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

can y'all post me some of your best magic raps

Living End, Mox Jet, Brainstorm, Nissa
Amulet, Mulldrifter, Thoughtseize, Chandra
Delver, Hydroblast, Ulamog, Sorin
Swiftspear, Progenitus, Tarmogoyf, Dackfayden

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Imagien if you could run your own cube on modo

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I don't play white because I'm an antisamite :v:

You deserve more credit for this joke, I just want you to know that.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

Seems good. Certainly fun.

Real sweet. Seems like it could have been a RWU card.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Real sweet. Seems like it could have been a RWU card.

I dunno. Blue and green have traditionally had the "untap each turn" ability, but rarely, and generally that's been the green side of it.

It definitely feels "weird" which is what they're going for with the eldrazi.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Weird would have been "untaps only on your opponent's untap step."

This is just good.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Living End, Mox Jet, Brainstorm, Nissa
Amulet, Mulldrifter, Thoughtseize, Chandra
Delver, Hydroblast, Ulamog, Sorin
Swiftspear, Progenitus, Tarmogoyf, Dackfayden

Gotta buy'em all, gotta buy'em all! (Yeah!)
Gotta buy'em all, gotta buy'em all!
Gotta buy them all! Magic cards!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

GeneX posted:

Weird would have been "untaps only on your opponent's untap step."

This is just good.

And super bordered would be "Untaps in the untap steps of the player to your left"

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Yawgmoth posted:

Heirloom is an online format that's basically that. No mythics above 1.50 tix, no rares above .50, no uncommons above 0.25, no commons above 0.13.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Casaval posted:

Most wpn stores that are advanced level get to run five flights. Usually one midnight one and two each weekend day of which the Sunday one is often 2hg. I would ask on magic the settling Facebook group as most of the store organizers hang out there.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
So while drafting with friends at my place last night one of us opened an expedition misty rainforest. He's a generous soul and just wants to turn that into boosters to play more drafts at home with us. What's the best way to trade that for a box of the new set (once it comes out) and some amount of a box of this set?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Don't trade it to the store. Try trading it with some people who frequent said store. Collectors will snatch up that opportunity ASAP and probably have an extra box of this set laying around anyway.

E: oh oops you drafted at home. That's a bit more difficult. Sell and buy unless you know people who want it. Up to you if you want to interact with LGS regulars/grognards :3:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

There's an MTG selling thread on here, try in there. They do it a little less than TCG low most of the time, but that's still a ton better than buylist pricing.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Tom Ross not on infect :siren: on D&T

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Alaan posted:

Tom Ross not on infect :siren: on D&T

Still a cool deck for cool people.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

I'm so sorry Philshady19

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

is that the real Phil Shady?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
:derp:Grixis Delver mirror :derp:

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Well today I won a game vs Emrakul and lost a game with Emrakul, so all in all vintage cube is where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

netcat posted:

Well today I won a game vs Emrakul and lost a game with Emrakul, so all in all vintage cube is where it's at.

What deck was Emrakul running

• Locked thread