Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit

Mr. WTF posted:

I have the same issues as everyone where the kill cam will show me basically doing a dance in his sights for 20 seconds before I even see him...but that's kind of usual territory...and I know, just don't get into fair gunfights.

The thing that bothers me with this one which I hadn't seen previously are lag spikes. Like I'll have a 30-50ms ping, and if I watch it (or I can definitely tell in game stuttering wise), it'll jump to 500ms and then back down...massively annoying. Could be my connection but I've heard lots of others complain similarly.
The game is supposedly using dedicated servers for PC right? Everyone usually will have 30-50 pings but I constantly see myself rubber banding back a step or two and sometimes I'll even un-throw grenades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

victrix posted:

I've seen that lag spike happen a few times, but it's pretty rare. Related are 4 bar lobbies that aren't, and 3 bar opponents that skip around on your screen. Thankfully a relatively rare occurrence in our evening games so far.

Are you using Ghost Dead Silence and Hard Wired? If not you're vulnerable to UAVs, Awareness, and Sixth Sense. Actually you're still vulnerable to Awareness even with DS if they're using good headphones and its quietish.

And of course, experience, or just plain bad luck. If I see the radar is clear near me, I'll do 180 checks because I expect a backspawn or someone sneaking up on me.

I always use Hard Wired, but I haven't unlocked Dead Silence yet on Xbox so I just use Awareness. Most of the people who shoot me in the back are not using Dead Silence, so its frustrating when I should be hearing them.

I shoot down UAVs pretty fast so I don't use Ghost. I guess I could start using it on classes that don't have launchers and see if it makes a difference.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Mill Village posted:

Most of the people who shoot me in the back are not using Dead Silence, so its frustrating when I should be hearing them.

The value of dead silence is not that it silences your sounds from others, but it silences your sounds to yourself. If you hear footsteps, you KNOW someone is around, and they don't get muddld in with your own. In turn, if I hear a sound, and there's no one on radar, that's some rear end in a top hat. That's how people are able to ADS before you've even turned the corner if you aren't using it.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51J0H4bwYQ8

I saw three as I was coming down, then two as I was killing them, and only realized the third died and hadn't fled when the 3K notice showed up. That's why I'm jumping around right after, because I'm panicking there's a third near me and I'm not very good.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Deviant posted:

The value of dead silence is not that it silences your sounds from others, but it silences your sounds to yourself. If you hear footsteps, you KNOW someone is around, and they don't get muddld in with your own. In turn, if I hear a sound, and there's no one on radar, that's some rear end in a top hat. That's how people are able to ADS before you've even turned the corner if you aren't using it.

On the other hand, people still do that even if you have dead silence on. This supports my theory that everyone who kills me is a drat hacking piece of trash.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Nah, the spawns are just that predictable. I do it all the time.

And because of infinite sprint, you can consistently predict arrival times from when dots appear on the map.

V - :iamafag:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 19, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mister Macys posted:

Nah, the spawns are just that predictable. I do it all the time.

Because you're hacking.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
Looks like PC is having a free weekend on steam if anyone wants to pub stomp that for a bit

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RiperSnifler posted:

The game is supposedly using dedicated servers for PC right? Everyone usually will have 30-50 pings but I constantly see myself rubber banding back a step or two and sometimes I'll even un-throw grenades.

There's no way. It's definitely hosted in some weird hybrid manner.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Looks like PC is having a free weekend on steam if anyone wants to pub stomp that for a bit

I might because I just downed two bottles of Game Fuel, one of each flavor. The red one tastes better by the way.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Code Red is delicious. Add a squeeze of lime and some (good) vodka/tequila.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Code Red is delicious. Add a squeeze of lime and some (good) vodka/tequila.

But it's not Code Red. It's some Citrus Cherry flavor. So chances are there's already lime in the red Game Fuel.

Also would it be wrong to think that putting Blops 3 codes on Code Red bottles would literally print money?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
I just wish the dew codes weren't for zombies.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

We got room for two.

PSN:BostonZombie

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

widespread posted:

Also would it be wrong to think that putting Blops 3 codes on Code Red bottles would literally print money?

There's certainly people buying more mountain dew for codes, as well as people who might not normally buy mountain dew at all.

Though having the 2xp codes be Zombies only is pretty loving stupid.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
According to the lamers on reddit they've implemented SBMM, anyone noticed a change?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I'd take it with a grain of salt.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Warning: Silly question incoming.

Do people dislike skill based matchmaking because it reduces the amount of easy kill fodder they get to work over, or is there some other issue?

From a purely detached point of view putting people in a lobby with others of approximately the same skill level would seem like a good thing.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
The same people that whinge that their teammates are clueless seem to be the same people whinging about SBMM. Some people are never happy.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

RossCo posted:

Do people dislike skill based matchmaking because it reduces the amount of easy kill fodder they get to work over, or is there some other issue?

From a purely detached point of view putting people in a lobby with others of approximately the same skill level would seem like a good thing.

When a game already has some issues for some people with connections/lag on the matchmaking end, especially when games are hosted p2p, anything that puts "connection quality" lower on the priority list when finding a lobby isn't great. However I don't see any reason to believe the reports on Reddit are true, it looks like it's doing what it's always been doing which is putting you in a lobby based purely on connection quality and then sorting teams after the fact according to perceived player skill. And if the game decides it's gonna be really picky about both those factors you end up with a situation like Halo 3 (I think that was the first one on 360?) where even with a ton of people playing it could literally take like 5 minutes to find a match

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

funkmeister posted:

BrokenKnees posted:

There's certainly people buying more mountain dew for codes, as well as people who might not normally buy mountain dew at all.

Though having the 2xp codes be Zombies only is pretty loving stupid.

I can sorta see what they were going for here. I mean, for one, remember the LAST time Multiplayer had Dew-ble XP? Wasn't it not only a money-printing scheme but also severely frowned upon? Though I could be misremembering things. Plus, as of now, there are some people without a season pass, so they can't do the grind on The Giant like a sane person would. Addendum, Shadows of Evil can get pretty loving complicated despite being a level for a mode that is literally "Shoot Things: The Mode", barring Easter Eggs.

Then again, I will agree that Multiplayer's grind is a bit steep in some cases too. I am a bad, so I only see about 5-6k xp on a normal day on Domination only, with probably less Weapon XP for weapons I really really want to give better mods to. And about 10 or so more Scorestreak Destructions closer to the penultimate BlackCell camos.

All in all, yes, more Multiplayer XP is fine, but I'd rather it be a legit 2XP weekend instead of Dew-ble XP. Don't wanna poison my body or Mother Earth with whatever the gently caress Dew and Doritos are made of just so I can have one more hour of Dew-ble XP.

I'm coining the term "Dew-ble XP", loving sue me.

RossCo posted:

Well duh on all accounts. Some CoD Kiddies are dumb for believing they're entitled to le epick skillshotes or whatever the flying gently caress kids are doing these days.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

When a game already has some issues for some people with connections/lag on the matchmaking end, especially when games are hosted p2p, anything that puts "connection quality" lower on the priority list when finding a lobby isn't great. However I don't see any reason to believe the reports on Reddit are true, it looks like it's doing what it's always been doing which is putting you in a lobby based purely on connection quality and then sorting teams after the fact according to perceived player skill. And if the game decides it's gonna be really picky about both those factors you end up with a situation like Halo 3 (I think that was the first one on 360?) where even with a ton of people playing it could literally take like 5 minutes to find a match

AW had terrible skill-based matchmaking that put connection last, and it didn't take long for it to match us against full parties in South America.

Connections this week are the worse they have ever been, and we are getting matched against teams more and more frequently. The last two games I played tonight were a stuttering mess, and we managed to barely win the first game, but the second one wasn't even close. Somehow this didn't effect the enemy team at all. There was also another game we lost earlier with the top enemy player having a 3-bar connection and getting very questionable kills. I watched my ping jump from 30 to 180 whenever this guy came near me.

To paraphrase another Goon, I feel like I'm getting worse at this game the more I play it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

funkmeister posted:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I liked how people stockpiled thousands of hours of double dew XP when it was limited to 24 hours. :laugh:

At one point, IW turned double XP on in MW3 and never turned it off. :laugh:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

I'm coining the term "Dew-ble XP", loving sue me.

:golfclap:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I am probably blind, but where's the option to prestige?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You gotta go into Barracks and into your multiplayer level.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Wish this game had some bumpin' menu music like this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIWnz0x_pSQ

Javes fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Dec 19, 2015

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, stole a GI unit from someone's care package. That little robot went to town on the other team!

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

ok I'm about to go for a marathon session to try and prestige. (No. 7!!!) I will be seeing if the flashbang is my next keeper or if I get so annoyed that I keep flashbanging myself I go with a gun or something.

Also I'm hoping to gold the kuda. I'm also a few headshots away from 100 with the Pharo so I could possibly get both into a healthy position/complete in the 6 levels I have left.

E: Or it will all go to poo poo because public dom. The fun is in the discovery.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Javes posted:

I didn't realise how much I missed blops dub wubs.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep. So I wasted a bunch of time in Theater mode, first getting a good picture of a fun kill I had but then just looking around when I realized there are some weird details in this game.

"The Annihilator."

Every character has their own dog tags. Not worth a picture, but I also noticed that Outrider (I think, trying to remember) has only a blood type listed whereas most have BT and then some note about cybernetics type. So I guess she's entirely human.

She just wanted coffee...

Magazines in Stronghold. "Why Save Big?" "Why 5ave Big?"

I remember when Computer Man only had a helicopter to his name.

Usually seen at great distance, to be fair.

You have a nice fuckin' day now!

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Javes posted:

I miss Black Ops 2 and Black Ops 1.

I even miss MW3.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

I forgot about this fun bug while I was in Theater mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV0t5sDqpUw

It persisted through him dying and respawning. I have no idea.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Had a guy go 0-101 because he spent all match shooting rockets into his feet.

Well, alright.

E: Blew his record out of the water this game with a magnificent 0-165. Baller.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 19, 2015

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Hydrocodone posted:

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep. So I wasted a bunch of time in Theater mode, first getting a good picture of a fun kill I had but then just looking around when I realized there are some weird details in this game.

"The Annihilator."

Every character has their own dog tags. Not worth a picture, but I also noticed that Outrider (I think, trying to remember) has only a blood type listed whereas most have BT and then some note about cybernetics type. So I guess she's entirely human.

She just wanted coffee...

Magazines in Stronghold. "Why Save Big?" "Why 5ave Big?"

I remember when Computer Man only had a helicopter to his name.

Usually seen at great distance, to be fair.

You have a nice fuckin' day now!

That's awesome. I only started playing with headphones recently and then I noticed how much effort they put in to make the game sound good. So much ambient noises that you barely hear when there's guns shooting and explosions everywhere. But they are there and that's cool.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dalai Trauma posted:

Had a guy go 0-101 because he spent all match shooting rockets into his feet.

Well, alright.

E: Blew his record out of the water this game with a magnificent 0-165. Baller.

Now that SBMM is supposedly a thing he's gotta get in on that reverse boosting

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BurritoJustice posted:

Now that SBMM is supposedly a thing he's gotta get in on that reverse boosting

Reminds me of the guy with an emblem which said "DON'T LEAVE MY K/D IS ONLY .35!" and then proceeded to call in 4 raps.

2 games in a row.

May have even been the same guy, I recognise the Panda name from something.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, just got the medal for stunning and killing 10 enemies with heat wave. But the unlockable head still sits at 9/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is the concept of not wanting SBMM and the debacle around it that hard to understand? As already said COD is notorious for poo poo connections and net code. So to have all the above with skill being a preference over a connection is pretty LOL. Advanced Warfare really was that bad with its connection (I liked the game otherwise) and I'm pretty sure it's why it died off so early with goons and everyone else. Especially when goons live in different places poo poo gets all wonky in matchmaking

Dalai Trauma posted:

Had a guy go 0-101 because he spent all match shooting rockets into his feet

How else you gonna get a lobby of scrubs so you can post that sick YouTube game footage

• Locked thread